Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Zerovert - First Truly & Only Anonymous Coin with Zerocoin | Mandatory Upgrade !  (Read 50926 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 09:01:44 AM

I'm personally not calling this a scam coin 'yet'.  I'm just warning people to think very carefully before installing any closed source software released by an anonymous BTT account.  The cryptocurrency scene was built up on opensource principles and foundations.  The sooner you release a road map for it to become 100% opensource the better.  I've been following Zerocoin development for quite some time now so am genuinely interested in this coin.  Has Poramin officially confirmed that this is his project?  If so do you have a link to the statement?

There's no reason for any crypto project to be closed source for even one minute. The money follows the original implementations here. You only need to beat the guy who clones your coin by one minute.

Just release the source and be done with it.

And install the stealth delete bot.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:13:59 AM

I agree, without official confirmation from the Vertcoin dev team members mentioned in the OP.  Then I would be very careful before installing any closed source software released from a newbie account.

You can see our team members in the website ( zerovert.org ). We don't care if you want to call us as scam coin because we don't, and we are looking ahead to improve current Zerovert in term of performance, and security. But good luck, you only live once.

I'm personally not calling this a scam coin 'yet'.  I'm just warning people to think very carefully before installing any closed source software released by an anonymous BTT account.  The cryptocurrency scene was built up on opensource principles and foundations.  The sooner you release a road map for it to become 100% opensource the better.  I've been following Zerocoin development for quite some time now so am genuinely interested in this coin.  Has Poramin officially confirmed that this is his project?  If so do you have a link to the statement?

Be careful some of these mindless trolls will follow you back to your project's thread and attack you for using reason and logic.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
CaptainCrapper

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:44:10 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 10:56:39 AM by CaptainCrapper

Shadowcash people hate this coin & it's still minable... I'm in!  Grin
I haven't mined in a while... but I'm setting up to mine me some ZeroVert!
YEAH BUDDY!!!
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:14:19 AM

interesting is that the difficulty of the Vert was not increased, apparently the idea of merged mining: Vertcoin + ZeroVert don't work

Yes, it is increased a bit, difficulty was ~60 before, after is ~65.
CaptainCrapper

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:17:14 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 11:44:25 AM by CaptainCrapper

I agree, without official confirmation from the Vertcoin dev team members mentioned in the OP.  Then I would be very careful before installing any closed source software released from a newbie account.

You can see our team members in the website ( zerovert.org ). We don't care if you want to call us as scam coin because we don't, and we are looking ahead to improve current Zerovert in term of performance, and security. But good luck, you only live once.

I'm personally not calling this a scam coin 'yet'.  I'm just warning people to think very carefully before installing any closed source software released by an anonymous BTT account.  The cryptocurrency scene was built up on opensource principles and foundations.  The sooner you release a road map for it to become 100% opensource the better.  I've been following Zerocoin development for quite some time now so am genuinely interested in this coin.  Has Poramin officially confirmed that this is his project?  If so do you have a link to the statement?

Be careful some of these mindless trolls will follow you back to your project's thread and attack you for using reason and logic.

No, I only do that to Shadowcash. Remember RiseFromTheAshes74? Thanks for the ban. I see you guys are at it again... attacking the competition as usual.
These guys can dish it out, but they can't take it.
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:07:43 PM

qt binary throws a segfault when ~/.zerovert folder exists. Linux Mint 17 64bit.
CaptainCrapper

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:31:28 PM

Ok, I began having this problem when I gave up mining some months back & couldn't figure out the answer to. When I would open any CGMiner bat files, the dos prompt would immediately close upon opening. This just started happening out of the blue, as I had never had this problem before. After pulling my hair out for weeks, I threw in the towel. I was hoping this wouldn't happen using the Vertminer. Anyone know what could be causing this? I really want to start mining some of these.
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:33:18 PM

Ok, I began having this problem when I gave up mining some months back & couldn't figure out the answer to. When I would open any CGMiner bat files, the dos prompt would immediately close upon opening. I was hoping this wouldn't happen using the Vertminer. Anyone know what could be causing this? I really want to start mining some of these.

Invalid option somewhere. Wrong kernel or extra parameters.
CaptainCrapper

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:38:48 PM

Ok, I began having this problem when I gave up mining some months back & couldn't figure out the answer to. When I would open any CGMiner bat files, the dos prompt would immediately close upon opening. I was hoping this wouldn't happen using the Vertminer. Anyone know what could be causing this? I really want to start mining some of these.

I've tried messing with all of that... I'm probably missing something.

I'm using this bat file:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://hashmonster.net:1334 -u xxx.xxx -p xxx --thread-concurrency 16000 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256 -I 18 --temp-target 85 --no-submit-stale -g 1

Could it be a driver issue?

EDIT: If I try to use the bat file in CGMiner, I get... Rejected (share is above target)
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:52:41 PM

I'm using this bat file:

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://hashmonster.net:1334 -u xxx.xxx -p xxx --thread-concurrency 16000 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256 -I 18 --temp-target 85 --no-submit-stale -g 1

EDIT: If I try to use the bat file in CGMiner, I get... Rejected (share is above target)

Prolly the fact that vert is scrypt-n not scrypt. So trying to use a scrypt kernel wont work. Btw you shouldn't really be mining this coin straight. It is aux-pow which means work is being submitted to it via the people mining on the vertcoin network. That makes it difficult to mine by itself. In short, you should be mining vertcoin on a pool that is also giving you zerovert.

Have you guys/gals seen the op's trust score -6 thats a bit drastic isn't it? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=391031
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:08:03 PM

I'm using this bat file:

Yep as mentioned above you are using the scrypt kernel and this is a scrypt-n coin. I don't mine much anymore but you could try Vertminer.
CaptainCrapper

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:11:06 PM

I'm using this bat file:

Prolly the fact that vert is scrypt-n not scrypt. So trying to use a scrypt kernel wont work. Btw you shouldn't really be mining this coin straight. It is aux-pow which means work is being submitted to it via the people mining on the vertcoin network. That makes it difficult to mine by itself. In short, you should be mining vertcoin on a pool that is also giving you zerovert.

Have you guys/gals seen the op's trust score -6 thats a bit drastic isn't it? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=391031

Hmm... I'll give it a shot. Hell, if he had something to hide, wouldn't he just use a different account?
Thanks, I will try it... even though you were a pain in my behind during the xst/sdc war.  Tongue
CaptainCrapper

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:12:34 PM

I'm using this bat file:

Yep as mentioned above you are using the scrypt kernel and this is a scrypt-n coin. I don't mine much anymore but you could try Vertminer.

I started with Vert miner. I'll adjust the settings & see how it goes, thanks!
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:46:51 PM

I'm using this bat file:

Hmm... I'll give it a shot. Hell, if he had something to hide, wouldn't he just use a different account?
Thanks, I will try it... even though you were a pain in my behind during the xst/sdc war.  Tongue

It's so much better when we get along.
CaptainCrapper

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:00:20 PM

I'm using this bat file:

It's so much better when we get along.

True... since I fly off the handle easily LOL!
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:01:59 PM

QUESTIONS

1. Who is Vod? And why has he slammed this coin?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=30747

2. Is there any confirms about this REALLY being Bushido. Who is Bushido?

3 Are people sending eachother anon tx's NOW? More info here pls

00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:08:05 PM

QUESTIONS

1. Who is Vod? And why has he slammed this coin?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=30747

2. Is there any confirms about this REALLY being Bushido. Who is Bushido?

3 Are people sending eachother anon tx's NOW? More info here pls

3.) look earlier in the thread, there are some details of anon tx's its very complicated and all manual.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:40:22 PM

and approx how many coins are u getting each day per R9 290 GPU?

Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:41:37 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 04:51:53 PM by Cornett

LOL  Cheesy  Be careful

another one :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=852050.0&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:42:45 PM

I'm not going to knock Zerovert's tech, I'm a layman and not qualified to comment. But I still have yet to have seen proof this coin is from Poramin, I messaged him on Facebook to see if it was true but no answer and the Vertcoin account is still silent for months yet it shows it logged on in October so he clearly hasn't forgotten his password. Couple with the fact the whois for zerovert is anonymous while Vertcoin's website is open registrar, I think we just need more answers and transparency, especially in an era where it looks like people's privacy is being eroded every day and giving people false hope of anonymity is dangerous.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: