Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Zerovert - First Truly & Only Anonymous Coin with Zerocoin | Mandatory Upgrade !  (Read 50926 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fonyo

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:04:37 PM

put this in your conf not -rescan
Code:
rescan=1

Nope, it doesn't work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:16:32 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 06:29:11 PM by LongAndShort

put this in your conf not -rescan
Code:
rescan=1

Nope, it doesn't work.

Sorry you need to be a lil more specific, what is it thats not working..actually nvm, the devs said something about working soemthing. They're really a bit vague but i'm guessing they might have a solution one day fk knows what the problem even is, hense teh vaugeness.

We are fixing the issue that "fonyo" has been facing, It will release another command and new GUI in next wallet version.

If not then this system does not really work, you cant just randomly lose funds and still expect it to be used right?

And to carry on our last conversation:

Most of this is open source and papers on the tech are written the same as any other tech in the world. Mainstream understand these things and trust both of them because they work.
I believe every "CC" as you say, has its own target audience. ShadowCash, ZeroVert DarkCoin will no doubt appeal to the "unsavory" markets initially. Personally i don't take drugs, i don't buy guns and illegal things online but i am a full supporter of anonymous tech because it is so much more then what most of the trash you see on this forum section spew daily. This is a tech forum primarily it is not a traders chat. That is called a trollbox! But you can bet your ass that one day the tech, because its not just for hiding money, its applied to communication and interacting on and off the net. It will appeal (and already is) to the majority who are "awakened" or just over the boundary pushing that governments do when they create a media storm about a security issue and then hold their hands out with the solution. This inevitably requires us to give up more of our liberties. They make the problem or extort it then hold out a safety blanket. People become dependent on them and that is an extremely bad cocktail and is why we are where we are.

I believe it is about looking to the future and not just about solving or reacting to an issue or a nich that seems fitting now. I believe its also about nipping in the bud the issues that you know full well are coming in the future! If there was not a problem; this forum would not be here and it would not be hard to tell your friends about. (to much of an absolute, i know, but i'm sure you get my point)

Zero Knowledge is not about hiding money. Its about being able to agree to something and deal with someone without full knowledge and without big brother always storing your data. For them to one day used against you. You can bet your ass if it needs to be used against you it will. The thing that most people don't forward think over is that topic. Most just think "hmm i have nothing to hide" Thing is though you never know what law will come and you never know what you might be doing in 30 years time.

Personally i don't want to or let my kids and their kids ect ect. Live a life where i/they know people have something over me/them and  having to tread on eggshells because we're so scared.
Another example and a major reason why i endorse anonymous development is because this data storage and evidence to use against people happens at the highest levels of our society. It is, and you can bet your ass, will be used to extort people in power to manipulate decisions that benefit even darker causes then the stigma that dark markets have.. Another extremely dangerous cocktail and another reason why the world is already so corrupt. I don't want it getting worse if i can help i will!
People that are "awake" to the overreach in our lives and, trust me on this, even heavy mainstreamers are aware of the "nothing is sacred anymore" feeling even just by installing windows. They don't see much wrong with Shadow Zero and Dark type projects. There is a media stigma, the same you seem to carry with you about it. But most people don't care much, they put their credit card details on the net each day they hold their money in banks that rob them. They pay taxes for things they don't need or want and they vote people in power from just a few choices that never make them happy. Besides anonymous tech is not for everyone but should and may be. just depends on how much we let the world get ruled by goverments that don't work for us anymore. But that wont stop me from supporting anony tech be it a CRYPTO one (which we are trying now) or outside of it, i'm an avid supporter of it and you should be too. Everybody helps.

I guess the picture i'm trying to draw here is that if people say that it works and its verified then people will use it just like they use everything else in the world..its just established.. And this is especially going to be more relevant as time goes on because we lose so much of our liberties daily.

This tech isn't bandaiding something for a few years. This is our future, its happening and its not ever going to stop being used as long as people buy and support it, like they are right now. Then its relevant.
DragonSlayer

Activity: 181

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:35:14 AM

Is there a newer version of wallet for windows?  I am using v0.8.7.1 right now.  I was reading that there was a folk on the 18th.

Thanks

fonyo

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:08:48 PM

So no give away coins from twitter at all? Has anyone ever got one? I tweeted a lot for those and now get nothing? BS.

Does the latest wallet work?

Didn't get coins. Can't believe how greedy they are. There've been probably 10 tweets max and they have huge premine and still can't give away few coins.

They probably want to sort out the network and the wallet issues first. You wouldn't be happy if you lost your received coins, huh? Because I did.

Wait..what? Can you please elaborate on that, did you mint zerovert and now its gone because of a bug? Lost forever? Was it user fault (you) or the chain messed up and now you can never retrieve them?

Page 21.

mhm i was aware of that before i asked you to elaborate. Can you please elaborate further. Right now you are saying your coins have gone missing. That, in case you are not aware is an extremely alarming claim. Can you elaborate please!
You minted coins and now they are gone isn't really enough for me sorry.

Geeze, everything about this project just gets my hairs standing on end its so strange. I cant put my finger on any of it but i know something doesn't sit right with me. Its so rushed, so reckless. Its everything opposed to a precise financial instrument. Its so left field with a stinking premine.

To me your problem seems to be that your wallet.dat file (acts as a mini database for transactions) has had the tx written in it but the tx hasn't been accepted by the chain. Meaning your coins are most prolly on the chain of course, it jsut wasnt verified because the accumulator algo failed. But because your wallet.dat is thinking you have sent them its telling the client not to allow it. The wallet.dat is your keys to the blockchain primarily, but it also acts as a mini block database, holding your transactions. They don't have to correlate with the blockchain of course, its just for convenience and saves checking the entire chain each time you turn your client on, am i making sense?

Unfortunately for you, right now there is no such thing as a "clearwallettransactions" (clears the transactions from the wallet.dat) so you can then build a fresh, more accurate and updated set using something like a "scanalltxn" Which would scan your blockchain and add all the tx you have. It would show a correct balance according to the blockchain, due to the keys you hold.

I would forget this weird project if i was you and come test ShadowCash. Its anon transactions are in public testing right now on a TESTNET unlike this reckless attempt at anon transactions on a mainet. I would cut this project a wide berth until it has proven itself and ironed out the issues it seems to have overlooked, of course. Hell, personally i'm not touching it with any kind of money and i'm certainly not going to spend any effort on supporting it with a crazy premine like they have.

Your best bet might be to try dumping your private keys, i really cant see many other options form the client options right now. That and trying to talk to the dev more. Let me know how you go please.

We are fixing the issue that "fonyo" has been facing, It will release another command and new GUI in next wallet version.

When is the new version of the wallet coming out? Will I be able to use the -rescan command? It works with the Vertcoin wallet but not with ZeroVert.
What other fixes are you going to implement?
Cheers
silvapaso85

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:28:09 PM

Is there a newer version of wallet for windows?  I am using v0.8.7.1 right now.  I was reading that there was a folk on the 18th.

Thanks

I guess you have newest version.
On official site from 1st post there is version 0.8.7.1 -> https://github.com/Zerovert/Zerovert/releases/latest
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:51:00 PM

why the low volume?

Small interest at this moment. This coin need more time to see its potential Wink

Personally I don't think anyone would be wise to put up any significant buy orders when > 50% of the current coin supply is controlled by the dev premine, and this will be the case for six months or longer, with the very slow emission of this coin. Maybe it's a good thing, it will give devs time to work out the bugs, and then they can go open source in a six months or a year, when they only control 30-50% of the current coin supply, but still, I'd have some reservations buying in even in one year's time when dev controls "only" > 25% of current coin supply, and there's no way I'm adding any buy support when the devs control like 80 or 90+% of the current coin supply, which is the case at the moment.

It's a fair point mathematically but its relevance is arguable. Either you trust the devs for their reputation, the quality of their coin (without looking at the code), their lasting work on its future development AND their smart use of the premined funds. Or you don't...

The 1st coin to have Zero-proof technology is something big enough for the devs to behave well - if not for money for glory.
And both is totally fine.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
fonyo

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:50:38 PM

why the low volume?

Small interest at this moment. This coin need more time to see its potential Wink

Personally I don't think anyone would be wise to put up any significant buy orders when > 50% of the current coin supply is controlled by the dev premine, and this will be the case for six months or longer, with the very slow emission of this coin. Maybe it's a good thing, it will give devs time to work out the bugs, and then they can go open source in a six months or a year, when they only control 30-50% of the current coin supply, but still, I'd have some reservations buying in even in one year's time when dev controls "only" > 25% of current coin supply, and there's no way I'm adding any buy support when the devs control like 80 or 90+% of the current coin supply, which is the case at the moment.

It's a fair point mathematically but its relevance is arguable. Either you trust the devs for their reputation, the quality of their coin (without looking at the code), their lasting work on its future development AND their smart use of the premined funds. Or you don't...

The 1st coin to have Zero-proof technology is something big enough for the devs to behave well - if not for money for glory.

+1
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:27:08 PM

why the low volume?

I haven't personally downloaded the wallet, but there seems to be some serious issues with the quality of the coin based on the reports of some issues in this thread. Also, the only block explorer (afaik) is now dead, so you really have to trust the devs at this point. I don't necessarily distrust the devs, I like vertcoin, and in my conversations with Poramin he always seemed like a smart, honorable person, but I guess I'm just a follower of the "trust but verify" philosophical school, which in this case is essentially impossible.
shmegal325i

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:12:35 AM

WHY ARE YOU NOT GIVING PEOPLE THEIR COINS?!

Why are you complaining so much about not receiving free coins?!

trust? dedication?

Would you do business with someone who lied to you right from the start?

I think he's busy fixing the bugs with the wallet. What would you prefer, free coins immediately or waiting a while so you can have a bug free wallet?

If he is trying to fix bugs that is fine, I understand. But why instead of telling us it will be sent "later tonight" or "soon" everytime, tell us that he is trying to fix something so we can give him some time. And why now is he ignoring anyone who asks about it?
nonny12

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:00:33 PM

No problems using the wallet here. Everyone take a deep breath and be patient - this is a long term effort by Zerovert.

There's no 'pump and dump' here as one user suggests with the negative trust rating given to the Zerovert account. Past the original post by Zerovert there have not been exaggerated claims of anything, only responses to inflammatory questions raised by proponents of other coins.
GenX

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:35:10 AM

It's been a few weeks and still no coins for my twitter efforts. I am probably one of the biggest backer of this coin but that will change soon enough. I showed my support and spread the word at launch on the promise of coins. Nothing not a single one. My wallet syncs but hard to know if anything else with no coins in it. When dev do you plan to distribute these coins?
Run Away Train

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:52:30 AM

Does this coin really have a working zerocoin implementation?  Huh
zerovert (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:52:21 AM

UPDATE: Please update wallet to newest version from https://github.com/Zerovert/Zerovert/releases/tag/0.8.7.2

**** Warning : You need to export old private keys before upgrade to this version, otherwise the wallet software won't be able to start.

Instruction :

dumpprivkey a4KXUxyQeTA9tW5EK5GUYENLz8Ssqi7DSR

YD3DW56yb9YBytbxP4Rne9bmp5RYh4aN9CaaEN1JW1TFHGFaYF1i

importprivkey YD3DW56yb9YBytbxP4Rne9bmp5RYh4aN9CaaEN1JW1TFHGFaYF1i

Another issue : IF you have MINT and SPEND Zerocoin, then your SPEND transactions are missing, please contact us via https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=846471.0 with MINT Tx ids and your ZER address, We will send 5x time ZER to your address to compensate for your loss.
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 09:32:24 AM

Y

UPDATE: Please update wallet to newest version from https://github.com/Zerovert/Zerovert/releases/tag/0.8.7.2

**** Warning : You need to export old private keys before upgrade to this version, otherwise the wallet software won't be able to start.

Instruction :

Another issue : IF you have MINT and SPEND Zerocoin, then your SPEND transactions are missing, please contact us via https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=846471.0 with MINT Tx ids and your ZER address, We will send 5x time ZER to your address to compensate for your loss.

You do realise that for pools that have constantly maturing coins (and in the case of merged mined coins, each new coin goes to a new address) - thats virtually impossible, right?

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 10:04:53 AM

It seems to be working now, p2pool is a bit stressed but it hasn't crashed... yet. we'll see in the morning.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:20:56 PM

Instruction :

When I do importprivkey xxx, I get this error: vector::_M_range_check (code -1)
zerovert (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:44:53 PM

Instruction :

Do you import successfully after the error ? or It shows error, and doesn't let you import ?
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:56:19 PM

OK, the coin is causing p2pool to continuously send re-start requests to the miners resulting in a 25% drop in hash rate. This is unacceptable.
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:10:32 PM

FYI Zerocoin is using totally unvetted cryptography and is being funded (in part) by the US Government( "Acknowledgements ... The research in this paper was supported in part by the Office of Naval Research under contract N00014-11-1-0470, and DARPA and the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) under contract FA8750-11-2-0211. http://spar.isi.jhu.edu/~mgree..." ).
Also, if their cryptography is ever broken, the entire blockchain history is made visible (not that the government would bother to tell anyone that they've broken it).
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:15:41 PM

Do you import successfully after the error ? or It shows error, and doesn't let you import ?

When I do importprivkey xxx again, the error is now: Error adding key to wallet (code -4)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: