Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:49:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Skerberus

Activity: 912
Merit: 664

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:51:46 AM

I successfully created a simple windows installation with the free tool inno setup. Of course the compiling and uploading needs to be done by qora, because he is the person with most trust.

@Qora you need to do the following to compile the executable:

Download and install Inno Setup: http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

Download the following script file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!8t4QAIrI!kzFKVOImbhSR6as2dRY-uBgn2p88oi3bhlRNWCGxeRA

copy the complete qora (including the executable that you already made for v14 and which still works) to "G:\development\qora\" OR change that path in the *.iss script (2 occurences in the script file if you want to put it at another place).

compile it with inno setup and you will have the one click installer executable.

Feel free to ask me if you or anyone else needs help.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:58:19 AM

I understand zanzibar's frustration and I'd be feeling just as he does if I didn't have hope for what I see as possible.  However, I will mention what makes Qora VERY unique.  I won't explain how I will be using this to my advantage but, to my knowledge, this uniqueness does not exist within any other coin.

Actually, there are two simple concepts that Qora uses, that I personally find beneficial-- assets can be issued very cheaply AND assets can be traded for other assets.

Coins with Asset Exchanges is nothing new.  I believe Nxt was the first to implement such a feature and, whether copycats or not, more followed.  When QoraDev created his AE for his coin, he decided to add Asset-To-Asset trading.  I don't think this was a decision that was made on a whim.  Some may think this is a novel feature but I think that's because we're not thinking outside of the common paradigm of what digital, cryptographic assets are capable of representing.

To date, most crypto-assets that are worth mentioning are pseudo-stocks.  They are investments in project endeavours that hope to grow in success and worth.  There success is to trickle into these assets via dividends or high-priced buy backs, made by the asset issuer.

However, assets can be more than stocks.  They can be "tokens" intended to represent something of value.  As an example, let's say I have 1,000 silver, 1 Oz coins.  I could create an asset with 1,000 tokens, issue the asset and say if you buy these for x Qora, you are buying one of my coins.  If you would like me for to ship your coins to you, send your tokens to account X and send a message with your shipping address.  Otherwise, I'll hold the silver and you can sell the coins to someone else, at some other time.

I've now created an asset with direct, real world worth.  It's not really a "stock" in a company, but it is a digital asset that has a pegged value to a commonly traded commodity.  Now, let's say that people really like this idea and they trust that I'm being honest when I say that I have 1,00 ounces of silver.  People buy my silver tokens and hold them.  Some intend to never redeem them but, as the value of silver arises, they hope to sell the coins back to whomever has placed lower priced buy orders on the orderbook. 

Though I hold the silver in my lockbox, people are trading my silver tokens as if they own the physical objects.  This now isn't a speculative market, easily manipulated by a 2-5 people who each own 1-5% of all of the available assets.  Anyone who sells these assets well below the going rate of silver is either seriously in need of money, or is foolishly trying to manipulate a crypto-asset that has ties to a real-world marketplace that they cannot control.  The asset is pegged to real-world silver because it is backed by real silver, and it is redeemable for the real thing.

Time passes and after seeing the wild success of my silver asset, I decide to issue another asset-- GOLD!  In this case, I am offering 1 Oz gold coins.  Realizing that this is a desirable service, I now create an asset with 100,000 tokens, each worth 1 Oz in Gold.  However, I only sell off what inventory I hold and I created an asset with a ridiculous amount because I never know how big this might grow! I can sell off 5-10 assets at a time and I can send and ship these coins as the requests come in. 

I'm now a metal dealer, and it's all from a blockchain!  How cool is that!

I now have two assets, pegged to real world commodities.  People can buy and sell them from my "house book" and to others.  As time passes, a few traders may realize that, Aha!, they'd like to try and leverage a little profit by flipping back and forth between gold and silver.  They can do this in two ways-- sell metal #1 token for Qora, and then use the income to buy the metal #2 OR they could release a pair-trade for the other type of asset.  This skips losing money from having to work the spread of two order books.

Now we have people buying and selling Silver and Qora, Gold and Qora and Silver and... Gold! (Cue Burl Ives!)

This is a very, VERY basic example of how asset-to-asset trading is extremely important.  Let your imagination run wild with the possibilities and if you have the chops to manage a simple variation of what I've outlined above, then do it.  This is the type of thing that could get people moving into Qora.  You could easily create these types of assets in other coins, but there is no easy/fast way to move asset "value" to another asset, without selling off one asset to the base currency, to then buy up the order book of another asset.  It's inefficient, and after trading on AEs since the inception, I've found it's not cheap when you want to make big moves. 

You really have to watch the markets, monitor your trades and take your time far more than should be necessary.

Asset-to-asset trading could be the future and Qora has a significant head start.  We just need to start finding meaningful ways of using this feature.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:29:37 AM

If im not misunderstanding Qora could be the backbone of a completely new financial system. A new Digital comex of metal traders even a digital forex market based on actual currencies? Someone really needs to develop a proper Gold back cypto that can scale as they grow vaulted inventory.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 04:39:24 AM

If im not misunderstanding Qora could be the backbone of a completely new financial system. A new Digital comex of metal traders even a digital forex market based on actual currencies? Someone really needs to develop a proper Gold back cypto that can scale as they grow vaulted inventory.

Nice thought, but for that you need the gold...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:43:02 AM

Nice thought, but for that you need the gold...

The idea of scalable is the key. You could start with say Silver and only have 100 ounces, only sell 100 coins, as you make a profit buy more silver and issue for coins/token for the silver. You might have to label the different batches ie Silver batch 1, 2, 3, 4 etc Cheap assets making gives for that with Qora.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:13:28 AM

Very important and interesting post @rlh!

@twistelaar, community: Maybe we can contact whoever made the Litecoin Silver Coins (if I remember well his username is smoothie), to make something for Qora, eg. a silver coin or an asset for direct silver purchage. Also, we can contact all businesses/individuals that made assets for silver/gold.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:39:04 AM

Very important and interesting post @rlh!

@twistelaar, community: Maybe we can contact whoever made the Litecoin Silver Coins (if I remember well his username is smoothie), to make something for Qora, eg. a silver coin or an asset for direct silver purchage. Also, we can contact all businesses/individuals that made assets for silver/gold.

Hey Tim! Is there a way u can contact him? and Ask him about?
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:39:35 AM

Guys what is up with the giveaway?

It has been more than a week yet I haven't received anything....

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 09:17:33 AM

When new version will be released?
gomei

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:27:28 AM

When new version will be released?
waiting too for this.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:20:30 AM

I posted a thread about this a while ago but didn't get any replies so I'll ask here.

Does anyone know of any good assets on the asset exchange? I don't want to sound too negative or anything but the current asset exchange is a bit, well... lacking in quality. Compare this with NXT's asset exchange which has lots of high-quality assets. NXT probably wouldn't be where it is today without people like jl777. Perhaps Qora needs someone similar who can spark new development and help further the coin beyond the core protocol.

Guys what is up with the giveaway?

It has been more than a week yet I haven't received anything....

I'm not sure but according to the thread (link), it might not be running anymore. I think the last payments went out on the 14th of December.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:20:35 PM

What's the latest, I haven't heard a thing from Qora in ages.
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:33:13 PM

Any news about AT?
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:34:42 PM

Progress of Qora is slow these days.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:35:59 PM

That's just how he works, quietly and diligently coding away.  Also, as per Ciyam's post in the AT bounty thread, he might be on holiday.  Either way, now that Qora is open source, we don't just have to rely on one developer.  Someone is bound to be working on something good.
gomei

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:01:07 AM

Progress of Qora is slow these days.
any news from Qora in irc?

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:39:58 AM

Anyone know something we don't? The vol on BTER just exploded. Insider buying? Maybe the AT developers know it's about to be released?
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:14:49 PM

It looks like someone made a 270m dump.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:25:27 PM

I understand zanzibar's frustration and I'd be feeling just as he does if I didn't have hope for what I see as possible.  However, I will mention what makes Qora VERY unique.  I won't explain how I will be using this to my advantage but, to my knowledge, this uniqueness does not exist within any other coin.

Actually, there are two simple concepts that Qora uses, that I personally find beneficial-- assets can be issued very cheaply AND assets can be traded for other assets.

Coins with Asset Exchanges is nothing new.  I believe Nxt was the first to implement such a feature and, whether copycats or not, more followed.  When QoraDev created his AE for his coin, he decided to add Asset-To-Asset trading.  I don't think this was a decision that was made on a whim.  Some may think this is a novel feature but I think that's because we're not thinking outside of the common paradigm of what digital, cryptographic assets are capable of representing.

To date, most crypto-assets that are worth mentioning are pseudo-stocks.  They are investments in project endeavours that hope to grow in success and worth.  There success is to trickle into these assets via dividends or high-priced buy backs, made by the asset issuer.

However, assets can be more than stocks.  They can be "tokens" intended to represent something of value.  As an example, let's say I have 1,000 silver, 1 Oz coins.  I could create an asset with 1,000 tokens, issue the asset and say if you buy these for x Qora, you are buying one of my coins.  If you would like me for to ship your coins to you, send your tokens to account X and send a message with your shipping address.  Otherwise, I'll hold the silver and you can sell the coins to someone else, at some other time.

I've now created an asset with direct, real world worth.  It's not really a "stock" in a company, but it is a digital asset that has a pegged value to a commonly traded commodity.  Now, let's say that people really like this idea and they trust that I'm being honest when I say that I have 1,00 ounces of silver.  People buy my silver tokens and hold them.  Some intend to never redeem them but, as the value of silver arises, they hope to sell the coins back to whomever has placed lower priced buy orders on the orderbook. 

Though I hold the silver in my lockbox, people are trading my silver tokens as if they own the physical objects.  This now isn't a speculative market, easily manipulated by a 2-5 people who each own 1-5% of all of the available assets.  Anyone who sells these assets well below the going rate of silver is either seriously in need of money, or is foolishly trying to manipulate a crypto-asset that has ties to a real-world marketplace that they cannot control.  The asset is pegged to real-world silver because it is backed by real silver, and it is redeemable for the real thing.

Time passes and after seeing the wild success of my silver asset, I decide to issue another asset-- GOLD!  In this case, I am offering 1 Oz gold coins.  Realizing that this is a desirable service, I now create an asset with 100,000 tokens, each worth 1 Oz in Gold.  However, I only sell off what inventory I hold and I created an asset with a ridiculous amount because I never know how big this might grow! I can sell off 5-10 assets at a time and I can send and ship these coins as the requests come in. 

I now have two assets, pegged to real world commodities.  People can buy and sell them from my "house book" and to others.  As time passes, a few traders may realize that, Aha!, they'd like to try and leverage a little profit by flipping back and forth between gold and silver.  They can do this in two ways-- sell metal #1 token for Qora, and then use the income to buy the metal #2 OR they could release a pair-trade for the other type of asset.  This skips losing money from having to work the spread of two order books.

Now we have people buying and selling Silver and Qora, Gold and Qora and Silver and... Gold! (Cue Burl Ives!)

This is a very, VERY basic example of how asset-to-asset trading is extremely important.  Let your imagination run wild with the possibilities and if you have the chops to manage a simple variation of what I've outlined above, then do it.  This is the type of thing that could get people moving into Qora.  You could easily create these types of assets in other coins, but there is no easy/fast way to move asset "value" to another asset, without selling off one asset to the base currency, to then buy up the order book of another asset.  It's inefficient, and after trading on AEs since the inception, I've found it's not cheap when you want to make big moves. 

You really have to watch the markets, monitor your trades and take your time far more than should be necessary.

Asset-to-asset trading could be the future and Qora has a significant head start.  We just need to start finding meaningful ways of using this feature.

Looks like my posts are being deleted.  Anyway, I feel like your efforts are wasted here rlh.  Only a few coins will survive the BTC Armageddon, Qora will not be one of them.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:43:32 PM

Looks like my posts are being deleted.  Anyway, I feel like your efforts are wasted here rlh.  Only a few coins will survive the BTC Armageddon, Qora will not be one of them.

Qora will piggyback GEMS success, trust me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: