Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:35:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you be a bitcoincard re-transmitters?  (Read 4695 times)
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 02:27:56 PM

From the page: http://bitcoincard.org/movement.php

"If Bitcoin succeeds, it is likely that PayPal and Western Union would be removed from the marketplace. The Federal Reserve (and every central bank) would be made redundant. "Disruptive technology" is thus an understatement. "

Remove this, it will probably not happen in 30-40 years anyway if ever. Its just unnecessary to create enemies, and people are afraid of using technology that threatens the society the are used to and believe, works.

Yes. Serious folks who want to do business and develop products keep their ideology to themselves and friends. Statements like this, and attempts to have users directly pay for infrastructure of a secretive, closed-source project, make me very cautious about the card.
At this point I consider it vaporware, and possibly a scam where government-hating sheep are lured in by strong statements like the one above.

I would love to be proven wrong on this one ASAP, and might consider buying a dongle then.
Just because it is inflammatory doesn't make it less true. Bitcoin isn't just a disruptive technology, it is an Extinction Level Event for the cabals of finance and tyranny. PayPal and Western Union better adapt to the new climate, because the dinosaurs are going extinct.
You know that I mostly agree, and it's totally fine to discuss these things with friends or here in the forum. It doesn't belong in a Web site offering a proprietary product. Describe the card and Bitcoin system, and let potential customers and partners draw their own conclusions regarding political and ideological implications. Maybe it's just me.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 02:34:35 PM

"If Bitcoin succeeds, it is likely that PayPal and Western Union would be removed from the marketplace. The Federal Reserve (and every central bank) would be made redundant. "Disruptive technology" is thus an understatement. "

Remove this, it will probably not happen in 30-40 years anyway if ever. Its just unnecessary to create enemies, and people are afraid of using technology that threatens the society the are used to and believe, works.

Yes. Serious folks who want to do business and develop products keep their ideology to themselves and friends. Statements like this, and attempts to have users directly pay for infrastructure of a secretive, closed-source project, make me very cautious about the card.
At this point I consider it vaporware, and possibly a scam where government-hating sheep are lured in by strong statements like the one above.

I would love to be proven wrong on this one ASAP, and might consider buying a dongle then.
Just because it is inflammatory doesn't make it less true. Bitcoin isn't just a disruptive technology, it is an Extinction Level Event for the cabals of finance and tyranny. PayPal and Western Union better adapt to the new climate, because the dinosaurs are going extinct.
You know that I mostly agree, and it's totally fine to discuss these things with friends or here in the forum. It doesn't belong in a Web site offering a proprietary product. Describe the card and Bitcoin system, and let potential customers and partners draw their own conclusions regarding political and ideological implications. Maybe it's just me.
It's not just you. I understand your conservative viewpoint. If this were an IPO for a new fabric softener, then it would be inappropriate to insult your competitor. After all, Big Macs and Quarter Pounders can usually be found within 1000 feet of each other. But this is different. This is a revolution and revolutions need battle cries.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 06:25:16 PM

It's not just you. I understand your conservative viewpoint. If this were an IPO for a new fabric softener, then it would be inappropriate to insult your competitor. After all, Big Macs and Quarter Pounders can usually be found within 1000 feet of each other. But this is different. This is a revolution and revolutions need battle cries.

Big macs and quarter pounders come from the same store...

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 06:59:42 PM

Back on topic

if you didn't already, go place yourself on the map

http://bitcoincard.org/earth/

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:19:31 PM

That could be interesting. I hope their system supports unicode.
Why are you specifically asking for unicode?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:21:56 PM

That could be interesting. I hope their system supports unicode.
Why are you specifically asking for unicode?
Probably to support characters for languages other than English.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:49:52 PM

Back on topic

I don't get it: all I can do is place a gateway. I don't have a gateway.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:51:21 PM

Back on topic

I don't get it: all I can do is place a gateway. I don't have a gateway.
It's to gauge interest; if you are willing and able to run one, put your location. You would still need to buy it whenever they decide to release it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 11:05:37 PM

Yes.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: