Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:46:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Support OpenBazaar!!!  (Read 10016 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:22:54 AM

I was waiting for the drug threads to open
Since for some reason or other no one put any press articles on it on the forums (did just now) then checked my wired feed and was like oh this is Bitcoin news.

As I do not know much about Open Bazzar I read some wired comment guess and I'll go with this opinion

Flipp http://www.wired.com/2014/11/dark-web-seizures/

While OpenBazaar project indeed seems to be something great, and it really is.. the problem is that it can easily be destroyed by a single individual who with some hidden motive decides to screw it up.

Imagine if I for some reason don't like the OB project and I wish to open something similar and proft from it.

Let's say I have 10000 $ at disposal. I can simply make hundreds of accounts and "fuck" people over with Nash equilibrium. How? Well since both parties are forced to put some amount of money in a special account and in case something goes wrong both lose the money, I can simply "invest" my $10k and screw hundred of individuals over by screwing the deal on purpose. Since hundreds of individuals will lose both their products and safety money, they will be pissed off and sooner or later people won't trust this kind of sites.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:27:18 AM

I was waiting for the drug threads to open
Since for some reason or other no one cough decided to post any press articles on it till I checked my wired feed and was like Oh decent Press news.

Don't know much about Open Bazzar but read some wired comment guess I'll go with this opinion

Flipp http://www.wired.com/2014/11/dark-web-seizures/

While OpenBazaar project indeed seems to be something great, and it really is.. the problem is that it can easily be destroyed by a single individual who with some hidden motive decides to screw it up.

Imagine if I for some reason don't like the OB project and I wish to open something similar and proft from it.

Let's say I have 10000 $ at disposal. I can simply make hundreds of accounts and "fuck" people over with Nash equilibrium. How? Well since both parties are forced to put some amount of money in a special account and in case something goes wrong both lose the money, I can simply "invest" my $10k and screw hundred of individuals over by screwing the deal on purpose. Since hundreds of individuals will lose both their products and safety money, they will be pissed off and sooner or later people won't trust this kind of sites.

That's not how it's going to work. There will be a reputation system combined with an optional decentralized escrow system using multi-sig.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:29:02 AM

That's not how it's going to work. There will be a reputation system combined with an optional decentralized escrow system using multi-sig.

Thanks was wondering about it
So its possible to have a lot of 0 rep accounts but they will just get scam ratings more less like the forum
After a while there will be trusted users, which will be used for transactions and dealings.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:35:20 AM

They should have kept the original name Dark Market. Changing the name to appease oppressive governments is weak.. Undecided

I dont agree with the name change as well, but I have to say that it would really make the entire development process only the more controversial than it has to be, which would impede development, and therefore, be less beneficial for the rest of us. Sad

DarkMarket sounded so cool.....

So if you don't agree, can't you just take the code and create a new implementation of it and call it whatever you want? My understanding was that is open source. That's one of the most exciting things imo. I'm imagining hundreds of these decentralized markets with some selling strictly legal goods and others selling anything. They'll also be adapted to accept many different alt-coins and each will evolve in it's own way. I'm also thinking when we get some real, proven anonymous coins we're going to see some 100x gains for early adopters of them!
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:20:17 AM

OpenBazaar is cool but is not good enough.

Why? Do you mind giving any reasons for this statement?

(Just heard of OpenBazaar - I am curious, even if only from a technical standpoint)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 10:22:56 AM

I am waiting to the windows release
I have been watching the project and I am looking forward to testing it!

windows in a day or so.
This release is way more stable than last month's release too Smiley

! Really?! I'll put my Jewellery up on Open Bazaar if that's the case! Been waiting for the windows release for awhile now!
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 10:26:12 AM

(Just heard of OpenBazaar - I am curious, even if only from a technical standpoint)

The concept is amazing.  The exact implementation right now is lacking a lot. 

That is just a matter of code though, so in the future it might be as clean as Ebay or Amazon (in appearance but not merchandise)

How long that takes is the difficult thing to know. I think it is a good year or two away from being a serious player.

arnuschky

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:27:57 AM

That is just a matter of code though, so in the future it might be as clean as Ebay or Amazon (in appearance but not merchandise)

How long that takes is the difficult thing to know. I think it is a good year or two away from being a serious player.

Is it tied to bitcoin or does it use another currency? Or even one of the many crypto 2.0 platforms?

Sorry for being so clueless, just discovered it - is there a comprehensive technical explanation somewhere, or a whitepaper?
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:31:48 AM

Is it tied to bitcoin or does it use another currency? Or even one of the many crypto 2.0 platforms?

Sorry for being so clueless, just discovered it - is there a comprehensive technical explanation somewhere, or a whitepaper?
https://blog.openbazaar.org/what-is-openbazaar/

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
arnuschky

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:39:18 AM

Thanks. Yay lazyness. Wink
Dawson

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:54:49 AM

Curius Grin
theblacksquid (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:37:36 PM

We got featured in Business Insider:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-next-major-dark-net-market--openbazaar--is-supposedly-untouchable-by-police-2014-11

Sam Patterson and Brian Hoffman explain that OpenBazaar is not SilkRoad 3.0 on steroids, not just so, but is much, much more as eCommerce decentralized.

Support Decentralized Commerce - OpenBazaar.org
Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:40:28 PM

OpenBazaar is one of the most exciting project around. Can't wait to use it big time.

yep im hoping to sell tons of stuff but im slightly concerned on # of buyers, i guess we will work that part out later on, too early.
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:52:00 PM

Thanks was wondering about it
So its possible to have a lot of 0 rep accounts but they will just get scam ratings more less like the forum
After a while there will be trusted users, which will be used for transactions and dealings.

There will also be a proof-of-burn system for people who want to build reputation faster by burning money tied to their reputation.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:19:13 PM

This is a really interesting program. I have sold on eBay and Amazon, had issues with both. Amazon was much better than eBay in terms of selling, but they had their issues. I've always hoped for something to come along that would be as easy for buyers to use as Amazon is, but that would also work out the problems I had with Amazon.

The idea of this is great, but I think it will have to be very easy for buyers to use, for it to be successful. I hope someone is going to be doing some usability testing [User Experience Design (UX) / Human Computer Interactions (HCI)] on it. Because if it can be easily usable for buyers and sellers (like an ability to link to images for products that would just show up for the buyers when searching), it could work out really well.

Another thing that would have to be worked out, would be trusting the 3rd parties with the money in between the buyer and seller. All it takes is one 3rd party to be in cahoots with a scammer, or for them to just break bad after getting a lot of positive feedback. The thing eBay and Amazon have is that they protect the buyers (to an extreme they shouldn't sometimes, but I digress), but it helps to make buyers feel safe and bring them into the marketplace.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:39:44 PM

I guess 3rd parties will be in competition to provide the very best services and cover to the buyers, who knows what that could mean....
FinancialWisdom

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:32:59 PM

go openbazaar go Smiley
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

Open bazaar is the future. I dont support illegal activity, but with open bazaar  it will decentralize shopping. which is both bad and good. It will have bad actors  but the majority will be good, no one person will be in charge, so bad governments will have to go after each individual actor and  not just one person.

So, watch out for this place as It is absolutely the future in e-commerce. great competition for Ebay and amazon, thats for sure..
theblacksquid (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:39:14 PM

Open bazaar is the future. I dont support illegal activity, but with open bazaar  it will decentralize shopping. which is both bad and good. It will have bad actors  but the majority will be good, no one person will be in charge, so bad governments will have to go after each individual actor and  not just one person.

So, watch out for this place as It is absolutely the future in e-commerce. great competition for Ebay and amazon, thats for sure..

What makes this even better is the fact that OpenBazaar is not merely a platform for eCommerce, but an entire protocol on which other platforms could build upon!

Support Decentralized Commerce - OpenBazaar.org
Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:38:18 PM

What makes this even better is the fact that OpenBazaar is not merely a platform for eCommerce, but an entire protocol on which other platforms could build upon!

What kind of platforms?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: