Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:11:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113728 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:21:56 AM

This is our main focus for now - improving AT (there is now both an assembler and a debugger) and getting ACCT to work across two blockchains.

Hi Ian,

I think one of the reasons people might overlook AT is that it has such a generic name that does not really inspire imagination, thus lack the cool factor.   Grin;D  Do you think you might consider renaming it or use an acronym like "Cognitive Processing System" (CPS) instead of simply calling it Automated Transaction?  Smiley

I suppose we can call the core engine "Cognitive Processing Unit" (CPU.. haha) and the application "Cognitive Processing Instruction" (CPI)...  I don't know. I'm pretty sure someone else can come up with a better name.

Also, I think most people don't realize AT's full potentials.  We should probably start marketing it as the best solution for two of biggest cryptocurrency's problems - anonymity & decentralized trading.  Smiley

Just wanna throw the idea out there.  Wink

GL!

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 03:54:37 AM

The names of technologies (such as "blockchain" which has become the main name for Satoshi's core idea) are generally never that "cool" because they are typically created by developers and not marketing people.

When we have further extended the work on the toolset perhaps some marketing types will come up with a "cool name" for that and we can use that more in PR material but while we are still in these initial stages (and have no real funds for marketing) it is probably best to stick with the generic "Smart Contract" term with a brief mention that the technology to provide the implementation is the AT creation by CIYAM Developers).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 05:39:39 AM

By the way, Vrontis, speaking of web-based wallet for Qora, I believe ASIC-8Tile had a working web wallet for Qora a long time ago.  It was fully working with nice-looking interface.

Indeed, ASIC-8Tile has worked in the past on a web-based wallet

Post link

And here are the details about it

It will be a local machine installation.
From what I am hearing, not all people like "Deterministic Wallets".
I do. Because of the following...
http://www.coindesk.com/eavesdropping-attack-can-unmask-60-bitcoin-clients/

I am using .html/.js for the front end.
.php to glue the Qora.jar with the JSON api calls
Packaged using PHP Desktop (reduces memory leaks)
https://code.google.com/p/phpdesktop/
and installer for Windows 32/64

The webserver is mongoose for now.
There is a SQLite database that could be used to extend the existing functionality.

I'll send a PM to ASIC-8Tile

Would be great if Asic can continu his work. We can give a bountie for this, please tell him in the PM Smiley
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 05:53:04 AM

Please everybody, retweet our last tweet!!! All marketing is usefull

https://twitter.com/qoracoin
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 05:57:12 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2015, 06:16:08 AM by twistelaar

Dear members,

You can all hold your QORA tight, or release Qora for bounties, so the project will grow rapidly.
The chance is much bigger when you donate your QORA, that the price will go up, and so your remaining QORA is profitable Wink

In order for QORA to become huge, we have to pay people who are working on this project.

So please people and WHALES

Donate QORA TO: QLmoXVW6GTLcWVpaiDr5brg9CeiFvTCiJo

Thank you kindly!!! Its for your own and community's good!
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:06:22 PM

The account would be determined as a hash of the actual machine code for the AT (which might also take into account the account of the creator and perhaps some other metadata such as its description, etc. to ensure there should be very little chance that your AT create tx fails due to an existing AT with the same account id).

All initial data for an AT is part of the AT creation tx (so is of course stored in the blockchain) but subsequent state data does not need to be sent around nor stored in the blockchain (just the hash of it does).

AT is actually an extremely "lean and mean" design (and IMO the most efficient Turing complete solution on offer).

Hi CIYAM, i want to translate your works about AT and ACCT in Turkish. But not technically. i just want to explain what is ACCT and AT. and what they do, what they enables... i read your use case:ACCT but it s so technical. Could you tell me basically what is theese things?

i interested about that cross chain transfer and i believe this project will be enabled us decentralized exchanges. Just give me a little knowledge or any document. i just want to learn and spread your project. i am not a programmer. i am just a bitcoin and blockchain lover.

Thank you.

Sincerely.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 07:13:11 PM

I am not a marketing person so maybe someone else would be better to explain things in a "marketing way" if that is what you are wanting.

ACCT allows for the idea of trustless trading between two different blockchains (i.e. no 3rd party like an *exchange* in between).

We have built the use case but as AT is currently only on the one blockchain (Burst) we have yet to actually test it "live". Once we have AT one Qora we can test that live (which will make history).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

olcaytu2005
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:39:54 PM

I am not a marketing person so maybe someone else would be better to explain things in a "marketing way" if that is what you are wanting.

ACCT allows for the idea of trustless trading between two different blockchains (i.e. no 3rd party like an *exchange* in between).

We have built the use case but as AT is currently only on the one blockchain (Burst) we have yet to actually test it "live". Once we have AT one Qora we can test that live (which will make history).

I am not interested with marketing. I am just interested with your project. I m just trying to learn.

Why it is trustless trading? Can we fix this project to other coins ? İf you succeed with this project we dont need any exchange am i right?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 07:43:03 PM

The ACCT use case is "trustless" between two blockchains that use AT (in the future this will also apply to the CIYAM platform itself which is going to be a new platform).

So in short - yes - you don't need a 3rd party or a website when you can use ACCT (to find the trades might need a little bit of UI work though).

olcaytu2005
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:04:18 PM

The ACCT use case is "trustless" between two blockchains that use AT (in the future this will also apply to the CIYAM platform itself which is going to be a new platform).

So in short - yes - you don't need a 3rd party or a website when you can use ACCT (to find the trades might need a little bit of UI work though).

Thank you so much CIYAM. I am gonna keep searching. I keen to learn about Bitcoin, blockchain and other technologies.
richwang01

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:22:12 AM

Dear members,

You can all hold your QORA tight, or release Qora for bounties, so the project will grow rapidly.
The chance is much bigger when you donate your QORA, that the price will go up, and so your remaining QORA is profitable Wink

In order for QORA to become huge, we have to pay people who are working on this project.

In my opinion, you can figure out another way to collect money like another IPO ect, donation don't work for a long-term project.
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:35:13 AM

Dear members,

In my opinion, you can figure out another way to collect money like another IPO ect, donation don't work for a long-term project.

Another IPO? What do we have to offer?

If the top 25 would offer 10% of their Stakes.. we would have about 400 million or so, we can do a LOT with that amount, pay new members and developments, marketing etc.

The thing is if the whales keep being hard headed, dont participate in development and even don't want to offer 10% or so of their stake, the chance is big, we won't have funds to pay new people and devs and the coin will die and the whales can't do anything at all with their big stakes, so if they are smart and would like to make some profit, they start or either participating, or donating QORA to the community funds so we can pay people...

Make sense right? Wink

SO WHALES, PLEASE DONATE QORA IN ORDER TO THRIVE, PM ME FOR AMOUNTS ABOVE 3 MILLION. THANKS

We can be really happy with members as Vrontis, VBCS, CIYAAM and a few others who are putting a lot of effort in this project from the beginning. And they are not even whales. It's really sad to see all those whales are just waiting and doing nothing till the price will go up and even didnt make payments.  SO ONE MORE TIME, WHALES WAKE UP, DONATE & PARTICIPATE!!!!
richwang01

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:43:42 AM

Dear members,

Refer to BitShares project, this is not a very good idea but we need money to continue our development task, Qora is a good project not like BitShares which is only for money.
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:45:35 AM

Refer to BitShares project, this is not a very good idea but we need money to continue our development task, Qora is a good project not like BitShares which is only for money.
[/quote]

Tell me more.. what did bitshares?
Rolandvoda

Activity: 108

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:37:21 AM

Dear members,

If the top 25 would offer 10% of their Stakes.. we would have about 400 million or so, we can do a LOT with that amount, pay new members and developments, marketing etc.

The thing is if the whales keep being hard headed, dont participate in development and even don't want to offer 10% or so of their stake, the chance is big, we won't have funds to pay new people and devs and the coin will die and the whales can't do anything at all with their big stakes, so if they are smart and would like to make some profit, they start or either participating, or donating QORA to the community funds so we can pay people...

Make sense right? Wink

SO WHALES, PLEASE DONATE QORA IN ORDER TO THRIVE, PM ME FOR AMOUNTS ABOVE 3 MILLION. THANKS

We can be really happy with members as Vrontis, VBCS, CIYAAM and a few others who are putting a lot of effort in this project from the beginning. And they are not even whales. It's really sad to see all those whales are just waiting and doing nothing till the price will go up and even didnt make payments.  SO ONE MORE TIME, WHALES WAKE UP, DONATE & PARTICIPATE!!!!

Wonderful and all, but how come nobody talks about BTER and how even if they allow withdrawals we cannot move it from there ?? Is only the Poloniex wallet FROZEN ? Does the network work ? I have 1.18% on BTER from which i'll gladly donate a few millions for such projects.
jman887854

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 02:47:50 PM

Bter withdraws are open... is v18 the current version? Will I have problems withdrawing to that?

Edit: My bad, you can't withdrawl qora yet. However when the time comes do I send to my version 18 wallet? Thanks
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 02:52:05 PM

Dear members,

Make sense right? Wink

Wonderful and all, but how come nobody talks about BTER and how even if they allow withdrawals we cannot move it from there ?? Is only the Poloniex wallet FROZEN ? Does the network work ? I have 1.18% on BTER from which i'll gladly donate a few millions for such projects.

Bter is working again! So would be great if you could donate the 18 million!! Smiley Thanks
xyz

Activity: 1857
Merit: 774

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:19:35 PM

Bter withdraws are open... is v18 the current version? Will I have problems withdrawing to that?

Edit: My bad, you can't withdrawl qora yet. However when the time comes do I send to my version 18 wallet? Thanks

Yes, Qora.v18 is the last version this moment!

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
Qorafan

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:05:32 PM

I can´t watch my Qoracoins in Bter.  Cry
What can i do?
Skerberus

Activity: 912
Merit: 664

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:07:23 PM

I can´t watch my Qoracoins in Bter.  Cry
What can i do?

Just wait! At the moment only USD CNY and NXT is visible see:
https://twitter.com/btercom/status/568944687257530368

The other coins will follow!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: