Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:43:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113723 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:11:15 PM

@calvinstm-- You may want to consider making new posts on BTT and just lonk back your posts over here.

This project is growing to the point where we could expand a little beyond this primary thread. Wink

Oh, and great work, btw!

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:26:24 PM

Bter withdrawals work! Cool

Not really. My withdrawal is showed as completed but I didn't get coins yet. Waiting for the answer from their support.
Yop, the newly requested go through, but the old requests did not.

Trying to withdraw 1M to donation acc

UPD: Cool, it works

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:52:04 PM

twistelaar, I sent 10M, please check the donation address

HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:16:36 PM

Bter withdrawals work! Cool

Not really. My withdrawal is showed as completed but I didn't get coins yet. Waiting for the answer from their support.
Yop, the newly requested go through, but the old requests did not.

Same problem for me, my old withdrawal says its complete but I didnt get coins.  Guess I'll email them.

Its great that the new withdrawals work though! 
HalFinneysBrain

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 07:19:51 PM

Alright, so bter withdrawals work again, so QORA has an exchange again.

The price seems absurdly low right now.  About 4-5 sats, which is the lowest price ever.

When QORA first dropped to 5 last november, it wasnt open source yet, the dev had been gone for a while, and we weren't close to having AT.

QORA rallied to 20 upon the dev returning, the announcement of open source and AT coming.  Now its back to 4-5 sats, even with those and the new wallet on the verge of release?   IWe had issues of exchanges not working, but those are close to resolving.

It looks to me that all of the issues which QORA has faced which resulted in this low price are on the verge of being solved.  This should take us back to the 20 level, which is where QORA got to when these features were announced!

Last summer the price was 50+, and we didnt even have these features yet!
The potential is huge right now. 

We should all buy some of these 5 sat coins now.  Take all these coins away from the currentbears and in to our strong hands.  Remove the supply of these coins from the market before the good announcements come, and then hodl until we are at the MUCH higher prices we expect in the future. 

If QORA can be 50 sats this summer with an unknown code base, no AT, not open source, then what should a QORA with all these features developed be worth?  A hint: its clearly more than 5. Wink
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:58:35 PM

In case anyone is interested, this is the Qora project I've been working on in my spare time:

Qora Services Explorer (with custom Qora Wallet), below you will find a screen capture..

calvinstm

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:03:01 PM

A little introduction and some quick note regarding Qora Services Explorer:

1. If there is no objection from the community, I'd like to reserve Service ID #10 - 100 for my personal development purpose.

2. Basically, the drop-down list contains a list of Services that are available to the end Qora users - Currently there are only two working services, but I plan to add more:  MicroBlogging Service at Port 10, and Qora DarkNet (Hidden Web Service) at port 20...

3. Eventually, I plan to integrate a full node browser.

Feedbacks & critiques are always welcome.  Grin

In case anyone is interested, this is the Qora project I've been working on in my spare time:

Qora Services Explorer (with custom Qora Wallet), below you will find a screen capture..

calvinstm

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:29:03 PM

Yeah, I contacted BTER yesterday and asked them to fix the wallet.. This is the response I got from them..

Bter Support (bter)
Mar 16, 17:34

Dear Sir,
Qora withdrawal will be processed later as we have to do something to make the QORA wallet work well.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards
Bter.com

I guess there was a problem with wallet and they fixed it..  They responded to my emails very quickly, so I feel they can be trusted.  Smiley

Regards..
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:20:19 AM

twistelaar, I sent 10M, please check the donation address

Thank you kindly Dzarmush! Ive got it: http://qora.co.in/?q=QLmoXVW6GTLcWVpaiDr5brg9CeiFvTCiJo

Smiley

This will be used for Ahmed, he is busy with a new goodlooking website, he will create a video after that, and will also do marketing and we will get a new ANN, either made by Ahmed or Bitcrea..

The new logo is already finished, but Bitcrea doesnt release the logo, until he can acces his funds on Polo.
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:40:32 AM

The price seems absurdly low right now.  About 4-5 sats, which is the lowest price ever.

When QORA first dropped to 5 last november, it wasnt open source yet, the dev had been gone for a while, and we weren't close to having AT.

QORA rallied to 20 upon the dev returning, the announcement of open source and AT coming.  Now its back to 4-5 sats, even with those and the new wallet on the verge of release?   IWe had issues of exchanges not working, but those are close to resolving.

It looks to me that all of the issues which QORA has faced which resulted in this low price are on the verge of being solved.  This should take us back to the 20 level, which is where QORA got to when these features were announced!

Last summer the price was 50+, and we didnt even have these features yet!
The potential is huge right now. 

We should all buy some of these 5 sat coins now.  Take all these coins away from the currentbears and in to our strong hands.  Remove the supply of these coins from the market before the good announcements come, and then hodl until we are at the MUCH higher prices we expect in the future. 

If QORA can be 50 sats this summer with an unknown code base, no AT, not open source, then what should a QORA with all these features developed be worth?  A hint: its clearly more than 5. Wink

Definitely true.

Now we also have clear direction and more stability and frequent updates from people who are working on this project.

There are a lot of new things and features coming and this is a really cheap price now for investors and current holders.

Its also a really good sign the community is growing.

If anybody would like to be actively involved, please send me your email and I will add you to slack.

Thanks everybody for working on Qora.

Now Qora is gone, we have to make this baby BOOM!
HalFinneysBrain

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:03:28 AM

Now Qora is gone, we have to make this baby BOOM!
Qora did everything we needed him to.  He delivered the product, and he made it open source so the community can own it. 

If he is able to return and do more in the future it is just a bonus.  It is time for the community to build the product further and to thrive.

I dont know of any coin out there that is as beat down as Qora and yet has more positive developments going on.
There are other coins that are down over 90% from their peaks like Qora is, but most of them are dead.  There are other coins that have a lot going on, but they are worth a lot more than QORA. 

This is the place to be right now.  Ground floor, and you can buy in at 5 sats.
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:43:32 AM

http://www.coinssource.com/qora-steps-down/

We will rise and shine again!! CMON EVERYBODY!! Work to do Smiley

Do whatever you can, make marketing, post everywhere about QORA, send pm's to bitcointalk members.. LET EVERYBODY KNOW WE ARE ALIVE!!!
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:40:54 AM

The new logo is already finished, but Bitcrea doesnt release the logo, until he can acces his funds on Polo.

May ask I who made the decision to change the logo and website? To be honest I'm kinda worried about it. 9 times out of 10 people change something just for the purpose of change itself and it always hurts the product. I mean, nobody even saw the new logo, but it announced like final decision and so on. The same goes for the website.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:50:01 AM

1. If there is no objection from the community, I'd like to reserve Service ID #10 - 100 for my personal development purpose.

2. Basically, the drop-down list contains a list of Services that are available to the end Qora users - Currently there are only two working services, but I plan to add more:  MicroBlogging Service at Port 10, and Qora DarkNet (Hidden Web Service) at port 20...

It's awesome.

scriptmastr

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:41:21 AM

https://i.imgur.com/n4P3E9h.jpg

i d like to reserve port #110 - #160. and btw - great work!
going to announce my work later on. keep it up guys!
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:55:41 AM

I'm very happy & excited to see people implement services using Arbitrary Transactions.

I agree with the reservations - FTTB it's first come first served approach.

I was just wondering about the following 2 things:

• The first x slots (1 to 9 and 101 to 109) will be used for some more core/central function or they are reserved because of some reason?
  • If someone decides to use one of the already defined ports/ would he be able to create problems? If yes, how can we overcome it / could we add one extra form of authentication?

TIA,
wizzardtim

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
calvinstm

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:29:26 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 04:06:08 PM by calvinstm

It's awesome.

Thanks for the support! Btw, I really think you should talk to Vrontis about his project. Right now, he's working on a Node.js based webapp wallet for Qora, and I feel you've got a lot to contribute.  Maybe you guys can team up and collaborate on something together.

Let's make Qora the most successful Crypto Ever!

i d like to reserve port #110 - #160. and btw - great work!
going to announce my work later on. keep it up guys!

Glad to see new developer joining the team!  I think eventually we need to merge our work together and create an "Unified Qora Services Repository" for the end users. I'm going to share my visions and outline the direction we should take in my next post.

I'm very happy & excited to see people implement services using Arbitrary Transactions.

I agree with the reservations - FTTB it's first come first served approach.

I was just wondering about the following 2 things:

• The first x slots (1 to 9 and 101 to 109) will be used for some more core/central function or they are reserved because of some reason?
  • If someone decides to use one of the already defined ports/ would he be able to create problems? If yes, how can we overcome it / could we add one extra form of authentication?

I'm going to answer your questions backward -

2. I feel reservation is absolutely necessary, and it's a very bad idea for another person to use a "reserved port" for another use (unitended).  The reasoning is very simple -- If a developer create an application that process data blindly (meaning - not checking if the data conform to certain standard or format), "Bad Data" will definitely break the application and lead to negative user experience.  We certainly don't want that, do we?  Smiley  And you know, it's really easier for developer if a port is considered reserved so he doesn't need to perform "Data Check" for every block he comes across. Just my 2 cents.  Smiley

1. Between rlh, CIYAM, and me, we were just discussing how the reservation system should work.  And I just wrote a post saying that I agree with rlh - maybe we should reserve lower number ports for CORE USE and leave higher ports for 3rd party application.

There is no built-in reservation system that restrict any Service ID for 3rd-party use, but I definitely think we need some sort of written system to regulate Service ID (prefer to call them ports) use.  
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:31:27 PM

First, remember, these can't be "reserved" only "preferred".  Second, I recommend that you use number of 1,000 or higher, ask suggested bt CIYAM and myself earlier.  This is so that these IDs can be resevered and used in a more-official sense in the future.

My .02 cents on it.  You can do whst you want to do, but after working in IT and with communications for years, I can say that "cherry picking" lower IDs (which is how this could be perceived) is a little unprofessional.

Please understand, I'm not hassling you, but trying to educate/advise on the situation and explain why I don't support using those values.

Great work, btw!  This is really a good thing to add into qora.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
calvinstm

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:34:28 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 04:25:11 PM by calvinstm

First, remember, these can't be "reserved" only "preferred".  Second, I recommend that you use number of 1,000 or higher, ask suggested bt CIYAM and myself earlier.  This is so that these IDs can be resevered and used in a more-official sense in the future.

My .02 cents on it.  You can do whst you want to do, but after working in IT and with communications for years, I can say that "cherry picking" lower IDs (which is how this could be perceived) is a little unprofessional.

Please understand, I'm not hassling you, but trying to educate/advise on the situation and explain why I don't support using those values.

Okay, I agree.  Cheesy  I've got no problem with that.. So we're reserving lower 1000 IDs (from 1 to 1000) for core use???

Then I think I'll take 1001 to 1100 then (I'll need to revise my app, but thankfully, I haven't really uploaded too many transactions yet).. IF there is no objection.. Thanks for the feedback, btw.. Really appreciate it!

PS: Just re-read your statement, I understand where you're coming from, but I think we should definitely set up a reservation system and strictly enforces it for the reason outlined above -- Let's say if a developer doesn't check data format and just process data blindly, it will break an application and lead to bad user experience, don't you agree?  Smiley  (And I think it will happen very often)

BTW - thanks for playing the advisor role, definitely appreciate it!
scriptmastr

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:52:19 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 05:42:40 PM by scriptmastr

Okay, I agree.  Cheesy  I've got no problem with that.. So we're reserving lower 1000 IDs (from 1 to 1000) for core use???

Then I think I'll take 1000 to 1200 then (I'll need to revise my app, but thankfully, I haven't really uploaded too many transactions yet).. IF there is no objection.. Thanks for the feedback, btw.. Really appreciate it!
agree. i ll take ID 1201-1221

btw i am working out a php API wrapper to allow wider adoption and also give other webdevs and supporters the chance to launch own qora-services. i miss a mobile wallet so thats the first thing i am going to build upon my API lib.

i ll opensource all of my work. and i ll post updates here as well as on the site which will be hosting the mobile wallet.

check it out! http://qora2go.pw

please support this project and donate some QORA
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: