Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:59:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Bus - We will print it on a real bus!  (Read 13870 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 11:19:00 PM

From what I can read, and the people I talked to, I think we can manage to get a great deal for 4 weeks, IF we get all the pixels filled up. But right now, One week maybe 2-3 days is the goal, depending on how things develop.

Damn! For some odd reason I was under the impression that the ad would stay up much longer than that. Not a deal breaker for me, and will continue to support you, but damn!

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kris (OP)
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 11:22:04 PM

From what I can read, and the people I talked to, I think we can manage to get a great deal for 4 weeks, IF we get all the pixels filled up. But right now, One week maybe 2-3 days is the goal, depending on how things develop.

Damn! For some odd reason I was under the impression that the ad would stay up much longer than that. Not a deal breaker for me, and will continue to support you, but damn!

~Bruno~

Yes it is hard to imagine how some cheap plastics slapped on a bus would cost that much. But they probably know it is an great advertising method and therefore the price.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 12:01:32 AM

Seems like a good opportunity to do some bitcoin advertising.

Just seems like a good idea to make a lot of money with yet another of these "1,000,000 pixels" sites.    The finished bus will be an absolute mess, with random text strewn all over it and almost impossible to read.

If you wanted to do some good, raise some money and print ONE big sign on the bus just advertising Bitcoin in general. 

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 12:06:06 AM

Just seems like a good idea to make a lot of money with yet another of these "1,000,000 pixels" sites.    The finished bus will be an absolute mess, with random text strewn all over it and almost impossible to read.

If you wanted to do some good, raise some money and print ONE big sign on the bus just advertising Bitcoin in general. 

I'm sure that upon further discussion, this issue could be resolved to most everyone's satisfaction.

On a not-so-off-side note, did we miss the bus on the following or can a new adventure be started from scratch? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEfDF4_JfdQ

~Bruno~
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 01:04:08 AM

I took both of your suggestions, and made one big bitcoin ad.

฿0 out of ฿691.20 for one big bitcoin ad on the back right side of the bus -> 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:04:20 AM

on the back right side of the bus

Not exactly what I meant Smiley

DublinBrian

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 10:19:01 AM

And on that remark, here is another example.

This example has just one big advertisement, not hundreds of small ones. There is no comparison between your project and the above bus.

Maybe you should consider just making  one large advertisement, on one side of the bus only?
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:18:22 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2012, 04:35:23 PM by Kris

Well it is just an example, just to show people what it might look like.
DublinBrian

Activity: 197

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:31:48 PM

I hope Im not being argumentative here, but I would propose only advertising on the right hand side of the bus. That will enable you to advertise on two buses for the same cost.

The right hand side of the bus, has more visibility to people standing at a bus stop. Many people play with their phones while waiting at bus stops. The bus arrives at the stop and takes on passengers. All the other people standing at the bus stop will have the advertisement right in their faces. They can see the ad, scan the QR code and browse directly to the advertised site.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:36:53 PM

Indeed the right hand side of the bus is probably the best place, that's why I placed the "pitch in" ad there.
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 06:05:18 PM

฿0 out of ฿691.20 for one big bitcoin ad on the back right side of the bus -> 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G

I've just transferred 3.456 BTC (0.5%) of the required amount. Now we just need 199 more donators  Roll Eyes

In the event that not enough people chip in, feel free to transfer the money back to the sending address (1Fv6HW...) :-)

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 06:26:14 PM

I've just transferred 3.456 BTC (0.5%) of the required amount. Now we just need 199 more donators  Roll Eyes

In the event that not enough people chip in, feel free to transfer the money back to the sending address (1Fv6HW...) :-)

Will do, thank you!
FlashFire

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:21:51 AM

These buses look really cool. I might consider buying some pixels.  Grin
punningclan

Activity: 283

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:57:46 AM

Excellent idea! it's a bit like the 1 million pixel page someone did a while back.

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 10:42:55 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2012, 11:08:33 AM by Kris

I am in awe of the great response this idea gave.

FYI I added PayPal and Laybit as possible donation methods for the Big Bitcoin Ad.

We still need your help to make this happen.

Regards
Kris
check_status

Activity: 196

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:45:11 PM

Kris, you _could_ have edited those terms that you copied from other site. I guess no paint in a bus can be animated Grin

I think it would be better to gather bitcoins to buy several bigger btc-related ads/images to be printed on a bus rather than 1000s of small ads that nobody can read. A big "BITCOIN"-text on a side of a bus for example. And everyone pays a little bit of the ad and you could see progress somewhere etc.

Anduck

I edited this
Images must NOT be animated (imagine how messy the homepage would look)

To this
Images cannot be animated (it is just not possible yet on a bus)

Grin

No animated advertising for buses you say?

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2008/05/animation-adver/
http://buzzer.translink.ca/index.php/2009/09/digital-screens-show-animated-ads-on-the-side-of-your-bus/
http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/lenticular-billboard-mcdonalds-yawning-ad
http://gothamist.com/2011/03/07/mta_considering_animated_tunnel_ads.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aItU9P6fHc

http://www.technoframe.co.uk/led-bus-screens.html

Roll Eyes

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:30:34 PM

I hope anyone uploading graphics is uploading properly formated CMYK, fully vector images (.eps or .ai). Anyone uploading raster jpegs and tiffs and gifs will be sorely disappointed in the result!  And if you don't know what vector means, you shouldn't be uploading artwork for publishing Smiley
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:36:10 PM

Kris, you _could_ have edited those terms that you copied from other site. I guess no paint in a bus can be animated Grin

I think it would be better to gather bitcoins to buy several bigger btc-related ads/images to be printed on a bus rather than 1000s of small ads that nobody can read. A big "BITCOIN"-text on a side of a bus for example. And everyone pays a little bit of the ad and you could see progress somewhere etc.

Anduck

I edited this
Images must NOT be animated (imagine how messy the homepage would look)

To this
Images cannot be animated (it is just not possible yet on a bus)

Grin

No animated advertising for buses you say?

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2008/05/animation-adver/
http://buzzer.translink.ca/index.php/2009/09/digital-screens-show-animated-ads-on-the-side-of-your-bus/
http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/lenticular-billboard-mcdonalds-yawning-ad
http://gothamist.com/2011/03/07/mta_considering_animated_tunnel_ads.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aItU9P6fHc

http://www.technoframe.co.uk/led-bus-screens.html

Roll Eyes

How awesome is that?  Shocked  Let me raise the price on the pixels...  Undecided
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:37:09 PM

I hope anyone uploading graphics is uploading properly formated CMYK, fully vector images (.eps or .ai). Anyone uploading raster jpegs and tiffs and gifs will be sorely disappointed in the result!  And if you don't know what vector means, you shouldn't be uploading artwork for publishing Smiley

Remember to upload your images in high resolution, while keeping the aspect ratio. Will look so much better once I purchase the wrap.

You just said it better.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:41:44 PM

I hope anyone uploading graphics is uploading properly formated CMYK, fully vector images (.eps or .ai). Anyone uploading raster jpegs and tiffs and gifs will be sorely disappointed in the result!  And if you don't know what vector means, you shouldn't be uploading artwork for publishing Smiley

Remember to upload your images in high resolution, while keeping the aspect ratio. Will look so much better once I purchase the wrap.

You just said it better.

The images should NOT be "high resolution"... they shouldn't have a resolution, because that means they're rasterized Smiley Vector images do not have a resolution or pixel count.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: