Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:27:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376904 times)
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:02:25 PM

isn't it great that we who were forced to mine hashpoints instead of btc have to sit and watch all this profit taking because we can't convert to paycoins yet. it will be dumped into the ground before we can get our profits.

Exactly.  There is going to be a whole host of problems with paybase on the 19th and when peecoin is going to be listed on credible exchanges...but the gawletts are going to be stuck with nothing.  Nothing Homero has done has worked on day 1 when its supposed to be released...nothing.

Now that 2 of their covert agents are in this thread, don't get distract by their derailment attempts, this thread is about GAW and Homero and his false promises, not to mention a refuge from the lies and bullshit of Homero Talk. 

Suchmoon, I recommend adding these two individuals to the ignore list on page 1.  They have proven un trust worthy imho.

There is no more ignore list on page 1, and if there was I'm sorry to say I would have to add yourself and a few others too. Just stop replying to them and they will wither away, simple as that. And if someone insists on embarassing themselves - let them. There is a great irony in how posters like ColdSpirit come over boasting how they managed to survive on HT following the "respect" rules and proceed to shit all over this thread simply because they disagree with what's being posted here. It's great to have this on display, leave it be, stop feeding it. Thank you.

This is one of the reason I actually respect your point of view. Both sides talk a lot of shit. Out of this thread 99% is someone beating their chest and name calling. They think calling someone by their name is insulting. So his name is Homero are we really in elementary school that we make fun of someone’s name? There are a lot of flaws with GAW. And I mean a lot. I have spoken out against them by using fact and not name calling. I also have supported them. This whole paycoin well, I am still not sure what to think about it. They have made so many mistakes it is hard to believe they can pull this off but if they do have the money backing it and they do pull it off you would be mad that you didn’t jump in right away. Just like all of the people who missed BTC early. Am I saying this is going to be as big as BTC? I do not know, I think it would be hard for it to reach BTC however if they have what they say it could because they would then have the finical backing other coins do not have. There are a lot of ifs and GAW needs to get better at a lot of things. You can use paycoin but stick to facts of why you think it will fail not I am better than you and your name sounds funny. Or everyone that follows GAW is mindless idiots that are just a part of their cult. Yes there are Die hard paycoin fans just like there are die hard BTC supporters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:02:41 PM

... proceed to shit all over this thread simply because they disagree with what's being posted here.

Oh come on... This is all you guys do re: the Hashtalk forum; pick out posts/comments that don't fit your narrow viewpoint, jeer and gloat over them, and occasionally boast how much btc you've made from the 'idiots' you claim to have concern for.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't have any concern over whoever is paying exorbitant rates on rental sites ("idiots" is your word, not mine). I don't believe I've ever boasted how much BTC I made on anything. I don't go to HT to shit all over their forum. I do make fun of obvious lies and greed and stupidity, when it comes to that. I would say that the general viewpoint is far narrower on HT than it is here, but that's subject to debate.

I need to thank you for illustrating my point, you don't seem to see the sheer hypocrisy of what you think is wrong and what you're doing yourself. Two wrongs don't make a right.

in fact.. idiots was my word.
however, i'm done renting out once this round of rentals are over.. i'm back on mmpool which just hit a block

long live bitcoin.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:24:10 PM

but if they do have the money backing it and they do pull it off you would be mad that you didn’t jump in right away.Am I saying this is going to be as big as BTC? I do not know, I think it would be hard for it to reach BTC however if they have what they say it could because they would then have the finical backing other coins do not have.

We're only going to "miss the train" if paycoin is in fact a pump&dump scheme (or some other type of scheme).

Literally the only feature people care about is the $120m backing which nobody even knows exist. Why would anyone invest in something that may or may not exist? Actually I know why, It's the same reason people invest in any other get rich quick scheme. (greed + financial ignorance)

Or everyone that follows GAW is mindless idiots that are just a part of their cult.

I think the cult thing started out as a joke but now it's far from a joke.

Here's a list of traits of a cult (bold if it applies to GAW):

• The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
  • Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
  • Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).‪
  • The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).‪
  • The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
  • The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
  • The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
  • The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
  • ‪ The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
  • ‪ Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
  • The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
  • The group is preoccupied with making money.
  • Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
  • Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
  • The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.
gefafwisp

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:27:28 PM

This is one of the reason I actually respect your point of view. Both sides talk a lot of shit. Out of this thread 99% is someone beating their chest and name calling. They think calling someone by their name is insulting. So his name is Homero are we really in elementary school that we make fun of someone’s name? There are a lot of flaws with GAW. And I mean a lot. I have spoken out against them by using fact and not name calling. I also have supported them. This whole paycoin well, I am still not sure what to think about it. They have made so many mistakes it is hard to believe they can pull this off but if they do have the money backing it and they do pull it off you would be mad that you didn’t jump in right away. Just like all of the people who missed BTC early. Am I saying this is going to be as big as BTC? I do not know, I think it would be hard for it to reach BTC however if they have what they say it could because they would then have the finical backing other coins do not have. There are a lot of ifs and GAW needs to get better at a lot of things. You can use paycoin but stick to facts of why you think it will fail not I am better than you and your name sounds funny. Or everyone that follows GAW is mindless idiots that are just a part of their cult. Yes there are Die hard paycoin fans just like there are die hard BTC supporters.

Balanced viewpoints are rare around here, thanks
Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:31:05 PM

isn't it great that we who were forced to mine hashpoints instead of btc have to sit and watch all this profit taking because we can't convert to paycoins yet. it will be dumped into the ground before we can get our profits.

Exactly.  There is going to be a whole host of problems with paybase on the 19th and when peecoin is going to be listed on credible exchanges...but the gawletts are going to be stuck with nothing.  Nothing Homero has done has worked on day 1 when its supposed to be released...nothing.

Now that 2 of their covert agents are in this thread, don't get distract by their derailment attempts, this thread is about GAW and Homero and his false promises, not to mention a refuge from the lies and bullshit of Homero Talk. 

Suchmoon, I recommend adding these two individuals to the ignore list on page 1.  They have proven un trust worthy imho.

There is no more ignore list on page 1, and if there was I'm sorry to say I would have to add yourself and a few others too. Just stop replying to them and they will wither away, simple as that. And if someone insists on embarassing themselves - let them. There is a great irony in how posters like ColdSpirit come over boasting how they managed to survive on HT following the "respect" rules and proceed to shit all over this thread simply because they disagree with what's being posted here. It's great to have this on display, leave it be, stop feeding it. Thank you.

If you cleaned this thread of all the insults, repetitions and ad hominem, you'd be left with less than 10 pages of text.
I saw someone bragging that this thread has 300 pages. If they need it let them have it.

I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:32:39 PM

Highlight #2 -- speaking in tongues, Josh does this. The proof is on HT and Twitter.

gefafwisp

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:34:36 PM

I need to thank you for illustrating my point, you don't seem to see the sheer hypocrisy of what you think is wrong and what you're doing yourself. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I have a minority viewpoint on here, it's hard to resist giving back what I take, but yeah fair point.
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:36:42 PM

We have invited Josh to come and have a discussion with us but won't.  Most of the HT people come in here and just start spamming that we are spreading FUD and don't bring anything to the discussion.  Reddit even called for Josh to do an AMA on /r/bitcoin but Josh posted on HT that why would he want to discuss anything with trolls.  Easiest answer why Josh won't face the trolls is cause he can't control what is being posted and is afraid that they will catch him in a lie.  
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 05:41:55 PM

So bitcoin hash rate increased more than paycoin just overnight

Diff:        40,007,470,271         Hashrate (diff):  286,384 TH/s
 Est (2016): ~39,492,211,577         Hashrate (2016):  282,696 TH/s
 Est ( 144): ~42,553,928,629         Hashrate ( 144):  304,612 TH/s

PhiPhi

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

✯Empowering the Influencer Economy✯

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:42:53 PM

I don't think we're simply fighting a terrible company that is incompetent. We're fighting an idea...the idea of immense greed that you can simply accumulate huge amounts of wealth from doing nothing but giving somebody else your money. If we were just fighting GAW, people would have realised a long timr ago that something isn't right. The problem is much bigger and more sinister than a poorly run incompetent company.

The only greed I'm seeing is raskul and co renting their rigs for exorbitant fees to the very people they claim to want to help + they also seem to find it hilarious. The hypocrisy is beyond belief.

Awww diddums is complaining he cant rent rigs cheaply. Talk about wanting your cake and eating it too - that's greed for ya.

Lash out more buddy.

Bit late but I did not like this^
WM has a point, we are really looking at misguided desperate people who are going to destroy their families over this shit. Sitting there like a smug git gloating over how much smarter you are over people who have been conned into thinking they can tap into the easy money system is despicable. Enjoy your BTC, it  is built on the back of less fortunates misery.

alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:43:24 PM

We have invited Josh to come and have a discussion with us but won't.  Most of the HT people come in here and just start spamming that we are spreading FUD and don't bring anything to the discussion.  Reddit even called for Josh to do an AMA on /r/bitcoin but Josh posted on HT that why would he want to discuss anything with trolls.  Easiest answer why Josh won't face the trolls is cause he can't control what is being posted and is afraid that they will catch him in a lie.  

He popped in a couple of weeks ago and he answered some questions but several of the answers amounted to nothing, e.g., changing the fees.
keshuker

Activity: 395

aka. dibdab

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:44:20 PM

Now when we have some fresh paycoiners here, I tried to ask yesterday for you to explain where the money will come from.

So I would love a discussion about it. Where does the money come from, to be able to promise a 400% yearly profit from hashstakers?

Yes i know about the wall etc, but if there ever will be a wall, it wont stand a chance if there is no new fiat flowing in. That means new people needs to buy paycoin for at least 20$/coin a "lot".

I've seen some figures that there will be many millions of paycoins in the stakers, so if theres 5 million paycoins staking all the time, they will create 20 million new coins, that are "guaranteed" a value of 20$. So where does it come from? You need $400 million a year to keep up with the pace.

I'm sure it is just me being stupid, but I have not seen any answers to this so far, so here is again your chance to "sell" us non-believers your coin
bumpershot

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:45:00 PM

For the sake of discussion, let's assume there is a buy wall on Paybase that's accessible to all Paycoin wallet holders.

How large would it need to be for the coin to last more than a couple of days?

How large for more than three months?

How large for more than six months?

If it can pass six months, it'll be around for a while, but how much backing do they need to get there?

I don't think it needs to be terribly large for the initial dump, considering how many HashStakers there are out there. Just pulling numbers out of my ass (hey, GAW's CEO does it, so why not me?) - Let's say they pass out 4 mil PC to Hashpointers, and around 500k are mined. I'm not sure how many hashlets have been converted, or have been sold, but let's guess 250k into perms, 250k six month, and 250k 3 month. Some people might keep coins in a normal wallet for 5%, let's say 10%. So you're looking at 3.75*.9 = 3.375 million coins in the initial dump. At $20 per,

$67.5 million for initial.

$2.5 million more for 3 months.

$7.5 million more for six months.

So, just guessing at the numbers, It would take a wall of $77.5 million to keep this coin sustainable, assuming that all large investors keep their coins more than six months.

It seems like that's reasonable. So I bought a little bit of PC on the open market. Not much, though, as my numbers are all guesses. But I think GAW has a solid shot of pulling this off.

Edit: In addition to making up the numbers, I'm assuming a return rate of 50% for hashstakers every three months.
pd62512005

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:45:12 PM

The irony is, I bet it's the first time any of us have done any actual coin mining in all the time we've had anything to do with Garzas' Gawd Awful Wreck.

It doesn't stop here, think how the Genesis hashlet owners feel. They purchased an overpriced SHA256 miner and can't take advantage of this. Also where is GAW's 5 PH/s or whatever is remaining of it? Does it even make sense for them to mine Paycoin since they already have 12 million of it? So the only ones making money out of this are GAW's most despised individuals, i.e. Bitcoin bagholders pulling out their USB erupters and whatnot. Great show Smiley

BTW despite what the CEO is tweeting, average network hashrate is still 10-15 PH/s. I have no clue why someone hasn't told him yet to stop embarrassing himself.

http://paycoin.minerpools.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

Josh Garza retweeted
 Mr Coins @CryptoDabbler  ·  5h 5 hours ago
Paycoin net hash reached an astonishing 84 PH, see live stats at http://suchpool.pw  #paycoin #paybase @gawceo

glad there are still smart people like you to keep everyone in check Smiley keep up the good work!
gefafwisp

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

He did a live public Q&A a couple of nights ago. http://tinychat.com/paybase was the URL. The moderator seemed pretty unbiased in his selection of questions from the chat box.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 05:54:28 PM

Now when we have some fresh paycoiners here, I tried to ask yesterday for you to explain where the money will come from.

So I would love a discussion about it. Where does the money come from, to be able to promise a 400% yearly profit from hashstakers?

Yes i know about the wall etc, but if there ever will be a wall, it wont stand a chance if there is no new fiat flowing in. That means new people needs to buy paycoin for at least 20$/coin a "lot".

I've seen some figures that there will be many millions of paycoins in the stakers, so if theres 5 million paycoins staking all the time, they will create 20 million new coins, that are "guaranteed" a value of 20$. So where does it come from? You need $400 million a year to keep up with the pace.

I'm sure it is just me being stupid, but I have not seen any answers to this so far, so here is again your chance to "sell" us non-believers your coin

I remember only two things at the moment, I think there was more though:

- transaction fees
- hashstaker sales (this is a bit odd - why take money only to give it back - like a high interest loan?)
PhiPhi

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:03:21 PM

Any chance to change the narrative here? Rather than wnaking yourself off about your brilliant mining conquests or how stupid HT'es are why not get onto HT and be subtitle, persuasive and rescue as many lost souls as possible?  Many real lives will be ruined by this siht, stop being smug greedy bastards and do something to help the factually challenged! If not for them for their innocent wives and kids.  Invade HT with reason even 1 innocents Christmas saved is worth it.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 06:04:39 PM

To be fair, Josh was here a while ago and did answer some questions but also left quite a lot unanswered. I don't think the AMA would be much better than that (or the coinbrief interview, where he just danced around or avoided answering what he didn't like). But yes, just plain refusing to do it is kind of lame - much more siginificant business leaders have done it and seem to have survived.
PhiPhi

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:09:31 PM

To be fair, Josh was here a while ago and did answer some questions but also left quite a lot unanswered. I don't think the AMA would be much better than that (or the coinbrief interview, where he just danced around or avoided answering what he didn't like). But yes, just plain refusing to do it is kind of lame - much more siginificant business leaders have done it and seem to have survived.

To be fair, Josh answered sweet f/a.  He danced around every issue like a bad politician, no substance whatsoever.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 06:13:54 PM

For the sake of discussion, let's assume there is a buy wall on Paybase that's accessible to all Paycoin wallet holders.

How large would it need to be for the coin to last more than a couple of days?

How large for more than three months?

How large for more than six months?

If it can pass six months, it'll be around for a while, but how much backing do they need to get there?

I don't think it needs to be terribly large for the initial dump, considering how many HashStakers there are out there. Just pulling numbers out of my ass (hey, GAW's CEO does it, so why not me?) - Let's say they pass out 4 mil PC to Hashpointers, and around 500k are mined. I'm not sure how many hashlets have been converted, or have been sold, but let's guess 250k into perms, 250k six month, and 250k 3 month. Some people might keep coins in a normal wallet for 5%, let's say 10%. So you're looking at 3.75*.9 = 3.375 million coins in the initial dump. At $20 per,

$67.5 million for initial.

$2.5 million more for 3 months.

$7.5 million more for six months.

So, just guessing at the numbers, It would take a wall of $77.5 million to keep this coin sustainable, assuming that all large investors keep their coins more than six months.

It seems like that's reasonable. So I bought a little bit of PC on the open market. Not much, though, as my numbers are all guesses. But I think GAW has a solid shot of pulling this off.

Edit: In addition to making up the numbers, I'm assuming a return rate of 50% for hashstakers every three months.

I'm too lazy to check your math Smiley, but assuming it's correct they still need $77.5m of revenue, unless you think the "investors" are a large charity. In other words, they will expect their money back, and then some, and on top of that HashStaker owners need to get paid their generous interest rate. That's the part that doesn't make any sense to me - why would GAW need to borrow money from their customers at such high interest rates, if they already have investors throwing 100s of millions at them. Or they could just go to a bank and get money at near zero rates, joys of the recession. The only feasible explanation I can come up with is that there are no investors other than Zen/Hashlet/Staker owners (and GAW's credit rating is crap). And since those customers are seemingly ok with any rule changes, this can go on for a long time.
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: