Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:55:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The difficulty HAS BEEN REDUCED!!!!  (Read 25803 times)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2240

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:05:32 PM

Ok, we're back in the queen's race. Where everyone has to run and run faster to stay in place.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:17:20 PM

Ok, we're back in the queen's race. Where everyone has to run and run faster to stay in place.

Always been that way run faster or go home. So long as equipment is cheap enough and powerful enough then ud be in with a chance like when Avalon first come out they where kick ass and making a tun of coins then when more come out and batchs 2 3 and so on then more equipment come out making them worthless. Same for antminers worthless unless you got free energy now and even the s5 new ones are looking very tempting but doubtful to brake even on them

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:27:24 PM

Always been that way run faster or go home. So long as equipment is cheap enough and powerful enough then ud be in with a chance like when Avalon first come out they where kick ass and making a tun of coins then when more come out and batchs 2 3 and so on then more equipment come out making them worthless. Same for antminers worthless unless you got free energy now and even the s5 new ones are looking very tempting but doubtful to brake even on them
Yup, a perfect marketplace. Irrational one as well, people are going to buy even the S5's and mine at a loss :-)
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:33:18 PM

Yup, a perfect marketplace. Irrational one as well, people are going to buy even the S5's and mine at a loss :-)

Just depends on what you mine when I got my S1s I didnt mine BTC took them to alt coins and if I decide on buying any the s5 I might consider but import tax gonna kill me for 1 and be totally out of pocket then and 2 its a tough world in crypto to mine at profit right now unless free energy or cheap and BTC mining is worthless unless you can get everything cheap. I know if I go to turning my miners on I will only do on newer alt coins for a few days grab some of them and then wait it out.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
RD965

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:08:47 PM

Mining is a quite proftitable activity, and the only business where you get your $ back in less than 6 months, and all of that at these awful prices and high diff

So please stop saying that, if youre a kid with some miners in your home room of course you mine at a loss moron, were talking business here, home mining is dead ages ago, except for free electricity folks
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:51:09 PM

Mining is a quite proftitable activity, and the only business where you get your $ back in less than 6 months, and all of that at these awful prices and high diff
Really? So tell me what the rate of return is on some of these mining farms (on average, include *all* in a given class, and don't make it "people with an in with equipment makers). Remember you can cherry pick a ponzi to show amazing profits as well, so be sure to include all of them.

So please stop saying that, if youre a kid with some miners in your home room of course you mine at a loss moron, were talking business here, home mining is dead ages ago, except for free electricity folks
Um, it doesn't matter if you have one miner or a million. If the cost of electricity is more than the amount the unit can hash (don't forget to multiply by .3 for the cooling!) you will run at a net loss. If the cost of electricity plus investment costs is more than the unit will make in an operating lifetime, you will not make a profit. Economies of scale have some value, but oddly enough the profit per miner on a single guy's miner is probably higher than the ppm for a farm where they have to pay higher electrical rates and the cost for cooling, space, etc.

Now, if you add *VALUE* then that is a very different story. I made a good profit in mining not by running my one little jalapeno at 5gh in August 2013, but because I boosted it to 20gh then 24 with my own brains and skills. I added value. If you build a new super chip you can make money selling the equipment, and possibly make good profits mining, but that's because your design added value to the universe.

Sorry I really get *VERY* annoyed at the concept that mining is "free money". Too many people have been fucked over by that. The more people that get into it, the lower the profits because the mighty profits are 25 bitcoins every 10 minutes spread across *all* of the miners. That don't change. And the more people who go in with expectations of a negative return simply turn a queen's race into a dollar auction.

Never play "dollar auction" by the way. :-)

RD965

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:17:08 PM

Really? So tell me what the rate of return is on some of these mining farms (on average, include *all* in a given class, and don't make it "people with an in with equipment makers). Remember you can cherry pick a ponzi to show amazing profits as well, so be sure to include all of them.

Um, it doesn't matter if you have one miner or a million. If the cost of electricity is more than the amount the unit can hash (don't forget to multiply by .3 for the cooling!) you will run at a net loss. If the cost of electricity plus investment costs is more than the unit will make in an operating lifetime, you will not make a profit. Economies of scale have some value, but oddly enough the profit per miner on a single guy's miner is probably higher than the ppm for a farm where they have to pay higher electrical rates and the cost for cooling, space, etc.

Now, if you add *VALUE* then that is a very different story. I made a good profit in mining not by running my one little jalapeno at 5gh in August 2013, but because I boosted it to 20gh then 24 with my own brains and skills. I added value. If you build a new super chip you can make money selling the equipment, and possibly make good profits mining, but that's because your design added value to the universe.

Sorry I really get *VERY* annoyed at the concept that mining is "free money". Too many people have been fucked over by that. The more people that get into it, the lower the profits because the mighty profits are 25 bitcoins every 10 minutes spread across *all* of the miners. That don't change. And the more people who go in with expectations of a negative return simply turn a queen's race into a dollar auction.

Allright so all youve done in mining is with that scam company products, now I understand!

Im just trying to explain you how a business works, because you seem a bit lost in the economical environment

Wont bother anymore, far better that people think mining is not profitable dude, meanwhile ill keep my farms up and returning 300% a year (what a loss Roll Eyes)

Cheers  Wink
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:50:58 PM

Wont bother anymore, far better that people think mining is not profitable dude, meanwhile ill keep my farms up and returning 300% a year (what a loss Roll Eyes)
No problem at all, mine like hell and enjoy your returns. Hopefully people that follow your lead and advice will come back to thank you. :-)

And happy holidays!

RD965

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:08:06 PM

No problem at all, mine like hell and enjoy your returns. Hopefully people that follow your lead and advice will come back to thank you. :-)

And happy holidays!

Not giving advice to anyone, just wanted to explain it to you

Dummy christmas!
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:18:22 AM

Allright so all youve done in mining is with that scam company products, now I understand!

Im just trying to explain you how a business works, because you seem a bit lost in the economical environment

Cheers  Wink

300% a year proof good luck on that then. Find it very hard to believe coinciding I been an early adopter of mining since early days of Bitcoin and other alts. 300% a year maybe if you got free energy or good contracts and cheap equipment. Far better ways to earn with crypto than mining now. Mining can be profitable providing many factors that I do not interned to speak of here, that's for other places where I help people build their stock and revenue from. How a business works is very simple only the admins and CEO of a business profit or actually give back to people but at a long time frame. Given a number of company's I am in they make promises to return in a 4 to 6 month time frame however they forget to factor a lot of things in. I like them all the same but far better things to put crypto or real money into than mining.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
RD965

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:48:22 PM

Cheers  Wink

300% a year proof good luck on that then. Find it very hard to believe coinciding I been an early adopter of mining since early days of Bitcoin and other alts. 300% a year maybe if you got free energy or good contracts and cheap equipment. Far better ways to earn with crypto than mining now. Mining can be profitable providing many factors that I do not interned to speak of here, that's for other places where I help people build their stock and revenue from. How a business works is very simple only the admins and CEO of a business profit or actually give back to people but at a long time frame. Given a number of company's I am in they make promises to return in a 4 to 6 month time frame however they forget to factor a lot of things in. I like them all the same but far better things to put crypto or real money into than mining.

Already owned warehouse, very cheap electricity and efficient miners, plus constant maintenance

The hell of a business
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:00:14 PM

Already owned warehouse, very cheap electricity and efficient miners, plus constant maintenance

The hell of a business
Ok. So you have factored in the opportunity cost of using the warehouse, your time, maintenance time, electricity, taxes, initial investment in gear, and such into the 300% rate of return?

RD965

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:09:40 PM

The hell of a business
Ok. So you have factored in the opportunity cost of using the warehouse, your time, maintenance time, electricity, taxes, initial investment in gear, and such into the 300% rate of return?

Obviously
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:40:00 AM

Ok, so let me ask an on-topic question:

Where the hell is all this hashing power coming from?

Based on bitcoinwisdom it looks like we went from a 5% drop in hash rate to a 3.5% increase in a week. 8.5%. What's more it's taking on average 9 minutes to find a block, or a 10% boost in hashing power (or serious luck).

Where did 10% of new hashing power come from in 7 days? Bitmain? Maybe, but 30 petahashes (10% of 307ph) is 15,000 2th miners. That's either a lot of miners or my math is way, way off.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:41:00 PM

Based on bitcoinwisdom it looks like we went from a 5% drop in hash rate to a 3.5% increase in a week. 8.5%. What's more it's taking on average 9 minutes to find a block, or a 10% boost in hashing power (or serious luck).

Where did 10% of new hashing power come from in 7 days? Bitmain? Maybe, but 30 petahashes (10% of 307ph) is 15,000 2th miners. That's either a lot of miners or my math is way, way off.

china is my guess, they have easy access to asic and other stuff, they have free electricity also
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:05:39 PM

My guess is that the next gen ASICs are already starting to hash. Its the old ASIC manufacturer's trick - build the next gen ones with advance money, mine and increase the difficulty, and then give it to the customers when diff is already high. 

RD965

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:37:21 PM

Why does it have to be a company that you know? You always want to know everything  Grin

You really think is that expensive to setup a business like that?
Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 03:03:43 PM

china is my guess, they have easy access to asic and other stuff, they have free electricity also

Since when china have free electricity? Probably if you own the power plant but am I missing something?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:23:53 PM

Since when china have free electricity? Probably if you own the power plant but am I missing something?

some user can abuse some power in their country, there was a photo about it, dunno it was really china or another country like vietnam
RD965

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:24:11 PM

There is many places where electricity is below .10$/kw/h
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: