Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:42:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376928 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 07:27:30 PM

Anyone notice that, from an "investor" standpoint, what's happening right now is like a surrogate round 3 of the ICO? Paycoin was supposed to be open to a restricted number of people for $10 each. Now, you can get it for like $9.50 each on the open market.

The order's a little flipped, as Round 3 was supposed to happen after Round 2, but you can still get a bunch of XPY for under $10, and that was what was going to be available during this time period in the initial timeline.

That's a very good point. Also there was something mentioned about being able to purchase XPY on their website today, and Paybase Express, which might be the same thing now that I think of it. Not sure if it's going to be sold at $10 though, likely at $20.
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:29:14 PM

So much legitimate industry news and updates... No mention of GAW/Zen (unless you consider law-enforcement and regulatory action they could be a part of very soon).

source: http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a87f67248663abe55ad9325d6&id=d639ac99e3&e=1eb9c9493d

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 07:32:38 PM

Yes this weekend will be huge for them. Good or bad. If it is not completely here are your paycoins dump if you wish. Then there will be a huge group of really pissed off people and Josh and his family would have to go into hiding. There is bound to be 1 crazy out there. This is actually one reason I believe Josh. What I mean by believe is that I think they will put up the wall and try to make this as they say. However this does not mean that they will succeed. It could fail and tons of people lose their money but it would not be because Josh took it (Hope not for his sake). It can still fail for so many reasons such as people just don’t want a new coin, mismanagement on GAWs end, and many more. I personally hope it succeeds. I think competition is good and it spawns knew ideas to make everyone better in the long run.  

I don't believe there will be a completely unrestricted buy wall (and I'm not alone, otherwise why would everyone dump their XPY now at half the price), and I don't believe there will be a huge uprising either. There will be some backpedaling and some kind of a twist to make it just bearable. We've seen this play out with ZenPool crash and some other scenarios. Just a few days to go to find out.
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:36:31 PM

but if they do have the money backing it and they do pull it off you would be mad that you didn’t jump in right away.Am I saying this is going to be as big as BTC? I do not know, I think it would be hard for it to reach BTC however if they have what they say it could because they would then have the finical backing other coins do not have.

We're only going to "miss the train" if paycoin is in fact a pump&dump scheme (or some other type of scheme).

Literally the only feature people care about is the $120m backing which nobody even knows exist. Why would anyone invest in something that may or may not exist? Actually I know why, It's the same reason people invest in any other get rich quick scheme. (greed + financial ignorance)

Or everyone that follows GAW is mindless idiots that are just a part of their cult.

I think the cult thing started out as a joke but now it's far from a joke.

Here's a list of traits of a cult (bold if it applies to GAW):

• The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
  • Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
  • Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).‪
  • The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).‪
  • The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
  • The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
  • The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
  • The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
  • ‪ The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
  • ‪ Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
  • The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
  • The group is preoccupied with making money.
  • Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
  • Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
  • The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

this needs to be reposted every page. 
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:41:39 PM

Now when we have some fresh paycoiners here, I tried to ask yesterday for you to explain where the money will come from.

So I would love a discussion about it. Where does the money come from, to be able to promise a 400% yearly profit from hashstakers?

Yes i know about the wall etc, but if there ever will be a wall, it wont stand a chance if there is no new fiat flowing in. That means new people needs to buy paycoin for at least 20$/coin a "lot".

I've seen some figures that there will be many millions of paycoins in the stakers, so if theres 5 million paycoins staking all the time, they will create 20 million new coins, that are "guaranteed" a value of 20$. So where does it come from? You need $400 million a year to keep up with the pace.

I'm sure it is just me being stupid, but I have not seen any answers to this so far, so here is again your chance to "sell" us non-believers your coin

I will not claim to be an expert on paycoin. But I will try to answer things according to what I know/think.

The guarantee that hashstakers will have such a high yearly profit is only in terms of Paycoin. Just like any PoS coin you will get a certain amount of coin back. That is your profit. Now if you compare to BTC or Fiat it may be higher or lower depending on the exchange rate. So if people think that you buy $10 worth of paycoin and you will have $40 worth of paycoin they are sadly mistaken. They falsely assume that profit must mean your own currency of choice when in reality it is only in terms of Paycoin. ie: you buy 1 paycoin for $10 it by the end you have 4 coins so you have profited but paycoin is only worth $1 meaning you lost in terms of $$ but gained in terms of Paycoin.

The buy wall (assuming it shows up) was said to be $100 million. Only on paybase meaning on the exchanges it could be anything. If this wall shows up as promised it will act as a floor and a ceiling. So GAW would have to move that floor up in order to hit the $75 they are talking about. I think Sat will be a huge day to watch if the buy wall goes up we will have to see if it holds. There will be a bunch of people running for the door. The question will be will it be $100 million worth? Only time will tell.

I would have to go back and look but I do not think they guarantee $20. I think they said they will try to keep the floor of the price at $20 but people read it and assumed it is a guarantee. From what I have seen they said they will do it while funds last. Now there is logic in this because if it is there and as big as it should be that means people will jump in front of it for a penny, we see it all the time. So there is a chance that their funds will not be depleted due to people buying for slightly more than the buy wall in hopes of it going up.

If money from the wall starts running low, I'm sure GAW has a continency plan:

a) Bug in hashbase code prevents conversion of paycoin to BTC (fix TBA)
b) BTC withdrawals on hold because of: 1) code bug, 2) thief or 3) act of Gawd
c) If things get really bad they will just bring paybase down and claim it needs some 'retooling' or maybe claim they broke rackspace or something.

vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:47:25 PM

why did no one take a screen shot of mister monkey basher? that would have been epic to see( disclaimer, i am not nor have ever been a pervert).
 it would just be really funny to see
WayForward

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:47:55 PM

Hi Guys -
Been away again on business and have not been following this thread for the past 4 days or so. However, having just skimmed over some of the activity in my attempt to catch up, I must say I am disappointed.

If any of you truly agree with me and some others here who believe GAW/Zen is fundamentally a crypto-scam derived from blatant lies, why even consider renting hardware to others so they can feed the PayCoin hype engine?

Is a few days of heightened rental revenue really worth it?    

Is being part of the problem GAW/Zen continues fester really worth it?

As long as there are people supporting GAW/Zen's ventures with direct money, support, and/or hardware to facilitate a mining hashrate foundation, it does nothing to help those of us who are doing our best to stop the progression of what we see is a scam. In that regards, some of the GAW/Zen shills who are popping in here saying this conduct by some of the "haters" is hypocritical are actually correct.

Again, some of us have spent a lot of time and money to combat GAW/Zen up to this point with nothing expected in return. All we want is the truth to be known about this operation in question and its primaries who are still to this day laughing all the way to bank while touting how untouchable they are.

Continue to rent as many rigs and hash power as you want, but I would ask you to think twice before pointing any hardware to that waste of a crypto and the bandwidth it is sucking. Doing so does more harm than good - at any price.

Scott-

Whilst partially correct, you have to understand also there has been an influx of pissed off gaw supporters who have had enough of the lies and bullshit and happen to be privy to more details than the paid fud gaw police team members that have also turned up in this thread lately. ts fun to expose paid people and cutting through them to the real people who have real issues and concerns and their questions and concerns are not answered by Homero.  Promises don't pay bills, also being called a troll for asking a legitimate question is the problem.  Homero Talk is a far more closed society that BCT will ever be.  I dont feel dirty posting my opinions here or with the threat of being banned.

Bit hard to be subtle when you ask a fairly innocent question and get banned for it on there.

Also some of us are renting out our shit so when the 19th comes around we also have somewhere to dump out Hashpoints/paycoin when we can.  Making sure it has some legs so we can escape with the shirt on our back from this joke.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:59:09 PM

looks the pool is off again is that true another problem? Shocked
interstellar

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:59:25 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 08:18:40 PM by interstellar

@GAWCEO Dig into those credit cards peeple to stop the trolls!

^^^ The true wall you speak of.
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:03:17 PM

looks the pool is off again is that true another problem? Shocked

Try this one they are trying to divvy up the hash rate between different pools.

http://suchpool.pw/xpy/index.php?page=statistics&action=blockfinder

Messing with the first rule if its not broke dont fix it.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:12:43 PM

Messing with the first rule if its not broke dont fix it.
I'll do ya one better. If it's not broke, well, then GAW probably had nothing to do with it.
eightcylinders

Merit: 254

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:20:07 PM

Any chance to change the narrative here? Rather than wnaking yourself off about your brilliant mining conquests or how stupid HT'es are why not get onto HT and be subtitle, persuasive and rescue as many lost souls as possible?  Many real lives will be ruined by this siht, stop being smug greedy bastards and do something to help the factually challenged! If not for them for their innocent wives and kids.  Invade HT with reason even 1 innocents Christmas saved is worth it.

I tried this with two very politely skeptical posts.  The second one (where I asked if GAW really premined 12,000,000 out of 12,500,000 coins) got me shadowbanned, despite the fact that I don't think anyone could claim I was trolling or spreading FUD or being disrespectful. I would post the link for you, but since I am shadowbanned it won't show ;-)

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
raskul

Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:22:10 PM

get your rigs rented out! make the most of this opportunity!
I'd say Paycoin is actually a blessing in disguise.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=894826.msg9849580#msg9849580

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
interstellar

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:23:20 PM

The thing I don't get about the coin and maybe someone can explain it to me is the incredible hyper-inflation this coin has built into it.

It's going to go from 12 million coins to 1.2 billions coins over 15 years. Am I understanding that correctly? Through staking.

That just seems like dooming the coin to 1 satoshi right there. There's no way it can hold its value. It's gonna make doge look like gold by comparison.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 08:25:31 PM

Any brave souls willing to try arbitrage?

Coin-swap seems to hold higher, unfortunately c-cex doesn't have any volume to speak of so maybe that's just a mirage.

https://coin-swap.net/market/XPY/BTC
https://c-cex.com/?p=xpy-btc
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:25:35 PM

looks the market is getting hot 320 btc at trading the xpy soo, the believers are getting it at 0.029 half of the floor of 20 dollars ,anyway this can get more popular after day 19 as several hashpoints be converted soo lets wait and see
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:29:22 PM

Any chance to change the narrative here? Rather than wnaking yourself off about your brilliant mining conquests or how stupid HT'es are why not get onto HT and be subtitle, persuasive and rescue as many lost souls as possible?  Many real lives will be ruined by this siht, stop being smug greedy bastards and do something to help the factually challenged! If not for them for their innocent wives and kids.  Invade HT with reason even 1 innocents Christmas saved is worth it.

I tried this with two very politely skeptical posts.  The second one (where I asked if GAW really premined 12,000,000 out of 12,500,000 coins) got me shadowbanned, despite the fact that I don't think anyone could claim I was trolling or spreading FUD or being disrespectful. I would post the link for you, but since I am shadowbanned it won't show ;-)

I saw the whole exchange, and it was fruitless indeed, despite 8cyl's fantastic (& polite) posts, which ended up getting him banned. Even a mod questioned another why he was banned, but no real answer. These people cannot be saved/helped any longer, i've tried as well - they refuse to listen at all - go back and read the cult post on the past 2 pages, this is exactly what hashtalk is. I'm almost convinced there is some church of GAW hiding somewhere, and that's who all these people are... It's really bizarre to be honest. you just can't make this shit up, you really can't.   Huh

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:29:40 PM

Any brave souls willing to try arbitrage?

Coin-swap seems to hold higher, unfortunately c-cex doesn't have any volume to speak of so maybe that's just a mirage.

https://coin-swap.net/market/XPY/BTC
https://c-cex.com/?p=xpy-btc
There's barely any volume on coin swap either. Any buy orders get quickly dumped into from what I've seen so far. Then the sellers back off to let some more depth on buy orders come back in before selling off to them again. Over and over.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:30:09 PM

The thing I don't get about the coin and maybe someone can explain it to me is the incredible hyper-inflation this coin has built into it.

It's going to go from 12 million coins to 1.2 billions coins over 15 years. Am I understanding that correctly? Through staking.

That just seems like dooming the coin to 1 satoshi right there. There's no way it can hold its value. It's gonna make doge look like gold by comparison.

It mints coins less than Doge so it should not make Doge look like Gold. It could hold its value if it taps into the market that they are wanting too. BTC is tiny compared to what it could be if mainstream accepts it. So if it was able to match BTC market cap it would be around $7+ per coin. That would be 15 years from now so do you think crypto will stay the same size for the next 15 years? I doubt it. Of course no one knows where it will go and if any crypto will really gain with true mainstream. So they have a chance to be huge but they have to deliver on a lot of promises.
interstellar

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:30:51 PM

Hey i got shadow-banned! Nice.

Account lasted one weekend. And I never said one mean thing to anyone. Got 31 upvotes and almost every one of my comments was upvoted. Just asked questions and pointed out some issues.

It's nice to know you can still find your own little North Korea on the Interwebz!
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: