Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
FACTOM (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 10:56:41 AM

Hello, what will the total coin/fuel amount be in the end? Without knowing this, there is just no point in investing any money at this stage.

I need an idea of how much will be raised and what the total fuel cap will be (and inflation rate/distribution rate for the release of the subsequent fuel/coin). I've read a bunch of responses here and don't see this answered - a little worried about how difficult it seems to be to get this info.

The Software sale doesn't have a cap. So until it's over we won't know how many Factoids have been sold.
Also once the network goes live there will be a percentage of Factoids each year to be distributed as rewards to Factom Servers and nodes who help sustain the network with resources.

After May 15th (sale end) we should know the total amount of Factoids sold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 11:00:30 AM

Doesn't this belong in the scamcoin altcoin section?

That is a nice question did you come up with it all by yourself? And why would you even say that?
If you don't mind digressing we'd like to understand your point of view if you have one, that is.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:32:39 PM

Hello, what will the total coin/fuel amount be in the end? Without knowing this, there is just no point in investing any money at this stage.

I need an idea of how much will be raised and what the total fuel cap will be (and inflation rate/distribution rate for the release of the subsequent fuel/coin). I've read a bunch of responses here and don't see this answered - a little worried about how difficult it seems to be to get this info.

The Software sale doesn't have a cap. So until it's over we won't know how many Factoids have been sold.
Also once the network goes live there will be a percentage of Factoids each year to be distributed as rewards to Factom Servers and nodes who help sustain the network with resources.

After May 15th (sale end) we should know the total amount of Factoids sold.

However many tokens you manage to sell, you double at the end for early investors and contributors right?
jaft16

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:38:21 PM

However many tokens you manage to sell, you double at the end for early investors and contributors right?

Good question

FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 06:03:13 PM

Good question

Yes let's say 5 million in Factoids are sold a total of 10 million will be in the Factom genesis block.

Below is a screenshot of the info on the Koinify page for the sale:

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:10:46 PM

We are pleased to announce a collaboration between Infinity Algorithms + Factom.

Read the details on our blog.

Great!

Mind sharing what's so great about a collaboration with a company that has on its webpage "Coming soon: Another fine website hosted by WebFaction." ?

I think it's a problem with https:

http://infinityalgorithms.com works Smiley
coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:15:15 AM

Good question

Yes let's say 5 million in Factoids are sold a total of 10 million will be in the Factom genesis block.

I was curious about this myself. Thanks for the info.

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
Chang Hum

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:42:24 AM

Good question

Wow, thought I must have misunderstood that!
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:21:14 AM

I like this project and I bought some Factoids.  I'd like to buy more but I'm concerned that the Factoid price will tank as soon as they hit the market in May.  Most (all?) other crowdsale coins have followed a similar pattern.  Any thoughts on this?

Also, will Factoids be stored on the BTC blockchain like XCP?  Will a wallet be released for them by the time they are issued?
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 04:38:18 AM

I like this project and I bought some Factoids.  I'd like to buy more but I'm concerned that the Factoid price will tank as soon as they hit the market in May.  Most (all?) other crowdsale coins have followed a similar pattern.  Any thoughts on this?

Also, will Factoids be stored on the BTC blockchain like XCP?  Will a wallet be released for them by the time they are issued?

4,000,000 Factoids have been sold so far, you need to also consider how many there will be in circulation and how many converted to Entry Credits thus used.
Factoids use is to be converted to entry credits to allow access to Factom, that is their main value, people may trade, if it goes up or down is out of our control.

As per the wallet, work is in progress to implement Factom's own solution, we'll release news and updates as we go along.
We have had interest in supporting Factoids from exchanges and are open to allow as many options as possible, make it easy to use them.

Thanks for the questions.

Chang Hum

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:10:41 AM

Also, will Factoids be stored on the BTC blockchain like XCP?  Will a wallet be released for them by the time they are issued?

4,000,000 Factoids have been sold so far, you need to also consider how many there will be in circulation and how many converted to Entry Credits thus used.
Factoids use is to be converted to entry credits to allow access to Factom, that is their main value, people may trade, if it goes up or down is out of our control.

As per the wallet, work is in progress to implement Factom's own solution, we'll release news and updates as we go along.
We have had interest in supporting Factoids from exchanges and are open to allow as many options as possible, make it easy to use them.

What I find slightly bizzare that no one seems to be batting an eyelid over is the ease at which you've managed to say to investors on top of all the money you pool together for us, we're entitled to an equal amount of the tokens we're selling! So for the 4,000,000 Factoids sold, 8,000,000 will be created, effectively saying that if we assume Factoids hold their value, you double everything you raise at the end to personally enrich devs and early investors.

In the history of notable crowdsales on this forum, J.R. Willet invested a substantial amount of his own money to buy his mastercoins, the counterparty guys invested a substantial amount of their own money to buy their counterparty tokens, same with David Irvine and co with maidsafe. Joel Dietz I believe tried to do something similar in a more stealthful way by showing on a pie chart that early investors (prior to the crowdsale) would be awarded a set number of swarm at a rate about 10% higher than crowdsale participants and this would amount to just 3% of their $21m funding goal. However because they didn't reach anywhere near their funding goal, the amount of swarm given to pre-crowdsale investors represented a much higher %age causing a revolt from disgruntled investors. I'm pretty sure the outcome was that Joel and co burnt a large amount of their coins by sending them to an un-spendable address.

You're taking all the bitcoins, then all the tokens to the value of those bitcoins on top! I'm not trying to troll your sales thread but seems very wrong to me and an insulting proposition to put forward to investors.
coinking
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:38:07 PM

Which exchanges will host Factoids?

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 07:20:17 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 09:12:49 AM by FACTOM

We have a collaboration with ShapeShift, it should be one of the first, we also received interest from a number of them.
Ideally, we'd like to make access to Factoids and our software easy and practical, if anyone is interested get in touch.

We will announce any new supported platforms as they become available.

Would be good to know which are people's favourite platforms. Feel free to make your suggestions below. 

Chang Hum

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:23:27 AM

What I find slightly bizzare that no one seems to be batting an eyelid over is the ease at which you've managed to say to investors on top of all the money you pool together for us, we're entitled to an equal amount of the tokens we're selling! So for the 4,000,000 Factoids sold, 8,000,000 will be created, effectively saying that if we assume Factoids hold their value, you double everything you raise at the end to personally enrich devs and early investors.

In the history of notable crowdsales on this forum, J.R. Willet invested a substantial amount of his own money to buy his mastercoins, the counterparty guys invested a substantial amount of their own money to buy their counterparty tokens, same with David Irvine and co with maidsafe. Joel Dietz I believe tried to do something similar in a more stealthful way by showing on a pie chart that early investors (prior to the crowdsale) would be awarded a set number of swarm at a rate about 10% higher than crowdsale participants and this would amount to just 3% of their $21m funding goal. However because they didn't reach anywhere near their funding goal, the amount of swarm given to pre-crowdsale investors represented a much higher %age causing a revolt from disgruntled investors. I'm pretty sure the outcome was that Joel and co burnt a large amount of their coins by sending them to an un-spendable address.

You're taking all the bitcoins, then all the tokens to the value of those bitcoins on top! I'm not trying to troll your sales thread but seems very wrong to me and an insulting proposition to put forward to investors.

I have participated in the sale with my little amount of BTC. I support the project as I trust the team to deliver.
Before I contributed to the sale, I have read the Koinify page very carefully and realized that after the crowdsale there will be double the amount of the total Factoids raised.
To be honest I don't have the slight issue with that, I don't see it as a problem.

• First, they have been clear about it before the sale even started, and the info is available on the sale page itself, so everyone is aware of that.
  • Second, early contributors who account for 30% of the extra Factoids are the people that helped Factom to get to where they are now, from their Team Page you can see how many actual team members they have. I personally don't have a problem with that too, if the coins go to people who spent their time to help the project I think they do deserve a reward.
  • Third, by the looks of it, the crowdsale is still ongoing until the 15th of May. If it continues at this rate they may sell about 5/6 million coins. Even by doubling that, the number of Factoids available is really small compared to other coins. So "investors" as you call them (they get access to software not to shares or dividends) will still be holding a pretty rare coin. If that number was 200 million instead then I would be a little bit more worried. Even then Factoids are going to be used once they are converted to Entry Credits, there are more to be created for rewarding nodes on the network, but I think so long as Factom gets used by businesses and organizations for record keeping I am very positive about the value of Factoids going forward.

I don't mean with this to criticize your comment but maybe it is a little over the top. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I gave you mine.  Smiley

Yeah fair enough, interesting to read your perspective on it. Smiley
coinking
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:09:08 AM

We have a collaboration with ShapeShift, it should be one of the first, we also received interest from a number of them.
Ideally, we'd like to make access to Factoids and our software easy and practical, if anyone is interested get in touch.

Would be good to know which are people's favourite platforms. Feel free to make your suggestions below. 

this is big news! Are there plans to add Factoids to any day trading exchanges?

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:14:26 PM

this is big news! Are there plans to add Factoids to any day trading exchanges?

As stated previously, would be good to know which are people's favourite platforms. Feel free to make your suggestions below. 
Of course we are open to anyone who wants to support Factoids.
Fargo

Activity: 283

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:57:33 AM

Would love to see it on bittrex.

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 01:49:42 AM

Thank you for the reply.  Smiley
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:19:52 AM

Thank you for the reply.  Smiley
Poloniex would be great too
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:21:43 PM

I look forward to trading using shapeshift
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: