Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:35:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of Bitcoin  (Read 119551 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:15:25 PM

These are all interesting news, I am just afraid that all of these banks will never adopt Bitcoin. Instead, they will develop their own centralized blockchain system where they will be the only rulers as they think they should be.

They are not ready to lay down all of their power and do business in decentralized and very open way. This is just not in their DNA.

What will happen when every bank or government creates theirs own cryptocurrency?
Again they depend on their fiats absolutely, the only advantage they can enjoy may be easy transmitting within their country.
But the purpose of bitcoin is not that one. Bitcoin will solve many financial crisis. So, it's meaningless when a bank or Government creates their own digital money. It's only meaningful when everybody accepts a digital money world wide. That digital money is bitcoin.

Yes creating a own cryptocurrency, again a centralization. So, only solution is Bitcoin. Long live bitcoin!

Then what about alternate cryptocurrncies like Litecoin or Dogecoins....
May be ripple kind of payment system, you are denoting. But if a bank creates a own crytocurrency then it's not a centralization but just another crytocurrency backed by a bank or government.

I don't believe that banks will create coins which can be used by their customers on a daily basis in society. If they create coins they will be used as internal tokens which might be needed to transfer value between several banks. Think about it as internal connected blockchain/blockchains between a number of banks.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:13:37 PM

If you ask me about the future of Bitcoin, all I could say is that it is a very bright one. Right now, Bitcoin is suffering from low price and block size issue but just you wait and probably after the next 5 years, you will see Bitcoin rise and become very valuable. In the future, Bitcoin might be accepted as a form of payment from a vast majority of countries from around the world with faster TPS and confirmation times.  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:58:46 AM

I think that the future of bitcoins depends on many other factors.
Firstly the price should be more stable and increasing/decreasing slowly to get more people interested in this payment method.
If this is done then more e-commerces will implement it and boom, the price of bitcoin and popularity will be on maximum.

Yes. Price stability is the key for storing wealth.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:12:44 PM

Firstly the price should be more stable and increasing/decreasing slowly to get more people interested in this payment method.
If this is done then more e-commerces will implement it and boom, the price of bitcoin and popularity will be on maximum.

That is true but did you ever thought about the advantages that volatile price have? This could benefit you from buying BTC at low prices and when the price is high, it could be a good asset to exchange for fiat. This makes you earn profit, but at the same time you could lose money too. If we had stable prices, we might not have to worry about price change, but you will miss the benefits of buying low and selling high. Just my opinion.  Roll Eyes

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:33:34 PM

That is true but did you ever thought about the advantages that volatile price have? This could benefit you from buying BTC at low prices and when the price is high, it could be a good asset to exchange for fiat. This makes you earn profit, but at the same time you could lose money too. If we had stable prices, we might not have to worry about price change, but you will miss the benefits of buying low and selling high. Just my opinion.  Roll Eyes

From customer viewpoint this may be good point but from merchant's viewpoint it's very bad point because they have to plan their expenses and income in advance and with BTC it's very difficult to plan anything. If bitcoin loose a lot value customers will be very happy because they will save money but merchants will loose a lot money and have a lot financial and other difficulties.
So, volatile price surely can't help bitcoin to become mainstream.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
electronicfactura

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:48:52 PM

The future of Bitcoin should be more brighter and prosper than now.I can only say Bitcoin is gold of future.It will be traded same way as gold now when the use of digital currencies with as normal as fiat money and other payment methods.Future is bright and sure for Bitcoin.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:52:19 PM

Yes, no one will not to buy a commodity which decreases over time. But case of bitcoin is completely different, but people are not ready for long run. If the people to believe in bitcoin because it has limited supply and amount of supply from block reduces over time, then they will be storing their wealth into bitcoin.
nobanks4me (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:01:15 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/royal-bank-of-scotland-trialing-in-house-cryptocurrency/
Sounds like a version of i-coin.

⚫ ⚫ ⚫  Listen to the weekly altcoinsidekick.com podcast to understand what cryptocurrency is really all about.  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
AltcoinSidekick.com - CRYPTO Blog | Podcasts | Videos | Tools  ▬▬▬ ■
apriyani420

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:59:37 PM

i believe that bitcoin price will rise a lot in the future also more and more people will start using it as companies will start accepting it what will make it more popular

jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:41:38 PM

Is USD, EUR and other fiat currencies stable? i think yes.
But does it means that people are not earning from trading them? - No
There will be always traders (forex) that will earn/lose in trading, so the same with bitcoin.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:16:08 AM

Future of Bitcoin? Dead like any other e-currency.

The start up companies will milk the money from stupid investors until the last ones will say STOP. I have read a lot of stories where the start up companies said that they are not interested to provide services to public for "now" but to receive capital from some investors. Smiley

Coinbase + others like it are on minus with the renevue and expenses and the investors won't be able to recover 100+ millions invested.

So, this is the future of BTC. Nothing new in the e-currency business. This time, it was made with a lot of media buzz and that's why it is bigger but the end is the same. Smiley

You must be mentally sick or novice in this industry to think that this market is not manipulated by few "actors". I know, I know, there is manipulations on all the markets but let's get real . BTC  is backed on nothing...

Once a big exchanger will be down(it will happen very soon), the BTC price will go near to zero where it belongs. Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:19:45 AM

The future of Bitcoin should be more brighter and prosper than now.I can only say Bitcoin is gold of future.It will be traded same way as gold now when the use of digital currencies with as normal as fiat money and other payment methods.Future is bright and sure for Bitcoin.

bitcoin already reached price of gold, not its peak though, but the last high, value and if i'm not mistaken it has surpassed it

next target should be very high for bitcoin to re-acquire the confidence and the trust among those that are still sceptical
bit2015

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:48:35 PM

The future is bright.  Grin                     
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:54:38 PM

bitcoin already reached price of gold, not its peak though, but the last high, value and if i'm not mistaken it has surpassed it

next target should be very high for bitcoin to re-acquire the confidence and the trust among those that are still sceptical

I see Bitcoin is the next coming currency for the near future, as you noticed here it's already reached price of Gold, so i think the price stability don't matter a lot, gold also haven't price stability
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:04:37 PM

The start up companies will milk the money from stupid investors until the last ones will say STOP. I have read a lot of stories where the start up companies said that they are not interested to provide services to public for "now" but to receive capital from some investors. Smiley

Coinbase + others like it are on minus with the renevue and expenses and the investors won't be able to recover 100+ millions invested.

So, this is the future of BTC. Nothing new in the e-currency business. This time, it was made with a lot of media buzz and that's why it is bigger but the end is the same. Smiley

You must be mentally sick or novice in this industry to think that this market is not manipulated by few "actors". I know, I know, there is manipulations on all the markets but let's get real . BTC  is backed on nothing...

Once a big exchanger will be down(it will happen very soon), the BTC price will go near to zero where it belongs. Smiley

You are one very optimistic person I must admit! I don't understand what a heck are you doing on this forum with this point of view? You should sell your account and have a beer from this money and forget about this whole crypto world!

Cheers!
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:26:57 PM

You are one very optimistic person I must admit! I don't understand what a heck are you doing on this forum with this point of view? You should sell your account and have a beer from this money and forget about this whole crypto world!

Cheers!

With the freedom of speech, people may babble. But they can not hide the sun with their hand. I just see that post as most entertaining nothing serious with that. He writes about almost all exchanges like he is one of the partner in them. Time will answer everyboady as time is a very big teacher.
nobanks4me (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:31:41 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/bny-mellon-blockchain-tech-could-transform-payments/

⚫ ⚫ ⚫  Listen to the weekly altcoinsidekick.com podcast to understand what cryptocurrency is really all about.  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
AltcoinSidekick.com - CRYPTO Blog | Podcasts | Videos | Tools  ▬▬▬ ■
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:36:42 PM

I believe that bitcoin will be popular in future as many people are showing their interest by investing in the bitcoins. As they know that its gonna be a good tool for investment and can give maximum returns on the investment in the future and future of bitcoin totally depends on the adoption of the people. We have already seen increase in the number of bitcoin users, there will be growth in the bitcoin prices but it will take some more years.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:17:49 PM

I believe that bitcoin has very bright future ahead, in coming year we can see good news from many countries about bitcoin. There has been significant increase the bitcoin users and it is getting more and more popular. Every countries should accept and regulate the bitcoins  which is good for the future of bitcoin, i would like to see the prices of bitcoins touched to $ 1000.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:22:11 PM

I believe that bitcoin has very bright future ahead, in coming year we can see good news from many countries about bitcoin. There has been significant increase the bitcoin users and it is getting more and more popular. Every countries should accept and regulate the bitcoins  which is good for the future of bitcoin, i would like to see the prices of bitcoins touched to $ 1000.
I agree. Bitcoin has a lot of potential as it is simply better than fiat currency. The only reason the price has been declining is because of the lack of understanding of Bitcoin. If more people understood how the technology worked, the price would soar.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: