Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:54:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376995 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:05:27 PM

How on earth would you compare the promised yield on a government backed investment grade CD to a loan to GAW for staking?

Are you arguing the merits of my comparison or the face?  From your reply, I think I know.

rhetoric. you should have been a politician.  Cheesy
keep renting.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
chmick

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:09:06 PM

Hi all
is it me or suchpool is down again ??

By the way did anybody succeed to withdraw from suchpool ??

is there any stable alternate pool to mine xpy ?

I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:09:13 PM

I prefer a cautious approach to my investments and yes, the 'locked-in' part of the whole staking process just puts me off entirely.

I can understand this point of view because paycoin is so new... but certificate of deposits are nothing new, and are generally considered to be some of the most conservative/cautious investments you can make.  And that is pretty much what a hashstaker is... it's a CD  A high-yield CD... but nonetheless... a CD.

Lol, a CD is backed by a bank with billions in assets. A cashstaker is backed by Josh. Ouch.
technically u can sell ur hashstakers with coin inside but atm its the fiat reserve causeing doubt today me and wafflemaster saw pcfan say some shit like gaw wont be able retain buy wall its community job even tho hes one of the pre ico1 investors

You mean PCfan the biggest cocksucking mod over there? No surprise there.

I think pcfan has like 4-5 accounts on HT, twitter etc.. potcoinfan being one of them. major paycoin pumper...or trying

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:09:27 PM

forgive me, the sheer stench of the brainwashed and blinkered on this thread had me presume that you were invested in the full ponzi.
please accept my apologies if I spoke out of turn in any of my direct comments to you.

No problem Smiley. As I'm in the altcoin "business" since almost two years I've got relative immune to brainwashing and big promises Smiley.
anti_gaw_DONKEY_KONG_DK

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:10:23 PM

Hi all

uh oh your in the wrong place go to hashtalk.org
raskul

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:10:57 PM

Hi all

what's xpy?

Cheesy
keep renting.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:14:48 PM

I prefer a cautious approach to my investments and yes, the 'locked-in' part of the whole staking process just puts me off entirely.

I can understand this point of view because paycoin is so new... but certificate of deposits are nothing new, and are generally considered to be some of the most conservative/cautious investments you can make.  And that is pretty much what a hashstaker is... it's a CD  A high-yield CD... but nonetheless... a CD.

I have to say, that would be true if this altcoin had a proven track record. you already state that it's new, and therefore, it is not a cautious investment for anyone to make, in any way.

Well, let's look at the comparison two ways...

1.  A regular bank giving a 1.5% APY is actually losing you money if inflation is 3% per year.  So... a bank CD is only cautious because your original deposit is coming back to you... but that doesn't mean you made any money.  You actually lost purchasing power, while the bank had a field day with your original deposit.

2.  A hashstaker is similar in that you are paid in XPY... not USD.  So it doesn't matter what the XPY->USD exchange rate is when the hashstaker matures/expires... you are getting the rate that GAW said you were going to get in XPY only.  The purchasing power of that XPY may be poor due to a poor XPY->USD exchange rate... similar to the purchasing power of your CD deposit being affected by inflation in #1 above.

The big question is if the exchange rate between XPY->USD can be effectively stabilized with the floor that GAW talks about for a significant amount of time.  No one knows the answer to this unfortunately.

Isn't the inflation rate on ponzi coin 400% per year?  Roll Eyes

This is the part I think most believers fail to understand/acknowledge.

As of now you would need to dump 1.7m paycoins (14% the total coin supply) to eat through GAW's buy wall of ~$34 million.

In 5 years there will be 12.8 billion paycoins so dumping 1.4m paycoins would only be ~0.015% of the total coin supply. To dump 14% of the total coin supply (1.8b) at $20/coin would require a $35 billion buy wall.
chmick

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:16:40 PM

Hi all

what's xpy?

Cheesy
keep renting.

of course i will .

it just at which price you rent ;-)

You know what ??  I found a marvellous program on my computer .. It's called calculator :-)
anti_gaw_DONKEY_KONG_DK

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:18:00 PM

can any gaw shrills help with this ^ bak to ht u go dont let the door hit u in the ass
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:18:43 PM

Hi all

what's xpy?

Cheesy
keep renting.

of course i will .

You know what ??  I found a marvellous program on my computer .. It's called calculator :-)

Here go here you should be able to find a working pool.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/23483/pool-support-megathread-with-updated-pool-list

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:19:08 PM

As of now you would need to dump 1.7m paycoins (14% the total coin supply) to eat through GAW's buy wall of ~$34 million.

In 5 years there will be 12.8 billion paycoins so dumping 1.4m paycoins would only be ~0.015% of the total coin supply. To dump 14% of the total coin supply (1.8b) at $20/coin would require a $35 billion buy wall.

Last time when I checked the source on Sunday the theoretical max money limit was 2 billion (inherited from PPC). The POS adds cca. 5%/annum to the 12.5 million at the end of POW, so that 12.8 billion looks a bit too much for me.
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:19:45 PM

Hi all

XPY is the best thing that has ever happened to coin-swap.net !
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:20:00 PM

To the first point, if people only spend their earned interest they are merely rentiers, and not adding any economic value.

So is it the same in the BTC world?  You have hundreds of people giving "advice" to other people here on this forum that you need to "hodl".  The BTC they hold is not doing anything to the economic value of BTC other than their exchanged currency (whether that was fiat or some other means) being locked up in the system for the period they hold it.  For some, the idea is that their speculation of a favorable  BTC->USD exchange rate will allow them to sell or trade at some later date.  But what are they selling or trading for?  Fiat or a good purchased with a BTC->fiat transaction.

I fail to see the difference here, other than the POS staking in the case of XPY.

Second point, i know they can't spend the staked XPY and that is even worse. It's like locking it into a long-term CD except no bank is issuing a loan on the other side of that!

Initially correct, but loans, escrows, added services, etc. can all be introduced that create more value for the coin.  BTC value creation is all tied into the POW, and speculation.  I don't see any other value adds.

Third, Keynes was writing at a time when all gov't money was backed by gold. And yes, there is actually a controlling entity - GAW's reserve fund of fiat - to artificially prop up the market price. This is no different than deficit spending if you want to draw the analogy.

You'll have to forgive me... I'm not a fan of Keynesian policy.  And discussing it's merits is probably best done in a separate thread in the Economics forum.

anti_gaw_DONKEY_KONG_DK

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:25:06 PM

To the first point, if people only spend their earned interest they are merely rentiers, and not adding any economic value.

So is it the same in the BTC world?  You have hundreds of people giving "advice" to other people here on this forum that you need to "hodl".  The BTC they hold is not doing anything to the economic value of BTC other than their exchanged currency (whether that was fiat or some other means) being locked up in the system for the period they hold it.  For some, the idea is that their speculation of a favorable  BTC->USD exchange rate will allow them to sell or trade at some later date.  But what are they selling or trading for?  Fiat or a good purchased with a BTC->fiat transaction.

I fail to see the difference here, other than the POS staking in the case of XPY.

Second point, i know they can't spend the staked XPY and that is even worse. It's like locking it into a long-term CD except no bank is issuing a loan on the other side of that!

Initially correct, but loans, escrows, added services, etc. can all be introduced that create more value for the coin.  BTC value creation is all tied into the POW, and speculation.  I don't see any other value adds.

Third, Keynes was writing at a time when all gov't money was backed by gold. And yes, there is actually a controlling entity - GAW's reserve fund of fiat - to artificially prop up the market price. This is no different than deficit spending if you want to draw the analogy.

You'll have to forgive me... I'm not a fan of Keynesian policy.  And discussing it's merits is probably best done in a separate thread in the Economics forum.

do u have selective hearing retard buddie asked you about 12.8bil inflation ps dont let the door hit u in the ass on ur way bak to ht
puwaha

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:25:37 PM

Why does everyone here think the automatic thing is to dump?  Isn't the whole "high-brow" point of BTC centered on building an ecosystem around it's use and adoption?  So that a BTC is a BTC, and not just what it's value is today in USD?

hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:25:50 PM

1.A problem with BTC is that people hoard. Especially those buying it to speculate on price rather than use it for transactions. As more merchants accept BTC this will change. Microsoft and Dell now taking BTC helps a lot. But there is no incentive to hold BTC per se. POS incentivizes hoarding.

2.Well this all depends on whether you believe savings create loans or if the direction of causality is loans create deposits. There is still a debate amongst economists as to which is the correct way or if it can be bidirectional. I believe that loans create deposits. And yes, I agree that in time there will be enough financial engineering in place to take cryptocoin loans, trade derivatives and all sorts of fun stuff.
POW is labor, albeit computational. Labor is valuable. POS is idle.

3. Agreed.
raskul

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:28:30 PM

Hi all

what's xpy?

Cheesy
keep renting.

of course i will .

good price here, enjoy

https://www.betarigs.com/user/raskul

ColdSpirit

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:31:18 PM

Hi all

what's xpy?

Cheesy
keep renting.

of course i will .

good price here, enjoy

https://www.betarigs.com/user/raskul

LOL That calls stealing!!
The greed is too much... and with that crappy prices...
puwaha

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:31:43 PM

do u have selective hearing retard buddie asked you about 12.8bil inflation ps dont let the door hit u in the ass on ur way bak to ht

Ok, I'm only going to ask you once, nicely, to not call me names when I haven't addressed you as such.

If you follow the thread that Hazenyc and I are on... you will see that he did not ask me about 12.8bil anything.  If it was inferred from some other thread you are involved in... be my guest and continue talking in circles.
anti_gaw_DONKEY_KONG_DK

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:35:21 PM

Why does everyone here think the automatic thing is to dump?  Isn't the whole "high-brow" point of BTC centered on building an ecosystem around it's use and adoption?  So that a BTC is a BTC, and not just what it's value is today in USD?

why dump? cause im sick of gaws lack of transparency ps if im insulting its cause your pissing me off no one here likes gaw u dense retard so why u here to annoyance us hence fuck off srs bitpop me tourist  waffle raskul etc need a modded forum and use this one as a gray buffer zone
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: