Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:18:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Blacklist of Entities Operating in the Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency Space  (Read 11101 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:21:20 AM

*facepalm* >_<

Apologies for being confused, for I thought you were talking about me, but still not sure at second thought you were in reference to SLok.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:36:15 AM

Thank you for putting BlackArrow on there.  Definitely a company that deserves it.  keep up the good work Bruno.

Your welcome, bud. This list is just getting started and could easily be a full time job.

In re. Bruce/bcp18, show me a website/Linkedin page, then I'll be able to justify adding him in the OP and on the official site.

Oh really.

LoL. You have already posted 100s of times on that fact.

You know where exactly those posts are for him trying to get a bet on shipping of BFL products.

Proofs right there and you read those very posts once before.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:56:33 AM

Don't forget our ole pal Yifu Gou & Nzang & the folks at Avalon Smiley

Wow,gonna be a BIG list!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
1Neptune

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:08:21 AM

Q: What do you call 30 attorneys at the bottom of the ocean?

A: A good start.

(not to knock too much on attorneys, as there are a few in the business - too few)

Good start on the list Bruno. I'd suggest having it in two sections: 1) individuals; 2) company/organization. That will make searching through the list easier as it gets inevitably longer.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:43:17 AM

Q: What do you call 30 attorneys at the bottom of the ocean?

A: A good start.

(not to knock too much on attorneys, as there are a few in the business - too few)

Good start on the list Bruno. I'd suggest having it in two sections: 1) individuals; 2) company/organization. That will make searching through the list easier as it gets inevitably longer.

I'll organize as such in the OP, with it being more detailed on the website.

I'm goin' ask BFL if they'll give me an endowment from their BDF to jumpstart it.  Grin

Don't forget our ole pal Yifu Gou & Nzang & the folks at Avalon Smiley

Wow,gonna be a BIG list!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

I have no problem with including them on the list if such is warranted. Would a couple more bitcoiners mind expressing such to get me off the fence? I'd appreciate it.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:10:53 AM

The following entities operating in the Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency space are not to be trusted one iota...

We Use Coins

What'd they do?

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:34:28 AM

The following entities operating in the Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency space are not to be trusted one iota...

We Use Coins

What'd they do?

They are own by Butterfly Lab Inc., hence shouldn't be trusted. In fact, they'll be going into receivership soon since BFL forgot to mention to the FTC that they own it.

Here's the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9426022#msg9426022
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:42:36 AM

Hitler was a bad guy, and those closely aligned with Hitler were dubbed bad guys.

BFL, et al., are bad guys and if you're closely aligned with any of its principals, you're labeled a bad guy since you've opted to not distance yourself from them.

Same true for every bad actor occupying the cryptocurrency space.

That said, list names of bad actors. Also, list names of only venerable entities.
1Neptune

Activity: 241

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:06:42 AM

Hitler was a bad guy, and those closely aligned with Hitler were dubbed bad guys.

BFL, et al., are bad guys and if you're closely aligned with any of its principals, you're labeled a bad guy since you've opted to not distance yourself from them.

That said, list names of bad actors. Also, list names of only venerable entities.

Bitmain (antminers) has been good, but looks like they may have taken a page out of the Sonny and "K" of "KnC" playbook on how to make money when your customers don't. Hopefully Bitmain will realize that customers buying mining equipment generally expect to make a return on investment, meaning something better than the equipment just paying for itself and operating costs. Running a money pit isn't done for fun and isn't a hobby either. No problem with mining equipment manufactures making a profit as they have to in order to stay in business. However the manufacturer shouldn't be the only one in the equation making a profit. </soapbox>
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:18:03 AM

Bitmain (antminers) has been good, but looks like they may have taken a page out of the Sonny and "K" of "KnC" playbook on how to make money when your customers don't. Hopefully Bitmain will realize that customers buying mining equipment generally expect to make a return on investment, meaning something better than the equipment just paying for itself and operating costs. Running a money pit isn't done for fun and isn't a hobby either. No problem with mining equipment manufactures making a profit as they have to in order to stay in business. However the manufacturer shouldn't be the only one in the equation making a profit. </soapbox>

I've been keeping an eye on Bitmain, and at this penning I can't easily justify putting them on either list, albeit sometime after the roll out of the website, I'm sure they'll fit comfortably in one of the categories if they continue to swing toward the dark side.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:51:21 AM

At the other end of the extreme, here's a list of highly trusted entities operating in the cryptocurrency space.

Overstock.com is highly trusted and has a great ceo supportive of crypto currency outside of just sales from overstock, see:

https://twitter.com/OverstockCEO
Karambit

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:00:45 AM

At the other end of the extreme, here's a list of highly trusted entities operating in the cryptocurrency space.

Overstock.com is highly trusted and has a great ceo supportive of crypto currency outside of just sales from overstock, see:

https://twitter.com/OverstockCEO

I wouldn't want a list of good companies here because people could easily be confused and consider them bad guys because of the title....first impressions last.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 10:13:26 AM

Glad to see you putting this list together Bruno.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
ern

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:35:49 AM

Could you add the founders of KNCminer to your list? You can find their names and LinkedIn profiles at the bottom of this page: https://www.kncminer.com/pages/aboutus

You might also want to consider adding Moolah and/or "Alex Green".

bitnanigans

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:19:07 PM

This is a really useful list. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:44:30 PM

You may want to add them here as well: https://www.bitjustice.org

On the good guys list now, and thanks, bud.

I put you at the top of the list in the OP, and will give you 100% free billing on the official site I'm building.

Could you get rid of them, please, they're bitcoin blacklisting freaks. Blacklisting the people is fine, but not the bitcoins.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:56:55 PM

what happened to TBF? or even broke pierce? Grin
occupier

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:08:31 PM

You may want to add them here as well: https://www.bitjustice.org

On the good guys list now, and thanks, bud.

I put you at the top of the list in the OP, and will give you 100% free billing on the official site I'm building.

Could you get rid of them, please, they're bitcoin blacklisting freaks. Blacklisting the people is fine, but not the bitcoins.

Freaks? If there is nothing to be done when over a million bitcoins have been stolen then you can pretty much remove the Bitcoin chapter from the book of future.
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:23:44 PM

Jon Montroll and these two brothers from Cyprus.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:27:15 PM

You can put TradeFortress on there as well, probably just a link to his profile will do the trick.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: