Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:53:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304621 times)
bb2ebb

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 01:47:37 PM

don't panic friends  Grin
if you have a money, you can buy bitcoin again, whereas if you not have a money you can wait until the price goes to up  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:28:59 PM

I am not that good at trading as I don't use TP or SL, but I just trade the breakouts based on the trendlines I have set into my charts...
It's lot profitable, but as I said, when I start losing I lose a lot becoz of no profit/no loss level set...

Same with me, I dont use TP or SL, Just use Pivot indicator to see support and resistent and wait for 3 candles (triangle strategy) to open posisiton.

FTFY... Smiley
I also use MACD and Volumes, but mainly I don't trade using any indicators as these trend lines only give me awesome opportunities to trade...
But these indicators are only applied to the strong obvious trend line.

yes, i think trend lines very nice to see market uptrend or downtrend
but i never use it. i just using Vipot, RSI and MA for analysis.
These strategies are specially applied well to the strong market movement. We need patience to wait the opportunity.
sores

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:59:29 PM

Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/ZkMo9ZC.png

I feel very sad again when see the screenshot
just less than half a year ago the bitcoin price is double than now, but i bought half a bag bitcoin that time.

I guess all we can do is sit and wait until the next (financial) crisis hits. Consider bitcoin an OTM put option  Grin.
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:32:09 AM

Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

I feel very sad again when see the screenshot
just less than half a year ago the bitcoin price is double than now, but i bought half a bag bitcoin that time.

I guess all we can do is sit and wait until the next (financial) crisis hits. Consider bitcoin an OTM put option  Grin.

my thoughts on this imgage is, that we were depressed when $460 down to $390, but we were so happy when the price from $220 trun to $250

really wonderful feeling

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
coyne1981

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:45:51 PM

havent been trading lately. Missed this signal. Damn....

grandFX
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:21:27 PM

I am not that good at trading as I don't use TP or SL, but I just trade the breakouts based on the trendlines I have set into my charts...
It's lot profitable, but as I said, when I start losing I lose a lot becoz of no profit/no loss level set...

Same with me, I dont use TP or SL, Just use Pivot indicator to see support and resistent and wait for 3 candles (triangle strategy) to open posisiton.

FTFY... Smiley
I also use MACD and Volumes, but mainly I don't trade using any indicators as these trend lines only give me awesome opportunities to trade...

These strategies are specially applied well to the strong market movement. We need patience to wait the opportunity.

yes, of course . patience is very important for a trader
and just patience, we could get the chance to make a profit.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:25:31 AM

FTFY... Smiley

yes, of course . patience is very important for a trader
and just patience, we could get the chance to make a profit.
Yes thats right . We should have patience. We have to wait that the line go upward so that we can make a big profit.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:15:42 AM

trade is usually made of "waves" little or big one, i usually follow those wave, when a drop wave start i buy a little, and when a rise wave begins i dump a little, then i repeat the processe if the trend continue in tthe way it starter/initiated

i prefer to dump/pump small amount for every range the drop/rise begins, i don't if this is a good strategy, i just come up with it recently
dulldog

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:00:19 PM

I'm a little out of topic but are there any cool btc traders or even maybe online-services to invest in? I mean I'm no trader but wanna try this market by means of professionals.

Are you trying to stay exclusively with trading? Or just want to invest BTC in something that has a good chance of being profitable?

I meant the second idea you expressed, thanks for the good question Smiley

Probably you can invest in https://www.jua.com/, which claims "Your Coin Deposit In JUA Will Gain Interest Continuously." Or you can invest in the BTC ETF.

Thank you! Gonna look through that one!

I'm a little out of topic but are there any cool btc traders or even maybe online-services to invest in? I mean I'm no trader but wanna try this market by means of professionals.

What is your criterion for telling between cool and... well, not so cool traders? Are you impying that you would want to give your money into trust management operated by some "cool btc trader" out there?

Well, I guess I thought something like that, but operated online and automated by some trusted website. I don't know how to call it, maybe I'm just making stuff up here Undecided but I thought something like that might exist..

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:40:33 PM

I don't agree with that. The best strategy is to mine and sell immediately. If you wait you will mostly lose money because most coin's value falls longterm (current trend troughout all crypto coins).

Mine is simple and the best. Buy low, wait, sell high.  Tongue

Scamalert

Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:37:29 PM

My trading strategy is very simple, it has two elements:

1. Never spend or lose any bitcoins. Every single satoshi I have ever recevied is going into cold storage and will not be spend.

2. Never get scammed.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:48:20 PM

Trading is just like gambling. So we can't always gain profit on it. But if we are in luck , we can get a profit through historical chart.
Maybe start trading with stable altcoin with higher chance to raise up. (Stellar,doge,Clam,etc)

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
grandFX
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:58:06 AM

Trading is just like gambling. So we can't always gain profit on it. But if we are in luck , we can get a profit through historical chart.
Maybe start trading with stable altcoin with higher chance to raise up. (Stellar,doge,Clam,etc)

dont agree with you, if trading is just like gambling. yeah we cant always gain profit because any risk and return
but trading we need analysis and strategy, if gambling is just luck.
Dotakels

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:15:41 AM

dont agree with you, if trading is just like gambling. yeah we cant always gain profit because any risk and return
me too. Trading is not a gambling. Trading is just like you giving you they need and giving they your need.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:20:43 AM

My strategy is different, I tried to do day trading, but some times its not profitable so I will hold it until its get worse or advantage, if its gone worse, then I try to average it, but the problem in btc, price move up and down very quickly... so some times our stop loss also never works...

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 11:50:56 AM

As other posters have noted, trading per se is far from gambling. But you have a point, though not where you could expect it. In cryptocoins trading you never know the exact moment the exchange will scam on you, but you can be sure that it will in the end. So, like gambling, it is not a question of if but rather when you lose your entire deposit...

hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:50:43 PM

My strategy is different, I tried to do day trading, but some times its not profitable so I will hold it until its get worse or advantage, if its gone worse, then I try to average it, but the problem in btc, price move up and down very quickly... so some times our stop loss also never works...
I have to say your strategy is not applied in the bear market! If the price is none stop declining, you still try to average the cost! Then you will run out your capital soon!
grandFX
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:05:32 PM

me too. Trading is not a gambling. Trading is just like you giving you they need and giving they your need.

yes, thats right.
I never think about that, if trading is just like gambling. because gambling no need strategy to get profit, but just luck.
Dotakels

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:19:27 AM

yes, thats right.
I never think about that, if trading is just like gambling. because gambling no need strategy to get profit, but just luck.
Trading is not gambling.  You will not lose in trading you outweigh but if you are real trader you wouldn't outweigh.  In gambling your money have a chance to lose and you can earn a big profit but 50%-50% your chance to win. Or they says that, its all depend on your luck but i didn't believe in luck.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:49:27 AM

I dont agree. Trading is not like a gambling, its far from gambling and we always can get a profit no matter how much it is because we always buy from bottom and sell it on top that means we always will get profit by that. And we dont need any luck when we do trading, just need you to be cautios when you are going to buy and give a little effort and skill to do it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: