Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:57:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113730 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:45:58 PM

As I stated in an earlier post, a bunch of us are starting conversations on Slack, to get the ball rolling with Qora Marketing and Development. At this stage, I believe the most important thing we need right now is a White Paper.

@Qora - it would also be good to know which "Possible Features" you believe you will be able to deliver. Additionally, will you be participating in the creation of the white paper or will you be willing to assist a community assigned individual to generate one?

@Community - without going over board, are there any additional features you believe Qora should have that it currently does not and are not in the works. Please provide a punchlist of a maximum of 5 features listed in priority that you believe this currency should aspire to include.

Here's my List (These are not all specifically for Qora himself to create):

1. One click install wallet
2. Mobile Wallet
3. Instant or near instant Transactions ( <= 60 seconds)
4. Leased Forging or a similar mechanism
5. Account Vault/Multi Sig

DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 3162

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:04:01 PM

As I stated in an earlier post, a bunch of us are starting conversations on Slack, to get the ball rolling with Qora Marketing and Development. At this stage, I believe the most important thing we need right now is a White Paper.

@Qora - it would also be good to know which "Possible Features" you believe you will be able to deliver. Additionally, will you be participating in the creation of the white paper or will you be willing to assist a community assigned individual to generate one?

@Community - without going over board, are there any additional features you believe Qora should have that it currently does not and are not in the works. Please provide a punchlist of a maximum of 5 features listed in priority that you believe this currency should aspire to include.

2. Mobile Wallet

I think Qora said the priorities were finishing AT and a new wallet design.  I can see how multi-sig would be an important one for many.  More bells and whistles are always nice, but with the fairly exhaustive list of existing features, I can't really think of many more we'd need.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:22:24 PM

I am always for instant transactions.  If we ever want any of these cryptos to be used as currencies, they need to have the speed of day-to-day currency use.

Also, I think a new wallet is important BUT, we can't implement that until the API is fully complete.  This is because the HTML front end will need to access it.  I'm +1 for that requirement, but it will need a bit of "side questing" to be completed.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
celebreze32

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:51:14 PM

2. Mobile Wallet

Some sort of wallet pruning to get rid of bloat.
Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 07:55:04 PM

Skerberus has made in the past an One Click Installer for Qora but due to trust issues was not adopted.
We have discussed it before a while @ slack with Skerberus and seems we have found out a possible way to have an one click installer for Windows.
With a bit of research we got a Bat to Exe converter that probably can create an executable file in order to launch Qora wallet (instead of using the .bat file) and Inno Setup to create the one click installer for Windows.
So if those tools can be used by Qora while compiling wallet then for Windows users at least there will a much more friendly approach to Qora.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:07:18 PM

Skerberus has made in the past an One Click Installer for Qora but due to trust issues was not adopted.
We have discussed it before a while @ slack with Skerberus and seems we have found out a possible way to have an one click installer for Windows.
With a bit of research we got a Bat to Exe converter that probably can create an executable file in order to launch Qora wallet (instead of using the .bat file) and Inno Setup to create the one click installer for Windows.
So if those tools can be used by Qora while compiling wallet then for Windows users at least there will a much more friendly approach to Qora.

Great news!!! Bravo!

I would also suggest (if possible) that the command line window is hidden, so that only the wallet window appears -> more user friendly.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 11:11:50 PM

Great news!!! Bravo!

And thanks for passing on the links. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:34:04 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 08:42:06 PM by twistelaar

Update:

Hey everybody! Bitcrea is so kind to make a new ANN/LOGO and Promo VIDEO for Qora for 11 million Qora. Agran donated 5 million, WizzardTim 1 million, so 5 million more to go. Please send to this adress, everything is welcome and remaining will be used for other things: QLmoXVW6GTLcWVpaiDr5brg9CeiFvTCiJo

Lyynx will create a new website and is also in charge of the FB/TWITTER of Qora

Good things happening in 2015!

PS: If you wanna join our slack team, pm me your email and I send you an invite.
merkalor

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:13:12 AM

Great !
Finally the open source was beneficial for the community
Serious things start to move

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
PapillonV

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:01:18 PM

How to update a wallet that data weren't lost? What folders and files need to be saved from an old wallet?
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:43:12 PM

Hey Twist, don't forget my donation! Wink

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:46:46 PM

Nice to see the community donating. I believe the 11 millions will be raised soon Smiley

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:29:51 PM

I'm sorry to admit this, but Qora is going nowhere, it's dead.  Nothing separates Qora from a dozen other Alts, but it also doesn't really matter because there are no users.  Bitcoin is reeling, all major efforts are going into the preservation of Bitcoin.  Most 2nd tier alts won't survive, there will be a couple that make it, my guess is Ripple, Litecoin, Nxt, Ethereum, Bitshares.  Qora is a 4th tier alt at best.  I hate to be negative because we all have the same end goal, but it's reality.

I said it before as a hint. I don't want to say it too strong but there is a definite possibility we could get included in the Gems messenging app later. If so this coin would increase so much it would make your ears bleed. Hold.
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:05:13 PM

I'm sorry to admit this, but Qora is going nowhere, it's dead.  Nothing separates Qora from a dozen other Alts, but it also doesn't really matter because there are no users.  Bitcoin is reeling, all major efforts are going into the preservation of Bitcoin.  Most 2nd tier alts won't survive, there will be a couple that make it, my guess is Ripple, Litecoin, Nxt, Ethereum, Bitshares.  Qora is a 4th tier alt at best.  I hate to be negative because we all have the same end goal, but it's reality.

There are many things that separate Qora from the other alts.

Also, now with OS and slack, the community start to build things.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 05:10:20 PM

I'm sorry to admit this, but Qora is going nowhere, it's dead.  Nothing separates Qora from a dozen other Alts, but it also doesn't really matter because there are no users.  Bitcoin is reeling, all major efforts are going into the preservation of Bitcoin.  Most 2nd tier alts won't survive, there will be a couple that make it, my guess is Ripple, Litecoin, Nxt, Ethereum, Bitshares.  Qora is a 4th tier alt at best.  I hate to be negative because we all have the same end goal, but it's reality.

There are many things that separate Qora from the other alts.

Also, now with OS and slack, the community start to build things.

One big separation between Qora and other alts is I made money on other alts but lost on Qora.  hahahaha

Now I am in for a long hold. 

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 05:26:57 PM

I'm sorry to admit this, but Qora is going nowhere, it's dead.  Nothing separates Qora from a dozen other Alts, but it also doesn't really matter because there are no users.  Bitcoin is reeling, all major efforts are going into the preservation of Bitcoin.  Most 2nd tier alts won't survive, there will be a couple that make it, my guess is Ripple, Litecoin, Nxt, Ethereum, Bitshares.  Qora is a 4th tier alt at best.  I hate to be negative because we all have the same end goal, but it's reality.

I can see how you think that, but you may just be disheartened by the faddishness and short-term frenzying around here. I remember when Reddcoin was trading around 5-6 satoshis: it went nowhere for months. Then, the devs changed RDD from PoW to Proof-of-Stake Velocity - and RDD went on a tear. From ~5, it leapt up to 40.

And then...it sunk down to ~10, and went back to going nowhere.

It's the faddishness that's a real downer. Seeing a coin leap up, seeing excitement coalesce around it, seeing the faddists go elsewhere, and then seeing the formerly hot alt sink back into obscurity again...it's like being teased and tormented. If alts have a theme song, it would be this number by the Eagles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6FsnmaJrQQ

When you're down in the dumps, give it a listen - you'll get some perspective on this frenzied whirl. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:55:11 PM

Qora need to leverage the technology into a real world use somehow. I believe apart from Bitcoin Altcoins won't survive however great they work unless they connect to a real use. The bottom line is Qora is great, probably better than Bitcoin but if only a thousand people even own it then it's doomed.
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:02:30 PM

... but it's reality.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:11:04 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 01:45:29 AM by twistelaar

Hey Twist, don't forget my donation! Wink

Yes RLH also thank you for your donation of almost 2.5 million Smiley

@ Zanzibar, we didnt had a team for 6 months. And we were not OS all that time. Actually Qora and the community are just beginning with creating. So imagine if we are already in the op 80 for 6 months with only the dev working, now we gonna defintely rise to top 40/30 with the work we will put in this project. Now we are teaming up in Slack and dividing tasks an we are going to do serieus marketing from now. Soon our image will be boosted by a new website/ann/promovideo and logo Smiley
Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 01:44:12 AM

I'm sorry to admit this, but Qora is going nowhere, it's dead.  Nothing separates Qora from a dozen other Alts...

You are wrong, there is something in Qora that separates it among dozens of Alts.And it's the developer of Qora.
A developer you relied on an IPO to gather peoples interest in order to bring to life his own invention, a new crypto currency that includes features that the entire world of crypto didn't have (or even knew about it).Look at the Guaranteed Features in the announcement post and compare them with the Completed Features in this thread.Those features has been achieved by one developer, on his own!And guess what, he has not even paid himself for that yet, not a single penny.The IPO money remains untouched.
It's really hard to find personalities like him.Did you valuate properly his work?

Qora is a 4th tier alt at best.

Did you understand the fundamentals and politics of Qora?
It's not just another cryptocurrency among dozens of Alts with glamorous videos and superior press releases.
Qora it is based and relied on ethics crucial for our generation.
Did you evaluated properly the asset / asset exchange capability of Qora?
Did you evaluated properly the Voting System ?
Qora has the most needed technological achievements for our "digital life".
Arbitrary Transactions can be use to store, recover and transfer data.
Automated Transactions can be used to serve us, providing thousands of applications and solutions in this "digital life".Even Internet Of Things can be based on AT.

Really, how this "tier" is estimated ?

I hate to be negative because we all have the same end goal, but it's reality.

... everyone is only here to make money, that's not a community.

I'm sorry for the rage in my words.It's not personal and not have to do with you.. as you said everyone is here to make money and that's why everything in crypto seems ruined right now.

But at least there are a few people who are trying to do something right now hoping to establish a great and healthy organization.
We will definitely have bigger results if more users doing little acts rather than few users doing the whole workload.So everyone is welcomed to join us in this
by filling this form or request a slack invitation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: