Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:35:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool  (Read 382758 times)
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 04:29:17 PM

What the hell is up with payouts? Why are 3 day payouts still not confirmed or sent out? Am I missing something here or did they stop payouts around the whole Aug 1'st drama.

Not sure about antpool, but hashnest have stopped all services till the 3rd Aug, there was a post on the bitmain forum.

All users on hashnest, please be advised below.
To avoid risk of the possible bitcoin fork, hashnest decide to stop all the services for bitcoin wallet , hashrate market and PACMIC contracts payback during 2017/07/31 8:00-2017/08/03 8:00 beijing time.
为防止比特币网络有可能分叉引起的重放攻击, 自北京时间2017年7月31日8:00-2017年8月3日8:00 停止所有BTC钱包充值提现以及算力市场交易 合约返款以及利润分配。

That makes perfect sense and I bet Antpool is doing the same thing. We will see tomorrow or sometime this week if btc payouts start flowing again.

ChipOffTheOlBoard

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:45:14 AM

Payouts blocked for 4 days and counting... July 30th and forward.  Glad to hear it's not a problem specific to moi.

The most confusing part is, the "Paying" status next to each day's payment from July 30th onward... suggesting that some piece of software was actually *trying* to send a payment on the Bitcoin infrastructure, and failing/blocking.  Was beginning to suspect either the network as a whole, or else my wallet...
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:36:34 AM

Nah, the most confusing thing is why people mine on the pool with the highest fees Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 09:08:26 AM

Nah, the most confusing thing is why people mine on the pool with the highest fees Tongue

Nah,not so confusing. A lot of people have fixed monthly costs and the low variance of larger pools helps out. If your pool and others had reasonable hash pools nobody would mine at Antpool. I blame the network effect. People see the pool has high hash power and they join here, then the next guy comes along and sees the same thing and guess what joins the pool too.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 03:14:17 PM

Payouts are flowing once again. Just a "heads up" notice.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:42:51 PM

Nah,not so confusing. A lot of people have fixed monthly costs and the low variance of larger pools helps out. If your pool and others had reasonable hash pools nobody would mine at Antpool. I blame the network effect. People see the pool has high hash power and they join here, then the next guy comes along and sees the same thing and guess what joins the pool too.

No, it's called "You can fool most of the people most of the time"
The variance claim is rubbish, it's just plain ignorance.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2567

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:04:12 PM

No, it's called "You can fool most of the people most of the time"
The variance claim is rubbish, it's just plain ignorance.
Exactly.
Electric bills are paid monthly so why care about daily payouts? If folks would be smart enough to look at the MONTHLY income they will see that all good size pools pay a base rate per-THs that is the same per-month but minus their higher fees and with them not paying the Tx fees you make LESS on Antpool and others.

If you only look at the day-to-day payout you are doing it wrong but hey, it's your money...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 06:19:27 PM

Relax guys. I'm talking about the rate at which a pool finds blocks. I _know_ the variance is a bogus claim in the long term. Personally I've been mining at smaller pool for the majority of my mining history. I'm just trying out the PPS+ bullshit out of curiosity.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2567

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:50:59 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 01:39:57 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Relax guys. I'm talking about the rate at which a pool finds blocks. I _know_ the variance is a bogus claim in the long term. Personally I've been mining at smaller pool for the majority of my mining history. I'm just trying out the PPS+ bullshit out of curiosity.
I assume you are talking as in blocks per-day?
When divided by the THS applied and number of users in the pool, blocks found per-day is most irrelevant part of arguments for using Antpool because when averaged over any statistically valid and reasonable time - and that means at least a few weeks - everything averages out.

Aside from fees you are charged and Tx payments that are not distributed that is. Anything else is treating mining the same as day-trading stocks and that is not how the game works.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
ChipOffTheOlBoard

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:17:33 PM

Payouts are flowing once again. Just a "heads up" notice.

Looks like 3 of the 4 pending "Paying" line items moved forward to "Paid" status just a few hours after my earlier post...  Now it's 'just' 1 day behind  Smiley
Makmal

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:54:41 AM

At least you got paid.....mine is still under "paying"
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 08:02:22 AM

I assume you are talking as in blocks per-day?
When divided by the number of THs/workers/users in the pool, blocks found per-day is most irrelevant part of arguments for using Antpool because when averaged over any statistically valid and reasonable time - and that means at least a few weeks - everything averages out.

Aside from fees you are charged and Tx payments that are not distributed that is. Anything else is treating mining the same as day-trading stocks and that is not how the game works.

It depends, the statistical period varies, and also it depends on the reward calculation method. For some people reward methods such as PPS makes more sense cause they don't want to deal with the statistical variance and want to know for sure how much they'll get rewarded - as close as possible to the "calculator" tools estimate minus the fees. For large miners though you're better off using the PPLNS method but sadly Antpool here keeps the TX fees with that reward method, so *shrug* maybe it's just better to quit this experiment and go back to Slush. Won't some of you antminer come along Wink? We need more hashing power and we have better stats and monitoring system (this pool has none).

kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:56:23 AM

Again you're using excuses that are irrelevant or due to ignorance.

The worse month of all time on my pool was last December where it was 70% luck.
That was a possibility due to the size of the pool back in that month long ago.
With TxFees included that made it an average of 73% PPS
So if you are running a mining setup that costs less than 73% PPS to run it, you made a profit even in my worst month of all time.

The 2nd worst, recent month was, ... March average 97.8% PPS ... ... ... yeah you gotta wonder about these irrelevant excuses ...

Of course the last 6 months average pool PPS per month on my pool was 127%, so anyone mining anywhere else lost out Tongue
That's of course historical luck ... for the last 6 months Smiley

Quit literally, basically all you are saying is that most bitcoin miners are morons where it comes to finances.
There's no other valid argument for it.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 11:10:56 AM

Again you're using excuses that are irrelevant or due to ignorance.

The worse month of all time on my pool was last December where it was 70% luck.
That was a possibility due to the size of the pool back in that month long ago.
With TxFees included that made it an average of 73% PPS
So if you are running a mining setup that costs less than 73% PPS to run it, you made a profit even in my worst month of all time.

The 2nd worst, recent month was, ... March average 97.8% PPS ... ... ... yeah you gotta wonder about these irrelevant excuses ...

Of course the last 6 months average pool PPS per month on my pool was 127%, so anyone mining anywhere else lost out Tongue
That's of course historical luck ... for the last 6 months Smiley

Quit literally, basically all you are saying is that most bitcoin miners are morons where it comes to finances.
There's no other valid argument for it.

You are totally ignoring my point just in the hope of attacking someone out there on the internet. I KNOW and agree with your points and I am not making any excuses. I am not supporting nor defending mining for Antpool. Yes I believe that most people are morons when it comes to finance. I am just trying to tell you what goes on through the average uneducated miner's mind and WHY these pools have such ridiculous hashing power (beyond the fact that bitmain mines on it too). The reality is that most miners are always chasing the higher payout rate and that's why it's so easy to lure them with all this 110% PPS bullshit and other such gimmicks the large pools use. So tone it down a bit with the passive aggressiveness cause you're preaching to the choir.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 10:44:49 AM

Well, it was an interesting experiment hashing at the hash monster pool (ie here) for a bit, but Slush is still better Smiley lol It was nice to get direct NMC payments, but totally not worth the higher fees and the moral taint you feel when hashing here. Also I beg/implore you to move to smaller pools like Slush & Kano. We have better stats and we have cookies! Happy mining to you all!

greyworld

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:13:40 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 04:13:04 AM by greyworld

Hello Bitmain,

If you confirm my miner payment and send me the product I paid for a month ago I'll happily take back all the terrible things I've said about you.

I'll even keep hashing with Antpool, just to piss off Kano.

Thanks.

[ UPDATE ] Bitmain did finally confirm my payment.  Yay!

[ UPDATE TO THE UPDATE ] Bitmain has 'found my money' but won't confirm that I paid for my order.  Basically they confirmed that they robbed me.  Thanks, Bitmain.  You f---ing crooks.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
mustangy

Activity: 333
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:10:24 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 04:59:13 PM by mustangy

sorry if it is been answered before
how do we change automatic payout time frame in antpool
i search for 4 hours still can not figure out.
just trying 2 antminer s9 with antpool probably i ll be out soon.

always have antminers and psu for sale please dm
greyworld

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:27:58 AM

just trying to antminer s9 with antpool probably i ll be out soon.

I don't think you can.

It would be nice if you could though.  I would like to be able to set a payout threshold, so I could make it large enough that I don't have a wallet full of tiny transactions that cost a lot to move around.

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
mustangy

Activity: 333
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:46:16 PM

just trying to antminer s9 with antpool probably i ll be out soon.

I don't think you can.

It would be nice if you could though.  I would like to be able to set a payout threshold, so I could make it large enough that I don't have a wallet full of tiny transactions that cost a lot to move around.
thats so weird and dictating is agains soul of bitcoin
but i read some where before tehy might removed that option for PPLNS

NO AUTO PAYMENT TIME FRAME CHANGE AT ANTPOOL
so this is notice who keep search or open tickets wait for answer do not lose your time.

always have antminers and psu for sale please dm
greyworld

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:49:05 PM

NO AUTO PAYMENT TIME FRAME CHANGE AT ANTPOOL
so this is notice who keep search or open tickets wait for answer do not lose your time.

Just more self serving policy by Bitmain, same as it ever was.

More tiny transactions = more transaction fees when you try to move that money around = more money for Bitmain (most of which, they don't disperse to their miners)

It's bad enough they took my money for an S9, didn't ship it, won't confirm my payment (AFTER TWO MONTHS), policy like this just adds insult to injury.

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: