Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:56:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinary.com - The new smart way to buy and sell Bitcoins.  (Read 26492 times)
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 11:21:10 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2012, 01:58:18 AM by thezerg

Seems to be an issue "entering into trade".  There's basically an issue around that whole thing which is that in one trade I managed to do the whole thing over PM and never got the chance to "enter into a trade" and therefore leave a review (I assume).

In the other txn I get a button but when I click through the "yes I agree" screen I get this 404:

The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

Also a way to remove trades would be nice! :-)  But anyway, great site!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 12:06:01 AM

If you add the tag system correctly ( as I'm suggesting ), it doesn't matter which currency is on postepay or any others ( like dwolla )
No one is going to add "postepay" with "usd" currency.
It will works everytime, without any other action by you/developer.
Users will add by themself their own-country money-services.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 12:56:16 AM

The website looks terrific, and the concept is excellent as well, but it won't let me register.

Says "Something went wrong" after hitting Create an Account.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 03:24:35 AM

The website looks terrific, and the concept is excellent as well, but it won't let me register.

Same here. That's no fun to try to register Little Bobby Tables when the service doesn't work at all Sad

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 06:13:53 AM

Ok now I linked my diverse accounts but how do I register my other 4 prepaid phones and my other 4 email addresses to add extra trust? I also would like to add my 150 facebook accounts that I bought cheap last year and the twitter accounts. Actually I happen to have access to 6.5 million linkedin accounts I'd like to add Smiley

Ok, seriously, these trust thingies are nice and well integrated but I saw I was logged in with my January-2012 twitter account while I have also a 2009(?) account. How can I change it.
Also why not link the facebook account openly when you already use the facebook hosted profile pic that via tineye would lead to the facebook account even if self-hosted without the facebook-id plain open in the image source?

Should I be thankful you did not disclose my twitter and email like you disclosed my facebook id or is disclosing these just not yet implemented?

Ok, great, now that I tested you and found you don't treat my privacy with the due respect, I would like to delete my facebook connection and as this does not work I would like to delete my account. Great, even that does not work. Maybe there is some undocumented way to do that? Hmm …

I want a service where I can disclose a set of information only to my direct trading partners upon request but your site discloses them to even google crawlers.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 06:20:21 AM

Ok now I linked my diverse accounts but how do I register my other 4 prepaid phones and my other 4 email addresses to add extra trust? I also would like to add my 150 facebook accounts that I bought cheap last year and the twitter accounts. Actually I happen to have access to 6.5 million linkedin accounts I'd like to add Smiley

Ok, seriously, these trust thingies are nice and well integrated but I saw I was logged in with my January-2012 twitter account while I have also a 2009(?) account. How can I change it.
Also why not link the facebook account openly when you already use the facebook hosted profile pic that via tineye would lead to the facebook account even if self-hosted without the facebook-id plain open in the image source?

Should I be thankful you did not disclose my twitter and email like you disclosed my facebook id or is disclosing these just not yet implemented?

Ok, great, now that I tested you and found you don't treat my privacy with the due respect, I would like to delete my facebook connection and as this does not work I would like to delete my account. Great, even that does not work. Maybe there is some undocumented way to do that? Hmm …

I want a service where I can disclose a set of information only to my direct trading partners upon request but your site discloses them to even google crawlers.

I didnt want everyone having my facebook details either so I deleted the bitcoinary app untill I can choose to only share it with the people I am trading with Smiley

dogisland (OP)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 07:36:16 AM

how does the site make $?  Is there a fee?

I've not implemented the fees yet. Current thinking is 0.5 - 1% paid by the market maker.

At the moment it's free while I iron out any issues and add the features people are already asking for.

Is 1% a promised max? If your fees exceed 1% I would not bother registering. Actually I just registered but don't get my activation mail.

edit: thinking of it, as long as you don't handle money yourself, I don't see why you should take such a high cut at all. 1% capped at 1$ would seam more reasonable to me. Also I don't see how you would enforce any fees if the deals happen person to person for cash.

I've got a make a living, so 1% capped at $1 would be great if volumes are huge. I don't see any need to go over 1%.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 08:01:32 AM

I didnt want everyone having my facebook details either so I deleted the bitcoinary app untill I can choose to only share it with the people I am trading with Smiley

I think I remember I granted access, but at https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/apps it is not listed!? Do I have to block it? What's its name?

ɃɃ
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 09:06:07 AM

I think I remember I granted access, but at https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/apps it is not listed!? Do I have to block it? What's its name?

In your "account settings" there should be  a link to  "applications" and you can see which ones have access.

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:19:44 AM

Also I don't see how you would enforce any fees if the deals happen person to person for cash.

Best strategy would be to charge the market maker for the ability to receive a rating. So say a market maker sells something but wants +rep for his account then he needs to pay a small fee to be able to receive +rep, if he doesn't pay, he can still make a trade, he just can't increase his reputation.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
dogisland (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:44:17 AM

I don't know why I didn't do it like that, I'll be changing it over to make it more private in the next few days. Thanks.
dogisland (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:45:37 AM

Also I don't see how you would enforce any fees if the deals happen person to person for cash.

Best strategy would be to charge the market maker for the ability to receive a rating. So say a market maker sells something but wants +rep for his account then he needs to pay a small fee to be able to receive +rep, if he doesn't pay, he can still make a trade, he just can't increase his reputation.

Also a great idea, that's how I'll implement fees. Thanks for this.
istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 01:58:19 PM

Also a great idea, that's how I'll implement fees. Thanks for this.

Another way would be to not get access to the reviews unless you pay.
Thus you are taking a risc by not paying.
Its in both the seller and buyers interest to get access to this info.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 02:55:48 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2012, 03:17:16 PM by HostFat

Anyway, you should still show the number of transactions.

Also, I can't close/cancel a trade.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 04:16:49 PM

In your "account settings" there should be  a link to  "applications" and you can see which ones have access.

Deep link should work also: http://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications (although it seams bitcoinary nuked itself so I can't check if it works to remove the pic.)

ɃɃ
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 05:22:53 PM

I tried signing up but didn't get very far.  Observations so far:

* "Send Money To Another Country ?" has a space before the question mark which bugs me.

* https://www.bitcoinary.com/en/users/sign_up selects the 2nd input field by default, "email".  Why not start at the top?

* After filling in the signup form and submitting it, all I got was "We're sorry, but something went wrong."  Would be nice if you told me what kind of a something.  Was my 32 character password too long for you?  I tried again with 'fred' and it gave me a properly formatted error page, with "is too short (minimum is 6 characters)".  I tried using shorter and shorter passwords, but even a 6 character password still gives me the same "something went wrong" screen.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gilgil

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 05:48:04 PM

Great site with great potential!

I would love to:
1. Be able to edit / remove a trade that I have opened
2. Search for a buy / sell trade with a filter (minimum reputation of counter-party, payment currency, etc.) and get an order book (similar to Mt.Gox's) based on open orders that qualify.

I'm sure that people will be willing to donate for you to be able to polish up the site full-time, and be refunded (or not) by fee discount later when things get going.

Keep up the good work!

Bitrated user: gil.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 05:54:12 PM

I would love to:
1. Be able to edit / remove a trade that I have opened

Editing! is most important in most things that I can enter in this shitty site. Sorry to call it shitty. I see potential but you failed to advertise it as "hey i need alpha testers". Don't go public without warning your users like that. I copied the Note of another user and forgot to delete his mail and phone number from it. Now I'm stuck not being able to fix that, delete this trade, delete my account!?!? WTF? Even trading with him to make the trade disappear does not work for a bug.

edit: it's trade 47. please remove the contact stuff or the whole #47.

ɃɃ
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 06:08:57 PM

Same here

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
MadSweeney

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 03:25:55 AM

This is a good idea. I hope the signup page gets fixed soon.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: