Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◥TALK◥15%◣bitcointalk(💬) est✪2014★yr4✪ [btc]💬  (Read 125323 times)
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 03:34:28 PM

A hardfork is another coin/project.
Why not both the original chain, and a new spinoff?

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 05:47:28 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 08:36:50 PM by George5

Ok, guys Crypto Talk Discord , join there.

Joined, thanks Smiley

A hardfork is another coin/project.
Why not both the original chain, and a new spinoff?

Make sense. Like ETH and ETC for example.
But who is going to be developing and maintaining the old chain?
I can't tell for other users but I will most likely stop running the old client so support the network and switch to a new one.

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
Blockchain Mechanic

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 04:40:39 AM

The vast majority of Pos code ot there is painfully outdated. Because of this i had to re-think my strategy and started from a fresh bitcoin 18.0. To fully add Pos and test it takes time, please bear with me.

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 01:46:48 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2019, 11:03:21 AM by four3200

Make sense. Like ETH and ETC for example.
But who is going to be developing and maintaining the old chain?
I can't tell for other users but I will most likely stop running the old client so support the network and switch to a new one.

For the old chain just let's see what happens.
If it can grow to 100+ nodes on average it might be worth seeking updates.
Otherwise it has worked thus far, let's see how far it can keep going.

I still have on offer the update bounty, and that will continue to stand.
@BlockchainMechanic, I would consider you as reserved status to claim that bounty, whenever, many months from now or next week.  Otherwise if you pass and another capable dev steps up then that's who

---
http://loyce.club/trust/ranking/

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
George5
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 02:38:02 AM

The vast majority of Pos code ot there is painfully outdated. Because of this i had to re-think my strategy and started from a fresh bitcoin 18.0. To fully add Pos and test it takes time, please bear with me.

It's ok, take your time.

BTW, wanted to ask: Will TALK be forked into Crypto Talk - the project you are developing?

Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 10:53:01 AM

It's ok, take your time.

BTW, wanted to ask: Will TALK be forked into Crypto Talk - the project you are developing?

Lol, I am not developing the project, they simply asked me to get them a good up to date vanilla PoW codebase. I'd rather not link the two projects anymore, there are fundamental differences that cannot be resolved. the code for TALK is about 80% done and i hope to get it done by monday. testing during the week.

When i'm feeling tired i have been researching stuff... i may have come up with a method for P2P end to end encrypted messaging. my next step is to see if this patch can be made to be operable between different blockchains, ie send an encrypted message to any user on any chain that has the code.

Equality vs Equity...
George5
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 05:07:02 PM

Lol, I am not developing the project, they simply asked me to get them a good up to date vanilla PoW codebase. I'd rather not link the two projects anymore, there are fundamental differences that cannot be resolved. the code for TALK is about 80% done and i hope to get it done by monday. testing during the week.

When i'm feeling tired i have been researching stuff... i may have come up with a method for P2P end to end encrypted messaging. my next step is to see if this patch can be made to be operable between different blockchains, ie send an encrypted message to any user on any chain that has the code.

Hey thanks for the update! P2P end to end encrypted messaging sounds really great Shocked  Hopefully it works out.

mmedinas

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 01:29:21 PM

Hello everyone.

Very good that we have a real developer working in our coin (I tried to make some corrections in the wallet but I got stuck in some points, but I'm not a developer, just a curious one).

On the points proposed by Blockchain Mechanic:

I think cutting a zero now would not be ideal, as George5 said, we have very few coins in circulation, at the current price less than 1 btc would buy the entire amount outstanding.

I also have caveats about increasing the reward, investors will initially buy, but will immediately sell the reward, the higher and faster this reward the higher will be the selling pressure on the price.

About Poloniex, do you think it would be possible for them to make their wallet available so we could do some airdrop, bounty for some tasks and maybe fund development?

the encrypted p2p chat is really great feature, can increase interest by talk.

anyway it is very good to see that after so much time we are moving forward here.

Regards.

Ps.: Sorry for some error in the text, English is not my native language.

available space
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 10:01:42 AM

Hey thanks for the update! P2P end to end encrypted messaging sounds really great Shocked  Hopefully it works out.

Basic Wallet is now in testing ! The encrypted chat is still some time away (started coding that yesterday).

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 10:07:16 AM

Hello everyone.

Very good that we have a real developer working in our coin (I tried to make some corrections in the wallet but I got stuck in some points, but I'm not a developer, just a curious one).

On the points proposed by Blockchain Mechanic:

I think cutting a zero now would not be ideal, as George5 said, we have very few coins in circulation, at the current price less than 1 btc would buy the entire amount outstanding.

I also have caveats about increasing the reward, investors will initially buy, but will immediately sell the reward, the higher and faster this reward the higher will be the selling pressure on the price.

About Poloniex, do you think it would be possible for them to make their wallet available so we could do some airdrop, bounty for some tasks and maybe fund development?

the encrypted p2p chat is really great feature, can increase interest by talk.

anyway it is very good to see that after so much time we are moving forward here.

Regards.

Ps.: Sorry for some error in the text, English is not my native language.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I think the final decision will likely be to not remove the zero and continue as is. The one thing i'd ask of the community is that after the new chain kicks in, let's get it listed on even more exchanges.

I myself have an exchange integrated into my platform and will add TALK to the list

Equality vs Equity...
George5
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 07:46:00 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I think the final decision will likely be to not remove the zero and continue as is. The one thing i'd ask of the community is that after the new chain kicks in, let's get it listed on even more exchanges.

I myself have an exchange integrated into my platform and will add TALK to the list

I support keeping that zero Smiley

As for the exchange listing, that might be a bit challenging at first because the community is too tiny right now and needs to grow so that its members got enough voices when applying for exchange listings.

P.S. What is the planned date for the snapshot?

Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 02:06:20 PM

It would be interesting to see this coin accepted here in the forum and we can have access to information that usually only VIP has. I wonder if the creator of this coin thought of something like that?
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 11:35:01 AM

Hello
I am the new developer who has been asked to re-vive TALK coin and breathe some new life into it. To this end I am updating the rather outdated source code to match the very latest bitcoin source ie 0.19. To streamline the process, make further updates simple and also to introduce new features , i am doing a 1:1 blockchain swap. To facilitate the swap, a snapshot of all balances on the blockchain is scehduled for Monday 15 July 2019 at 00:00 GMT, after the snapshot is made the new blockchain will become active at 00:10. the source code and binaries  will be available on github and i will post it publicly after the swap is completed.

If you have any questions please let me know and i'll be happy to answer them.

Sent to nova exchange.

The code is ready and waiting for the swap to happen. Further, we will be leaving this thread and starting a new one under an account which at least 3 active community members will have access to ensure that  the OP can always be updated and that users, new and old alike can easily get the latest information.

NOTE:- make sure that you do not transact after SUNDAY 23:00 GMT , if you are unlucky, your transaction may not reflect

Equality vs Equity...
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 08:32:29 PM

Hello
I am the new developer who has been asked to re-vive TALK coin and breathe some new life into it. To this end I am updating the rather outdated source code to match the very latest bitcoin source ie 0.19. To streamline the process, make further updates simple and also to introduce new features , i am doing a 1:1 blockchain swap. To facilitate the swap, a snapshot of all balances on the blockchain is scehduled for Monday 15 July 2019 at 00:00 GMT, after the snapshot is made the new blockchain will become active at 00:10. the source code and binaries  will be available on github and i will post it publicly after the swap is completed.

Sent to nova exchange.

The code is ready and waiting for the swap to happen. Further, we will be leaving this thread and starting a new one under an account which at least 3 active community members will have access to ensure that  the OP can always be updated and that users, new and old alike can easily get the latest information.

NOTE:- make sure that you do not transact after SUNDAY 23:00 GMT , if you are unlucky, your transaction may not reflect

What does "transact" mean?  Are you saying you're only giving TALK holders a short amount of time to swap?

Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 10:12:54 PM

Hello

Sent to nova exchange.

What does "transact" mean?  Are you saying you're only giving TALK holders a short amount of time to swap?

It means do not send any coins. If your coins are not confirmed at snapshot time, they may not reflect on the new chain.

This is not a user-side swap, it's on developer side, current balances will be mapped to now chain, users need only download the new wallet at release, plug in old wallet.dat and boom! your coins will be there waiting for you.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 10:13:50 PM

Nova has responded :-

Hi

Please send us an official announcement regarding the swap so that we can assure the request, and make sure to fill in this google questionnaire:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBqfhg8IldxWvZ4pmdQmR08WL7GEKE_miSLPUdhnkXqlX7Lw/viewform

The swap fee is 0.1 BTC, but since Bitcoin is at such a price, we can reduce the fee to 0.05 BTC.

Let us know if you would like to proceed.
Regards from the Nova Support Team

Equality vs Equity...
George5
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 10:28:47 PM

Sent to nova exchange.

Hey thanks for the update! I can be one of the 3 users to update the OP Smiley

Hi

Please send us an official announcement regarding the swap so that we can assure the request, and make sure to fill in this google questionnaire:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBqfhg8IldxWvZ4pmdQmR08WL7GEKE_miSLPUdhnkXqlX7Lw/viewform

The swap fee is 0.1 BTC, but since Bitcoin is at such a price, we can reduce the fee to 0.05 BTC.

I'm willing to contribute 0.02BTC to that amount.

Lets go, TALK community! Anyone else wants to chip in? Roll Eyes

Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2019, 01:08:26 AM

Sent to nova exchange.

Hey thanks for the update! I can be one of the 3 users to update the OP Smiley

Hi

I'm willing to contribute 0.02BTC to that amount.

Lets go, TALK community! Anyone else wants to chip in? Roll Eyes

Thanks !

People arent responsive so far though ....

Equality vs Equity...
mmedinas

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:36:13 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2019, 12:03:11 AM by mmedinas

I can contribute with 0,015BTC

available space
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 06:12:50 PM

The whole crypto world is waiting in anticipation for the upgrade of the official BitcoinTalk Coin wallet upgrade!   Smiley

The forum that Satoshi himself started.

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: