Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:46:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool  (Read 382756 times)
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 04:05:26 AM

Hello Bitmain,

If you confirm my miner payment and send me the product I paid for a month ago I'll happily take back all the terrible things I've said about you.

I'll even keep hashing with Antpool, just to piss off Kano.

Thanks.

[ UPDATE ] Bitmain did finally confirm my payment.  Yay!

So you sold your soul to the devil for some hashing power  Cheesy kidding  Cheesy

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 04:09:01 AM

NO AUTO PAYMENT TIME FRAME CHANGE AT ANTPOOL
so this is notice who keep search or open tickets wait for answer do not lose your time.

Just more self serving policy by Bitmain, same as it ever was.

More tiny transactions = more transaction fees when you try to move that money around = more money for Bitmain (most of which, they don't disperse to their miners)

It's bad enough they took my money for an S9, didn't ship it, won't confirm my payment (AFTER TWO MONTHS), policy like this just adds insult to injury.

This is how it feels like to get bent over by Bitmain. Jihan Wu going in dry! Ouch!

greyworld

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:11:35 AM

This is how it feels like to get bent over by Bitmain. Jihan Wu going in dry! Ouch!

Yeah, they should change their name to NO LUBE Technologies.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 04:14:07 AM

Yeah, they should change their name to NO LUBE Technologies.

Hmm, me saying this may anger our mining hardware overlords, but maybe next time hedge your bets and buy a Canaan miner as well.

greyworld

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:17:02 AM

I'll probably get censored for saying this, but maybe next time hedge your bets and buy a Canaan miner as well.

Yeah that's the plan.  At this point I'm kinda wary to have anything to do with China, period.  But I haven't heard nearly as much about Canaan as I see about Bitmain everywhere, maybe it's not as bad.

I wish Spondoolies was still around.  I have an SP30 now and it's doing pretty good.  The only reason Bitmain ever 'found my money' was I basically begged the Spondoolies folks (now employees of Bitmain) for help and they made a call for me.

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 04:27:25 AM

I'll probably get censored for saying this, but maybe next time hedge your bets and buy a Canaan miner as well.

Yeah that's the plan.  At this point I'm kinda wary to have anything to do with China, period.  But I haven't heard nearly as much about Canaan as I see about Bitmain everywhere, maybe it's not as bad.

I wish Spondoolies was still around.  I have an SP30 now and it's doing pretty good.  The only reason Bitmain ever 'found my money' was I basically begged the Spondoolies folks (now employees of Bitmain) for help and they made a call for me.

All my experiences with Canaan have been good so far. We've had clients order a ton of gear from them and they did not screw anyone over. Also it seems that their hardware is better built. I'm very disappointed how quickly S9 controllers are dying Sad

I totally understand how you feel. I was/am a big fan of Spondoolies too. I sure loved my SP20s ! Smiley

greyworld

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:34:34 AM

Also it seems that their hardware is better built. I'm very disappointed how quickly S9 controllers are dying Sad

Yeah I've heard upwards of 30% or more of anything Bitmain ships is faulty, and when you contact them about fixing it, they have you ship it back to them so they can tell you it got damaged in transit, can't be fixed, will be destroyed at your expense etc etc.

I think they may have some corrupt employees basically swapping the boards from jacked up returns for ones from outgoing new orders, so they end up with new miners and far away losers end up getting screwed.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 04:57:38 AM

Also it seems that their hardware is better built. I'm very disappointed how quickly S9 controllers are dying Sad

Yeah I've heard upwards of 30% or more of anything Bitmain ships is faulty, and when you contact them about fixing it, they have you ship it back to them so they can tell you it got damaged in transit, can't be fixed, will be destroyed at your expense etc etc.

I think they may have some corrupt employees basically swapping the boards from jacked up returns for ones from outgoing new orders, so they end up with new miners and far away losers end up getting screwed.

Wow, if that is true and someone can prove it that would be some fucked up shit. So far every time I shipped an RMA to Bitmain I got a working miner back, but it does suck that now you have to ship the entire miner back, so let's say one blade dies you lose the entire hashing power of the miner and can't just ship back the bad blade. I have one S9 that has 1 bad blade and decided to not even bother shipping it back cause it would take more than a month to get a working miner back. The loss of income in that time period makes the whole process totally not worth it.

Also pro tip for you S9 owners, buy lots and lots of spare controllers cause they will all kick the bucket eventually.

greyworld

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:06:08 AM

Wow, if that is true and someone can prove it that would be some fucked up shit.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576941.msg16012347#msg16012347

From what I can tell in that post, the poster is saying they received an allegedly 'new' unit where stickers on one of the boards had been scribbled over and it looks like some of the board stickers had other stickers hap-hazardly applied.  Looks like a return to me.  And that was the only bad board in the unit, and the only one with those markings, allegedly.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 06:56:12 AM

Wow, if that is true and someone can prove it that would be some fucked up shit.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576941.msg16012347#msg16012347

From what I can tell in that post, the poster is saying they received an allegedly 'new' unit where stickers on one of the boards had been scribbled over and it looks like some of the board stickers had other stickers hap-hazardly applied.  Looks like a return to me.  And that was the only bad board in the unit, and the only one with those markings, allegedly.

Wow, what a shit show. That poor Tupsu guy.

Man I wish I had a few million dollars so I can build a miner and staff the company entirely with Western support staff IN the west.

ChipOffTheOlBoard

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:17:22 AM

Also pro tip for you S9 owners, buy lots and lots of spare controllers cause they will all kick the bucket eventually.

Ok, here's a dumb question: Where do you go to buy those spares? Is it generic hardware or something custom-built by Bitmain? (FWIW I didn't see a lot of spare parts being pushed on Bitmain's website...)

Thank you in advance
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:32:50 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 02:07:02 PM by numnutz2009

Ok, here's a dumb question: Where do you go to buy those spares? Is it generic hardware or something custom-built by Bitmain? (FWIW I didn't see a lot of spare parts being pushed on Bitmain's website...)

Thank you in advance

bitmainwarranty sells spare parts. thats what i use in the us if i need support for hardware issues. i sent 2 dead hashing boards to them a week or so ago so they are still up and running normally.

ahh got the antpool login issue sorted out. such a pain.
greyworld

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:00:57 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 10:29:48 AM by greyworld

What's up with BCC mining on Antpool?

I thought I'd try it to see if the ROI is actually about 200% BTC PPS, as has been much hyped lately.

I go and look at the block statistics page and it's just a solid wall of maybe empty blocks, or blocks with errors, or something that looks like it went wrong.

What's up with that?  Maybe no one is actually using BCC but they're mining it anyways?

I think when BCC's hash rate is refactored into earn rates, earn rates will take a nose dive.  

Flip side, earn rates on BTC are about to go way up next diff adjust, right?  Since a bunch of miners jumped over to BCC.

EDIT: Can't even connect to Antpool-BCC now, pool is "DEAD".  LOL

greyworld

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:19:10 AM

No more PPS with "negative 5% fee" (105% PPS)?  Gone from the menu.

Probably just as well, it was always misleading since it didn't pay transaction fees and lately that's upwards of 10-20%  At least PPS+ shares those, but then the fee is 4%, which is crazy high.  SOLO/PPLNS, Antpool still keeps those fees. (Hidden 10-20% additional fee).

Now we know where all the BTC comes from for Wu to pump up BCC on Bittrex!  Well... that and taking peoples money without actually shipping them the product they ordered (SEVEN GODDAMN WEEKS NOW WAITING FOR MY PAYMENT TO BE CONFIRMED). 

If a trainwreck and a dumpster fire had a baby, it would be Bitmain.

d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:44:11 AM

No more PPS with "negative 5% fee" (105% PPS)?  Gone from the menu.

Probably just as well, it was always misleading since it didn't pay transaction fees and lately that's upwards of 10-20%  At least PPS+ shares those, but then the fee is 4%, which is crazy high.  SOLO/PPLNS, Antpool still keeps those fees. (Hidden 10-20% additional fee).

Now we know where all the BTC comes from for Wu to pump up BCC on Bittrex!  Well... that and taking peoples money without actually shipping them the product they ordered (SEVEN GODDAMN WEEKS NOW WAITING FOR MY PAYMENT TO BE CONFIRMED). 

😂😂😂😂😂😜

Set my day off to great start.  Thanks for the laugh. True statement folks!
BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
btcconnoisseur

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:42:13 AM

Don't get me started, these guys are such a mess   Cry
Spinbackup

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

SPIN ICO starts November 7, 2017

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 02:22:06 AM

These antminers are hot as hell...

greyworld

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:52:18 AM

These antminers are hot as hell...

Try venting directly outside.

I don't have an antminer because Bitmain sucks and can not get my order figured out, but running an old SP30 here, I found with it just aimed at the window: temp was 10-15 degrees hotter inside.  But with it actually sitting in the window venting entirely outside?  No effect on ambient temp, might even help keep it cooler because of the fans.  Also I keep another fan aimed at the device to keep the housing cool.

majestymage

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 09:36:22 AM

Why in the bloody hell the antpool is not taking tx with their blocks lately? Does enyone has any ideea why?

██████
                                             ██████▄▄
                                             ██████  ▀▀▀▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄▄▄                             ▄▀ █ ▀▄         █▀████
         █████          ████             ▄▀   █   ▀▄     ▄▀   █
         █████          ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▀     █     ▀▄ ▄▀    █
       ▄▀     █         █▀▄█▀▄     █████     █       ▄▀▄    █
     ▄▀        ▀▄      █▄█▄▄█▄▀█▀▀▀█████     █     ▄▀   ▀▄ █
█████      ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀█ █   ▀▄  ▀▄   █ █     █   ▄▀     █████
████████▀▀▀       █  █  █    █    ▀▄█   █  ████▄▀       █████
█████   ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█  █      █    █▀▄   █▄████         ▄▀
                  ▀█▀▀███     ▀▄  █  ▄█▀▀  █          ▄▀
                  █  ▄▀▀▀      █ █▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  █       ▄▀
             ░█████▄▀         ████        ▀▀▄█    ▄▀
              █████           ████▀▀▀▄▄▄      ███████
              ▀▀▀▀▀                     ▀▀▀▄▄▄███████
                                              ███████
                                              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
/iTEX/./INNOVATING TRADING EXCHANGE/.
/Whitepaper/ /Sign Up/ /Buy Token Now/

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:45:06 AM

Why in the bloody hell the antpool is not taking tx with their blocks lately? Does enyone has any ideea why?
Even worse, their 481955 block was empty, after an hour long network block Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: