Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cgminer extranonce.subscribe extension (binaries available for download)  (Read 32676 times)
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 09:56:14 PM

Ok used WinSCP and uploaded cgminer file to /usr/bin/ folder and restarted unit.  It would not start hashing unless I deleted the new cgminer binary and restored the original file.  My S3 Web UI status screen remains blank even after a new reboot with the new cgminer binary installed.

Hmm, README file is probably missing another command, you have to make cgminer binary executable (after you upload new binary) by issuing this command

Code:
chmod +x /usr/bin/cgminer

Verify that the new cgminer works by:

Code:
/usr/bin/cgminer -V

It should return cgminer 4.7.1, if this is OK, new binary should work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:34:21 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 12:49:34 AM by CHAOSiTEC

nicehash, have you looked into the above? i can replicate it so it must be either code in cgminer, that doesnt cancel the connection, or the proxy not cancelling, when #xnsub is activated

Could you provide log output?

SSH to your miner and add logging:

vim /etc/rc.d/S99cgminer

add this " -D 2>&1 |tee /tmp/cgminerlog.txt" to the end of the line which starts with "PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POO ...

so this line should look like this:

PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb $_ow $_bec --api-listen --api-network --bitmain-checkn2diff --bitmain-hwerror --version-file /usr/bin/compile_time --queue 4096 -D 2>&1 |tee /tmp/cgminerlog.txt"

When you'll catch the idle bug, send us the logs please. Thanks!

right now my rig is rented out, but i could try it out on another rig i have...

pmed link to log file

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Deagle21

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:14:10 AM

Ok used WinSCP and uploaded cgminer file to /usr/bin/ folder and restarted unit.  It would not start hashing unless I deleted the new cgminer binary and restored the original file.  My S3 Web UI status screen remains blank even after a new reboot with the new cgminer binary installed.

Hmm, README file is probably missing another command, you have to make cgminer binary executable (after you upload new binary) by issuing this command

Code:
chmod +x /usr/bin/cgminer

Verify that the new cgminer works by:

Code:
/usr/bin/cgminer -V

It should return cgminer 4.7.1, if this is OK, new binary should work.

Ok got my S3's working.  The new binary rights in the file properties were different than the original.  I had to change the new binary rights to match the original one by checking all the x's in the properties.  I did not need to use the chmod +x /usr/bin/cgminer command.
slimz

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:31:06 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 04:32:21 PM by slimz

OK so a few things i have noticed.
the drop in cgminer replacement works for antminers but the antminer section of the status screen id basically blank.

I know this is because the antminer driver is not compiled into to the cgminer binary

there is a patched version of the antminer software here
https://github.com/FireWalkerX/cgminer-bmsc

can someone please cross compile it for the beaglebone board and post a binary.

I do not have the experience required to do that

----------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE
If you use the newest BitMain firmware that contains cgminer 4.6 and then drop in the 4.7 replacement, all antminer status reports sections work properly.

idonothave

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:07:14 AM

Problem:

if you set a price point, fx p=0.0135 then if it dips below said pricepoint, no work is issued, but connection is not terminated either so instead of my S3s switching to 3rd pool option, it will just hang on to the connection, waiting for work

(my rigs started beeping and woke me up)

The same problem noticed here. It does not seem to skip to another pool in the list after price goes below p=xxx level. Happened with s3 and s1 units.
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 03:00:39 PM

Problem:

if you set a price point, fx p=0.0135 then if it dips below said pricepoint, no work is issued, but connection is not terminated either so instead of my S3s switching to 3rd pool option, it will just hang on to the connection, waiting for work

The same problem noticed here. It does not seem to skip to another pool in the list after price goes below p=xxx level. Happened with s3 and s1 units.

We have resolved the issue with pool-switching bug when xnsub is enabled, you can download new binaries for AntMiner S3 and S4 here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cgminer

7queue, here is patched commit: https://github.com/nicehash/cgminer-ckolivas/commit/4e9c7ce68ed91ec9189d83c35b2237aca65f2b7f please revert the previous one in your repo and please compile fresh binaries. Thanks!

7queue

Activity: 177

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:59:16 PM

Problem:

We have resolved the issue with pool-switching bug when xnsub is enabled, you can download new binaries for AntMiner S3 and S4 here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cgminer

7queue, here is patched commit: https://github.com/nicehash/cgminer-ckolivas/commit/4e9c7ce68ed91ec9189d83c35b2237aca65f2b7f please revert the previous one in your repo and please compile fresh binaries. Thanks!

Done!

8 )
felixthecat

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:45:07 PM

Thanks to 7 queue for the most awsome S1 binary in the world. Full production on 80 S1's on P2Pool with BETTER than expected results of only 2.1% DOA and 118.3% Efficiency and finding shares at an incredible pace.

Many thanks for Nicehash for finding someone as talented as 7 queue for the binary.... I have tested all 80 S1's on Westhash over nite and the overall DOA used to be almost 1 TH/s rejected and it's cut in just about 3/4 of that.

Now.... How about some love for the S2??? Seems that's the only issue I am having with Nicehash now, with the S2's running the up to date firmware and --queue 0, which works perfectly on P2Pool now, but consistently refreshes and resets beteen 25, 30, 24, 45 seconds. 
OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:24:30 AM

Problem:

Are you using default AntMiner S3 firmware (with cgminer 3.12.0) or updated firmware and patched cgminer (v 4.7.1)? cgminer version 3.12.0 (in the default S3 firmware) still has the so-called idle bug, which was fixed in version 4.3.1 (https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/af7401e9599f01ff000291ef2280ba05402bdf50/NEWS).

Tried to follow your instructions but some of us are not linx savvy and don't know how to navigate around putty.  Can you provide step by step instruction in more depth for us newbs?  I was able to ssh into antminer 3 with putty and stop cgminer but then got stumped an how to copy original and follow the rest of the instructions.  I've got the binary sitting on my windows desktop.

i about the same point, but with ubuntu. i've followed every step but it keeps saying it can't find my cgminer file when i try to scp the file. i'm using the exact location of the downloaded file, i even copied it and moved it to a different location with the same failure. basically i keep on bricking my machine and having to reflash factory bin
OVRGRO

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:43:01 AM

scratch that... after several failures through putty it dawned on me to scp the file from my regular terminal... success Smiley
idonothave

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:43:17 AM

Problem:

Are you using default AntMiner S3 firmware (with cgminer 3.12.0) or updated firmware and patched cgminer (v 4.7.1)? cgminer version 3.12.0 (in the default S3 firmware) still has the so-called idle bug, which was fixed in version 4.3.1 (https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/af7401e9599f01ff000291ef2280ba05402bdf50/NEWS).

Tried to follow your instructions but some of us are not linx savvy and don't know how to navigate around putty.  Can you provide step by step instruction in more depth for us newbs?  I was able to ssh into antminer 3 with putty and stop cgminer but then got stumped an how to copy original and follow the rest of the instructions.  I've got the binary sitting on my windows desktop.

i about the same point, but with ubuntu. i've followed every step but it keeps saying it can't find my cgminer file when i try to scp the file. i'm using the exact location of the downloaded file, i even copied it and moved it to a different location with the same failure. basically i keep on bricking my machine and having to reflash factory bin

first step from original PC:
ssh root@x.x.x.x (x.x.x.x is unit IP)

second step from original PC:
scp cgminer root@x.x.x.x:/usr/bin/cgminer-new

third step from unit:
cd /usr/bin
chmod +x cgminer-new
cp cgminer cgminer-orig
cp cgminer-new cgminer
/etc/rc.d/S99cgminer restart (or reboot unit manualy)
OVRGRO

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:00:43 AM

first step from original PC:
ssh root@x.x.x.x (x.x.x.x is unit IP)

second step from original PC:
scp cgminer root@x.x.x.x:/usr/bin/cgminer-new

third step from unit:
cd /usr/bin
chmod +x cgminer-new
cp cgminer cgminer-orig
cp cgminer-new cgminer
/etc/rc.d/S99cgminer restart (or reboot unit manualy)

where we you yesterday? lol, if you saw my post above i finally figurd it out. i hope this helps some other person who isn't linux savvy like me. moving the files from the host computer and not while in the antminer unit worked wonders, who'd a thunk it.

As to the software itself, seems to be working great. 0 connection drops except my  twice a day restart, in case it goes down while i'm out. All S3's are at 635 minutes now, i'm guessing they'll see 719 before it's done. thank you nicehash 7queue slimz
idonothave

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:24:02 PM

Any update to S4 binaries?
agent932

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:15:36 AM

Seen any binaries for the C1?
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:32:00 AM

Seen any binaries for the C1?

test it with the s3 version, there shouldnt be any difference with them.. (remember to keep a copy of the original version)

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:48:02 PM

Currently testing this for innosilicon's A2 miners: https://nicehash.com/?p=miners&a=0&d=1&addr=1FiHCFcP4ovbV89nGhYEMWXSZsWnGUASSe
Image for A2 will be posted here when testing is complete: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=672969.new#new
idonothave

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:10:10 PM

Today tested again AntMinerS4-cgminer.zip, unpacked, upload to the unit but not working:

root@antMiner:/usr/bin# ./cgminer-nicehash --help
./cgminer-nicehash: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("

emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 04:31:06 PM

Extranonce submission for Innosilicon A2 scrypt miners:

Link to image with CGminer 3.9.0 and Extranonce submission: https://mega.co.nz/#!XQ02naSC!oSENaKhSdJiIkzad9kdH3I7eMyqNfbUzVSnyxkrsPgw

If you want Extranonce for Nicehash for example the pool settings should be:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3334#xnsub -u enterYourBTCaddress -p x

NOTE: did not work for me when set in miningrigrentals, only directly on the miner trough the web-interface
nssminer

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:11:34 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 11:11:03 AM by nssminer

Works nice! Thanks for the efforts! ***EDIT:Antminer S3's, for those wondering***

idonothave

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:06:55 PM

Binaries for antminer S4 from nicehash.com site does not work. It is compiled for another type of machine.
Another thing which does not work with antminer S4 is difficulty setting with password parameter d=2048. Site stats shows 2048 but cgminer shows 1k or 1024. And from that reason it is not hashing with full power.
If You solve it I will be glad to try it again.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: