Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:13:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 22415 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:38:31 AM

I have had no contact and I have not been informed that there has been any contact.

any news on the partnership with the DOGED dev? Thought he was eager the help?

I heard from the DogeD dev he was eager to help, but didn't get an reply after he messaged his offer to help, maybe he's asking high fees, I don't know Smiley

vicvelcro (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:50:40 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 09:03:42 AM by vicvelcro

Perhaps he is a bit busy with other things and has not had time available for discussion yet. There has been no communication that I am aware of, and therefore no fees have been mentioned.

To summarize something that is relevant but may not be clear to some people --
The issue of a handover is slightly more than a week old. There was an interim period of time in which several of us stepped up to keep things organized while the issue was assessed. A determination was made on November 24 (2014) in regard to how the official handover would be conducted. The process of handing over BEGAN on Nov 24. In the United States, there is a holiday that generally is observed by most of us which spans 4 days (began Nov 27 and ended Nov 30). The handover was finalized on Nov 28 which was day number 2 of the holiday. Right now, this very moment, the holiday ended 4 hours ago and I should be asleep. The beginning of the first business day following the holiday does not occur until 5 hours from now.

This would be a reasonable explanation for why several people we've tried to communicate with have not yet replied. Those people may be travelling or may be entertaining a large number of family house-guests. I've had a lot of family and friends in and out of my home for the past 4 days, so I don't find it difficult to accept that others may be experiencing the same.

Because it was obvious to me and quite a few others that the handover would be interrupted by the extended holiday, we tried to make it clear MANY DAYS AGO that forward progress might not be made manifest immediately. I expected that some people in some parts of the world might not be aware of our holiday.

I have had no contact and I have not been informed that there has been any contact.

any news on the partnership with the DOGED dev? Thought he was eager the help?

I heard from the DogeD dev he was eager to help, but didn't get an reply after he messaged his offer to help, maybe he's asking high fees, I don't know Smiley

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:03:18 AM

I'm convinced that goverments and agencies want to suvail everyone in crypto sooner or later, my convincion is that dark is the way to go, looks promising to let the devs of darks work together on dark tech Smiley

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:10:21 AM

Governments and other agencies are putting high priority on 'Dark' targets for surveillance. 'Dark' is like wearing a bright orange shirt that screams "I'm Up To No Good".

Dark tech is the way to go for maintaining any level of personal privacy. Wearing the 'Dark' name is counterproductive. I suggested a name change 6 weeks ago (or close to that) for this exact reason. At the time, the majority were in disagreement. I presented my case, and then laid it to rest. I never brought it up again before now.

'Dark' tech, but drop the 'Dark' label. Also, TOR network users are targeted for high priority surveillance simply due to the way TOR network is perceived by the authorities as a major security risk. Using 'Dark' as a label and using TOR network is pretty much guaranteeing that there is a high probability of BEGGING for the wrong kind of attention from the wrong kind of people.

I'm convinced that goverments and agencies want to suvail everyone in crypto sooner or later, my convincion is that dark is the way to go, looks promising to let the devs of darks work together on dark tech Smiley

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
The_Captain

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:11:43 AM

Governments and other agencies are putting high priority on 'Dark' targets for surveillance. 'Dark' is like wearing a bright orange shirt that screams "I'm Up To No Good".

Dark tech is the way to go for maintaining any level of personal privacy. Wearing the 'Dark' name is counterproductive. I suggested a name change 6 weeks ago (or close to that) for this exact reason. At the time, the majority were in disagreement. I presented my case, and then laid it to rest. I never brought it up again before now.

'Dark' tech, but drop the 'Dark' label. Also, TOR network users are targeted for high priority surveillance simply due to the way TOR network is perceived by the authorities as a major security risk. Using 'Dark' as a label and using TOR network is pretty much guaranteeing that there is a high probability of BEGGING for the wrong kind of attention from the wrong kind of people.

I think you're right Vic. Maybe we should change the name soon. I think it would be a good move especially since the coin has a new dev team. It would be refreshing.
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:32:18 AM

I think you're right Vic. Maybe we should change the name soon. I think it would be a good move especially since the coin has a new dev team. It would be refreshing.

Great point. It would move the focus away from the bad press LTCD has been getting if we went for a new name. Effectively it would be like launching a new coin from the successful platform of an old one.

I do like the logo of LTCD so maybe we can do something similar to that without losing aesthetic value.
Martin958

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:35:59 AM

All of this is bang on the money for me.

Besides TOR and DARK focused coins attract bad investment people. E.g. the types who will try the P&D game.

If we want to make this a long term successful coin it needs commercial assistance to maintain the price at a reasonable value. TOR and DARK wont do this.
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:40:22 AM

All of this is bang on the money for me.

Besides TOR and DARK focused coins attract bad investment people. E.g. the types who will try the P&D game.

If we want to make this a long term successful coin it needs commercial assistance to maintain the price at a reasonable value. TOR and DARK wont do this.

LitecoinPrivate Grin

Martin958

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:06:02 PM

He made good points, yes. But some information was inaccurate.

We are currently reviewing a few leads and candidates. He is on the list, if we don't make our choice from the people that still need to reply.

I'm kind of going with Angora on this one.

I thought he made some interesting points, but then I'm hardly an expert on code so I probably know less than most. But he seemed concise and well put to me.

As a programmer would he be of use to the community in that role? I don't think we have someone filled yet for that post.

If you are interested Angora please let us know. [If the devs still want someone].

Thank you for the consideration. Respectfully I am declining it for 2 reasons.
1) I have not done any type of coding on a crypto coin.
2) The coin is written in C++.  I work with C# and am just starting to learn C++.  While the 2 languages are similar; there is a difference in syntax.
It would not be fair to the community for me to learn on the job, so to speak.   

If the DEVs are looking for code beta testers, I am willing to help in that manner as my time permits as a volunteer.

I imagine a code beta-tester could be very helpful and lighten the load on others, not to mention iron out any glitches.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:10:11 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 04:59:48 PM by vicvelcro

It is too soon to make any estimate on when the website work will be complete. It is currently in the process of being made - which is why you sometimes see missing files on the server.

Hello,
when they finished website?
1) http://litecoindark.com - I keep popping up message: Some files on the server May be missing or incerrect. Please contact website author.
2) www.litecoindark.com - web does not load at all
3) It's not even download wallet

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:03:53 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 05:01:42 PM by vicvelcro

What part of "It is currently in the process of being made" do you NOT understand?

Also, a point of FACT for you - LTCD was not created or maintained in a professional manner in the past. It has all been primarily community work up until 2 weeks ago.

This is the development topic for the coin technology. The website does not fall into this topic.

my opinion
Professional web = priority number one

mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

ok here a list of dev nominated for ProofOfHonor:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.800
the POH vote and someone will find LTCD and notice the active community:
i'm candidating mammix2 from fibre , he can give us fibrelock for the wallet Shocked

if you have someone to vote can nominate today :
http://www.coinssource.com/poh-nomination/

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:00:47 PM

We may have to completely rebuild LTCD in order to move forward into Gen 2. If so, I am guessing there is a strong possibility that it will take longer than a month to properly plan for all related issues and then get coding and testing done.

If a rebuild is not necessary, then your desire to see something within a month might not be a pipe-dream. I guess that much would depend on how long it takes to get a coder on the team permanently.

Well, I hope something happens soon. (Within this month)

If you want to make it seem like an ultimatum, then I suggest you begin thinking RIGHT NOW. Because I will not be extorted by suggested threats. What you do with what is yours has no significance to me personally. You can light it all on fire, and I won't feel a thing. If I can save you your funds, I will. But not under any threat vs deadline.

Or else I might start thinking of throwing my coins away.

Truly? Who is 'we'? I haven't lost any value on mine. 1 LTCD = 1 LTCD.

We are losing more and more value every day.

I wasn't going to. But since you bring it up with an undertone of hostility - What are you going to do if I did say "Value does not mean anything at the moment"? Ground me and take away my birthday?

And dont say that "Value does not mean anything at the moment".

What investors? Who pre-bought during the ICO/IPO that never existed? LTCD is not a company and there is no stock. There are no investors, unless you count me and Bitcoin Operated Boy. We are the only two people who have contributed any funds into the development account. Simply buying something on a market does not make somebody an investor. Example, buying a can of Coke does not mean you have any ownership in the Coca Cola company. To own part of Coca Cola, you would need to own stock.

If the value goes down, so does the investors, so does the potential for new people to get to the community and to get some light here in the dark.

I see nothing received into the dev funds. Provide TXIDs please.

I have invested just about 2 BTC into LTCD, and if I sell out now.. Then I get just about 0.15 BTC.

Poorly formed, this time around, my friend. You are basing your opinion on your own misunderstanding, I think.

This is not FUD, this is an opinion. You can choose to delete it or not.

No date. We are still trying to figure out what exactly LTCD *is*. I mean the internal guts. Can't really start working until we know what we are building up from, and therefore can't estimate a time-frame. Unless you want a half-assed piece of work. If so, PM me and we can discuss it.

Can't estimate when promotion can begin until we have something finished which is READY for promotion. We can't really advertise a car for sale when we only have 4 tires and a steering wheel.

You can start hording now, if you like. I'm way way way ahead of you in that regard. I've been hording since day one.

But I want a serious answer. Yes the team is new and getting things together.. But is there a date on when new features will come out?
When can we start doing promotion?
When can we start hording for people to get into this coin.

I am going to consider it possible that you are having a not so great day and that you would have posted differently under more pleasant circumstances. I can relate. I've been a bit pissy lately myself. Couldn't even enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday in peace.

Martin958

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:10:49 PM

Not sure if this is off topic but anyone wanting to pitch in with the technical side my want to learn from here:

http://www.learncpp.com/

I don't how long it would take to learn in order to be useful, but I will have a look at it.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:11:38 PM

Yes, your attitude seems hostile. Mine is inarguably grumpy at the moment. My holiday was ruined and my family time repeatedly interrupted by hostile people acting poorly in this topic. I have patience for well presented post from people. I do not have patience for somebody posting their misplaced anger or frustration.

I've been here since day one. It's irrelevant. You being here since week one is irrelevant.

The rest of your post quoted below definitely gives the impression that you are stomping your feet and blowing off some rage steam. Maybe you need to do that to get your head in a better place. But don't do it in the forum. Do it in your back yard.

Raging at any of the current team is completely misplacing your anger. We never did anything to any of you. When all hope seemed about to be lost, we stepped up. If not for that, your shit would be gone already. Think about that.

People want things done. Me and Alec have been working through the holiday and both of us have been doing more than one thing. Shit is happening. Chill out and let us get something finished so we can announce it. Having interruptions that require damage control only serves to take our time away from real work, thus making it take longer to give you all a bone to chew on.

I refuse to post some hypish bullshit announcement of some daydream thing that might be coming next week... Not my style. You, me, and many others have seen it before and then been disappointed when the 'thing' ends up not being delivered. I'll tell you what's what when it is DONE.

Usually, you post very objectively and provide something of substance. Do you now think that raging is going to increase the value of your coins? Seriously?!?

Take a breather, have a beer. Come back later and let's talk about the issues in a productive manner. Sure beats trying to compare e-penis size and thickness. How about you and I both call this conversation closed and reconvene like it never happened?

As far as a plan you ask me about - dude! This is the very first actual day that I've had the full authority to DO anything at all. I've been thinking about things and trying to form a contingency. But, as I said earlier, it isn't my style to say things that are purely speculative. Prior to today, anything I might have said in regard to plans could have been nullified by a U-turn in the handover process. I'm a realist, not a 'Steve Jobs' hype machine selling pink elephants at top dollar prices. I don't sell hope.

Well, you say that my attitude is hostile..

I have been here since week one.

I were here almost in the beginning..

You write back sounding really provoking.. Like you want me to throw sh*t.

I like this coin.. I INVESTED 2 BTC. I bought worth 2 BTC of coins, and I INVESTED in mining power to get over the hard days where something went wrong and the community took over and saved the day by spending a large amount of BTC to buy mining power to keep this coin going.

Its an investment by buying currency.
Just because you are the dev now and havent gotten the money from me that I used to get LTCD does not mean it isnt an investment.

You can say that 1 LTCD is still 1 LTCD.. Just like everyone else.. But you cant say that 1 LTCD is still 2300 Satoshi.
If the value hits 1/0 satoshi then there is no coin. There is no community.

We cant run around and say people have weak hands.. There is a limit to what people are able to afford to lose.

I really wish that LTCD can get back up on its feet instead of being dragged around on the ground.

What is it you want to do with this coin?
You are the dev. Whats the plan.

mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:48:19 PM

no Fear allowed, i'll buy it with my last breath if it goes any south than this
and if you want a faster return i think that reinvesting another 0,15 btc , 50 dollars
would only benefit the HODL of over 700 dollars
that you are doing , an exit price lower always wins .

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:50:14 PM

I will do the same. Cheers.

Ill go have a beer and calm my nuts..

I do, indeed.

I hope you understand the fustration..

The general idea is to get things going again in an upward direction. Neither you nor I can stop people from dumping what is theirs. In my mind, I'll just keep buying as much of what they are dumping as I am able to buy. I can only try to slow the effect of dumping, I can't afford to buy all of it.

But yea.. Lets get things going.. Im just in fear that people keep dumping, and it will be way harder for us to get back up from the "dead".

Tomorrow it is, then.
Peace.

Will talk to ya tomorrow.

Have a good night.

mrmastermined

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:15:47 PM

I haven't noticed any donation addresses on this new thread. That may facilitate the process. I would be happy to donate some ltcd to the cause.
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:16:42 PM

At the very bottom of the First Post.

Donations

BTC 1MGS93Kz1s7fG3UcoVVNFjLbtCULQemQ7k
LTCD LLQypfHqkPEzG6QkqhHoV6hnw2FCVXkcHz

I haven't noticed any donation addresses on this new thread. That may facilitate the process. I would be happy to donate some ltcd to the cause.

Martin958

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:32:23 PM

Fantastic gesture. How many other coins have that kind of backing from its community. This is why if we are all patient things can only go up again.

Vic and all the Devs will have to spend more time addressing posts calling them hero's than they were dealing with spam posts in some months time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: