Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:23:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Encrypted wallet.dat, lost password, any solutions?  (Read 213393 times)
eric89

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 12:10:36 AM

Would anyone please be able to help me get this script working with litecoin?

I mined some litecoins back in April and put a password on my wallet which I then forgot.

When I tried to use the script on my litecoin wallet it didn't work... It worked fine with my bitcoin wallet.

I tried messing around with the config file (adding allowed IP's), and changing ports and things in the actual powershell script.

Main problem seems to be connecting to the litecoin deamon. The Daemon also doesn't seem to run as smoothly as the bitcoin one.

Nothing seems to be working and I'm at a loss with what to do. I hope its not because I updated my litecoin client- I hadn't run it since april and when I fired it up again it said it wanted an update.

This is the error I get in powershell:

Code:
Exception             : System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpe
                        ctedly.
                           at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebReque
                        st& request)
                           at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
                           at UploadString(Object , Object[] )
                           at System.Management.Automation.DotNetAdapter.AuxiliaryMethodInvoke(Object target, Object[]
                        arguments, MethodInformation methodInformation, Object[] originalArguments)
TargetObject          :
CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], WebException
FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException
ErrorDetails          :
InvocationInfo        : System.Management.Automation.InvocationInfo
PipelineIterationInfo : {}
PSMessageDetails      :

Before I fiddled around with things I also got this error

Code:
Exception             : System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketE
                        xception: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:
                           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddres
                        s)
                           at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s
                        6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int3
                        2 timeout, Exception& exception)
                           --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                           at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebReque
                        st& request)
                           at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
                           at UploadString(Object , Object[] )
                           at System.Management.Automation.DotNetAdapter.AuxiliaryMethodInvoke(Object target, Object[]
                        arguments, MethodInformation methodInformation, Object[] originalArguments)
TargetObject          :
CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], WebException
FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException
ErrorDetails          :

InvocationInfo        : System.Management.Automation.InvocationInfo
PSMessageDetails      :

I don't understand what these errors are telling me. I have google extensively.

Can anyone give me any hints or point me in the right direction?

I will love you forever if you can.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Revalin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:08:11 AM

The main problem is that i am noob in using script and i can't understand script language so if you can tell me step by step process i can do it or if you have video tutorial then that's makes me happy !

The specifics change if you're on Windows, Mac or Linux, but in general:

Install Ruby 1.9 or newer (Ubuntu: "apt-get install ruby1.9.1"; Windows: http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/)
Choose one of the scripts from this thread depending on which one matches what you know about your password
Paste the script into a new file called brute.rb
Edit the file to fill in the passphrase as best as you can remember, an RPC password, and any other settings at the top of the script
Start bitcoind (the daemon, not the GUI): Linux: ./bitcoind -rpcpassword=some-password ; Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\daemon\bitcoind" -rpcpassword=some-password
Run the script:  ruby brute.rb
Then wait.

Try it, see how far you get, and post any questions if you get stuck.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
Revalin

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:23:29 AM

Revalin suggested 15%, BTChap offers 5% - not a good start Cheesy

My help is free.  Fewer lost wallet disasters is good for Bitcoin, and I'm happy to help.  Donations of any size or just a thank-you are always appreciated and certainly motivate me to stick around.  Smiley

could you write down a quick guide of the soft i need to install and the procedure to get going at cracking this?

I posted some general instructions here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85495.msg3746636#msg3746636 .  Try it, and if you get stuck we can help.

I am sorry - prompt and where a script? ?

Sorry, I don't understand your question.  Can you rephrase it?

Would anyone please be able to help me get this script working with litecoin?

I can't help with PowerShell, but several people have reported success using my scripts (the Ruby ones) with Litecoin.  The newer RPC scripts should work perfectly; the older ones running './bitcoind' in the test() function just need to be edited to say './litecoind', but I recommend the RPC method because it's much faster on Windows.

Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
eric89

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:29:23 AM

I can't help with PowerShell, but several people have reported success using my scripts (the Ruby ones) with Litecoin.  The newer RPC scripts should work perfectly; the older ones running './bitcoind' in the test() function just need to be edited to say './litecoind', but I recommend the RPC method because it's much faster on Windows.

That's fantastic. Thank you very much for your help!

Is this the only one running  using RPC?

If so I'm not sure how to modify it to run the password cracking method I require.

Basically I need something that will test a combination of words I supply

I know my password is a mix of two of my other passwords. Possiblly with a space between them. I'm a bit worried though because I manually tried this last night and failed (400 attempts later)

It would be useful to test combinations of three (or more) as some of my passwords are combinations of smaller elements.

This bit looks promising?
Code:
lefts = [ "start", "Start", "Beginning" ] # The possible words for the left part
rights = ["end", "End", "ending"] # The possible words for the right part

Thank you eternally for any help you can render. I've installed ruby!
Revalin

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:01:38 AM

Basically I need something that will test a combination of words I supply

I know my password is a mix of two of my other passwords. Possiblly with a space between them. I'm a bit worried though because I manually tried this last night and failed (400 attempts later)

It would be useful to test combinations of three (or more) as some of my passwords are combinations of smaller elements.

Here you go.  Just fill in the fragments in the words list and set a value for max_words.  max_words has a very large effect on how long it will take so try to keep it under 7.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ruby
require "net/http"
require "json"

$rpc_pass = "some-password"
words = ['one', 'two', 'three', 'four', 'five']
max_words = 3

def test(passphrase)
  puts passphrase.inspect
  request = Net::HTTP::Post.new("/")
  request.basic_auth "", $rpc_pass
  request.body = { method:"walletpassphrase", params:[passphrase, 1] }.to_json
  response = Net::HTTP.new("localhost", 8332).request(request)
  if response.code == "401" ; puts "Incorrect RPC user/pass" ; exit 1 ; end
  ret = JSON.parse response.body
  if ret["error"].nil? ; puts "\nFound it! #{passphrase.inspect}" ; exit ; end
  return if ret["error"]["code"] == -14 # wrong passphrase
  raise "WTF? #{ret.inspect}"
end

(1..max_words).each do |n_words|
  words.permutation(n_words).each do |perm|
    [" ", ""].repeated_permutation(perm.count + 2).each do |j|
      test(["", *perm, ""].zip(j).join)
    end
  end
end

puts "No luck."

eric89

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 10:04:58 AM

Brilliant! Thank you very much for that Revalin!

Wow,7 is pretty intense- your script must be fast!

Unfortunately I still get the same error I did with the power-shell script.

I had a bit of trouble getting it to accept my rpc-password initially but once that was solved I get:

Code:
C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:878:in `initialize': No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. - connect(2) (Errno::ECONNREFUSED)
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:878:in `open'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:878:in `block in connect'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/timeout.rb:52:in `timeout'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:877:in `connect'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:862:in `do_start'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:851:in `start'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:1367:in `request'
        from brute.rb:14:in `test'
        from brute.rb:25:in `block (3 levels) in <main>'
        from brute.rb:24:in `repeated_permutation'
        from brute.rb:24:in `each'
        from brute.rb:24:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
        from brute.rb:23:in `permutation'
        from brute.rb:23:in `each'
        from brute.rb:23:in `block in <main>'
        from brute.rb:22:in `each'
        from brute.rb:22:in `<main>'

This is with litecoind
Revalin

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:18:40 AM

Litecoin uses port 9332 instead of 8332.  Change it in the script and try again.

eric89

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 11:37:50 AM

Holy crap it worked!

Thank you so much!

You know in the end it was only ONE of my passwords (~100 of those), nothing else- found it in about ten seconds.

I must've simplified it or something

I've sent you a tip. I don't actually have much so it's not heaps but hopefully something.

I hope this helps others in the future, you're a miracle worker Revalin!
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:05:26 PM

Mine worked too! I added an extra character. Now my question is, how do I find the private key? Like, now that I have the password to my Litecoin wallet, how do I import the private key? Using pywallet it says I've found the password, but I can't find the private key anywhere in the text document it saves.
jak12132

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:27:25 PM

I've got a Litecoin wallet that I've encrypted and I seemed to have mistyped in the password. I've got a list of passwords that I use and it could be any permutation of these passwords put together or on their own.  I've read through the thread and saw the Powershell script but I'm running Linux and I'm too sure about getting Powershell.  I'm willing to give a 10% (~$36 USD) tip out of the 9 Litecoins I've got stored in their (now worth $360 from the $13 they were worth only a few weeks ago  Wink ). From the dictionary I've created there are only ten words/phrases/number groupings that can be permuted into the passwords I often use.
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:13:11 PM

I've got a Litecoin wallet that I've encrypted and I seemed to have mistyped in the password. I've got a list of passwords that I use and it could be any permutation of these passwords put together or on their own.  I've read through the thread and saw the Powershell script but I'm running Linux and I'm too sure about getting Powershell.  I'm willing to give a 10% (~$36 USD) tip out of the 9 Litecoins I've got stored in their (now worth $360 from the $13 they were worth only a few weeks ago  Wink ). From the dictionary I've created there are only ten words/phrases/number groupings that can be permuted into the passwords I often use.
Use the ruby script (with your words). you need ruby1.9.1 (eg ubuntu precise).
jak12132

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:58:58 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 11:04:16 PM by jak12132

Use the ruby script (with your words). you need ruby1.9.1 (eg ubuntu precise).
Which script is this? The one by Revalin is for mistyping a known password. Was there one I passed over accidentally thinking it was something else?

Edit: Wow, it's 7 posts up xD. I'll update later if it gets it Cheesy. And I'll donate to you Rev.
guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:04:19 PM

Revalin, I owe it to you man. I recovered my 18 LTC, currently worth about $820.

Please give me your bitcoin wallet address so I can tip you for your script and your help. The one below your name doesn't seem to show up on Blockchain.
jak12132

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:58:19 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 12:28:10 AM by jak12132

Okay, so I've edited the script above to look like this:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ruby
require "net/http"
require "json"

$rpc_pass = "some-password"
words = ['pass1', 'pass2', 'pass3', 'pass4', 'pass5', 'pass6', 'pass7']
max_words = 7

def test(passphrase)
  puts passphrase.inspect
  request = Net::HTTP::Post.new("/")
  request.basic_auth "", $rpc_pass
  request.body = { method:"walletpassphrase", params:['11'+passphrase+'1111111', 1] }.to_json
  response = Net::HTTP.new("localhost", 9332).request(request)
  if response.code == "401" ; puts "Incorrect RPC user/pass" ; exit 1 ; end
  ret = JSON.parse response.body
  if ret["error"].nil? ; puts "\nFound it! #{passphrase.inspect}" ; exit ; end
  return if ret["error"]["code"] == -14 # wrong passphrase
  raise "WTF? #{ret.inspect}"
end

(1..max_words).each do |n_words|
  words.permutation(n_words).each do |perm|
    [""].repeated_permutation(perm.count + 2).each do |j|
      test(["", *perm, ""].zip(j).join)
    end
  end
end

puts "No luck."

The start and end of the passphrase are placeholder to what they really would be although they are the same length. There are also 7 different possibilities of passwords but of course, the ones seen above are placeholders. For anyone needing a bruteforcer for similar to my predicament, this is what I'm currently using. Thanks Revalin for being just an awesome person. Once I get into the wallet, I'm definitely throwing some LTC your way.  

Edit: Looks like it found it while I was typing this message! Thanks again for all the help!  The donation will eventually happen xD . So much craziness going on in BTC-E
SP4RK7

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:39:03 PM

Hi, I was just wondering does anyone know of a work around for the Protoshares wallet?

There doesn't seem to be a protosharesd.exe in my program files like there are with the other coins, just the main folder with protoshares-qt and the folder in the %appdata% containing the wallet.dat

I have the password written down so not sure how I have managed to mess it up, any help much appreciated thanks
Revalin

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:53:14 PM

Revalin, I owe it to you man. I recovered my 18 LTC, currently worth about $820.

Please give me your bitcoin wallet address so I can tip you for your script and your help. The one below your name doesn't seem to show up on Blockchain.

Congrats and thanks.  Smiley  165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

There doesn't seem to be a protosharesd.exe in my program files like there are with the other coins, just the main folder with protoshares-qt and the folder in the %appdata% containing the wallet.dat

Try this:  protoshares-qt -server -rpcpassword=some-password -rpcport=8332

If it's similar to Bitcoin, that should start it with both the GUI and the RPC interface.

guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 01:01:17 AM

Congrats and thanks.  Smiley  165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

Try this:  protoshares-qt -server -rpcpassword=some-password -rpcport=8332

If it's similar to Bitcoin, that should start it with both the GUI and the RPC interface.
Payment sent!
michelDiz

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:49:43 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 02:13:24 AM by michelDiz

Hi there!
Is good to be able to REPLY!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Right, I'm using the script http://pastebin.com/arvxGgKA

But it's says :

========================================

Exception             : System.Net.WebException: Impossível conectar-se ao servidor remoto --->
                        System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Nenhuma conexão pôde ser feita porque a máquina de destino
                        as recusou ativamente 127.0.0.1:8332
                           em System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress
                        socketAddress)
                           em System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket
                        s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult,
                        Exception& exception)
                           --- Fim do rastreamento de pilha de exceções internas ---
                           em System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data,
                        WebRequest& request)
                           em System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
                           em CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , String , Object )
TargetObject          :
CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (Smiley [], WebException
FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException
ErrorDetails          :
InvocationInfo        : System.Management.Automation.InvocationInfo
ScriptStackTrace      : em <ScriptBlock>, C:\Users\MICHEL.W8ponto1casa\Desktop\btc-ltc_$-fixed_recovery_script..ps1:
                        linha 154
                        em <ScriptBlock>, C:\Users\MICHEL.W8ponto1casa\Desktop\btc-ltc_$-fixed_recovery_script..ps1:
                        linha 142
                        em <ScriptBlock>, <Nenhum arquivo>: linha 1
PSMessageDetails      :

'somepasswordhere'
=============================================end========================================

Is something that I'm doing wrong?

I just put some words, numbers and "play".

Play 3 different, with more or few words.
It's took a day, and two just closed and shows nothing.

When It find something, what happen? write some TXT with the password?
How I have sure if is connected with my BTCQT???

I'm using Windows 8.1 , Nothing installed (like "ruby" thing)

I just forgot to write my pass, I thought that I wrote but..
And I do not have sure the word, I put ALL WORDS that used in my time life!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! FELLAS!
user0244

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:02:26 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 05:33:39 AM by user0244

Will this work with feathercoin wallets?
I know feathercoins are worth peanutes compared to bitcoin and litecoins
But i have 2100 in my wallet and it's all i have!
Of course if i can get them back again i can trade some of them for bitcoin, litecoin and donate

I have a good idea of my password, infact i cannot believe i have screwed up
Must of mistyped something, been trying for 5 hours straight entering combinations of my passwords

I am using windows 7, downloaded the ruby program but really don't have a clue

Any help will be rewarded!, thanks
user0244

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:54:20 AM

I did a google search and saw walletrecoveryservices.com
So sent the wallet off as i do not have clue how to do it
Will let you know how i get on!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: