Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hufflepuff Making 2k BTC On PrimeDice Nov 2014. March 2015 Update: He Cheated  (Read 49964 times)
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:27:30 AM

Thank you for posting this great read and the Ocean's 11 picture is just so on point lol  Cool Primedice has been exploited on multiple occasions which is quite shocking....
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:06:20 AM

Just read the article. Can't the same exploits be made on almost all the sites ?

Thank you for posting this great read and the Ocean's 11 picture is just so on point lol  Cool Primedice has been exploited on multiple occasions which is quite shocking....

I think most of the exploits were back in the starting years. It definitely has helped a lot of other sites as well, to learn from their mistakes.
Pony789

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:20:20 AM

Just read the article. Can't the same exploits be made on almost all the sites ?

Maybe, but I would assume Hufflepuff should have also checked the other sites after PD fixed the problem completely and launched the same attack if it is feasible. Until now, I haven't heard of any comparably amazing win on the other sites.

micromen

Activity: 668
Merit: 393

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple Games, Multiple Coins

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 09:41:03 AM

Maybe, but I would assume Hufflepuff should have also checked the other sites after PD fixed the problem completely and launched the same attack if it is feasible. Until now, I haven't heard of any comparably amazing win on the other sites.

If he is exploiting it on other sites, maybe he is now trying to be more subtile, so they don't notice and fix the flaw?  Grin

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCHSTRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO       
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO            
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:44:16 AM

If he is exploiting it on other sites, maybe he is now trying to be more subtile, so they don't notice and fix the flaw?  Grin

I agree, I think that in total our dear hufflepuff withdrew far more 'of 2037 btc from  primedice, maybe he has exploited other sites...
WhatTheGox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:04:43 AM

I agree, I think that in total our dear hufflepuff withdrew far more 'of 2037 btc from  primedice, maybe he has exploited other sites...

Its possible huff could have took very large percentages out of the whole bitcoin gambling economy if he managed $8000 per secound at primedice.  Hes probably sat on a beach somewhere earning 20% working out how to hack the next bitcoin site. Undecided
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:12:58 AM

I think his wallet linked by Stunna shows around 7000 bitcoins so it's possible his net worth is maybe what approx. 10 000 bitcoins out of all the different wallets and stuff lol  Cool I don't think he will be hacking any sites any time soon lol.
Havelivi

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:18:08 AM

Hefflepuff played a amazing game there i admire that the Gambling God he/she can destroy any gambling site with this kind of gambling because he has giant bankroll after got paid from primedice i think stunna is the honest admin ever i seen. that article is interesting to read the whole story about the way of gambling what hefflepuff did there.
micromen

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 10:20:15 AM

Maybe it is all a conspiracy, and stunna paid hufflepuff/is hufflepuff so Stunna himself could seem more trustworthy because he paid 2k btc  Grin

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO       
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO            
Coef

Exhausted

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:20:24 AM

I think his wallet linked by Stunna shows around 7000 bitcoins so it's possible his net worth is maybe what approx. 10 000 bitcoins out of all the different wallets and stuff lol  Cool I don't think he will be hacking any sites any time soon lol.

7000 btc? Are you talking about the "Total Received" on https://blockchain.info/address/14iS2UvcLK33xkC1K1qL1dhEbp49aiNfNp?

Indeed, the address keep repeatedly sending 80 btc to 1BiPXmDrHm7VXZnWy6NnW1ZbPc4dcpfkH5 which is Hufflepuff’s deposit address and receiving 100 btc back from PD, so the "total received" figure is a lot higher than his net worth.

https://blockchain.info/charts/balance?address=14iS2UvcLK33xkC1K1qL1dhEbp49aiNfNp shows the address balance reached ~2200 btc, before he transferred the bitcoin elsewhere.

Coef

Exhausted

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:26:58 AM

Maybe it is all a conspiracy, and stunna paid hufflepuff/is hufflepuff so Stunna himself could seem more trustworthy because he paid 2k btc  Grin

Why would he do that?
Primedice has been the most popular bitcoin gambling site long ago, and I don't think Stunna need to this kind of things to draw publicity. Plus, I doubt that making up a story of the site being exploited and losing lots of bitcoin could improve the site trustworthy level. On the contrary, it would more likely make people wonder if the site is secure or if one day the site will lose every single bitcoin to another hacker/scammer.

micromen

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 10:31:49 AM

Why would he do that?
Primedice has been the most popular bitcoin gambling site long ago, and I don't think Stunna need to this kind of things to draw publicity. Plus, I doubt that making up a story of the site being exploited and losing lots of bitcoin could improve the site trustworthy level. On the contrary, it would more likely make people wonder if the site is secure or if one day the site will lose every single bitcoin to another hacker/scammer.
Its just a joke, just an idea, ofcourse it is very unlikely that that is what really happened

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO       
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO            
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:30:27 PM

Why would he do that?
Its just a joke, just an idea, ofcourse it is very unlikely that that is what really happened

it is real or not sure this is a story that has affected everyone, bringing the mystery behind a winning nearly $ 1 million.
Primedice has nonetheless gained in advertising ', 2000 bitcoin lost or stolen will already been recovered I think.
Thanks anyway for a stunna however informed all the players and professionals, consider always pd says a lot more 'trustworthy
isleepwithwatermelon

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:52:45 PM

wow,what a story!
thanx for posting it
TYT

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:59:34 PM

I think most of the exploits were back in the starting years. It definitely has helped a lot of other sites as well, to learn from their mistakes.

According to the article the exploit wouldn't have been possible on the older site but was on the new one. I guess losses from thefts and cheaters are inevitable but goes to show you always have to remain vigilant and make security a number 1 priority as people will always try break into your site to steal whatever funds they can. Any big winners should always have a delay on their withdraws and accounts closely scrutinized.
David19

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:08:01 PM

According to the article the exploit wouldn't have been possible on the older site but was on the new one. I guess losses from thefts and cheaters are inevitable but goes to show you always have to remain vigilant and make security a number 1 priority as people will always try break into your site to steal whatever funds they can. Any big winners should always have a delay on their withdraws and accounts closely scrutinized.

I find it funny that stunna's lead developer was unable to find anything wrong with the account when the same account had inactive/active at seeds the same time. I mean wouldn't that be the first thing you would check in this case??
MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 04:09:09 PM

It was very interesting to read that story but we already knew almost all off it .

Its very possible that he can use that exploit on other sites to , cheater using that exploit is very hard to catch . Not possible without investigating database very closely . And even than its hard to prove that cheater is using that exploit.

But yeah, good to see that pd paid out 2000+ btc without any problem.

Max payout on pd will also be back to 40btc very soon so i guess they already earned back that 2000btc.

EV is 10000+ btc for pd , so pd should be in solid profit even without that 2000 btc that huffle got .

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
David19

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:14:32 PM

It was very interesting to read that story but we already knew almost all off it .

Its very possible that he can use that exploit on other sites to , cheater using that exploit is very hard to catch . Not possible without investigating database very closely . And even than its hard to prove that cheater is using that exploit.

But yeah, good to see that pd paid out 2000+ btc without any problem.

Max payout on pd will also be back to 40btc very soon so i guess they already earned back that 2000btc.

EV is 10000+ btc for pd , so pd should be in solid profit even without that 2000 btc that huffle got .

Actually many sites have the delay on changing the seed, typically its about 5-10sec per seed change. I knew that was the problem/exploit when they fixed it in pd after hufflepuff
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:23:19 AM

The article didn't really say what the exploit was:

we found a handful of accounts sharing the same server seed.

Hufflepuff found a way to “confuse” our server, and made it give out a decrypted server seed that was also an active seed. This was done by sending it more requests than it could handle in a small time period, think hundreds of requests in under a second.

The first quote makes it sound like the seed generator either generated the same seed for two different accounts, or was only called once for two different accounts.

The second quote makes it sound as if the "reveal old seed" behaviour could be made to happen without the "replace old seed by new seed" action having been done first. Maybe sending too many requests at once could trigger that. But it doesn't fit in with the first quote.

So I think we're really left guess about what really happened, and why.

I think it's unlikely the same exploit exists on other sites. I don't see how multiple accounts would share the same server seed accidentally, or why a server would reveal its server seed without first invalidating that seed. But there's no guarantee that other sites didn't make the same obscure mistake(s).

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:45:42 AM

Very interesting situation. Few things stood out to me. The integrity of Stunna and Primedice was one. I have a feeling that many other site owners would have closed up shop, ran away with customer funds, made up some excuse about being hacked, or denied huffle's large withdrawals altogether. You also have to show some respect to huffle, even though a crook, he used repeated ingenuity to game the system. Something I can respect even if I don't agree with the end result.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: