Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:06:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Encrypted wallet.dat, lost password, any solutions?  (Read 213389 times)
toekingsize

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:58:29 AM

is your script compatible with Multibit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:34:29 AM

so 2 years on... did you ever get the password :p ?

yourstruly

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:02:54 PM

Does this new python password recovery tool bypass the RPC to make it way faster?

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 07:52:18 PM

Btcrecover supports Multibit.

Does this new python password recovery tool bypass the RPC to make it way faster?

Btcrecover (written in Python) doesn't use the Bitcoin RPC API. With Bitcoin Core wallets, on a single core CPU it's around 15% slower. On a machine with more than one CPU core it's faster. There's also experimental GPU support which makes it much faster, if it works at all...

For Armory, it's exactly the same speed (because it uses the Armory library) except that it can use multiple CPU cores which again makes it faster.

For Multibit (classic) and Electrum, it's quite a bit faster than any of the wallet types above because these two wallets unfortunately don't use any key stretching...
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:14:09 PM

Btcrecover (written in Python) doesn't use the Bitcoin RPC API. With Bitcoin Core wallets, on a single core CPU it's around 15% slower. On a machine with more than one CPU core it's faster. There's also experimental GPU support which makes it much faster, if it works at all...

For Armory, it's exactly the same speed (because it uses the Armory library) except that it can use multiple CPU cores which again makes it faster.

For Multibit (classic) and Electrum, it's quite a bit faster than any of the wallet types above because these two wallets unfortunately don't use any key stretching...

Thank you very much Chris for Btcrecover!

It is an amazing program, with lot of possibilities, which will suite every weird password around Smiley

I have forgotten a complex password, which is constructed from:

1. <keyboard pattern>
2. word1, word2, Word1 or Word2
3. word3, word4, Word3 or Word4
4. in between of every word or/and at the end of the whole phrase I use one or two special characters.

I am having trouble defining the pattern in a single tokens.txt file. Could I possibly PM you with detailed info on the pattern, so you would probably help me?

Thanks in advance! Have to say, your software is a peace of art!
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 08:13:49 PM

Thank you very much Chris for Btcrecover!

It is an amazing program, with lot of possibilities, which will suite every weird password around Smiley

I have forgotten a complex password, which is constructed from:

1. <keyboard pattern>
2. word1, word2, Word1 or Word2
3. word3, word4, Word3 or Word4
4. in between of every word or/and at the end of the whole phrase I use one or two special characters.

I am having trouble defining the pattern in a single tokens.txt file. Could I possibly PM you with detailed info on the pattern, so you would probably help me?

Thanks in advance! Have to say, your software is a peace of art!

You're welcome to PM me if you'd like. Please be as detailed as you can (without the actual words in your password though). If you include a couple of examples of complete passwords that btcrecover would guess, and a couple that it wouldn't guess, that would help.

In particular, are 1, 2 and 3 from above always in the same order, or can they be in any order? The one or two special characters you mentioned, do they only appear once, or can they appear more than once between different words? Or do they always appear between words?
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:39:03 AM

You're welcome to PM me if you'd like. Please be as detailed as you can (without the actual words in your password though). If you include a couple of examples of complete passwords that btcrecover would guess, and a couple that it wouldn't guess, that would help.

In particular, are 1, 2 and 3 from above always in the same order, or can they be in any order? The one or two special characters you mentioned, do they only appear once, or can they appear more than once between different words? Or do they always appear between words?

Thanks, PM sent. 1,2,3 can be in any order, and will have the same special character in between and/or at the end.

If you read the PM, you'll understand, just do not want to expose this info in public Smiley

Thanks again!
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:11:44 PM

Btcrecover supports Multibit.

Btcrecover seems the very best password recovery tool, the tool set is impressive. Did anyone go through the code to check that it doesn't do anything malicious?

btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:05:30 PM

Btcrecover seems the very best password recovery tool, the tool set is impressive. Did anyone go through the code to check that it doesn't do anything malicious?

I'll take that as a compliment Wink

But as far as I know, nobody has done so. The Python code is long (approaching 4k lines mostly in a single file) and complicated, and "evolved" into its current somewhat messy state (as opposed to being well planned out, sorry...).

However I did write some "extract" scripts that are short and fairly easy to understand documented here: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/extract-scripts/README.md. The idea was that you could run one of the extract scripts directly on your wallet file, copy/paste the base64-encoded results into a VM w/o network access, and then not worry about what btcrecover might do with it (assuming you read and understood the short extract script). At worst, it could waste a bunch of CPU/GPU time, but at least it couldn't steal you wallet.

Of course, all that only really helps if you're already somewhat of a "techie" who knows how to set up a VM. I suspect that many people who choose to run btcrecover are not techies, and are putting themselves at risk (speaking as objectively as I can, of course as the code monkey who wrote it, I claim it's perfectly safe Smiley ).
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:51:09 AM

But as far as I know, nobody has done so. The Python code is long (approaching 4k lines mostly in a single file) and complicated, and "evolved" into its current somewhat messy state (as opposed to being well planned out, sorry...).

However I did write some "extract" scripts that are short and fairly easy to understand documented here: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/extract-scripts/README.md. The idea was that you could run one of the extract scripts directly on your wallet file, copy/paste the base64-encoded results into a VM w/o network access, and then not worry about what btcrecover might do with it (assuming you read and understood the short extract script). At worst, it could waste a bunch of CPU/GPU time, but at least it couldn't steal you wallet.

Of course, all that only really helps if you're already somewhat of a "techie" who knows how to set up a VM. I suspect that many people who choose to run btcrecover are not techies, and are putting themselves at risk (speaking as objectively as I can, of course as the code monkey who wrote it, I claim it's perfectly safe Smiley ).

I recommend you to to write a dedicated post for your tool, I think it deserves it!

funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:07:59 AM

I recommend you to to write a dedicated post for your tool, I think it deserves it!

I agree it is a fantastic piece of work!
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 12:41:39 AM

Thanks a lot!!! (or thank the alot if you prefer)

It doesn't get a lot of attention (which is just fine), so I'm not sure about it's own thread... but if I do, do you think I should start it in the Tech Support forum? That seems like the right place to me.
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:18:39 AM

Thanks a lot!!! (or thank the alot if you prefer)

It doesn't get a lot of attention (which is just fine), so I'm not sure about it's own thread... but if I do, do you think I should start it in the Tech Support forum? That seems like the right place to me.

As there's no real Wallet sub-forum, I think Tech Support is the perfect place to be honest.
When/If you do, please don't be shy about putting your "donation" address in the first post as people like yourself deserve payment (no matter how small) for the effort you've put into your projects and assiting the community Cheesy
ruins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:02:22 AM

well, you have to try to remember it, that's the key point.
YIANNIP

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:21:43 PM

If all attempts to recovery the password yourself you can contact walletrecoveryservices.com.  For a 20% fee of the recovered wallet value Dave was able to recover my password in 2 days.  Super reliable and very honest guy! I highly recommend him. 

Best of luck!
tommyj1

Activity: 1232
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 06:34:59 PM

does this work on altcoins to?

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 07:04:50 PM

Which "this" did you mean?

Most of the methods in this thread will work on most altcoins which were originally based on Bitcoin software (and that's most, but not all, altcoins). So in short: probably, but it depends on the details...
Decio

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:18:21 AM

It happens to me sometimes.
tommyj1

Activity: 1232
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 12:38:39 AM

Most of the methods in this thread will work on most altcoins which were originally based on Bitcoin software (and that's most, but not all, altcoins). So in short: probably, but it depends on the details...

i've got a pandacoin (PND) wallet, i changed my password a few months ago. i mixed up one or two letters. i always write my passwords on paper and ceep them in a secret location Smiley but this one i fucked up, at the time i didn't care to much as it was wirth only a few hundred usd.

but atm its worth a lot nore then that..

im not a geek so im green when it comes to this kind of shit.

i did a search for pandacoind put didn't find anything, so any help would be great

tommy

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:02:40 AM

i've got a pandacoin (PND) wallet, i changed my password a few months ago. i mixed up one or two letters. i always write my passwords on paper and ceep them in a secret location Smiley but this one i fucked up, at the time i didn't care to much as it was wirth only a few hundred usd.

but atm its worth a lot nore then that..

im not a geek so im green when it comes to this kind of shit.

i did a search for pandacoind put didn't find anything, so any help would be great

tommy

I'm not familiar with pandacoin, but here's the best advice I can give you. Basically, you'll need to create a test wallet with a known password, and test one of the password recovery techniques in this thread to make sure it succeeds, and then try your real wallet:

• First and foremost, close the wallet software and then make a backup (or two!) of your wallet file.
  • Rename your wallet file, and restart the wallet software.
  • I'm presuming that a new wallet file is created during startup (which is common). If not, create a new wallet.
  • Add a password to the new wallet.
  • Find and install some software from this thread that can attempt to recover passwords from bitcoin wallets.
  • Configure the software to check your known password against the newly created wallet from above, and see if it succeeds.
  • Assuming it does, use this software against your backed-up wallet.

I realize it's a pain, so you might rather enlist the (paid) services of someone in the Services Discussion section. Maybe someone with pandacoin experience will reply, but until then, this is the best I can offer...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: