Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:32:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 22407 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vicvelcro (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:16:40 AM

Probably. Working on solving that very issue already.

There have been several people who have contacted me with offers to make one. First thing I do with each offer is - I consider what possible motive somebody might have. What is the probability that somebody wants to sneak some malicious code into such a wallet? Then, I look into the experience of each person, as much as I possibly can.

Then, I consider what features are in the future for LTCD and ask myself which of those people will be around later to keep a MAC wallet up-to-date.

It's more than just having some stranger whip together something quick and dirty that will likely be obsolete within a week.

Can we get a mac wallet

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 01:30:06 AM

There have been several people who have contacted me with offers to make one. First thing I do with each offer is - I consider what possible motive somebody might have. What is the probability that somebody wants to sneak some malicious code into such a wallet? Then, I look into the experience of each person, as much as I possibly can.

Then, I consider what features are in the future for LTCD and ask myself which of those people will be around later to keep a MAC wallet up-to-date.

It's more than just having some stranger whip together something quick and dirty that will likely be obsolete within a week.

Can we get a mac wallet

Also note that user-submitted binaries can't be inspected by the dev team to ensure they match the code in the repo... anything could be compiled in there, and without a disassembler and a lot of time/experience in that field on your hands...

That's why I always tested, checksummed, and signed the checksums on my builds (with the private key that matches the pub key in the repo).  And my lack of a working recent mac is why a mac build was never published.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
McKie

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:02:47 AM

Can we get a mac wallet

Also note that user-submitted binaries can't be inspected by the dev team to ensure they match the code in the repo... anything could be compiled in there, and without a disassembler and a lot of time/experience in that field on your hands...

That's why I always tested, checksummed, and signed the checksums on my builds (with the private key that matches the pub key in the repo).  And my lack of a working recent mac is why a mac build was never published.

Then you should keep doing it! Tongue

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
bitcoinbelieve

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:11:36 AM

I guess to balance Vic out I'll have to be the compassionate one around here Wink.

Hi All,

Popping back in to give you an update. I have very large backend coding updates that will make the site less vunerable to attack. I have also streamlined parts of the code ot make edits easier within my CMS system.

Keep in mind that I just purchased the program in full, just look up how much adobe costs me per month to use. I would like this to be my token of good faith towards the community. Vic and I trudge through the FUD in different ways, but we are still here for the long haul.

We can't do much about the price, especially in the short term. We apologize for that but it is the unfortunate reality. Development continues and I'm sure you will be pleased when progress has been made clear. Stay tuned all!

I truly hope this works out, I really do
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:09:35 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 05:21:13 AM by vicvelcro

Be specific.

Exactly    WHAT   do you really hope works out?

It would help us decide where to put more focus if we have some input on what the community is looking forward to most.

I guess to balance Vic out I'll have to be the compassionate one around here Wink.

Hi All,

Popping back in to give you an update. I have very large backend coding updates that will make the site less vunerable to attack. I have also streamlined parts of the code ot make edits easier within my CMS system.

Keep in mind that I just purchased the program in full, just look up how much adobe costs me per month to use. I would like this to be my token of good faith towards the community. Vic and I trudge through the FUD in different ways, but we are still here for the long haul.

We can't do much about the price, especially in the short term. We apologize for that but it is the unfortunate reality. Development continues and I'm sure you will be pleased when progress has been made clear. Stay tuned all!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:07:19 AM

Be specific.

It would help us decide where to put more focus if we have some input on what the community is looking forward to most.

Everything that is important, like anonymous transactions and POS, everytime you say be specific, yet alot of people have been specific and that is what people are referring to...

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:13:21 AM

I wanted bitcoinbelieve to post what he/she meant by and with his/her own words. The post he/she quoted included several things. bitcoinbelieve was not specific about WHICH of those things mattered to him/her. I don't want somebody else to answer for him/her.

As far as your words go, Furio - we're already on top of those things that you specifically mentioned. Those have been carried over from the issues that were unresolved by the previous team. It has already been addressed in the forum by the new team.

Stay tuned.

Be specific.

Everything that is important, like anonymous transactions and POS, everytime you say be specific, yet alot of people have been specific and that is what people are referring to...

bitcoinbelieve

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:15:21 AM

Be specific.

Hi All,

There is no point of having a discussion with you. This will be last time that I will ever post here. Good bye.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:46:36 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 09:21:43 AM by vicvelcro

You didn't really have anything particular on your mind to begin with, did you?

Be specific.

There is no point of having a discussion with you. This will be last time that I will ever post here. Good bye.

iamnicholas

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:36:42 PM

..hi ltcd family..
..'hamuki' just sent me a pm spam..
..he has no interest in helping/growing/benefiting this coin, only to fud n bring kaos..
..i suggest you ignore him/her n report any inappropriate pm's..
..much love..
nxo
Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 01:06:09 AM

Someone is trying really hard to jack the price up. lol
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:38:02 AM

Off topic.

But yes, we all noticed somebody appears to be trying to make a trap.

Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 01:43:24 AM

Off topic.

What do you mean by that? And how is this off topic? I'm talking about LTCD.  Roll Eyes
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:39:50 AM

Off topic.

What do you mean by that? And how is this off topic? I'm talking about LTCD.  Roll Eyes

He wants no discussion at all in this thread unless it involves the technology part of the coin. If you want any other discussions you must start your own thread.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
aleckloss

Activity: 182

Official BitFoundry Dev

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:47:26 AM

Yeah, all beware there seems to be a pump at the moment.

BitFoundry - The Future is Transparent
BTC Donation Address: 17pfLHegqJ3EPkbitbkyw37hi4ATvvJRdD
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:48:08 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 07:55:20 AM by vicvelcro

Correct. Mostly.

Discussion of the technology or the development thereof is welcome.

Price talk and trading belongs in trollboxes someplace else.

Off topic.

-redacted- *was off topic*

What do you mean by that? And how is this off topic? I'm talking about LTCD.  Roll Eyes

He wants no discussion at all in this thread unless it involves the technology part of the coin. If you want any other discussions you must start your own thread.

aleckloss

Activity: 182

Official BitFoundry Dev

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:55:46 AM

What does the community think of encrypted voip connections via the wallet client?

BitFoundry - The Future is Transparent
BTC Donation Address: 17pfLHegqJ3EPkbitbkyw37hi4ATvvJRdD
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:25:18 PM

good but i see it's hard to obtain
and not useful if not encrypted
there are tree project on it for now.
it seem a good idea obviously.

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
nembot

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:44:51 PM

(very) minor bagholder here

new name could be cool

just get something catchy & "heard-it-before" feeling, (doesn't matter in what context e.g. my example below, terrible album but has a ring to it)

then it's good to go on a mobile wallet:

e.g. KishKash, or Spondulix

then you can rename, release mobile wallet, swamp Twitter with re-release news, pump price up & I can dump & get out of here....

...and if it's REALLY successful & survives as a genuinely used currency, you can all laugh at me for being a weakhand

just being honest about what I'd like to see...

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:01:16 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 06:13:02 PM by vicvelcro

You can dump and get out of here without waiting for any of the things you mentioned.

Putting time, effort, and money into features you request solely for short term benefit to YOU is of no interest to me.
If you aren't planning to stick around, it would be pointless for us to kiss your ass.

I am more focused on benefits to the people who have been AND want to be here longer.

Just being honest about what *I* would like to see.

(very) minor bagholder here

then you can rename, release mobile wallet, swamp Twitter with re-release news, pump price up & I can dump & get out of here....

just being honest about what I'd like to see...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: