Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:34:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vrontis

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 11:20:15 PM

As you may aware AT is almost ready, (vbcs stated that is 95% done) but due to the absence of Qora dev AT can't go live till Qora dev came back and compile it.

AT team offered to release a wallet update with the AT on Qora live in the near future in order to achieve the AT integration on Qora.

In a few words what does this means...

AT team is not taking over Qora, it is just releasing AT within a new wallet update.
AT team is clearly responsible for the AT and this means that the team will be active on AT, monitoring it and deploying several cases of AT.
Qora dev is the main dev and also he is considered as a member of the AT team as well (he is already worked on the integration and learned AT).But due to his absence and the new wallet update you might think that he is getting kicked out of the project which is not the case, the new wallet update will have the same rules applied by Qora so far and will also have AT live.

I will place a poll about that in the next couple of days to let the community decide if we proceed with this update in the near future.
In the meantime please raise any questions that you might have and I'll do my best to answer properly declaring everything.

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 02:13:11 AM

As you may aware AT is almost ready, (vbcs stated that is 95% done) but due to the absence of Qora dev AT can't go live till Qora dev came back and compile it.

AT team offered to release a wallet update with the AT on Qora live in the near future in order to achieve the AT integration on Qora.

AT team is not taking over Qora, it is just releasing AT within a new wallet update.
AT team is clearly responsible for the AT and this means that the team will be active on AT, monitoring it and deploying several cases of AT.
Qora dev is the main dev and also he is considered as a member of the AT team as well (he is already worked on the integration and learned AT).But due to his absence and the new wallet update you might think that he is getting kicked out of the project which is not the case, the new wallet update will have the same rules applied by Qora so far and will also have AT live.

I will place a poll about that in the next couple of days to let the community decide if we proceed with this update in the near future.
In the meantime please raise any questions that you might have and I'll do my best to answer properly declaring everything.

We need a new team to  take over Qora.
Apparently the creator of qora has abandon his coin.
Even if he come back, he may disappear again as this time.
it's absolutely a bad thing for the develop of this coin.
This coin have open source, the job of qora is done.
He is not a responsible developer.
He claim it will open within 1 month, but after 7 month, the source was released.
People may expect the price can rise up after source released, but it is not.
Because the investors were disappointed the developer.
His leaving is good thing, either the coin dead or rebirth by a new team.

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:26:32 AM

Damn BCNext left again like with NxT  Undecided

Well i'm not really surprised he left us a legacy

Let's take care of this baby now  

His sockpuppet shouldn't be far anyway for help Smiley
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 04:43:49 AM

Once again, it's time to play ... "Who's On A Fork?!"

DeMap

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:50:22 AM

Seams like he forgot to OS the native libraries before he left the community.
Does vbcs have access to native libraries SC?
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:13:15 AM

Damn BCNext left again like with NxT  Undecided

Well i'm not really surprised he left us a legacy

Let's take care of this baby now  

His sockpuppet shouldn't be far anyway for help Smiley

Cool The pattern is the same indeed.

Well,

qora is a coin that has a bright future whatever the case.

Let's make it happen!!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:37:59 AM

I dunno if Qora has a future or not and I recognize Qora is/was a great developer but seriously what an Autistic Wack Job. The guy only needed to post a few things now and again and the coin could of been up there with NXT. For someone who put so much effort into coding to just let the coin die on the vine due to his lack of social skills was too painful to watch any longer. I had ALOT of Qora but I sold and went all in on GEMS. You can attack me but I was a massive supporter for a long time of Qora but I lost my patience with the developer and the community here. We should of gone OS for one thing much earlier and the community should of sorted the wallet earlier and pushed for OS to do it.

Trust me I had more to lose than almost everyone on here, I owned over 5% of Qora cause I went all in on it during the IPO when no one even knew it was legit and held it for months even when it was worth 100 sats, I could of bagged hundreds of BTC when BTC was actually worth something. I hope the coin can come out of this funk but secretly hope it doesn't cause like I said I did own a lot of it so I will regret my decision. Good luck. Can I suggest you get a skilled developer onboard even you might want to ask the NXT community if anyone wants to come onboard. Start a thread and do an open ask for talent.

Qora may turn up who knows but even if he does he is the genius and also the Achilles heel of the project at the same time. It might be better without him going forward anyway. At least now you can start making proactive decisions.
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:45:52 AM

I dunno if Qora has a future or not and I recognize Qora is/was a great developer but seriously what a wack job. The guy only needed to post a few things now and again and the coin could of been up there with NXT. I had ALOT of Qora but I sold and went all in on GEMS. You can attack me but I was a massive supporter for a long time of Qora but I lost my patience with the developer and the community here. We should of gone OS for one thing much earlier and the community should of sorted the wallet earlier and pushed for OS to do it.

Trust me I had more to lose than almost everyone on here, I owned over 5% of Qora cause I went all in on it during the IPO when no one even knew it was legit and held it for months even when it was worth 100 sats, I could of bagged hundreds of BTC when BTC was actually worth something. I hope the coin can come out of this funk but secretly hope it doesn't cause like I said I did own a lot of it so I will regret my decision. Good luck. Can I suggest you get a skilled developer onboard even you might want to ask the NXT community if anyone wants to come onboard. Start a thread and do an open ask for talent.

Qora may turn up who knows but even if he does he is the genius and also the Achilles heel of the project at the same time. It might be better without him going forward anyway. At least now you can start making proactive decisions.

I do not see the dev as the Achilles heel. I mean we voted for OS during the first phases and most of us wanted the OS to come later. Also the dev developed all the features that he promised.

So, it's a success story to my eyes. In terms of trust and features. I also invested a lot, but I'm in till the end.

You can still buy in if you want. Can't see why not..

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:12:39 AM

I dunno if Qora has a future or not and I recognize Qora is/was a great developer but seriously what a wack job. The guy only needed to post a few things now and again and the coin could of been up there with NXT. I had ALOT of Qora but I sold and went all in on GEMS. You can attack me but I was a massive supporter for a long time of Qora but I lost my patience with the developer and the community here. We should of gone OS for one thing much earlier and the community should of sorted the wallet earlier and pushed for OS to do it.

I do not see the dev as the Achilles heel. I mean we voted for OS during the first phases and most of us wanted the OS to come later. Also the dev developed all the features that he promised.

So, it's a success story to my eyes. In terms of trust and features. I also invested a lot, but I'm in till the end.

You can still buy in if you want. Can't see why not..

Come on a very low percentage actually voted and were swayed but a couple of very vocal people who quite quickly wandered off to the next big thing anyway. I mean you wouldnt vote a president in on 5% voting. I actually could of thrown my large amount of coins at the vote but decided not to, which I regret cause I still say the community made a poor decision. Everyone with some experience in crypto knows clones actually are the best advertisment for a coin instead people tried too hard to block them isolating Qora. There was a few months where Qora could of rocketed in profile due to it being a new code, a few months later there were tons of new codes and no one cared anymore. That's why I believe the coin was mismanaged by an inexperienced community and a developer with zero interest in PR. So I actually blame the community more than Qora.

Yes Qora was just following the community but I think he should of been a bit stronger in directing Qora. In many ways Qora IS a great coin but recognizing the things that have held back one of the most technically great coins to be treated like a shitcoin should be done. The fact is its a better coin than many coins in the top 20 on coinmarketcap, much better. If I didn't think it wasn't I wouldnt of held on so long and it wouldnt of been so frustrating.

You could take what I'm saying as an attack or negative but I'm being honest about Qora's problems to be helpful, cause if you don't then how you gonna fix things and go forward in a better direction?
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:22:49 AM

Come on a very low percentage actually voted and were swayed but a couple of very vocal people who quite quickly wandered off to the next big thing anyway. I mean you wouldnt vote a president in on 5% voting. I actually could of thrown my large amount of coins at the vote but decided not to, which I regret cause I still say the community made a poor decision. Everyone with some experience in crypto knows clones actually are the best advertisment for a coin instead people tried too hard to block them isolating Qora. There was a few months where Qora could of rocketed in profile due to it being a new code, a few months later there were tons of new codes and no one cared anymore. That's why I believe the coin was mismanaged by an inexperienced community and a developer with zero interest in PR. So I actually blame the community more than Qora.

Yes Qora was just following the community but I think he should of been a bit stronger in directing Qora. In many ways Qora IS a great coin but recognizing the things that have held back one of the most technically great coins to be treated like a shitcoin should be done. The fact is its a better coin than many coins in the top 20 on coinmarketcap, much better. If I didn't think it wasn't I wouldnt of held on so long and it wouldnt of been so frustrating.

You could take what I'm saying as an attack or negative but I'm being honest about Qora's problems to be helpful, cause if you don't then how you gonna fix things and go forward in a better direction?

The voting is democratic, thus if only the 5% participated and the rest 95% did not, then the decision is taken based on this small 5%..

Qora indeed is better than many coind is the top 20, as you say Smiley

I'm not taking this as an attack.

EDIT: Things will move towards a better direction, there is a plan!

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:36:37 PM

Ok maybe the OS should have been released before but things are done now and we have to move forward
Yep it's just the beginning
All the people who want to participate are welcome
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:29:16 PM

The events as of late are very disappointing. I really hope this project is able to re-organize and emerge as I really do believe in Qora coin. BTW, it is really not a good thing when the coin's website is down Sad

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:48:02 PM

Knock! knock! knock! Who is there??

hmmm... it's me @qora

OMG really?

no i am just kidding
agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:56:48 PM

settings.json
Code:
"knownpeers":["146.185.141.232","162.243.170.76","42.159.153.145","88.198.69.99","85.21.237.35","193.242.149.63","113.250.226.131","104.194.79.108","106.187.42.214","108.170.40.2","178.254.232.144","106.186.122.39","198.23.202.121","192.243.117.77","212.18.225.189","108.174.62.237","192.3.177.242","192.3.27.3","162.221.184.126","212.18.225.170","192.227.139.228"],

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:11:57 AM

(And at this point I guess I'll jump on the 'he's not coming back' bandwagon for shits & giggles).

So, what happens when Poloniex gives up waiting on @qora to respond to their wallet issues?

They obviously can't figure out how to get their wallet to work on their own (yet Bter can?), or all of us with funds stuck would already have our Qora. 

Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:19:02 AM

It's pretty sad to see the dev leave after he did such a good job with the coin. It is time for a takeover now I believe.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
richwang01

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:06:03 AM

Qora dev will NOT leave this coin, this is for sure!
Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 08:15:34 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 08:10:14 PM by Tuck Fheman

Agreed, it would make no sense if they did.  However, @qora could stop the panic selling and FUD (and get more people on board) if he posted something here, there, anywhere.

It appears to be a critical juncture for Qora. Some want to take over the project, some want to invest but are nervous due to the dev's absence and others are panic selling and pulling out the hammer and nails.  

As I've stated privately ... I'm still buying and hodling.

I have faith @qora will return, but even if he doesn't (not likely) I think there are enough competent coders around that will recognize the opportunity that has been handed to them and seize it.

Qora will be just fine either way, so buy it up while it's low and hodl.

Update : Just noticed he logged in here today. Wrong.

AhmedAshraf

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:53:31 AM

Agreed, it would make no sense if they did.  However, @qora could stop the panic selling and FUD (and get more people on board) if he posted something here, there, anywhere.

It appears to be a critical juncture for Qora. Some want to take over the project, some want to invest but are nervous due to the dev's absence and others are panic selling and pulling out the hammer and nails.  

I have faith @qora will return, but even if he doesn't (not likely) I think there are enough competent coders around that will recognize the opportunity that has been handed to them and seize it.

Update : Just noticed he logged in here today.
He didn't : Last active : January the 17th

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
lovewiki

Activity: 271

Share Love

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 06:10:16 PM

Update : Just noticed he logged in here today.
He didn't : Last active : January the 17th

Why so worry? Last time Qora was not active for even a longer period. This time the coin is already open-source and we don't have to be afraid of his absence any more.

Register for FREE Bitcoin!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: