Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 22415 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vicvelcro (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:22:00 PM

It seems like the best choice, really.

Nice hear about add PoS to coin.
All people who dont want sell coins for actually price will be have some profit from PoS even when price will be better.
I keep my small pack 125k coins and waiting for wallet with PoS and price rising too ofc Smiley

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Angora

Activity: 241

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:36:54 PM

I like that POS is coming. 
However, I question the timing of implementing it prior to getting 2nd gen (2.0) up n running.

TrollbyFire had said that the code for a 1.0 POS would not fit well with 2.0. It would work but not at 100% optimal.
As a programmer, I understand what he is saying.

An analogy would be like having an engine that requires 100 octane fuel and putting 90 octane fuel in it. It will still run but not as well as if the right fuel was used.

Trying to get code from a prior version to play nice with a later version can be a challenge. 
I know this 1st hand as having worked on fixing programs for Y2K glitch.  Sometimes it was easier to rewrite from scratch. In some cases, that was not an option.

If we are not going to wait for 2nd gen to come online; I suggest that features introduced now be rewrote for 100% sync with 2.0.
When 2.0 w/POS comes online, hard fork so that the 1.0 POS is no more and we are not hamstrung by it and any 1.0 stuff.

This is meant as constructive input, not FUD.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:37:54 AM

We're already talking about more than PoS. Why is it you choose to leave out everything else that I mentioned *to go with* PoS? I think you're a bit out-of-the-loop.

Take the time to understand what *WE* are already talking about before you try to contribute to the conversation.

You refer to something Troll said. Here's my thing - Troll speaks for himself - if he speaks. Nobody speaks for him. That includes you.

Your analogy is a bit incorrect because the assumptions you are basing it on are incorrect and out of date.

I know you are trying to offer constructive suggestions. I'm saying that you are simply a bit behind our current state and the information you have is old and not relevant today. Please get caught up with the rest of us so that we are all on the same page with our collective discussion.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:41:59 AM

Dumping or holding is entirely up to you. Prefer not to discuss trading and prices in the development topic. Make a topic for trading/price and discuss it in that other topic, please.

There are no DEV coins to dump.

Your post has been deleted.

-redacted-

BallOOner

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:41:15 PM

why did you lock the previous thread?
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:42:59 PM

better question, why did you deleter my post praising you? ....

I posted *** about price and traffic on exchanges which does not belong in the development thread. Go make a different thread for that, please. Asking for the second time. ***

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:45:26 PM

Concerted effort by butthurt spammers, fudders, and pump & dump crew. They were making a mess for 18 hours. Already posted about it.

This thread is for development talk only. Any other discussion - people can go make some other thread where nobody important will bother to follow.

Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:27:50 PM

Concerted effort by butthurt spammers, fudders, and pump & dump crew. They were making a mess for 18 hours. Already posted about it.

This thread is for development talk only. Any other discussion - people can go make some other thread where nobody important will bother to follow.

Do you know what the initial motive is for the spammers and dumpers to try and destroy this coin anyway?

With all the effort they have put into doing that, imagine what the price would be if they focused on helping it to go up instead. They would then surely profit from that themselves.

I don't understand why they feel so dead-set spending their own time to make a mess of something good.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:35:04 PM

I would rather let the entire subject die off without having to delete more posts. Why they do it varies from jealousy, manipulation, and so forth.

Do you know what the initial motive is for the spammers and dumpers to try and destroy this coin anyway?

With all the effort they have put into doing that, imagine what the price would be if they focused on helping it to go up instead. They would then surely profit from that themselves.

I don't understand why they feel so dead-set spending their own time to make a mess of something good.

Angora

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 04:38:53 PM

We're already talking about more than PoS. Why is it you choose to leave out everything else that I mentioned *to go with* PoS? I think you're a bit out-of-the-loop.

Take the time to understand what *WE* are already talking about before you try to contribute to the conversation.

You refer to something Troll said. Here's my thing - Troll speaks for himself - if he speaks. Nobody speaks for him. That includes you.

Your analogy is a bit incorrect because the assumptions you are basing it on are incorrect and out of date.

I know you are trying to offer constructive suggestions. I'm saying that you are simply a bit behind our current state and the information you have is old and not relevant today. Please get caught up with the rest of us so that we are all on the same page with our collective discussion.

Really? I've been following the threads daily and believed I was up-to-date.  Please tell me exactly where I am wrong so that I may stand corrected and be up to speed as you put it.   My main point was PoS and I did touch on the other areas albeit not directly.

As for the comment I made re:Troll, I was summarizing what he had posted. In no way was I even attempting to speak for him. 
Rules of debate I follow state that one sites a source that supports your stand. In this case, it was to ref. a post of Troll's. 

What I mean by debate is open, civil discussion of various points of view to come to a consensus.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:29:07 PM

Yeah, really.

Really?

You were mistaken.

I've been following the threads daily and believed I was up-to-date.

Do your own work. Go read.

Please tell me exactly where I am wrong so that I may stand corrected and be up to speed as you put it.   My main point was PoS and I did touch on the other areas albeit not directly.

There, I fixed some of it for you. You fix the rest. Come back when your 'tude is straight.

As for the comment I made which was pretty much insignificant and contrary...

What I mean by debate is open, civil discussion of various points of view to come to a consensus.

Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:33:57 PM

I'm kind of going with Angora on this one.

I thought he made some interesting points, but then I'm hardly an expert on code so I probably know less than most. But he seemed concise and well put to me.

As a programmer would he be of use to the community in that role? I don't think we have someone filled yet for that post.

If you are interested Angora please let us know. [If the devs still want someone].
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:40:37 PM

He made good points, yes. But some information was inaccurate.

We are currently reviewing a few leads and candidates. He is on the list, if we don't make our choice from the people that still need to reply.

I thought he made some interesting points, but then I'm hardly an expert on code so I probably know less than most. But he seemed concise and well put to me.

As a programmer would he be of use to the community in that role? I don't think we have someone filled yet for that post.

If you are interested Angora please let us know. [If the devs still want someone].

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:57:50 PM

any news on the partnership with the DOGED dev? Thought he was eager the help?

mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:14:21 PM

fill mammix2 in the dev/coder list , the pos problem is a tough one
he has some solution

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
Angora

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:10:42 AM

He made good points, yes. But some information was inaccurate.

We are currently reviewing a few leads and candidates. He is on the list, if we don't make our choice from the people that still need to reply.

Thank you for the consideration. Respectfully I am declining it for 2 reasons.
1) I have not done any type of coding on a crypto coin.
2) The coin is written in C++.  I work with C# and am just starting to learn C++.  While the 2 languages are similar; there is a difference in syntax.
It would not be fair to the community for me to learn on the job, so to speak.   

If the DEVs are looking for code beta testers, I am willing to help in that manner as my time permits as a volunteer.
Angora

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:50:31 AM

Yeah, really.

Really?

You were mistaken.

I've been following the threads daily and believed I was up-to-date.

Do your own work. Go read.

Please tell me exactly where I am wrong so that I may stand corrected and be up to speed as you put it.   My main point was PoS and I did touch on the other areas albeit not directly.

There, I fixed some of it for you. You fix the rest. Come back when your 'tude is straight.

As for the comment I made which was pretty much insignificant and contrary...

Whoa. Dial it back Vic.  Your reading attitude where none was given. I could infer from the tone of your msg attitude. I chose instead to see it as a cultural mannerism.  It seems what we have here is a case of cultural mannerism clash.

I have gone back and reread the past few days of posts here and in olde thread.   I can honestly say that I do not see where I am not on the same page you are. 
All the post I saw where were DEV is looking at implementing POS n I2P  in the V1.0 coin.   My original post is based on that.  I do not see any info that would change it.

If you still feel I am not in sync (up to date); I respectfully aske to be shown, in a civil n polite manner where my info is in error and what the current state is.
In my culture, a leader will do so in a constructive, polite n respectful teaching manner.

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:16:39 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 08:20:08 AM by vicvelcro

I concede your point about possible differences in cultural mannerism. Entirely possible. If so, I don't apologize for reading you wrong - I blame you for not considering how your words would be understood by others and expecting everyone to see things YOUR WAY. I suggest you take the cultural mannerism issue into account and choose your words more carefully to avoid projecting yourself in a way that you don't intend. That part lies on your shoulders.

Whoa. Dial it back Vic.  Your reading attitude where none was given. I could infer from the tone of your msg attitude. I chose instead to see it as a cultural mannerism.  It seems what we have here is a case of cultural mannerism clash.

You and I aren't seeing the same thing, then.

I have gone back and reread the past few days of posts here and in olde thread.   I can honestly say that I do not see where I am not on the same page you are.

You misunderstood. My posts only refer to PoS and I2P in a small few instances. Also, I clearly stated that it is a personal priority in MY OWN head. Never said it was a final decision, ever. I put my thoughts out in the forum for members of the community to consider and discuss. I never said any of it was in reference specifically to or suggested it was intended for v1.0 coin. If you only saw posts regarding PoS, I2P, and v1.0 coin - you completely failed to read the vast majority of other available posts which made no reference to PoS or I2P or v1.0 coin. Your own fault.

All the post I saw where were DEV is looking at implementing POS n I2P  in the V1.0 coin.

Look again, and look back one or two more days. Also, you made reference to things you allege that Troll said or intends - but your interpretation is based on nothing relevant whatsoever.

My original post is based on that.  I do not see any info that would change it.

That is my feeling, yes - you are not in sync. I respectfully inform you that you HAVE BEEN shown *** ---> in the forum - keep reading it. I'm not going to repost what is already laid out, simply so you can conveniently avoid clicking backward to older pages. I have other things to do that do not include spoonfeeding repeat info.

If you still feel I am not in sync (up to date); I respectfully aske to be shown, in a civil n polite manner where my info is in error and what the current state is.

Your cultural observations do not necessarily apply to anyone else. I have no intention of learning how to disregard my own culture just so I can kiss your ass and pet you soothingly while I whisper words that you think you want to hear in exactly whatever way you think you want to hear them.

You are coming across as a snot, still.

I see my role as keeping the coin intact and seeing it move forward. My role is not to teach you fuck-all. It is up to you to learn from what is made available. If you misinterpret, disregard, or find fault with that, you need to resolve that within yourself.

I won't entertain this issue any further. Keep your posts neutral, objective, and focus on the topic of forward progress. If you make a post about "boo-hoo the big bad man hurt my feelings and it was his job to keep my diaper dry" or any post that is even partially off topic, the entire post will be deleted without reply.

Don't presume to lecture me or anyone else about what your cultural expectations are.

In my culture, a leader will do so in a constructive, polite n respectful teaching manner.

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:33:06 AM

What I see is someone really wants LTCD to succeed. Can't we all see that everyone who's still with this community wants the best for this coin. We are all on the same page. Please respect the input, and please respect the replies fo the devs. The community is what keeps this coin going, the devs are the ones who are going to make this coin great, just repect eachother and try to see positivity in stead of negativity, had to get it of my chest.

Go DEVS! Grin

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:35:12 AM

I have had no contact and I have not been informed that there has been any contact.

any news on the partnership with the DOGED dev? Thought he was eager the help?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: