Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SMLY- smileycoin - for rewards in education  (Read 77009 times)
Hailey3958

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:04:09 PM

This project has pretty good ideas and practicality.  You have a great project with a great team and supporters. I hope that many people are interested in your project. It will be successful. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dgmon

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:29:15 AM

c-cex is sending general threats again:
One of our goals is to keep only coins needed for trading. We are changing delisting rules. We will not uncheck delisting mark automatically if coin gain enough daily volume after removal announce. This will stop speculations to keep coin here. Once announced - will be removed.

Do we care? Should we just ignore them? We have plenty of other exchanges now...

I notice in the C-Cex terms that they now require 0.5 BTC daily volume, and there's no warning if you fall too low.  Seems a bit difficult for SMLY to achieve.
gstefans (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 11:08:51 AM

One of our goals is to keep only coins needed for trading. We are changing delisting rules. We will not uncheck delisting mark automatically if coin gain enough daily volume after removal announce. This will stop speculations to keep coin here. Once announced - will be removed.

Do we care? Should we just ignore them? We have plenty of other exchanges now...

I notice in the C-Cex terms that they now require 0.5 BTC daily volume, and there's no warning if you fall too low.  Seems a bit difficult for SMLY to achieve.
Right.  It's particularly difficult since they didn't even look at the DOGE or LTC markets last time where we can in principle maintain volume using bots.

So I agree - let's not worry about it and just point people to other exchanges if&when they kick us out.
joyslcrypt

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:50:24 PM

Sorry but I have 2 noob questions:
1. I still don't get how to mine SMLY. hashlink and hashnova are down. Is it possible to mine it solo?
2. If i keep 25M SMLY in coinomi, do I get dividend? or does it have to be a windows/linux wallet?

tqvm in advance
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:01:22 PM

Sorry but I have 2 noob questions:
1. I still don't get how to mine SMLY. hashlink and hashnova are down. Is it possible to mine it solo?
2. If i keep 25M SMLY in coinomi, do I get dividend? or does it have to be a windows/linux wallet?

tqvm in advance
1 yes; it's only mined solo
2 yes
Ricsung

Activity: 260
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:24:28 AM

Right.  It's particularly difficult since they didn't even look at the DOGE or LTC markets last time where we can in principle maintain volume using bots.

So I agree - let's not worry about it and just point people to other exchanges if&when they kick us out.

This is a respected educational project. I like its goals. Even though there are some difficulties now, there are not many people concerned about it.
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:35:36 PM

Hi,  I am polycryptoblog,  from Komodo Platform,   I just came across your coin,  I like the practical use case for this cryptocurrency, a way to reward students for performance is great.

I do not believe your coin has been added to BarterDEX,  our decentralized exchange,  I would like to see it there as it would give the students a way of exchanging their coins outside of centralized exchanges which has volume and capital requirements and higher fees.

Due to how BarterDEX works,  you could set up marketmakers and have Smileycoin be a base pair against other cryptos and erc20 tokens.

I am also interested in your educationinasuitcase initiative as well,  perhaps there is a way Komodo can contribute as well.  

gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:40:02 PM

Hi,  I am polycryptoblog,  from Komodo Platform,   I just came across your coin,  I like the practical use case for this cryptocurrency, a way to reward students for performance is great.

I do not believe your coin has been added to BarterDEX,  our decentralized exchange,  I would like to see it there as it would give the students a way of exchanging their coins outside of centralized exchanges which has volume and capital requirements and higher fees.

Due to how BarterDEX works,  you could set up marketmakers and have Smileycoin be a base pair against other cryptos and erc20 tokens.

I am also interested in your educationinasuitcase initiative as well,  perhaps there is a way Komodo can contribute as well.  

Sounds good. What does it take?
Krones

Activity: 560
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:04:31 PM

I see this project as a charity, and that's right, it pleases that there are people who think about others, but from the point of view of an investor who wants to multiply his savings, I do not see the potential of the project
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:06:03 PM

Sounds good. What does it take?

Best to get in touch with our DEX manager on the coin addition,   I know that it requires CLTV and gettxout.  If your coin hasn't added those already.  Another thing while not essential is SPV servers ( it can be done with native clients as well but SPV is alot less headache and resource consumption for users ).  I will PM you the email address.

Next step, would to become familiar with BarterDEX as it doesn't operate in a traditional manner that exchanges do as it is based off of UTXOs  .   Links below to help you out.

https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/BarterDEX/releases     Download Github
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA_1H6oAT_E    BarterDEX Basics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1cbzQLUneA    BarterDEX  Liquidity Provider and Multiplier and Trading and Portfolio

Regarding Education in a Suitcase,  I would like to know how Smileycoin and Education in a Suitcase work together,  my understanding is that it Smileycoin is the reward for the tutors that help educate the receivers of the tablets provided by Education in a Suitcase?  

gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 07:58:09 PM

I see this project as a charity, and that's right, it pleases that there are people who think about others, but from the point of view of an investor who wants to multiply his savings, I do not see the potential of the project
Thankfully others do not agree :-)

The Quote article is a case in point: http://www.quotenet.nl/Nieuws/Het-wonder-van-SmileyCoin-rijk-worden-met-donaties-209798

We received quite a lot of donations following this and people also rushed in to buy SMLY on the market.

The people referred to in the Quote magazine are investors who want to invest but not in a random project. They want to invest in a project which has a social purpose.

gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:48:15 AM

SMLY is being delisted from c-cex.

Make sure you remove your coins from the exchange in time.
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 07:40:59 AM

SMLY is being delisted from c-cex which forms the source of information for coinmarketcap.

CMC only accept a new market if the volume is at least  $1000/day but none of the other SMLY markets achieve this.

Suggestions?
saobien1920

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:08:39 PM

This project looks great! Can not wait until this project reaches a huge capitalization, otherwise you’ll be late, you’ve to invest now
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 03:15:42 PM

While I remember: In addition to the fora we have an email list where we send out very occasional news (about 1 per year) about the three projects, Education in a Suitcase, tutor-web and Smileycoin.

Send an email to educationinasuitcase@gmail.com if you want to be added to the list.
ninjaskip

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:36:37 PM

SMLY is being delisted from c-cex which forms the source of information for coinmarketcap.

CMC only accept a new market if the volume is at least  $1000/day but none of the other SMLY markets achieve this.

Suggestions?

I don't see a problem with being delisted from c-cex. It isn't really a great place to exchange cryptocurrencies anyway. Better get another one.
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 06:19:48 PM

Suggestions?

I don't see a problem with being delisted from c-cex. It isn't really a great place to exchange cryptocurrencies anyway. Better get another one.

Right. No need to worry about losing c-cex.

The upcoming problem is that we will not have a listing at coinmarketcap...
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 08:12:14 PM

Forgot this...
Regarding Education in a Suitcase,  I would like to know how Smileycoin and Education in a Suitcase work together,  my understanding is that it Smileycoin is the reward for the tutors that help educate the receivers of the tablets provided by Education in a Suitcase?  

Right now, SMLY are used to reward students who do well in the tutor-web online educational resource. Education in a Suitcase is a project which donates tablets to students and servers to schools -- the servers run tutor-web (and other things such as Wikipedia, Khan Academy etc etc), for use in classrooms that have no chance of an Internet connection (which includes most of Kenya).

Most of the material to date has been either donated or funded by various other projects.

EIAS gets a portion of the coinbase (4500 SMLY from every block currently mined).

The intent is to get students to provide more material such as math examples, both to increase sustainability and to have a fundamentally different "drilling" mechanisms, something more like an open-ended question as opposed to multiple-choice questions only. This will lead to material development being funded with SMLY, which has not been done before.

The premine is used and primarily intended for this (debatable as a premine may be). For the remote areas we've put some SMLY on a SMLY wallet on the servers, but since there is typically no Internet, the wallet can't sync to the blockchain (well, sporadically when the mobile 3G connection works). So this is not yet solved though we have some ideas. To date we've been to really rural areas but we hope to have a better mobile connection for the next location so we can finally test SMLY in a very low-income area. We'll see how that goes. Of course we think the basic idea of providing some minimal income to students in low-income regions is a really, really cool concept, but there are a few things to solve.

Finally, I've been meaning for a while to talk about the premine: To date the premine has been used (a) for rewarding students and (b) for a handful of development projects where we actually needed to provide payments (and couldn't do it as a part of other projects) -- as permitted in the statement of purpose at tutor-web.info. To properly show the allocation of the premine we need to link together a couple of disparate sources of information (data from cold storage, the tutor-web wallet, the tutor-web reward system) and we're almost there -- we're going to try to have this in place by next week (on an open website). So we'll finally have the transparency that this coin needs.

operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:15:41 PM

Suggestions?

No suggestion, maybe the team should be aware of this and can make a trade in order to get into a new exchange.
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 07:13:29 PM

Finally, I've been meaning for a while to talk about the premine: To date the premine has been used (a) for rewarding students and (b) for a handful of development projects where we actually needed to provide payments (and couldn't do it as a part of other projects) -- as permitted in the statement of purpose at tutor-web.info. To properly show the allocation of the premine we need to link together a couple of disparate sources of information (data from cold storage, the tutor-web wallet, the tutor-web reward system) and we're almost there -- we're going to try to have this in place by next week (on an open website). So we'll finally have the transparency that this coin needs.

As promised: https://twitter.com/SmileycoinNews/status/991757282127024130
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: