Print  
Author Topic: :  (Read 12673 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 07:11:36 PM

Jawbone...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 07:34:33 PM

The fed is already easing.

As for the fed officially announcing additional easing and the media labeling it QE3.  Yup that will happen too.

hmmm..
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 07:59:54 PM

Jawbone...
wut?...
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 08:07:52 PM

It is a 'stance'... They haven't done anything yet. People hear what they want to hear and Ben understands this very well.

This sounds like more than jawboning a stance to me...

"To support a stronger economic recovery and to help ensure that inflation, over time, is at the rate most consistent with its dual mandate, the Committee agreed today to increase policy accommodation by purchasing additional agency mortgage-backed securities at a pace of $40 billion per month. The Committee also will continue through the end of the year its program to extend the average maturity of its holdings of securities as announced in June, and it is maintaining its existing policy of reinvesting principal payments from its holdings of agency debt and agency mortgage-backed securities in agency mortgage-backed securities. These actions, which together will increase the Committee’s holdings of longer-term securities by about $85 billion each month through the end of the year, should put downward pressure on longer-term interest rates, support mortgage markets, and help to make broader financial conditions more accommodative."
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 08:14:27 PM

here's the problem there and throughout the world; banks get to pay 0% or print free money for themselves but they insist that everyone else, citizens, corporations, municipalities, and even gov'ts pay either thru high interest rates or thru "conditionalities" aka austerity or coughing up your assets (a few islands here and there).

when is the nightmare going to stop?

When more people take screwing banks seriously.

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 10:35:34 PM

It is a 'stance'... They haven't done anything yet. People hear what they want to hear and Ben understands this very well.

They're going to start the $40B monthly purchasing TOMORROW.

So QE(infinity) starts tomorrow. Like lots of gov programs, this is going to be hard to shutdown once started without an explicit end-date set up front. A couple years from now, the argument will be "The Federal Reserve needs to maintain an active long-term role in debt markets in order to have an immediate tactical capability to smooth out market inefficiencies and maintain stability". I think it's fairly likely in the next couple years that these purchase targets will be raised here and there, giving the Fed more "flexibility", and something open-ended on the Treasury market will probably also happen. With $15T in total debt, gotta keep rates low for as long as possible somehow! Long-term consequences be damned.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 12:00:08 AM

They're going to start the $40B monthly purchasing TOMORROW.

So QE(infinity) starts tomorrow. Like lots of gov programs, this is going to be hard to shutdown once started without an explicit end-date set up front. A couple years from now, the argument will be "The Federal Reserve needs to maintain an active long-term role in debt markets in order to have an immediate tactical capability to smooth out market inefficiencies and maintain stability". I think it's fairly likely in the next couple years that these purchase targets will be raised here and there, giving the Fed more "flexibility", and something open-ended on the Treasury market will probably also happen. With $15T in total debt, gotta keep rates low for as long as possible somehow! Long-term consequences be damned.

Right, today they talk. Tomorrow they act. :p

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Rothgar

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 04:19:04 AM

With $15T in total debt,

$16T cough $16T

Keep up with the times man,

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 04:29:25 AM

It will

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:07:16 AM

Meh. Off by a trillion dollars. Silly me. Was using figures from April, I guess. Lol.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 12:31:19 PM

Meh. Off by a trillion dollars. Silly me. Was using figures from April, I guess. Lol.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:15:51 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/and-todays-most-shocking-headline-we-have

silverbox: "molecular!  front and center!

molecular:  "what?"

silverbox:  "pony up now.  right now!"

molecular:  "why?"

silverbox:  "so my gold can go up!"

Grin

this post makes no sense to me at all.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:19:34 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/and-todays-most-shocking-headline-we-have

silverbox: "molecular!  front and center!

molecular:  "what?"

silverbox:  "pony up now.  right now!"

molecular:  "why?"

silverbox:  "so my gold can go up!"

Grin

this post makes no sense to me at all.

Greece and the rest of the PIGS continue to be in need of unlimited bailouts.  Who's doing the bailing?  Why the German people of course like you.  This makes gold bugs like silverbox very happy b/c it means his gold and silver might go up as well.  In fact, he demands it from you. Wink
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 10:42:43 PM

Greece and the rest of the PIGS continue to be in need of unlimited bailouts.  Who's doing the bailing?  Why the German people of course like you.  This makes gold bugs like silverbox very happy b/c it means his gold and silver might go up as well.  In fact, he demands it from you. Wink

Please cypherdoc don't make this shortcut. Obviously we would all want the situation to be really solved, and that politicians stopped printing money to bail out loosers (in this case, banks).
But we shouldn't bet on what we want, we should bet on what is more likely to happen. And you're smart enough to understand that.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:40:36 AM

molecular: "what choice do I have?"

*prints loads of EUR, gives them to banksters, watches them buy up all assets, watches greece, spain, france, everyone else give up sovereignity, ducks*

molecular: "here we go, silverbox"

silverbox: "cool, thanks!"

*watches 'race to the bottom', banks runs, flight into hard assets, gold price sky-rocket, the daaaash to digital caaash, fiat burning in piles, 3rd world war, economic collapse*

silverbox: "ooouh yeah!"

silverbox *eats some silver for breakfast*

molecular *eats some bitcoins for lunch*

cypherdoc: "bitcoin up 562,000%, gold only up 372,000%, see? Hm, maybe I should finally these gold shorts..."

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:37:49 PM

Thoughts on this?

http://www.profitconfidential.com/debt-crisis/could-this-be-a-trick-to-drive-even-more-investors-to-u-s-treasuries/
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 04:06:39 PM

*prints loads of EUR, gives them to banksters, watches them buy up all assets, watches greece, spain, france, everyone else give up sovereignity, ducks*

*watches 'race to the bottom', banks runs, flight into hard assets, gold price sky-rocket, the daaaash to digital caaash, fiat burning in piles, 3rd world war, economic collapse*

cypherdoc: "bitcoin up 562,000%, gold only up 372,000%, see? Hm, maybe I should finally these gold shorts..."

Rofl. Wink

btw I have plenty of food, supplies, guns and ammo.  I still haven't installed my solar, propane genny, battery, grid tie inverter set up that I been wanting yet, but once thats done, I'm set. 
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:16:17 PM

pretty good.  Wink
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 07:57:15 PM

OP needs to change title to "FED DID EASE I WAS WRONG"  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 08:23:11 PM

pretty good.  Wink

QE forever, is a fantastic idea and should provide some short term stability

for now, gold is still going down  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: