Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:45:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304621 times)
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:56:20 AM

Has anyone used the same strategy if you are a day trader on doing real stocks, applied it back here on btc?

I`m not a current day trader, but I been learning about a setup called trend line setup. Problem is I dont think the same tools can be applied on these exchanges unless there was something similar built for it like think or swim.

Like drawing lines and stop loss points, and all the other things I need.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
darkmind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:31:38 PM

my trading exp: calculating the instant ratios of btc/ltc/usd and jumping in and out for all 3 at the right times made me about $35 with about $350 since yesterday, 10% profit

resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:45:56 PM

I also am doing the same, playing with ratios and avoid playing with usd right now. You can try it, this will give your mind more time to analyse the coins and understand the value they have between each other, and pattern brake you will notice it. Even if you are a good trader I would avoid selling into usd for now

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
cokkapaga
Legendary

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 12:38:13 AM

I dont have trading strategy
just buy low and sell high
but need patience for that.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████▄
▄███████████▀    ▀███████████▄
███████████▀        ▀█    ██████
██████████▀                ███████
█████████▀      ▄██▄        ████████
▄███████▀      ▄█▀  ▀█▄      ▀███████▄
██████▀      ▄█▀      ▀█▄      ▀██████
█████▄     ▄█▀    ▄ ▄   ▀█▄     ▄█████
███████▄ ▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄ ▄███████
█████████▀       █   ██     ▀█████████
▀████████        █████       ████████▀
████████        █   ██      ████████
███████       ██████       ███████
██████         ▀ ▀        ██████
▀████                    ████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

Alt.Estate

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████
  TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
montreal

Activity: 328

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:37:45 AM

A mixture of my own poor technical analysis, tight stops so I never get rekt, and forming a consensus around the current sentiment of a group of 5-10 traders who I respect. Overall I'm down from trading alts a while ago, but that was a valuable lesson and I'm better off now.

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:40:31 AM

Sell sell lady's and gentlemen it is time to sell the end is near we are about to witness a dumpage, all those who want to make profit do the opposite to what i have just said because i am down thousands so my trading strategy is usles but i maybe right this time so i am of to sell now good luck guys  Grin 

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:43:56 AM

look at this article, it will help you for better trading results:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billconerly/2014/04/14/high-frequency-trading-explained-simply/

Strategy released on Forbes is usually have seriously outdated

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
coyne1981

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:40:46 PM

Use a good indicator and stick with it.

Whats that indicator? I dont see how one would decide on how the trend will go up or down with that. Can you explain?

Sorry for the late reply. That is an indicator I coded on tradingview. The trend is determined by the green and red background. Green you should be long and red short. The bars over the red/green indicate profit for each particular trade.

Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:47:27 AM

Whats that indicator? I dont see how one would decide on how the trend will go up or down with that. Can you explain?

Sorry for the late reply. That is an indicator I coded on tradingview. The trend is determined by the green and red background. Green you should be long and red short. The bars over the red/green indicate profit for each particular trade.

How should I custom make my own personalized chart by tradingview?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 11:06:02 AM

Is your code public so that one can see the indicitors you use?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
coyne1981

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:18:42 PM

How should I custom make my own personalized chart by tradingview?

Do you mean your own indicator or just a chart setup up the way you like? A chart setup is pretty easy and just a matter of preference. An indicator you need some knowledge of coding. Tradingview uses pine script which kind of sucks in my opinion but it gets the job done. They have a big help/tutorial section on pine.

coyne1981

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:25:11 PM

I haven't made it public because when you do that, and many people start to use one indicator, it will not be profitable anymore. I guess I should have elaborated a bit in my original post replying to "what is your trading strategy". I should have said create or modify an indicator and use that. Using common indicators everyone else uses will leave you in the dust trading. 

Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:03:01 PM

I HODL and buy when Bitcoin is "dead". Seems to work most of the time. I also attemped doing day trading, I lost alot of money from that.
steven.G999

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:11:23 PM

I usually wear a strategy, see a large enough volume on the coin and the coin price drops below 20%, then I buy it and sell it when the price has gone up. and it is enough work for me Smiley
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:52:45 PM

My strategy towards Bitcoin is to never go beneath the current amount of Bitcoin I have for no more than a week or so. I always try to keep around the same amount or increase the amount I have. If I get beneath my current amount and wait a few weeks to buy, I could be losing 100's of dollars.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 08:38:51 AM

I haven't made it public because when you do that, and many people start to use one indicator, it will not be profitable anymore. I guess I should have elaborated a bit in my original post replying to "what is your trading strategy". I should have said create or modify an indicator and use that. Using common indicators everyone else uses will leave you in the dust trading. 

So you come over here just to say that you have a profitable trading strategy, but, at the same time, you refuse to reveal the gory details? What is the logic behind your strategy?

coyne1981

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:28:53 PM

So you come over here just to say that you have a profitable trading strategy, but, at the same time, you refuse to reveal the gory details? What is the logic behind your strategy?

Not sure if any details would be "gory", lol. But yes, create your own indicator and you have a good shot at making profits. If you have an idea and would like some assistance I'm happy to help.

networthsigns

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:51:57 PM

I HODL and buy when Bitcoin is "dead". Seems to work most of the time. I also attemped doing day trading, I lost alot of money from that.

This is a smart trader and this is what the best of the best do, there is a saying 'when there is blood on the streets' it is time to buy! Rothschild.

I see Bitcoin in my local area for a premium and then i buy back in on the next dip i kind of do the same as you except when its 'dead' i am buying back in as i don't have much left lol

Basically the old rule buy low sell high find a place you can sell high mine is cash in my local area
EsaEzekiel

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:17:32 AM

just buy low and sell high. very simple.
and on days with high volume trading can be very profitable.

Exactly, there is no other "method" for trading.  This is the only way you can trade and be profitable.
this is the most general way, but very practical  Wink
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:11:05 AM

just buy low and sell high. very simple.
and on days with high volume trading can be very profitable.
Saying is easy than doing! Otherwise every one is getting rich quickly!

Exactly, there is no other "method" for trading.  This is the only way you can trade and be profitable.
this is the most general way, but very practical  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: