Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:49:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Asics Technologies Question?  (Read 7687 times)
ahmed_ (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:41:33 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 06:33:54 AM by ckolivas

Has anyone from here ever bought any of Mining Asics Technologies previous miners? How well do they run and how do you think they'll compare to the excaliber 5? I'm looking to buy some scrypt hash and so I figured i may aswell ask here first.

Ahmed
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:43:51 PM

Nobody has received any miner from them. I believe them to be a scam. Don't send them any money until you have some real solid proof of the device actually existing.

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:36:39 PM

Nobody has received any miner from them.
That may or may not actually be true (some people aren't quite convinced).

See pre-existing topic here: Alternate cryptocurrencies > Mining (Altcoins) :: First Impressions - Mining-asics-technologies.com 250 MH/s Excaliber Miner

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:57:10 PM

Nobody has received any miner from them.
That may or may not actually be true (some people aren't quite convinced).

See pre-existing topic here: Alternate cryptocurrencies > Mining (Altcoins) :: First Impressions - Mining-asics-technologies.com 250 MH/s Excaliber Miner

That post was started by someone who registered just 1 month ago. That should raise a flag. Also (I haven't read the topic) is he the only one that received a miner from MAT? Also this post is in the BTC Hardware section so I am replying for BTC miners (yes I saw excalibur in OP).

ahmed_ (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:07:53 PM

Hmm I know the life-force pools owner. Atleast the one that used to hang out on the alt coin pool op IRC chan on free node: legitpools. I'd be more inclined to actually believe him than not to. Still a tough decision, Especially since no one else has reported receiving it.

Ahmed
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:18:37 PM

Unless you have cheap electricity and a good place to mine (like your own datacenter), I think cloud mining is the best option at the moment.   
ahmed_ (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:00:57 PM

and how many cloud mining companies allow you to use your own pools?
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:26:04 PM

and how many cloud mining companies allow you to use your own pools?

Dunno. I'm not sure why you'd want to really, as long as they payout on time.  But even with cloud mining, getting any ROI at all isn't a sure thing.   The Bitcoin price has to go up really.   
ahmed_ (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:32:51 AM

the whole reason i want some asics is so i can mine on my own pools. it also means i know who has my hashpower, if its real and allows me to control whats done with it
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:54:56 AM

the whole reason i want some asics is so i can mine on my own pools. it also means i know who has my hashpower, if its real and allows me to control whats done with it
Why do you need to know what is done with your hashpower? It can't be used for any frauds anyway, just mining.
Anyway, if you want to buy a miner MAT is one of the worst choices. They were supposed to have the miners ready for shipping months ago.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
ahmed_ (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:29:08 PM

The whole point of buying your own hardware is being able to control where its mined. By mining alt coins id say its more likely to ROI or by merged mining which cloud hashing and services like that may not do. Has MAT ever released ANY miners?

Ahmed
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:10:11 PM

I have received the following information via a PM and I was asked to publish it. While this is unverified it seems to be on par with what is happening with this SCAM ASS COMPANY

Some very explosive informations about MAT and the truth behind MAT Mining Asics Technologies B.V. and the CEO Marc Coumans
First some very interesting informations about the trustworthy and creditworthiness of Marc Coumans CEO of Mining Asics Technologies B.V.   
Just some weeks ago the German Company of Marc Coumans went bankruptcy.

Mining Asics told already several weeks that they have already shipped miners to their customers. But only a few customers will receive their miners because MAT does have only less than 45 pieces of Excalibur 5 miners.
MAT doesnt have more miners in stock and no money for production or for customer refunds.

MAT is a big SCAM Company and Mining Asics Technologies B.V. is not able to deliver any miners to their customers.

The intention of MAT is the desperate searching for some big deals in order to get more money the proceed production. But as there is a financial lack of more than $ 1,5M. It is impossible to solve the problems with the delivery of all miners to their existing customers.

Customers will never get back their refunds and no miners too.
There is no 3th Party failure as in the statement this week from MAT! Thats a additional lie!
Against the statement from MAT.  MAT is not able working together with a well respected Cloud Mining Company in the Mining Scene, because MAT does not have any miners for a cloud mining operation (MAT does have only 38 pieces of miners).
Any offers from MAT serves only the purpose to save some time, for what ever maybe to prolong a bankruptcy.

FinalHash

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:33:12 AM

Ok this has gone on far enough.

My name is Marshall CTO of FinalHash. You may know my company from running the Biggest Mining conference called Hashers United. 

Here is the end all be all of what is really up with MAT.

First off let me preface this by saying that I have been personally working on this project with Marc for quite some time.  You may also know that FinalHash has consulted on many many scrypt asics.  Including some of the most popular ones on the market right now.

Here is really what happened.  Roadstress got a message I'm sure from marc's old partner Bjorn.  Bjorn went off the deep end around 2 months ago.  He changed the facebook password, google plus password, twitter, and even took over marc's email for some time.  I can personally verify this because i jumped on the smtp server and changed everything.  Bjorn has been going around to many people saying all these retarded things like, Oh the machines are not real blah blah blah.  Whatever.  Regardless of all this crap, I am here to say none of this stupidity floating around is even close to being true.

Firstly,  I have several MAT machines right now.  Don't think this is real?  Here is a picture i literally took 5 minutes ago, with my freaking face in it so you know it is not bs.  So first myth floating around is that the machines are not real... well hate to break it to all the nay sayers but Myth Busted.

Secondly,  Saying that customers will not get their refunds... For whoever wants a refund, just freaking email marc and tell him you want one.  It is not hard.  Not sure why you would want a refund but whatever.

And on the statement of machines available... clearly that is not the case as I PERSONALLY have many many machines.

So regardless of all the BS floating around here are the facts. Cold and hard.

The machines are real. They are shipping now. And an old partner of MAT has gone rogue. Period.

Now on to something on a productive note.  I will be releasing a full spec sheet verified by FinalHash on this machine THIS WEEK.
P.S. Nothing bad on RoadStress's part. He I'm sure was just passing along a message that he felt was credible. Which up until this point he probably thought was true. No harm no foul.  This is why I am speaking up.  Too Much BS in the air.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:41:17 AM

Can you take a picture of the TITANIUM 2? https://www.mining-asics-technologies.com/product/titanium-2-asic-bitcoin-miner-6-ths-super-low-power/#additional_information

Shows 6TH using  2 x 1100W included!.   And shipping Batch 2: Shipments will start in September/October 2014.

Seems like to good to be true.
FinalHash

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:30:32 AM

Great question. I do not have a titanium in right now. Last i talked to marc about Sha gear he had put priority on the excalibur stuff because the btc diff was going through the roof.  I will ask him on our call tomorrow for you though. however, to be honest with all the stupidity that has been online lately that is 100% just that... I would bet that the move will probably be just to go down the scrypt route and not tape more wafers for sha.  Because right now scrypt stuff is way more profitable for the price of the hardware.

Were you looking at getting one?

As i said ive not talked to him about the sha gear for a good 3 months or so.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:13:20 AM

Yet another one question: are there any real photos of EXCALIBUR 1 – ASIC SCRYPT MINER 40 MH/s? Weight 3 kg, power consumption 160 Wt... I'd like to buy it. IF this is not a scam company.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:53:20 AM

Great question. I do not have a titanium in right now. Last i talked to marc about Sha gear he had put priority on the excalibur stuff because the btc diff was going through the roof.  I will ask him on our call tomorrow for you though. however, to be honest with all the stupidity that has been online lately that is 100% just that... I would bet that the move will probably be just to go down the scrypt route and not tape more wafers for sha.  Because right now scrypt stuff is way more profitable for the price of the hardware.

Were you looking at getting one?

As i said ive not talked to him about the sha gear for a good 3 months or so.

It would depend on price Smiley.  I'm always looking to expand just has to be at right price.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 01:13:45 PM

Having a couple of units while there are so many unanswered questions is still a BIG RED FLAG! Don't get fooled!

Also:
Date Registered:    September 03, 2014

FinalHash

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:55:13 PM

Having a couple of units while there are so many unanswered questions is still a BIG RED FLAG! Don't get fooled!

Also:
Date Registered:    September 03, 2014

Date registered... You feeling sick road stress?

Just because i made this account in sept. doesnt mean a damn thing...

By all means go look up finalhash. (Our site is wack) but hell look me up. Don't have anything to hide at all.

Hell if you even want to meet me i will be speaking at www.LaBitconf.com  (latin american bitcoin conference)

So, now if you would like to enjoy a productive conversation and get Bjorn's face out of your butt that would be great.

What kind of questions do you have? I would be more than happy to answer them.  And hell i'll even take videos of everything or send some units out.  Makes no difference to me.

FinalHash

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:56:24 PM

Yet another one question: are there any real photos of EXCALIBUR 1 – ASIC SCRYPT MINER 40 MH/s? Weight 3 kg, power consumption 160 Wt... I'd like to buy it. IF this is not a scam company.

Yep so Excalibur one is essentially just 1 of those PCB's I can get a few pics when i get back to houston.  In Charleston now. Be back later in the week. Be glad to post more stuff if you want bud.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: