Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:15:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:29:11 AM

We have three important milestones ahead :

• Full source code is going to be released
  • Automated Transactions will go live on Qora
  • Atomic Cross Chain Transfer will occur

I don't know the exact time of the above or even the exact order (except the fact that ACCT will perform after the release of the AT), so, due to that we cannot have at the moment a proper roadmap.But this will be seized on time.

Beyond these milestones, there are also other things that needed to be arranged.
I suggest that we should start looking at the documentation which is actually missing.
We do have the below :

Qora FAQ
Qora Assets
Qora API V13

Wow!! Great research!!  Grin  Good job, Vrontis!  Wink

After a quick glance, I noticed some problem --

You know the API guide is kind of outdated. It does not contain any info regarding the Asset transaction (no transaction type, no format, no API calls).  Did the dev update the guide with the latest info??  Maybe I missed it, I dont know.

So I was thinking -- maybe we can host a WIKI app at wiki.qora.org (I don't recall what software we used before), so everybody can create an account and contribute..

Secondly, I think merging the FAQ and API guide into a single document on wiki might be a good idea.

We can have an introductory client manual that introduce all the nuts & bolts of Qora client.. and another section that discusses the API in-depth...

Anyways, your roadmap is looking good!  Thanks for all the hard work put into the research.  Smiley
calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:37:28 AM

It's the same with my transactions/scan call too.  I also got a HTTP Response 400.  Why?  Cry

Code:
String urlParameters = "blocklimit=200";
byte[] postData       = urlParameters.getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_8);
int    postDataLength = postData.length;

try
{
            obj = new URL("http://127.0.0.1:9085/transactions/scan");
            con = (HttpURLConnection) obj.openConnection();
            con.setRequestMethod("POST");
            con.setRequestProperty("User-Agent", USER_AGENT);
            con.setRequestProperty( "charset", "utf-8");
            con.setRequestProperty( "Content-Length", Integer.toString( postDataLength ));
            DataOutputStream wr = new DataOutputStream(con.getOutputStream());
            wr.write( postData );
}

Why am I getting error code 400?  Cry Cry
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:17:06 PM

We have three important milestones ahead :

• Full source code is going to be released
  • Automated Transactions will go live on Qora
  • Atomic Cross Chain Transfer will occur

I don't know the exact time of the above or even the exact order (except the fact that ACCT will perform after the release of the AT), so, due to that we cannot have at the moment a proper roadmap.But this will be seized on time.

Beyond these milestones, there are also other things that needed to be arranged.
I suggest that we should start looking at the documentation which is actually missing.
We do have the below :

Qora FAQ
Qora Assets
Qora API V13

I think we could start discussing and collaborating on the documentation i.e. what we need to have, what can be easily done etc. and start working on this.
Of course Wiki is missing but content is also missing and I believe is preferred to have the content ready for the Wiki and not the Wiki ready for the content.
We can use PiratePad for example to start collaborating on documentation.
Also, about the documentation, my opinion is to use (i.e. for the API and Tutorials) Markdown and especially MkDocs to convert text to HTML.Then the whole documentation can be hosted on Github and users can contribute to the documentation by making pull requests.This will achieve a better presentation of the whole documentation.Besides that, Github can be used to serve a Wiki as well.

As for the future development of Qora, I do believe that we should get focused more on the front end and kept the core as it is, from the moment that the forthcoming upgrades take's place.My thought is to keep the existing wallet as it is and deliver also to the public an alternative HTML based wallet that will be fully compatible with the API and will serve Qora in a more flexible front end.As I don't have further information on the existing wallet and I don't know how feasible is to serve HTML content from within (I guess that it is) that's why I had made that thought, to proceed with an alternate wallet.

Another thing that I would like to mention at the moment is about the governance and how open source communities govern themselves.
This is really crucial so I would like to drill it down to the basics by sharing with you the below useful links
Governance Models
Essential Tools For Running A Community-Led Project
If you don't have the time to read the above then please read this short article that describes The Eclipse Model.

Then, as a community, I believe that we need to establish something like the below.

But in order to have this established we do need activity from the members.
Of course there are other things that are needed to be discussed and established as well, like marketing activities, business development etc, but let's first set our first goals.

Yeaahh  Cool
DeMap

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:24:17 PM

Because
Code:
blocklimit=200
isn't JSON.

Try
Code:
String urlParameters = "{\"start\":\"6pHMBFif7jXFG654joT8GPaymau1fMtaxacRyqSrnAwQMQDvqRuLpHpfFyqX4gWVvj4pF1mwQhFgqWAvjVvPJUjmBZQvL751dM9cEcQBTaUcxtNLuWZCVUAtbnWN9f7FsLppHhkPbxwpoodL3UJYRGt3EZrG17mhv1RJbmq8j6rr7Mk\",\"blocklimit\":200}";
calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:48:42 PM

Because
Code:
blocklimit=200
isn't JSON.

Try
Code:
String urlParameters = "{\"start\":\"6pHMBFif7jXFG654joT8GPaymau1fMtaxacRyqSrnAwQMQDvqRuLpHpfFyqX4gWVvj4pF1mwQhFgqWAvjVvPJUjmBZQvL751dM9cEcQBTaUcxtNLuWZCVUAtbnWN9f7FsLppHhkPbxwpoodL3UJYRGt3EZrG17mhv1RJbmq8j6rr7Mk\",\"blocklimit\":200}";

Thank you soooo soo sooo MUCH!!!  Grin Really appreciate your response!

I'm going to try it right now~!  Grin Cheesy
calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:02:29 PM

Hi DeMap,

All my POST calls are working correctly right now.  Grin  I forgot the backslash in the parameters list.  Thanks for pointing that out!

You really made my day! Thank you!

I've got some creative ways to use Arbitrary Transaction. Hopefully, I'll be able to build some interesting stuff using Arbitrary Transaction & Qora's Name system (I'm going to keep my idea a secret for now so I can surprise you  Lips sealed).

I have a question.

Is there a particular reason for qora to pick base58 to encode message, you think?  Huh
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:24:10 PM

Is there a particular reason for qora to pick base58 to encode message, you think?  Huh

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it was because it was there.  Base58 is what Qora addresses are encoded in and the address creation system borrowed heavily from the Bitcoin address creation algo.

Why implement another base conversion mechanism when you already have one in your codebase, and other developers would also have in their codebase if they wrote their own client?

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:30:16 PM

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it was because it was there.  Base58 is what Qora addresses are encoded in and the address creation system borrowed heavily from the Bitcoin address creation algo.

Why implement another base conversion mechanism when you already have one in your codebase, and other developers would also have in their codebase if they wrote their own client?

Right  Tongue Good point!  Grin

So I've got a question for you since you're here, rlh.

I'd like to create several applications based on Arbitrary Transaction, so I need to reserve a range of Service ID numbers, let's say 1 thru 5.

I don't think it's possible but I'm just checking - is there any way for me to restrict others from using my Service ID for their own personal use?

For instance, I want Service Port 1 for Qora Messaging, I don't want others to use it for other purpose.

Can I restrict it somehow? (Maybe I just make an announcement?)

PS: Before you leave, I wish to share my secret idea with you.. I'll post it here, please don't leave yet!
calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:33:46 PM

Maybe others have already thought of it...

My secret Arbitrary Transaction app is Qora DarkNet

Bascially, I'll use transaction block to store website pages.. and I'll be using Qora's Name System as some sort of URL mechanism...

Plus, I will need to develop a special Block-viewing Web Browser for Qora...

After I get the basics done, I'll continue to extend Qora Darknet's capability and add more functions.

I've also got another idea for a Qora Messaging system..

So Stay tune  Wink
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:44:05 PM

I'm here.  I'll be honest, I'm not sure what your talking about regarding service address reservations.  I've not looked into theSe transactions, so I can't help much.

However, when the source went public, I did dig into the Qora and old Nxt code to verify whether or not Qora was a clone of Nxt.  One of the sections I analyzed was the address creation system.  It was almost identical to BTC, which is NOTHING like Nxt.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:49:32 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 09:13:20 PM by calvinstm

However, when the source went public, I did dig into the Qora and old Nxt code to verify whether or not Qora was a clone of Nxt.  One of the sections I analyzed was the address creation system.  It was almost identical to BTC, which is NOTHING like Nxt.

That's good news! I recall seeing a post from a Nxt Dev talking about how Qora's forging algorithm is nothing like Nxt's.  Besides, I did a little checking...

I'm fairly certain that Qora has been in development since 2011..

So the dev was telling us the truth all along.  Qora is a project that has been in development since 2011, way before Nxt's release.  

That's why I'd like the dev to know I'm grateful for all the sweat and hard work he put into creating a new system.  Thank you!  Grin

I'm here.  I'll be honest, I'm not sure what your talking about regarding service address reservations.  I've not looked into theSe transactions, so I can't help much.

don't worry about it.. I'm just glad you're here so I've got someone to share my ideas with.. (ie. Qora DarkNet)  Smiley
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:25:21 PM

That's good news! I recall seeing a post from a Nxt Dev talking about how Qora's forging algorithm is nothing like Nxt's.  Besides, I did a little checking...

I'm fairly certain that Qora has been in development since 2011..

So the dev was telling us the truth all along.  Qora is a project that has been in development since 2011, way before Nxt's release.  

Interesting.

If that is the case, do you still think that QORA is BCNext?  Was he working on both projects, or is this just two different people?

A few days ago I decided to buy a bit of QORA, and I found out that there are literally ZERO ways to buy or sell it right now.  What is this madness?  Qora cannot be mined and it cannot be bought, there is literally no way for it to grow right now, because anyone like me who finds out about it and decides they want in cannot get any, in any way.  (And of course, I am sure there are people out there frustrated by the lack of exchanges who are wanting to dump as well?) 

I guess there is a good reason why this coin is so cheap.  In the past I have generally avoided all tiny coins like this, and restrict myself to the most promising alts, say, top 10 on CMC. 

If you guys can get poloniex working again or get on another exchange I might check it out again in the future.
Vrontis

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 10:17:25 PM

Right  Tongue Good point!  Grin

So I've got a question for you since you're here, rlh.

I'd like to create several applications based on Arbitrary Transaction, so I need to reserve a range of Service ID numbers, let's say 1 thru 5.

I don't think it's possible but I'm just checking - is there any way for me to restrict others from using my Service ID for their own personal use?

For instance, I want Service Port 1 for Qora Messaging, I don't want others to use it for other purpose.

Can I restrict it somehow? (Maybe I just make an announcement?)

PS: Before you leave, I wish to share my secret idea with you.. I'll post it here, please don't leave yet!

I think the only way to achieve that is within the posted data

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:32:10 PM

Interesting.

If that is the case, do you still think that QORA is BCNext?  Was he working on both projects, or is this just two different people?

There is a big chance for that imho..

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:54:16 PM

I think the only way to achieve that is within the posted data

Thanks...

Sorry I was away getting some work done..

Give me 30 mins, and I'll send the first ever Qora Arbitrary Transaction!  Wink   I'll post my result here...

BRB...
calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:15:51 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 12:10:39 AM by calvinstm

Interesting.

If that is the case, do you still think that QORA is BCNext?  Was he working on both projects, or is this just two different people?

A few days ago I decided to buy a bit of QORA, and I found out that there are literally ZERO ways to buy or sell it right now.  What is this madness?  Qora cannot be mined and it cannot be bought, there is literally no way for it to grow right now, because anyone like me who finds out about it and decides they want in cannot get any, in any way.  (And of course, I am sure there are people out there frustrated by the lack of exchanges who are wanting to dump as well?)  

I guess there is a good reason why this coin is so cheap.  In the past I have generally avoided all tiny coins like this, and restrict myself to the most promising alts, say, top 10 on CMC.  

If you guys can get poloniex working again or get on another exchange I might check it out again in the future.

Hal,

BTER has always been the primary exchange since Qora's inception.  I believe Qora is not the only coin affected by the recent BTER hacking incident.  But I read somewhere that they're going to reopen the exchange for trading within one week.  So I'm pretty sure Qora will resume trading by then.  So sorry about the inconvenience.  Smiley  

I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm willing to give BTER another chance since they've proven themselves to be trustworthy (they always stay and find a way to reimburse customers).  As for Polo, I've just been told a dev is handling that situation.  I don't want to speak on behalf of this dev.  If he wishes to provide more information to the community, he will do so.  But I can tell you that I'm confident the problem with Polo will be resolved once the next wallet is released (the latest).

As for Qora's identity (whether he is BCNext or not), I don't think I want to make any conjecture or speculation at this moment (out of respect for the dev), because I know people like Satoshi, BCNext, Qora all have one thing in common - they value their privacy, and we should respect that and not to pry too much.. lol

The truth is I've never bothered to look into NXT's codebase, but I heard that it was pretty messy when JL took over. However, at first glance, my impression of Qora code is that it's very well organized and squeaky clean. It's well commented and very easy to follow.  I don't know if it's an indication that it's two different persons because I'm not familiar with BCNext's style (I know Nxt has been rewritten from the ground up).

Having said that, I can tell you that I've been doing a bit of research, and I can confirm with certainty that Qora is a project that was started back in early 2011 and has been in development ever since.  

That's all I'm gonna say about this..  Cheesy

PS: Forgot to mention, there is a Qora Faucet created by agran, you can get some free Qora from there for testing purpose.
calvinstm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:57:43 PM

An Announcement for Qora Messaging System (Based on Arbitrary Transaction & Will Support Qora Name System)

1. Qora Messaging System has been assigned a Service ID = 1 by me.  I don't know how to restrict use of Service Id, but I hope we can agree that Service port 1 is for messaging and not for other purpose.

2. Qora Messaging System is currently encoded using the Base58 encoder included in the Qora source code.  However, it should support full encryption in the future (after I test it to make sure it's fully working).

3. Qora Messaging System will support "handles" using Qora's Name System.  For instance, if your Qora ID is bob and your partner is matt, bob will be able to message matt directly.

4. Qora Messaging System will support two kinds of targets -- 1) Qora Name-based alias handle, 2) Qora address contact.

5. Qora Messaging System currently has the following data format (will be revised later) -

{recipient:{name or address}, message:{base58 encoded message}}

Let me know if you guys have any input, feature request.. or anything you'd like to add...

Thanks!
calvinstm

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:14:45 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 10:04:52 AM by calvinstm

Sorry, but I have a small problem.

I tried to get some Qora from agran's Faucet. But it's been 20 mins and I've not seen anything.

Can someone please send me 10 Qora please?  I just need it to test Arbitrary Transaction.

My address is QQmwJGqzRBjNMZcQwuzTVhoF4Q9W4QRGPn, I don't need much just a small amount to pay for transaction fee. (I've got enough Qora for my experiment, thank you!)

Thanks.

PS: agran if you're reading this, your faucet is broken!
Vrontis

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:15:07 AM

An Announcement for Qora Messaging System (Based on Arbitrary Transaction & Will Support Qora Name System)

1. Qora Messaging System has been assigned a Service ID = 1 by me.  I don't know how to restrict use of Service Id, but I hope we can agree that Service port 1 is for messaging and not for other purpose.

2. Qora Messaging System is currently encoded using the Base58 encoder included in the Qora source code.  However, it should support full encryption in the future (after I test it to make sure it's fully working).

3. Qora Messaging System will support "handles" using Qora's Name System.  For instance, if your Qora ID is bob and your partner is matt, bob will be able to message matt directly.

4. Qora Messaging System will support two kinds of targets -- 1) Qora Name-based alias handle, 2) Qora address contact.

5. Qora Messaging System currently has the following data format (will be revised later) -

{recipient:{name or address}, message:{base58 encoded message}}

Let me know if you guys have any input, feature request.. or anything you'd like to add...

Thanks!

If you are planning  to implement a kind of encryption  like Shamir's Secret Sharing you can have a messaging service that supports private messages.

Otherwise the above could be considered as a microblogging service ( and a form of social network  Wink )

calvinstm

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:27:25 AM

If you are planning  to implement a kind of encryption  like Shamir's Secret Sharing you can have a messaging service that supports private messages.

Otherwise the above could be considered as a microblogging service ( and a form of social network  Wink )

Hey! That gives me an idea... We can actually have a message board inside Qora..

Okay, forget about private messaging for now..

What about a subscription-based microblogging service??  Is that better?

Let's say we will maintain a list of your subscription in the local client (for instance, Vrontis subscribed to calvinstm's blog).

Then, the client will find all the posts (transactions) from calvinstm and display them inside subscriber's client (of course it will require a custom client mod)...

I think that'll be more useful than a messaging service, no?

Let's think about this a bit more before I implement it...

PS: Thanks for the feedback, and gotta say you've got a lot of great ideas, Vrontis. I've gotta think about this too...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: