Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Donating to the Zimmerman Defense Fund  (Read 8532 times)
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:04:13 PM

Yeah, great witness you have there.  Folks who actually saw it disagree with her account, as due the clear facts that Zimmerman was injured.

Witnesses split 50-50, and don't remember anything of value. Until they actually testify it's irrelevant. Drugs are irrelevant.

But that Zimmerman lied to the judge is very relevant. That's pretty much the only fact we have right now. That's a huge victory for the prosecutor.

No, we have plenty of other facts, like Zimmerman's medical report and the photos of his injury, that clearly call into question the statements of anyone who said Martin was not beating Zimmerman.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:16:01 PM

No, we have plenty of other facts, like Zimmerman's medical report and the photos of his injury, that clearly call into question the statements of anyone who said Martin was not beating Zimmerman.

These are open to interpretation. They prove nothing so far. All facts are sealed at this moment.

This case will be mostly based on finding lies in Zimmerman's testimony.
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:18:21 PM

Yeah, great witness you have there.  Folks who actually saw it disagree with her account, as due the clear facts that Zimmerman was injured.

Witnesses split 50-50, and don't remember anything of value. Until they actually testify it's irrelevant. Drugs are irrelevant.

But that Zimmerman lied to the judge is very relevant. That's pretty much the only fact we have right now. That's a huge victory for the prosecutor.

Zimmerman's report holds little weight since it came from a 'personal doctor' and not a court or police appointed examiner, while the EMTs found no injuries that warranted a hospital visit.
Rarity

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:35:17 PM

You don't necessarily need a hospital visit for these injuries, but they are plenty severe enough to show he was being beaten. 

"NUH-UH, THE DOCTOR IS A LIAR!" is not exactly an argument I can refute, but it's also not one that I think should be taken seriously either.  Doctors aren't likely to lie and put their entire career and freedom at risk just to help one random patient get out of a murder charge. 

A neighbor told ABC News that the day after the shooting he saw Zimmerman as he spoke to officers outside his home. He too recalled seeing black eyes and significant swelling -- as well as a bandage over his nose.

Criminal mastermind Zimmerman has convinced his neighbors and doctors to lie to cover up his murder!  And then he convinced the police to photoshop up the images that clearly show the injuries! 

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:37:26 PM

Let me join this WTF thread.  

WTF!  

1) Somebody smart enough to find this forum and be interested in bitcoins thinks drug prohibition could help limit violence.  

Wow.  Just wow.  There's proof positive that somebody can be smart in one area and stone dumb in another.  Either that, or somebody has a secret agenda.  

2)  "We have chosen to use PayPal to collect donations because they offer secure transactions, they have a strong reputation for online monetary transactions, and they are a trusted third-party."

Wow.  Looks like GZ is going to have a tough time if his legal defense fund can jump to this kind of conclusion.  Either that, or somebody has a secret agenda.  

3)  A real answer for the OP, assuming this is not about spreading FUD:   Use coinopault.  Send money to whomever you like.  

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:41:53 PM

Why the fuck did you guys have to start ANOTHER thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76129.0

Can this please be moved to off-topic, it isn't in any way related to Bitcoin Discussion, as much as OP would like it to be.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Rarity

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 07:00:40 PM

1) Somebody smart enough to find this forum and be interested in bitcoins thinks drug prohibition could help limit violence.  

Wow.  Just wow.  There's proof positive that somebody can be smart in one area and stone dumb in another.  Either that, or somebody has a secret agenda.  

You need to open your mind to the truth.  Take a look at a nation like Singapore with strong drug enforcement and law enforcement in general...violent crime is extremely rare.  When you let people poison their minds with addictive junk, it's not a shock that they end up violent or criminal.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 07:01:38 PM

Looks like a lot of people here have fallen into the MSM's trap.

Other people have been shot today. This is no different.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
JeffK

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 08:03:05 PM

You don't necessarily need a hospital visit for these injuries, but they are plenty severe enough to show he was being beaten. 

"NUH-UH, THE DOCTOR IS A LIAR!" is not exactly an argument I can refute, but it's also not one that I think should be taken seriously either.  Doctors aren't likely to lie and put their entire career and freedom at risk just to help one random patient get out of a murder charge. 

A neighbor told ABC News that the day after the shooting he saw Zimmerman as he spoke to officers outside his home. He too recalled seeing black eyes and significant swelling -- as well as a bandage over his nose.

Criminal mastermind Zimmerman has convinced his neighbors and doctors to lie to cover up his murder!  And then he convinced the police to photoshop up the images that clearly show the injuries! 

So the EMT report and the pictures of him without black eyes mean nothing, but an ABC news interview with an anonymous neighbor does?

Also Florida is pretty much the place to go if you are an unethical doctor looking to make bank off your lack of morals.
JeffK

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 08:04:03 PM

You need to open your mind to the truth.  Take a look at a nation like Singapore with strong drug enforcement and law enforcement in general...violent crime is extremely rare.  When you let people poison their minds with addictive junk, it's not a shock that they end up violent or criminal.

Drugs are fun and I havent killed anyone yet, no harm no foul
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 08:15:29 PM

It is shocking to me that people who have not followed this case at all think they have enough information to come to an informed conclusion.

It's shocking to me how easily people like you jump to conclusions.  (He had a lighter on him, so he must have just taken drugs!)  Luckily, I base my conclusions on facts alone.
The autopsy showed he had used drugs. And he was suspended from school for drugs. That is not why he was shot though. He was shot for attempting to murder someone. Yes. Pounding someones head against the pavement is attempted murder.
If anyone tried to do that to me they would be dead in seconds. If you disagree, then what should one do while having your head smashed in?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Rarity

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 08:38:10 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 08:53:27 PM by Rarity

So the EMT report and the pictures of him without black eyes mean nothing, but an ABC news interview with an anonymous neighbor does?

You really should not to try and overrule what the doctors he saw say happened if you don't understand that bruises don't always appear instantly.  What the EMS saw was consistent with what Zimmerman said happened, that he had been beaten on the face and had his head slammed into the concrete, which is also consistent with what his neighbor saw the next day.  Or hey, maybe ABC made up the story from the neighbor. The conspiracy grows!

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-05-18/justice/justice_florida-teen-shooting_1_witness-interview-person/4?_s=PM:JUSTICE
According to a report from the Sanford Fire Department, released Thursday, Zimmerman had "abrasions to his forehead," "bleeding/tenderness to his nose" and a "small laceration to the back of his head" when emergency personnel arrived at the scene at 7:27 p.m., six minutes after they were first called.

Also Florida is pretty much the place to go if you are an unethical doctor looking to make bank off your lack of morals.

So you are accusing a random doctor of lying to cover up a murder for money, with zero evidence, fantastic.  You have a preconceived notion that Zimmerman is guilty and are just saying whatever is necessary for it to be true, no matter how ridiculous, even though the facts say you are wrong.  

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 10:04:10 PM

So the guy is caught on record committing perjury, stalked and murdered a child, and even if he was innocent of everything is too dumb to not make himself look guilty as fuck (he is), and you still want to give him money?

You sir, are a saint who will receive the highest reward in Aryan Heaven

You know he is mixed right?  That is all.   I am too far from the facts to have an opinion.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
JeffK

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 12:14:27 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2012, 04:46:35 AM by JeffK

So the guy is caught on record committing perjury, stalked and murdered a child, and even if he was innocent of everything is too dumb to not make himself look guilty as fuck (he is), and you still want to give him money?

You sir, are a saint who will receive the highest reward in Aryan Heaven

You know he is mixed right?  That is all.   I am too far from the facts to have an opinion.

Yeah, this is the whole narrative pushed by Fox as a way to downplay all the institutional racism against black people in this country. His heritage doesn't matter as much as the fact that he felt he was a law enforcer stopping a suspicious black person. The people defending him are mostly doing so for one of two reasons: they feel gun rights are under attack, or they are more willing to believe, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, that a black child walking home from the store decided to attack and violently beat someone than the notion that Zimmerman's tendency to profile blacks caused him to initiate and quickly escalate a confrontation that ended in him shooting a child.

Also, as an aside, there were links to Zimmerman's myspace posted awhile back with him making derogatory comments about mexicans, so while it isn't particularly relevant it shows that he certainly seemed to think of himself as more 'white'

Quote from: Zimmerman
I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!
yahoo news

IN OTHER NEWS - might wanna hold off on your donations until a little more evidence comes out, a judge has ordered that nearly all the evidence, includes photos of the crime scene, Trayvon's full autopsy and Zimmerman's multiple statements to police be unsealed to the public in 15 days

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/judge-orders-george-zimmermans-statements-trayvon-martins-autopsy
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 12:57:34 AM

He followed an unarmed kid on public property, and ended up shooting and killing him. Stand Your Ground laws be damned, that isn't right and he should be made liable for his actions. At the very least there should be a trial so it can be decided by people who know the facts.

The disgusting thing is that the Zimmerman defenders don't want this to go to trial, because they either know he is guilty as all hell or have bought into this whole narrative that the feds or media or something and prosecuting an 'innocent' man because of some conspiracy about gun rights or race wars or something.

Stand Your Ground laws are bullshit anyways because whenever there is a body, there should at least be a trial. If the shooter was actually acting in self defense, the jury should be able to see it.

I expect that a non-trivial amount of Zimmerman supporters would have been just fine with it if he'd used their donations to flee the country.  This is a situation where people on both sides are firmly convinced that justice won't be done.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rarity

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 01:03:19 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2012, 01:16:06 AM by Rarity

they feel gun rights are under attack, or they are more willing to believe, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, that a black child walking home from the store decided to attack and violently beat someone than the notion that Zimmerman's tendency to profile blacks caused him to initiate and quickly escalate a confrontation that ended in him shooting a child.

It's so weird how you have to twist the facts to come up with anything to defend your position.  Martin is several inches bigger than Zimmerman, was under the influence of mind altering drugs, and the evidence shows he was beating Zimmerman physically during their fight.  The story is slightly more complex than "a black child walking home from the store".  You have not been able to produce any evidence to the contrary.  You simply make incorrect claims (like that Zimmerman changed his story) and when asked for a cite you ignore the request.  (Because you are wrong)

Or you insist it's some conspiracy, everybody is lying about the injury and all the witnesses that actually saw Martin on top are lying and ABC is lying and the doctor is lying and the police are lying and the autopsy is lying...or maybe it's time to actually accept the narrative you have for this crime is wrong?

So, can you let us know what evidence you are using to justify your claim that Zimmerman profiled black men?

As for gun rights, I think I've been pretty clear where I stand on that.  Gun control is the solution to this problem of black men (and everyone else) being shot, for self defense or as part of crimes or random acts,  we need to take guns off the streets and out of the hands of the police as well.

check_status (OP)

Activity: 196

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 02:24:37 AM

Why the fuck did you guys have to start ANOTHER thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76129.0

Can this please be moved to off-topic, it isn't in any way related to Bitcoin Discussion, as much as OP would like it to be.
I did not realize what a storm this would create here. I was basically asking if people knew how to get in touch with those running the website, lawyers, trust funders, what ever, that's all. meh.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 03:00:29 AM

they feel gun rights are under attack, or they are more willing to believe, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, that a black child walking home from the store decided to attack and violently beat someone than the notion that Zimmerman's tendency to profile blacks caused him to initiate and quickly escalate a confrontation that ended in him shooting a child.

It's so weird how you have to twist the facts to come up with anything to defend your position.  Martin is several inches bigger than Zimmerman, was under the influence of mind altering drugs, and the evidence shows he was beating Zimmerman physically during their fight.  The story is slightly more complex than "a black child walking home from the store".  You have not been able to produce any evidence to the contrary.  You simply make incorrect claims (like that Zimmerman changed his story) and when asked for a cite you ignore the request.  (Because you are wrong)

Or you insist it's some conspiracy, everybody is lying about the injury and all the witnesses that actually saw Martin on top are lying and ABC is lying and the doctor is lying and the police are lying and the autopsy is lying...or maybe it's time to actually accept the narrative you have for this crime is wrong?

So, can you let us know what evidence you are using to justify your claim that Zimmerman profiled black men?

As for gun rights, I think I've been pretty clear where I stand on that.  Gun control is the solution to this problem of black men (and everyone else) being shot, for self defense or as part of crimes or random acts,  we need to take guns off the streets and out of the hands of the police as well.

The autopsy report stated Martin was 5 feet, 11 inches and weighed 158 pounds.
Zimmerman's height is shown as 5'7" and his weight at 200 pounds

Zimmerman is heavier then Martin by good 40 pounds. That's a big advantage. Martin was a skinny dude. FAIL.

Now about drugs, Zimmerman was under drugs - Adderall and Temazepam. Both of them are known to cause violent behavior, depression, irritability. FAIL.

Witnesses split 50/50 about who was screaming and who was on top of who.

Pot doesn't cause people to become more violent. Duh.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 03:07:15 AM

Nah, I'll pass on this one too. My coins go to a more deserving charity. I would rather donate to my poor doggy's titbit fund then to him.
Rarity

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 03:26:48 AM

Zimmerman is heavier then Martin by good 40 pounds. That's a big advantage. Martin was a skinny dude. FAIL.

The relative sizes aren't really that important since we know Martin was winning the fight anyway, the weight obviously wasn't a concern.  The point was the imagery brought up of "Zimmerman v. a child" does not at all match up with him confronting a nearly six foot tall, intoxicated, violent individual who broke his nose and slammed his head into the concrete.  If you really think Zimmerman is guilty, you should not have to resort to trying to manipulate the imagery.

Now about drugs, Zimmerman was under drugs - Adderall and Temazepam. Both of them are known to cause violent behavior, depression, irritability. FAIL.

Yes, this has been brought up several times before.  I don't trust psychiatrists with their brain poisons either, but there is a reason the FDA has approved these drugs but not the illegal marijuana Martin was abusing.  It's would be much better if all of us kept our minds free and clear of this junk, but it will take some work to undo the scientific wrongs that have been done in the mental health field.

Anyway, as bad as those prescribed drugs are, marijuana is much, much worse.  Further, there is no evidence these drugs were altering Zimmerman's behavior, instead of acting out aggression he called the police to handle the matter, something he would not do if he was planning a murder. Martin never called for help, he was looking for a confrontation because the drugs in his system were interfering with rational thought.

It's a tragedy people are blaming Zimmerman when the real blame is with the society that fails to properly educate our youths about the dangers of these drugs. Education can make a world of difference.

The program described in this study should be way more common.  It should be in every school, it simply works.

http://www.substanceabusepolicy.com/content/3/1/8

The purpose of this study was to evaluate the capacity of the Narconon drug education program to produce a long-term impact on students' drug use behaviors in a universal (all student) classroom setting. To a large degree, baseline survey responses were similar to drug use patterns seen in large national surveys. After controlling for pretest levels of use, at six months after receiving the drug prevention curriculum students in the drug education group had lower levels of current drug use than students in the comparison group. Significant reductions were observed for alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana – important categories of drug abuse for this population – as well as certain categories of "hard drugs" including controlled prescription drugs, cocaine, and ecstasy. The results in Table 4 show a clear and reliable tendency among every category tested for the drug education program to produce reductions in drug use behavior.  

Witnesses split 50/50 about who was screaming and who was on top of who.

The evidence makes it very clear what happened.  The only injuries aside from the gunshot Martin suffered were to his knuckles, and Zimmerman's injuries were to his face and the back of his head as it was slammed into the concrete.  Even Martin's own father said it was not Trayvon screaming until he changed his story.  Every witness who actually had eyes on the event says Trayvon was on top.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: