Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:30:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:07:50 AM

I don't want to rock the boat and I understand it is not up to you to tell us, but we do deserve an update from Qora about his absence.

We the few that have been protecting/investing and donating to the network deserve this .

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:44:33 AM

I don't want to rock the boat and I understand it is not up to you to tell us, but we do deserve an update from Qora about his absence.

We the few that have been protecting/investing and donating to the network deserve this .

With all respect Pondsea, but most of the investors, didnt do anything, especially the big whales, they only dumped each time the price went up.

I understand your frustration, and I also would like that Qora shows up more etc, but there is not much we can to. Let's just be happy that we have other dedicated members, like Vrontis and the AT team, who are doing everything they can to make QORA a succes.

Just ask yourself what you can do and please contribute, so we can make QORA a succes.

Thanks
xyz

Activity: 1857
Merit: 774

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:47:44 AM

I agree! We don't want to know private things from @Qora, but at least he can tell us what happened the last time with him! WHY he didn't give us any update? For me it is important to know, does he still believe in his coin? Are there things he cannot handle or what else?
PLEASE @Qora, tell us something!!!!! You are not God (I believe) and you cannot stay for ever in heaven! You should have contact with us! We want to believe in you and your coin and we want to help to grow it!

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:55:21 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 02:18:04 AM by calvinstm

I understand Ahmed was working on the new website.  Can Ahmed or anyone in the team give us an update on the status of the website?  Also, we definitely can use a new logo and some branding material.  

My understanding is that Ahmed is in charge of marketing.  So I'm just wondering if Ahmed can share some of his thoughts with us (ie. whether we should start a logo contest here on bitcointalk or outsource it to some outside group.  I've got a few potential candidates in mind, and just like to hear what you guys think first).

This is a very good quote:

I think for starter, we should focus on building up the WIKI (someone was asking about it the other day).  One thing I noticed is that people kept asking the same questions over and over again.  We should definitely write it up and populate it with answers to commonly asked questions (ie. latest list of known peers, how to correctly shut down the client.... even a description of Qora's forging algorithm).

I understand the team is growing.  Going forward, I think we should get more organized and hold regular meetings so we can communicate more efficiently (Slack Group or Agran's chatroom come to mind).
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:26:13 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 06:54:19 AM by PondSea

With all respect Pondsea, but most of the investors, didnt do anything, especially the big whales, they only dumped each time the price went up.

I understand your frustration, and I also would like that Qora shows up more etc, but there is not much we can to. Let's just be happy that we have other dedicated members, like Vrontis and the AT team, who are doing everything they can to make QORA a succes.

Just ask yourself what you can do and please contribute, so we can make QORA a succes.

Thanks

I am not most.

I have increased my position 3 fold since I invested in the ipo. I have staked my coins proving 10~20% of overall stakes over the last 8 months. I have spent my own money getting the wallet made when no one wanted to chip in and I am a major investor to get at funded.

so I think I have a valid request here.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 06:19:45 AM

Personally, I don't feel like 'qora' needs to respond to any of us, but I wouldn't mind if they did.

I'm satisfied with the code they put out and appreciate the time and effort spent.

I hope they were compensated to their liking by the satisfaction of work well done or by any other means.

bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:42:53 AM

Hello, I don´t know about your private life guys but I know mine, if there is a reason because I have to stay away from crypto for a while I will endure it and return as soon as possible but I will give no explanation over my life and I think it´s the same for @Qora.

I know he has some kind of responsability over the project but he has the right of a real life too and that´s more important than any cryptocoin.

I think @Qora has his reasons to dissappear and nobody has the right to question it, whale or not whale.

Regards.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:13:41 AM

I understand Ahmed was working on the new website.  Can Ahmed or anyone in the team give us an update on the status of the website?  Also, we definitely can use a new logo and some branding material.  

My understanding is that Ahmed is in charge of marketing.  So I'm just wondering if Ahmed can share some of his thoughts with us (ie. whether we should start a logo contest here on bitcointalk or outsource it to some outside group.  I've got a few potential candidates in mind, and just like to hear what you guys think first).

This is a very good quote:

I think for starter, we should focus on building up the WIKI (someone was asking about it the other day).  One thing I noticed is that people kept asking the same questions over and over again.  We should definitely write it up and populate it with answers to commonly asked questions (ie. latest list of known peers, how to correctly shut down the client.... even a description of Qora's forging algorithm).

I understand the team is growing.  Going forward, I think we should get more organized and hold regular meetings so we can communicate more efficiently (Slack Group or Agran's chatroom come to mind).

We have a slack community, its mostly used for prived chat there. But we can make a meeting for a public chat talk..

Please send me your email if you want have an invite in the Slack room of QORA!!!
calvinstm

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:56:34 AM

So.. I'd just like to echo Tuck's sentiments and throw in my two cents' worth...  Smiley

Guys, before we continue with this discussion, I hope everyone will remember that Qora has already done his job. He has already fulfilled the contract by delivering a world-class product that includes every feature he promised.  Smiley He has also gone above and beyond to ensure that we have a solid foundation to build on. Having said that, I think we should all be grateful for what the dev has done for Qora the project, and show some respect and appreciation. Even though I sincerely hope he will continue to guide this project so that Qora will reach its full potential (as the dev had envisioned it), I fully respect his privacy and his decisions. I realized that he might have his own personal reason not to disclose his future plans at this time, so I am not going to dwell on it.  Smiley  

I hope we can all agree that we should show our respect by stopping this conversation altogether and focus on what's really important -- development, development, development!  Smiley

It's time we pull our own weight and take this project to the next level.  There are really lots of things we can do now to help Qora grow, and everyone should definitely pitch in and help, whether you're a software developer or not.  

A project cannot have longevity by relying on paid staff or bounties.  A project cannot survive by relying on a single individual to carry it forward. It can only thrive with lots of volunteers rallying behind it.

Now we're in a good position to do just that -- taking Qora to the next level:

1) We've got a dedicated business manager in Vrontis who has been working tirelessly behind the scene and act as the go-between between devs and community members. He's a pretty level-headed guy and just the person Qora needs. He has promised to make regular announcements and keep the community informed. I believe this is a step in the right direction. I think we should all be more patient and rally behind him and offer our support.

2) Don't forget that Qora is one of a handful of 2nd-GEN coins that is actually OUT and fully Open-Source!  We've got a huge advantage in our hand, and if we play our cards right, we should be in top 20 or even top 10 in no time.

3) With AT and first Atomic Cross-Chain Trading app loomed on the horizon, Qora is close to having one of the first working decentralized exchanges!  That is not exciting enough for you?  Tongue

4) I know Vrontis' got a few tricks up his sleeve.  Tongue  I hope he will decide to make his announcement soon.

So what are some of the things we can do to help Qora grow?

1) How about contacting trading sites' operators or their business development teams and ask them to add Qora to their exchanges?  With rollout of next wallet version, we should get Poloniex back eventually (BTER is also planning on reopen for business).  I think our effort should focus on bigger exchanges that people will actually use - Cryptsy, BTC38, Komcort, HitBTC, Bittrex.. btc.. Please continue sending your votes to Qora!

2) Don't really know what's going on with the marketing team and website.  But I was thinking that we should have a discussion/conference on logo or branding matters.

3) We should starting working on Wiki and a roadmap for Qora (I understand Vrontis was working on something like that.. So I'll leave it to Vrontis to decide whether we should talk about that or not)..
AhmedAshraf

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:41:08 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 08:25:49 AM by AhmedAshraf

So.. I'd just like to echo Tuck's sentiments and throw in my two cents' worth...  Smiley

Guys, before we continue with this discussion, I hope everyone will remember that Qora has already done his job. He has already fulfilled the contract by delivering a world-class product that includes every feature he promised.  Smiley He has also gone above and beyond to ensure that we have a solid foundation to build on. Having said that, I think we should all be grateful for what the dev has done for Qora the project, and show some respect and appreciation. Even though I sincerely hope he will continue to guide this project so that Qora will reach its full potential (as the dev had envisioned it), I fully respect his privacy and his decisions. I realized that he might have his own personal reason not to disclose his future plans at this time, so I am not going to dwell on it.  Smiley  

I hope we can all agree that we should show our respect by stopping this conversation altogether and focus on what's really important -- development, development, development!  Smiley

It's time we pull our own weight and take this project to the next level.  There are really lots of things we can do now to help Qora grow, and everyone should definitely pitch in and help, whether you're a software developer or not.  

A project cannot have longevity by relying on paid staff or bounties.  A project cannot survive by relying on a single individual to carry it forward. It can only thrive with lots of volunteers rallying behind it.

Now we're in a good position to do just that -- taking Qora to the next level:

1) We've got a dedicated business manager in Vrontis who has been working tirelessly behind the scene and act as the go-between between devs and community members. He's a pretty level-headed guy and just the person Qora needs. He has promised to make regular announcements and keep the community informed. I believe this is a step in the right direction. I think we should all be more patient and rally behind him and offer our support.

2) Don't forget that Qora is one of a handful of 2nd-GEN coins that is actually OUT and fully Open-Source!  We've got a huge advantage in our hand, and if we play our cards right, we should be in top 20 or even top 10 in no time.

3) With AT and first Atomic Cross-Chain Trading app loomed on the horizon, Qora is close to having one of the first working decentralized exchanges!  That is not exciting enough for you?  Tongue

4) I know Vrontis' got a few tricks up his sleeve.  Tongue  I hope he will decide to make his announcement soon.

So what are some of the things we can do to help Qora grow?

1) How about contacting trading sites' operators or their business development teams and ask them to add Qora to their exchanges?  With rollout of next wallet version, we should get Poloniex back eventually (BTER is also planning on reopen for business).  I think our effort should focus on bigger exchanges that people will actually use - Cryptsy, BTC38, Komcort, HitBTC, Bittrex.. btc.. Please continue sending your votes to Qora!

2) Don't really know what's going on with the marketing team and website.  But I was thinking that we should have a discussion/conference on logo or branding matters.

3) We should starting working on Wiki and a roadmap for Qora (I understand Vrontis was working on something like that.. So I'll leave it to Vrontis to decide whether we should talk about that or not)..
Hello there !
Sorry for the silence. First of all, We have already paid Bitcrea for creating the new logo, However, he hasn't sent the logo as his funds got stuck in poloniex due to the wallet downtime. So the logo problem should be sorted out soon. Moving on to the Wiki, this is a great idea that we were thinking about, and it will be probably be launched along with the website at wiki.qora.org.

We are really planning a huge marketing push, but it will be wise to start that with the release of a new wallet as this will be more appealing for potential investors. We don't want to attract new potential investors who will probably turn away at the current state of affairs. First the new wallet, then, we get to work Wink
I really appreciate any suggestions from the community, so feel free to chat with me on Skype: Subscrib.es, I will respond ASAP Wink

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:42:21 PM

I just want to throw this out there but... Should we consider a rebranding?  Almost as of this were a new coin?  I don't know if I'm on board but since this is the next stage of Qora's evolution and since the pool of followers is rather small, a rebranding could provide an image that things have changed and that the coin has turned a new leaf.

Thoughts?

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:49:43 PM

I just want to throw this out there but... Should we consider a rebranding?  Almost as of this were a new coin?  I don't know if I'm on board but since this is the next stage of Qora's evolution and since the pool of followers is rather small, a rebranding could provide an image that things have changed and that the coin has turned a new leaf.

Thoughts?

I had thought of that the truth is but I have concluded that as we are approaching the wallet version 20 with AT live we can say that we have arrived Qora 2.0.Keeping the name, introducing crypto 2.0
I guess this is all about marketing after all.

mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:00:51 PM

+1000
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:07:33 PM

Yes, qora is wise. Also, qora coin & wallet has been the most user-friendly from start!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
calvinstm

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:37:21 PM

ello there !
Sorry for the silence. First of all, We have already paid Bitcrea for creating the new logo, However, he hasn't sent the logo as his funds got stuck in poloniex due to the wallet downtime. So the logo problem should be sorted out soon. Moving on to the Wiki, this is a great idea that we were thinking about, and it will be probably be launched along with the website at wiki.qora.org.

We are really planning a huge marketing push, but it will be wise to start that with the release of a new wallet as this will be more appealing for potential investors. We don't want to attract new potential investors who will probably turn away at the current state of affairs. First the new wallet, then, we get to work Wink
I really appreciate any suggestions from the community, so feel free to chat with me on Skype: Subscrib.es, I will respond ASAP Wink

Hi Ahmed!

Really nice to see you here!  Grin And thank you so much for the update.  Just want you to know that I really appreciate all the hard work you and Twistelaar put into creating a new identity for Qora.  Smiley  I totally understand the needs to raise more funds.  But with Polo & BTER's situation, a lot of us have got our Qora tied up (we can't even withdraw our Qora from there).  Sad  So I suggest we do another donation drive after Polo & Bter's problems are resolved.  Smiley

And I agree with you.  We should wait til the dev releases a new wallet before we continue with our marketing effort.  That's smart planning right there.  Grin

Thanks for everything!  Wink

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:42:58 AM

Cannot wait the SuperFly wallet !!
Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 03:08:51 AM

We have three important milestones ahead :

• Full source code is going to be released
  • Automated Transactions will go live on Qora
  • Atomic Cross Chain Transfer will occur

I don't know the exact time of the above or even the exact order (except the fact that ACCT will perform after the release of the AT), so, due to that we cannot have at the moment a proper roadmap.But this will be seized on time.

Beyond these milestones, there are also other things that needed to be arranged.
I suggest that we should start looking at the documentation which is actually missing.
We do have the below :

Qora FAQ
Qora Assets
Qora API V13

I think we could start discussing and collaborating on the documentation i.e. what we need to have, what can be easily done etc. and start working on this.
Of course Wiki is missing but content is also missing and I believe is preferred to have the content ready for the Wiki and not the Wiki ready for the content.
We can use PiratePad for example to start collaborating on documentation.
Also, about the documentation, my opinion is to use (i.e. for the API and Tutorials) Markdown and especially MkDocs to convert text to HTML.Then the whole documentation can be hosted on Github and users can contribute to the documentation by making pull requests.This will achieve a better presentation of the whole documentation.Besides that, Github can be used to serve a Wiki as well.

As for the future development of Qora, I do believe that we should get focused more on the front end and kept the core as it is, from the moment that the forthcoming upgrades take's place.My thought is to keep the existing wallet as it is and deliver also to the public an alternative HTML based wallet that will be fully compatible with the API and will serve Qora in a more flexible front end.As I don't have further information on the existing wallet and I don't know how feasible is to serve HTML content from within (I guess that it is) that's why I had made that thought, to proceed with an alternate wallet.

Another thing that I would like to mention at the moment is about the governance and how open source communities govern themselves.
This is really crucial so I would like to drill it down to the basics by sharing with you the below useful links
Governance Models
Essential Tools For Running A Community-Led Project
If you don't have the time to read the above then please read this short article that describes The Eclipse Model.

Then, as a community, I believe that we need to establish something like the below.

But in order to have this established we do need activity from the members.
Of course there are other things that are needed to be discussed and established as well, like marketing activities, business development etc, but let's first set our first goals.

Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:19:35 AM

Thoughts?

I will say this, it sure worked for DuckNote (now DarkNote). 

I don't care either way, but personally do not feel it's necessary and it could possibly open a new can of worms we don't need opened ... but who knows.

There is plenty of interest in Qora as it is (trust me), but the people I've been speaking with simply want to see a solid dev in place. I tried to accommodate that perceived lack and was unsuccessful.

So, in my opinion from what I know that's going on outside this forum if someone qualified were to step up and announce they will fill the shoes of 'qora' as competently as they did ... there won't be any issues regarding adoption of the coin/platform under it's current name.

I feel that the name Qora is finally getting some recognition. And I base those feelings off of the numerous pm's I receive asking about Qora on other forums on which I participate. I made 'qora' aware of this, coincidentally right before they stopped posting here. But that appears to have just been bad timing. I wish things had happened a little sooner and perhaps we would not be in the boat we're currently in because there are plenty of investors wanting to get in on Qora at/near this price, so long as there is a solid foundation in place (a solid dev).

My view is that the driving force for most in this scene now is money. There are few "anti-system" people around any longer or they are far less vocal than the P&D crews or those just wanting to buy low/sell high. Since that's all most are really concerned about, perhaps that's what we should cater to (for a bit) and build the coin back up with that in mind. They want flashy websites, active social media feeds, regular updates and most importantly a dev that post publicly at least weekly. They don't care about the tech so much, but it doesn't hurt when they want to tell their friends about it so they can pump the price.

There are several coins that have solid tech backing them, but they have very little money backing them and they are falling behind (unfortunately) because money now drives the cryptocurrency scene for most, not tech. I would guess half the people here in this thread care not what new tech Qora adds, they want to know when the price will be @ 25 sats again, or will it go higher, how much higher ... that's the driving force for the majority IMHO. These individuals follow up questions are usually,  "so, you have voting?", or something similar. Price is always first.

I'm not knocking anyone for wanting more money. Times are hard for most now and things are only going to get worse. But, at some point you have to realize making a few extra $ off some coin is not going to solve the underlying problems of the world. The entire system needs to be changed and 'we the people' need to take 'the system' back for ourselves. If we do that, you won't have to worry about money any longer.

That's my 2 Qora (I have more don't worry).

[/ideological soapbox]

Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:26:08 AM

Then, as a community, I believe that we need to establish something like the below.

But in order to have this established we do need activity from the members.

Of course there are other things that are needed to be discussed and established as well, like marketing activities, business development etc, but let's first set our first goals.

Agreed.

calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:06:25 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 09:21:19 AM by calvinstm

Hi Qora fans,

I am having a problem and I need your help!

I'm trying to create a demo for Arbitrary Transaction, but when I sent a POST request to http://127.0.0.1:9085/arbitrarytransactions, I kept getting HTTP response code 400 (Status Code 400 = Bad Request).

Before I continue, I just wanna say that all my GET calls are working correctly, just POST calls I'm having trouble with.

Well, I'm pretty sure I did everything right.  I used an HTTPURLConnection, open the stream and write to it.

my parameter is formatted as such "creator=blahblah&data=blahblah&service=1&fee=1.0001" (My data is base58 encoded)...

Maybe I am just too tired and missed something. I'm gonna try again later.

I really want to be the first person to create a working Arbitrary Transaction demo.  Wink

Please tell me what I did wrong. Thanks! (and don't laugh if it's something silly!)  Grin

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for URL: http://127.0.0.1:9085/arbitrarytransactions

I want to know why!!!!!!?HuhAngry Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: