Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:37:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113723 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 06:15:50 PM

He didn't : Last active : January the 17th

Doh, I was looking at the wrong line.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 06:18:27 PM

Why so worry? Last time Qora was not active for even a longer period. This time the coin is already open-source and we don't have to be afraid of his absence any more.

Exactly ... sort of. Wink

I believe there is still an issue with some of the DLL's(?).

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 06:54:37 PM

I can assure you all that the AT devs would like nothing more than @qora to re-appear and finish what we he had started.

But we are losing momentum in regards to getting ACCT happening (which could be a game-changer for this whole field).

If @qora does re-appear then he is welcome to continue where he left off but if you guys want AT (and therefore ACCT) any time soon then it might be best to allow a fork (which would not change any rules about the distribution of QORA).

Of course it is up to the Qora community what they want to do - if they don't want a new version created by the AT team then we have no problem with that.

BTW - I own *zero* QORA and stand to make none whichever way the community decides to proceed.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:05:22 PM

I can assure you all that the AT devs would like nothing more than @qora to re-appear and finish what we he had started.

But we are losing momentum in regards to getting ACCT happening (which could be a game-changer for this whole field).

If @qora does re-appear then he is welcome to continue where he left off but if you guys want AT (and therefore ACCT) any time soon then it might be best to allow a fork (which would not change any rules about the distribution of QORA).

Of course it is up to the Qora community what they want to do - if they don't want a new version created by the AT team then we have no problem with that.

BTW - I own *zero* QORA and stand to make none whichever way the community decides to proceed.

I sense a poll coming!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 07:05:29 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 11:50:18 PM by Vrontis

The poll has been created

The poll is needed in order for the AT team gain authorization to review and study the code that they have access in the private repo and then conclude if they can deliver a new wallet version with AT live.

What exactly does that mean.

As you may aware Qora source code is not 100% opened.
Once AT team gained authorization will start reviewing and studying the resources they have in order to conclude if a new wallet version can be delivered.
The results of that review will be announced in public and more likely they will have two answers.

AT team can deliver a new wallet version
AT team cannot deliver a new wallet version.

In the scenario that AT team can deliver a new wallet version, as I said this does not mean that Qora dev is getting kicked out of the project and it's not a "take over" attempt.The new version will have the same rules applied by Qora and it will also have AT live on Qora's blockchain.
Also, me and skerberus we are going to work with the AT team in order to see if it can be included the Pull Request skerberus did made into the new version and also to have the windows installer as well.
I will make sure that there will be a lot of tests before everything goes live to ensure stability of the network and of course, notify everyone to upgrade in order to avoid forks.
AT team is responsible for Automated Transactions and this means that the team will be active and deploying AT and several use cases on top of Qora (ACCT, Crowd Funding, Dormant Transfers etc).

In the scenario that AT team cannot deliver a new wallet version this does not means a lot at the moment but in the future might turn's out to be crucial for Qora.If there will be no further updates this means that any progress might be stopped for an unknown period of time.Of course is always up to Qora dev or anyone who is capable enough to proceed with further development but I have to mention this out due to his absence and have you all aware of that.

Please, vote in order express your opinion and of course express it in here as well.
As I said I would give my best to answer all of your questions.

EDIT : The poll ends on Sunday, 15 of February on the first block after 23:55 GMT

Vrontis

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 07:13:50 PM

Seams like he forgot to OS the native libraries before he left the community.
Does vbcs have access to native libraries SC?

No he hasn't.

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 07:19:14 PM

Seams like he forgot to OS the native libraries before he left the community.
Does vbcs have access to native libraries SC?

No he hasn't.

These have been assessed and can likely be replaced with OS versions (it might not be trivial to do this though).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Vrontis

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 08:00:00 PM

Exactly ... sort of. Wink

I believe there is still an issue with some of the DLL's(?).

I have to wait for someone else's approval before I can release those.

These have been assessed and can likely be replaced with OS versions (it might not be trivial to do this though).

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:50:09 PM

Thank you so much Vrontis & AT team for this important plan!

Any deadline for the vote?

Hope the community votes for a yes, since this guarantees the future of qora. The dev would want us to keep growing and developing this gem he created.

Of course we thank qora and he is welcome anytime!  Smiley Smiley

Vrontis

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 10:01:40 PM

Hope the community votes for a yes, since this guarantees the future of qora. The dev would want us to keep growing and developing this gem he created.

Of course we thank qora and he is welcome anytime!  Smiley Smiley

Thanks wizzardTim for noted that.I have edited the poll announcement post and added the deadline.
So it will run for a week, I think is fair enough.

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:04:53 PM

Thanks wizzardTim for noted that.I have edited the poll announcement post and added the deadline.

Yeah, I think a week is sufficient enough!

So, come on community, time to vote!

xyz

Activity: 1848
Merit: 772

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:13:00 PM

I am very saddened by the disappearance of @Qora. He has created a very good coin and I would very much hope he would come back. It is very strange that no one here has direct contact with him.
On the other hand, if the community manages that the coin is growing and success ... then that would be perhaps even better than with only one dev...
I will hold my coins and see what will happen... 
Good luck for all of us and for @Qora too (if he read this! And perhaps he can tell us why he does what he does...)!

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:51:00 AM

My coins are on the yes. I don't think there is a another choice unfortunately.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

richwang01

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:21:36 AM

Don't worry, guys, even Qora left this project, there will other guys taking over his job, it will never die.
richwang01

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:37:19 AM

Yeah, I think a week is sufficient enough!

So, come on community, time to vote!

Maybe he hit something unexpected, and this will take a long time, so be patient, I believe he will come back.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:00:57 AM

Go AT Qora Team

QCNext will come back
Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 02:59:32 AM

QCNext will come back

lel

Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:42:03 PM

I have to wait for someone else's approval before I can release those.

Thanks Vrontis for setting the vote pole. Seems 'yes' is only option imo.

Strange that @qora is not coming around. Speculation here but my take is that qora was originally paid by someone or a group to develop qora (as hinted in the above quote) and maybe as part of the deal the investors required his absence after a certain date without releasing part of the code. Again, speculation...anyway, this action requires the community to take up development, which I think will happen.

Qora is such an awesome dev, I hate that he is absent. I really hope he comes back, maybe under sockpuppet  Tongue Wink Grin
Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 07:16:14 PM

Speculation here but my take is that qora was originally paid by someone or a group to develop qora (as hinted in the above quote) and maybe as part of the deal the investors required his absence after a certain date without releasing part of the code.

pippo

Activity: 192
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:55:45 PM

Oh man, Qora scam or what?

QORA|NEW CODE|QZypEij9Y3p7xw7bWmmc3d9HRpSZFbBcrC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: