Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:58:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vrontis

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 11:31:05 AM

Are you aware that we also have Arbitrary Transaction for uploading arbitrary bits of data to the blockchain?  Wink  I wonder if we can use that to our advantage...

Yes i am.
You are actually asking the right person the right question. Why are you asking? Huh Huh Huh

Talking about Arbitrary Messages can we please get rid of this Base58 encoding in API calls.
Look at the Qora Base58 implementation (@https://github.com/Qora/Qora/blob/master/Qora/src/qora/crypto/Base58.java ) and you will see it was never designed to process large amounts of Data like a 4kb Arbitrary Message.
In fact it's ridiculous slow and memory consuming. Can we please switch to HEX encoding for the next version?

This has been applied by Qora and it will be followed for the next releases that the AT team will handle.
Qora rules will be followed.

calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:34:39 AM

Yes i am.
You are actually asking the right person the right question. Why are you asking? Huh Huh Huh

Talking about Arbitrary Messages can we please get rid of this Base58 encoding in API calls.
Look at the Qora Base58 implementation (@https://github.com/Qora/Qora/blob/master/Qora/src/qora/crypto/Base58.java ) and you will see it was never designed to process large amounts of Data like a 4kb Arbitrary Message.
In fact it's ridiculous slow and memory consuming. Can we please switch to HEX encoding for the next version?

LOL  Cheesy Cheesy

Are you sure you're not Qora Dev in disguise???  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I was starting to have my suspicion.  Cheesy Cheesy There is no way you're a newbie with 4 posts.. lol

Funny you should mention it because I actually talked to Qora Dev about size limit (message size)... I cannot recall what he told me, but I am pretty sure it was never designed for large amount of data...

HEX is a good choice.. In fact, I think you should be Qora's lead dev.. I hereby nominate you! haha.

Think about that, friend..  Cheesy Cheesy
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 11:35:46 AM

The account would be determined as a hash of the actual machine code for the AT (which might also take into account the account of the creator and perhaps some other metadata such as its description, etc. to ensure there should be very little chance that your AT create tx fails due to an existing AT with the same account id).

All initial data for an AT is part of the AT creation tx (so is of course stored in the blockchain) but subsequent state data does not need to be sent around nor stored in the blockchain (just the hash of it does).

AT is actually an extremely "lean and mean" design (and IMO the most efficient Turing complete solution on offer).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
calvinstm

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:39:03 AM

So I just thought of this...

Let's say we have a portal/gateway that sells an AT-enabled token CIYAM-Bitcoin (which represents a Bitcoin IOU in the trading network) and set the exchange rate of Bitcoin to CIYAM-Bitcoin to 1:1. This portal is solely responsible for converting Bitcoin to AT-enable Bitcoin IOU (CIYAM-Bitcoin) and vice versa.

Doesn't that mean we will have the means to trade BITCOIN against any other AT-enabled cryptocurrency (Qora and Burst for starter)?

So a fully decentralized bitcoin-based exchange is certainly feasible, don't you think?

calvinstm

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:48:06 AM

The account would be determined as a hash of the actual machine code for the AT (which might also take into account the account of the creator and perhaps some other metadata such as its description, etc. to ensure there should be very little chance that your AT create tx fails due to an existing AT with the same account id).

All initial data for an AT is part of the AT creation tx (so is of course stored in the blockchain) but subsequent state data does not need to be sent around nor stored in the blockchain (just the hash of it does).

AT is actually an extremely "lean and mean" design (and IMO the most efficient Turing complete solution on offer).

Thank you! I got it..  So nothing is being changed or stored at runtime (both data and code remain persistent).  Even the account hash is determined based on an amalgam of data.

That's brilliant!  Thanks for the explanation.  Smiley
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 12:03:23 PM

So a fully decentralized bitcoin-based exchange is certainly feasible, don't you think?

The problem is basically achieving ACCT with Bitcoin - the technique that forum member TierNolan outlined is what the ACCT AT was based upon but it relies upon nLockTime which is "non-standard" (until after the time has been reached) so although possible it would be a bit clumsy to do with Bitcoin.

With Qora to Burst it will have a simple UI and work without requiring trust or any centralised website.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

calvinstm

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:15:28 PM

Speaking of GUI, I asked Qora Dev a question concerning GUI a long time ago (when we had weekly 'features' votes... One of the things was "Wallet Upgrades")... He told me GUI would eventually go OS.  But looks like he forgot to OS certain things before he left..

Quote from: calvinstm
Hi Qora Dev,

I have an idea for the wallet upgrade option today.  I was thinking, what if we have a custom plugins and skin/theme system for Qora wallet?  Grin So 3rd party developer can create different plugins to expand the features of Qora wallet (and artists can create custom themes).  To accomplish that, I'm thinking you will probably need a scripting engine (maybe based on Lua).  Wink

For instance, there is a folder called "Plugins" and another folder called "Theme" inside wallet folder.  At the startup, the wallet will load all the plugins and skin/theme inside those folders.

Do you think it's something that can be added to the Wallet Upgrade option in voting list?  Cheesy  If you don't like my idea, just ignore it. No worries.  Wink

Another thing, could you tell me how much time (approximate) is needed to do wallet upgrades? I think it should take no more 1 week. Am I wrong in assuming this?

Thank you!

PS: You're the best!

This could be done easily when the GUI is opensource.
It already uses a system to change to the OS theme.
calvinstm

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:24:04 PM

The problem is basically achieving ACCT with Bitcoin - the technique that forum member TierNolan outlined is what the ACCT AT was based upon but it relies upon nLockTime which is "non-standard" (until after the time has been reached) so although possible it would be a bit clumsy to do with Bitcoin.

With Qora to Burst it will have a simple UI and work without requiring trust or any centralised website.

I understand having an intermediary coin is also a clumsy way to solve the problem, but I just thought it might be easier than doing a real ACCT with Bitcoin.  Smiley  I don't know.

It seems like we're having a race to see which group will come up with a working decentralized exchange first (SuperNet, MGW, InstantDEX come to mind)..

I really hope to see AT becomes the dominant player. Smiley
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 12:41:31 PM

We are hoping to get a Bitcoin clone to implement AT (it has been designed in a way that it should be able to work with Bitcoin's Script engine with just one new op code being required).

If this is achieved then AT would end up being the "standard" method to do such ACCT transfers and a marketplace could evolve in each supporting blockchain.

calvinstm

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 01:15:59 PM

If this is achieved then AT would end up being the "standard" method to do such ACCT transfers and a marketplace could evolve in each supporting blockchain.

Wow!! Very encouraging news! It'd certainly be awesome to see AT becomes the de facto standard for ACCT transfers!

Do we have a candidate already?  Smiley  It will be a major win for AT system if we can convince one of the two big guys (Litecoin or Dodgecoin) to incorporate AT into its core and serve as base currency in the AT system. Grin Grin

But before that can happen, I'm sure we need to get a smaller coin onboard first (to show that we have a viable and stable working system).

Happy with the direction AT is going!  Grin Grin Glad to have you here, CIYAM!
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 01:26:36 PM

But before that can happen, I'm sure we need to get a smaller coin onboard first (to show that we have a viable and stable working system).

This is our main focus for now - improving AT (there is now both an assembler and a debugger) and getting ACCT to work across two blockchains.

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:32:57 PM

We are hoping to get a Bitcoin clone to implement AT (it has been designed in a way that it should be able to work with Bitcoin's Script engine with just one new op code being required).

Original Bitcoin  Cool
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:43:19 PM

Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer means that i can transfer my bitcoins to qora or burst or another altcoins blockchain? it means ACCT can be used like an p2p exchange ? am i wrong?
Vrontis

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 09:33:33 PM

Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer means that i can transfer my bitcoins to qora or burst or another altcoins blockchain? it means ACCT can be used like an p2p exchange ? am i wrong?

ACCT does not mean that you can move your Qora coin into your burst wallet.
It means that you can trade your Qora coins for Burst coins (selling your Qora to buy Burst) in a 100% decentralized way.

Vrontis

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 09:38:38 PM

Wow!! Very encouraging news! It'd certainly be awesome to see AT becomes the de facto standard for ACCT transfers!

Do we have a candidate already?  Smiley  It will be a major win for AT system if we can convince one of the two big guys (Litecoin or Dodgecoin) to incorporate AT into its core and serve as base currency in the AT system. Grin Grin

Happy with the direction AT is going!  Grin Grin Glad to have you here, CIYAM!

Here is a 20 BTC bounty for this!
Spread it, may someone finds it interesting  Wink

Vrontis

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 10:39:22 PM

Speaking of GUI, I asked Qora Dev a question concerning GUI a long time ago (when we had weekly 'features' votes... One of the things was "Wallet Upgrades")... He told me GUI would eventually go OS.  But looks like he forgot to OS certain things before he left..

Quote from: calvinstm
Hi Qora Dev,

I have an idea for the wallet upgrade option today.  I was thinking, what if we have a custom plugins and skin/theme system for Qora wallet?  Grin So 3rd party developer can create different plugins to expand the features of Qora wallet (and artists can create custom themes).  To accomplish that, I'm thinking you will probably need a scripting engine (maybe based on Lua).  Wink

For instance, there is a folder called "Plugins" and another folder called "Theme" inside wallet folder.  At the startup, the wallet will load all the plugins and skin/theme inside those folders.

Do you think it's something that can be added to the Wallet Upgrade option in voting list?  Cheesy  If you don't like my idea, just ignore it. No worries.  Wink

Another thing, could you tell me how much time (approximate) is needed to do wallet upgrades? I think it should take no more 1 week. Am I wrong in assuming this?

Thank you!

PS: You're the best!

This could be done easily when the GUI is opensource.
It already uses a system to change to the OS theme.

About the wallet and the graphical user interface, Qora told me that he was wanted the wallet's design to follow these rules

Also, about the wallet.
I am working on how we will have an HTML based wallet.It will be achieved by making API calls, it will be based on node.js and the design rules that Qora preferred will be followed.
So far I have managed to create a standalone cross platform application based on node.js and follows those design rules...I need to get now deep into the API to make this app an actual wallet.

Last.. another leak of what Qora was planning about the wallet.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:31:19 PM

Thank you Vrontis for sharing this, and for the clarifications.

Cool

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
calvinstm

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:29:39 AM

About the wallet and the graphical user interface, Qora told me that he was wanted the wallet's design to follow these rules

Also, about the wallet.
I am working on how we will have an HTML based wallet.It will be achieved by making API calls, it will be based on node.js and the design rules that Qora preferred will be followed.
So far I have managed to create a standalone cross platform application based on node.js and follows those design rules...I need to get now deep into the API to make this app an actual wallet.

Last.. another leak of what Qora was planning about the wallet.

Thank you so much for sharing this!!  I see that qora dev did left us a lot of valuable insights and let us know the direction where he wished to go.

By the way, Vrontis, speaking of web-based wallet for Qora, I believe ASIC-8Tile had a working web wallet for Qora a long time ago.  It was fully working with nice-looking interface.

You should ask him for a copy.
calvinstm

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:42:35 AM

ACCT (Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer) between AT-enabled coins (right now only Burst and Qora) will become the basis for a full-fledged decentralized p2p exchange in the future.

What Ian (CIYAM) is trying to do is to first get a Bitcoin-based coin to adopt AT and incorporate AT engine into its core.  Smiley

Once we can show that we have a viable and working solution, bigger coins like Doge or LiteCoin (or even Bitcoin) might decide to adopt AT as well.

One advantage of AT over competing technologies (such as MGW or Jame's SuperNet) is that it's fully open-sourced and Devs simply need to take existing solutions (ie. for Nxt-clones/Bitcoin-clones) and incorporate AT into their cores, and voila!  They're now part of AT's ATOMIC trading network.

Another way to think of CIYAM's AT is that... it's like your obedient robotic servant who is up 24/7, and he does everything you tell him to.  Smiley Any developer can write AT-based application and upload it to the blockchain.  So if you think about it, the possibilities are truly endless!  For instance, CIYAM's AT is in a position to solve two of the biggest problems Cryptocurrency faces -- Anonymity and decentralized trading.  As you can see from our discussion above, anonymity will be solved via mixing, and decentralized trading will be solved via ACCT.

Read up on CIYAM's AT page for more possible use cases and information.  Smiley
Vrontis

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 01:03:21 AM

By the way, Vrontis, speaking of web-based wallet for Qora, I believe ASIC-8Tile had a working web wallet for Qora a long time ago.  It was fully working with nice-looking interface.

Indeed, ASIC-8Tile has worked in the past on a web-based wallet

Post link

And here are the details about it

It will be a local machine installation.
From what I am hearing, not all people like "Deterministic Wallets".
I do. Because of the following...
http://www.coindesk.com/eavesdropping-attack-can-unmask-60-bitcoin-clients/

I am using .html/.js for the front end.
.php to glue the Qora.jar with the JSON api calls
Packaged using PHP Desktop (reduces memory leaks)
https://code.google.com/p/phpdesktop/
and installer for Windows 32/64

The webserver is mongoose for now.
There is a SQLite database that could be used to extend the existing functionality.

I'll send a PM to ASIC-8Tile

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: