Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 07:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376925 times)
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:24:31 PM

https://paybase.com/faq

Looks like they have invented a time machine, or just forgot to edit the screenshot - still shows February dates.

https://paybase.com/img/welcome-step-3.png

Other highlights:

PaySave currently supports Walmart, Macy's, and Target

(even though the screenshot shows something that looks very similar to Amazon's checkout page)

We fulfill your order from the lowest cost vendor or retailer. This means that if you place an order using the PaySave button on Macy's, it may come in a box from Walmart, or vice versa

Some manufacturers' warranties, such as Canon's, require that the item be purchased from an authorized reseller. In these cases, the warranty will not be valid if purchased through PaySave.

So we are shopping at Amazon, Walmart, Macy's, Target, but not really, and might even be getting products without warranty. Brilliant plan.

Look at the main page.  Behind the email sign up is a computer and you can clearly see amazon in the picture.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:24:40 PM

Maybe this has already been posted but can someone give me the exchange for paycoin?

https://coin-swap.net/market/XPY/BTC
https://c-cex.com/?p=xpy-btc
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:25:03 PM

Alright, I was eating lunch and decided I just had to see for myself what the return rate of mining XPY really is. I directed an S1 and an S3 @ Multicoin pool and here is what I saw when I looked at the pool stats:

Looks like I will be raking in about 1,181 XPY by this time tomorrow! Either that or there is some reporting error.....Hmmm Roll Eyes

Whatever it turns out to be I will post my return for all to see. I have a funny feeling my yield is going to turn out to be maybe just a little less than this prediction... Cheesy

I'm averaging 1.5 xpy a day per s1. Just moved to suchpool.pw as http://paycoin.minerpools.com/ seems to go down a lot. Have been on the backup pool quite a bit with them.

There have been reports of suchpool not paying out however. Not tried it yet.

From rough calculations it looks like it's still more profitable to mine Garzas' folly direct.

Good to have some real miners running again..... Grin

Suchpool pays out fine it just takes a couple of hours to verify the blocks.
Bourbon44

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:26:29 PM

Maybe this has already been posted but can someone give me the exchange for paycoin?

https://coin-swap.net/market/XPY/BTC
https://c-cex.com/?p=xpy-btc

Thanks!
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:27:35 PM

Look at the main page.  Behind the email sign up is a computer and you can clearly see amazon in the picture.

You're right. They also have Best Buy and Newegg on the main page but not in the FAQ.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:28:32 PM

You're right. They also have Best Buy and Newegg on the main page but not in the FAQ.

you mean in that section which specifies BITCOIN?

oh yeah, so they do. how deceptive.  Roll Eyes

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:31:39 PM

Interesting, that FAQ must have just been put up. Buy from Macy's receive from Walmart or vice versa. Is that true, they both retail the same items? Isn't the one a swank store the other for the down-trodden? So you buy a silk undergarment from Macy's and 100% polyester one arrives in a Walmart box with a big smiley card inside saying you saved 99 dollars?

What more interesting is how the savings have magically shifted from

- Since the merchant pays less to process your order, it will cost you less, and so we pass those savings back to you

To now using a shopbot to find the cheapest price possible for the same item. Of course the end user will never realize the true savings at all. They will pocket the difference and disburse a nominal sum to make everyone happy, when you could hit any shopbot yourself and buy direct.  Same way they were touting why would someone pay 20 dollars on the site for a single paycoin when you can go to an exchange and by it for 9 dollars. Oh well, see exchanges don't take credit cards, not everyone knows about exchanges. Just pay the MSRP of 20 dollars, don't worry yourself or exert yourself in order to save more than 50%. Leave that up to is wink wink nudge nudge.

Biggest conjob of 2014 unfolding as we speak. POS as in Piece of Shit.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:34:12 PM

The difference is that BTC is a freely traded asset. Supply/demand have determined the value of Bitcoin. The CEO alone has determined the value of paycoin.

No, the CEO has determined the *initial* value of paycoin, and what he will value it via paybase.  What the markets do and what people want to buy/sell/trade at is their business, and it will stabilize at some point after the initial panic sells and the dust clears.

What makes you think that XPY won't be a freely traded asset, btw?

What I mean is that the price won't be determined by supply/demand, but instead by the set value of $20/coin. Sure the price can go up to $100/coin if the free market decides, but I don't see how that can happen with a currency that has an inflation rate of 400% per year.

With bitcoin, the price may go down to $1/coin which would make many investors sad, but it wouldn't affect the intrinsic value.

Paycoin's intrinsic value is that it's stable/profitable. So when that's gone, all that's left is a bunch of halfassed features nobody really cares about.

Here's an example of what will happen:

Step 1: Investor spends $2.5m to acquire 125,000 paycoins to buy a prime node.

Step 2: After 2 years at 400% apr the investor now has 2,000,000 paycoins

Step 3: Investor thinks that turning $2.5m in to $40m is good enough. dumps $35m worth of paycoins. Scheme collapses.

The problem with this scheme is that the only real value is the promise of profit. Without the "guaranteed" price of $20/coin everything collapses.

There's a problem with your math.  You cannot get a prime controller without the ability to stake 1% of all available coins.  There will be no new prime controllers or changing of hands for at least the next 6 months.  Depending on how many coins shake out of the POS tree, the prime controller owner is going to have to restake a good chunk of their newly minted coins in order to keep the controller.  They can cash out some of the profit coins, but they can't ever call it quits.  They either have to sell the controller, or let it expire and then try to cash out coins, tanking their profits with a sell wall.

125,000 is 1% of all available coins right?

And yes, you cannot spend the coins when staked, but why not after? What's preventing that investor from dumping his entire stash after 2 years? Or multiple investors dumping their stash after 6 months?

There have to be buyers for your 2 million coins in your scenario.  If it's all a scam and fraud... who is going to buy them?

Exactly my question, who is going to buy these coins? (besides GAW who promised to spend $35m propping the price up at $20/coin)

One last question: If you think 400% profit per year from staking is sustainable, why not 1000%? or 10,000%?

Side note: thanks for trying to have a serious discussion. It's not often we can debate with GAW supporters without it immediately degrading to insults.
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:45:20 PM

There will be no new prime controllers or changing of hands for at least the next 6 months.

That's plenty of time for someone (*cough 'CEO'*) to buy a villa somewhere nice and tropical and move there for good. !
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:14:31 PM

you mean in that section which specifies BITCOIN?

oh yeah, so they do. how deceptive.  Roll Eyes

Well he did mention his legal team was his largest dept last week
I was thinking it was to go after FUDSTERS
I didn't know it was to defend his company Tongue

btcshiner

Activity: 478
Merit: 125

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:29:18 PM

Alright, I was eating lunch and decided I just had to see for myself what the return rate of mining XPY really is. I directed an S1 and an S3 @ Multicoin pool and here is what I saw when I looked at the pool stats:

Looks like I will be raking in about 1,181 XPY by this time tomorrow! Either that or there is some reporting error.....Hmmm Roll Eyes

Whatever it turns out to be I will post my return for all to see. I have a funny feeling my yield is going to turn out to be maybe just a little less than this prediction... Cheesy

I'm averaging 1.5 xpy a day per s1. Just moved to suchpool.pw as http://paycoin.minerpools.com/ seems to go down a lot. Have been on the backup pool quite a bit with them.

There have been reports of suchpool not paying out however. Not tried it yet.

From rough calculations it looks like it's still more profitable to mine Garzas' folly direct.

Good to have some real miners running again..... Grin

Suchpool pays out fine it just takes a couple of hours to verify the blocks.

I can confirm I have been getting payments from suchpool.  I think the 1.5 XPY per S1 is a bit on the high side but I have used a couple of pools since I started late Sunday morning.  One still owes me a few XPY and I am sure that Garza is enjoying them now, another kept getting DDOS'd after paying out nicely.  But I have cashed out to a decent profit and I am thankful for that.

If by some chance after a few hours your have more than 5 paycoins please post Paul Revere.  I will move my 1 th/s to that pool.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 10:36:33 PM

so i see the drama keeps on going with father gaw lol always good to come in here and read the empty promises on the days i feel blue and sad Tongue. In all honesty what is new on this forum any positive news or still same old empty promises going on with different day of the week  Huh

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:40:42 PM

What I mean is that the price won't be determined by supply/demand, but instead by the set value of $20/coin. Sure the price can go up to $100/coin if the free market decides, but I don't see how that can happen with a currency that has an inflation rate of 400% per year.

Where are you getting an inflation rate of 400% per year?

With bitcoin, the price may go down to $1/coin which would make many investors sad, but it wouldn't affect the intrinsic value.

I don't think this is the place to debate this, but I find this argument strange.  In order for something to have value, it must be compared to something.  A BTC may always be equal to a BTC, but if the buying power of BTC has changed, then the intrinsic value has changed.

If it used to cost me 0.005 BTC to buy a cup of coffee a week ago, but now it costs me 0.01 BTC to buy that same cup of coffee today... I'm going to be perplexed as to why this "currency" has any value.  It makes it impossible for anyone to make informed buying decisions with the instability of the exchange.

Paycoin's intrinsic value is that it's stable/profitable. So when that's gone, all that's left is a bunch of halfassed features nobody really cares about.

Ok, so you don't think the features are worth anything.  Since they aren't available in BTC, they must be worthless?  Half-assed is debatable.

125,000 is 1% of all available coins right?

125,000 of all available coins at full launch of POS, yes.  But not 6, 18, 24 months from now, no.  You will require a lot more than 125,000 6 months from now to stake your controller to meet that 1% obligation.

And yes, you cannot spend the coins when staked, but why not after? What's preventing that investor from dumping his entire stash after 2 years? Or multiple investors dumping their stash after 6 months?

Nothing I guess if they wanted to.  I think the better question is why would they want to?  If they are true "market makers", it would be self-evident that it would be more valuable to sell the prime controller, including the staking coins, than to try your luck with a huge sell wall on an exchange.

Exactly my question, who is going to buy these coins? (besides GAW who promised to spend $35m propping the price up at $20/coin)

If the coin gains traction, there can and will be purchasers.  If the coin can exhibit stable behavior, the crypto-markets will notice, and people will buy.  Why in the heck do the Chinese buy/sell/trade BTC?  Because it's an investment vehicle and a hedge against other currencies, and well... speculation.

One last question: If you think 400% profit per year from staking is sustainable, why not 1000%? or 10,000%?

I'm assuming you are rounding up to come up with your 400%, because on the "high-end" rate of 0.01 XPY per day is only about 365% per year.  Smiley  But your point is taken.  The quoted range from GAW is from their models of what they expect to make from their prime controller(s).  I suspect it's plural.

And the rate will not stay the same in the next round of 6 months.  I suspect it will start to creep down every round of 6 months, and everyone here will start yelling ponzi at that time because they can't pay out the fabulous rates they had before... similar to the ZenPool debacle.

Side note: thanks for trying to have a serious discussion. It's not often we can debate with GAW supporters without it immediately degrading to insults.

Appreciated, and ditto.

I'm fairly neutral about it, despite my obvious leanings towards GAW.  I just think there needs to be some balance to this thread, and as time goes on and we know more, we can debate the merits of the coin rather than GAW's part in it.  I know I'm not going to change anyone's attitudes here about GAW, they are too far gone in most poster's eyes here.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:43:52 PM

There will be no new prime controllers or changing of hands for at least the next 6 months.

That's plenty of time for someone (*cough 'CEO'*) to buy a villa somewhere nice and tropical and move there for good. !

I'm not worried.  I'm sure the stalkers here will keep me well informed beforehand.  Cheesy

I'm actually glad that some people are doing the digging... but man... some of it is a little creepy.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 10:49:08 PM

so i see the drama keeps on going with father gaw lol always good to come in here and read the empty promises on the days i feel blue and sad Tongue. In all honesty what is new on this forum any positive news or still same old empty promises going on with different day of the week  Huh

When was the last time you were here?

Paycoin is being mined now, making some serious money for miners, trading around $8-10 on exchanges. This ends Saturday.

Paybase Express, which is some kind of a browser plugin for shopping and paying with crypto, has been announced but does not work yet.

Paybase (the real deal) will go live Friday or Saturday, not quite clear what features will it have.

Hashpoints get converted to Paycoin and HashStakers go active Friday or Saturday.
raskul

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:54:53 PM

I'm sure the stalkers here will keep me well informed beforehand.  Cheesy

i think you'll find that as soon as POW is over, you won't ever hear again from a lot of us.
I, for one am only here to scoff at the ridiculous prices your cultists are paying.

who was it said my betarigs prices were too high..?
just got rented.  Cool

galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 11:08:29 PM

I guess Josh´s projections of $75 in a year (or was it 6 months)

still stand so it must be a screaming buy.

raskul

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:16:08 AM

As a thank you to all you lads on Hashtalk for getting me mining again I've had paycoin added to this poll :-

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786993.0

Fill you're boots.

CAP all the way.

interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:50:09 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 01:13:46 AM by interstellar

So I'm just getting caught up so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

But I have a theory about the fact that paycoins are "sold out" on paycoin.com. I think this is completely bull and what really happened is the payment processor shut them down when they found out what the hell they were selling.

There's a reason why it's so damn difficult to even buy bitcoin on your credit card. You literally have to do crazy shit like taking pictures of yourself holding your id to do it on some sites. So why the hell would a payment processor allow some brand new altcoin to be purchased? I think gaw tried to do it on the sly and the processor figured out out and shut them down. Credit card companies are crooks but even they have standards and don't like to sell made-up shit.

One more black eye on gaw. Someone should ask when you will be able to buy coin on the site again? I bet they will be really cagey about it.
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:52:01 AM

It's a gift guys!!!
https://hashtalk.org/topic/23940/small-exhanges-allowing-the-dumping-of-xpy-its-a-gift
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: