Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:58:18 PM

Before I get back to work, I'd like to share a very important message with potential developers who are looking to develop 3rd party apps for the Qora platform.

1. Right now it's entirely possible to build fee-based applications on top of Qora that will provide a steady stream of income!  The way it works with Qora Services Explorer is like this --  every time an user launches an application, an (optional) fee is paid to the developer at launch. So think of it as a SaaS (Software-as-a-service) platform.  My goal and vision for Qora Services Explorer is to eventually turn it into something like a "Qora App Store" where developers can list their applications for end users.  My only goal and objective here is to help attract 3rd-party developers to Qora. So if anyone has any question or just want to learn more about developing for Qora as a business, I'd be happy to share my insight and what I've learned. Just post your questions and I'll help answer it.

2. What makes Qora the ideal platform to build your fee-based applications on is the following - Qora is a very stable and mature system that have been in development since 2011 and is fully open sourced at the moment (even the native c libraries and graphical user interface codes have been released by the developer).

Qora has lots of tools and features set to build your ideal applications (Arbitrary Transactions for Data and upcoming Automated Transaction for Scripted Automated Processing) - plus an entire suite of API calls at your disposal.

Another thing is Qora is very well organized and neatly commented. It's very easy to learn anything you want about Qora simply by following the code.  Smiley  To me, Qora is one of the best development platform in the market today.

Thank you!!  Cheesy
calvinstm

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:02:43 PM

agree. i ll take ID 1201-1221

btw i am working out a php API wrapper to allow wider adoption and also give other webdevs and supporters the chance to launch own qora-services. i miss a mobile wallet so thats the first thing i am going to build upon my API lib.

i ll opensource all of my work. and i ll post updates here as well as on the site which will be hosting the mobile wallet.

check it out!

please support this project and donate some QORA

Totally Awesome!!  Extremely Excited to have you on the dev team!!  Grin Grin  

By the way, to me, I feel it's entirely possible to build fee-based services at the moment (so if anyone wishes, they can turn it into a business).  Right now, I am doing the development in Java but will love to learn more about your work.

What do you think of the Qora App Store idea?  Smiley  I was thinking maybe eventually people will choose Qora Services Explorer as the launcher of choice for their app (they can get paid by setting an optional service fee).

Anyways, as it stands, I am thinking maybe we should agree/develop a framework that will serve as the basis for the Qora App Store (launching platform).. Maybe the developers should work out a standard platform where services will be launched.  I don't know.  Smiley

Gotta run now, But will love to hear more about your thoughts and your visions.  Thanks for being here!  Smiley
eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:24:05 PM

First, remember, these can't be "reserved" only "preferred".  Second, I recommend that you use number of 1,000 or higher, ask suggested bt CIYAM and myself earlier.  This is so that these IDs can be resevered and used in a more-official sense in the future.

My .02 cents on it.  You can do whst you want to do, but after working in IT and with communications for years, I can say that "cherry picking" lower IDs (which is how this could be perceived) is a little unprofessional.

Please understand, I'm not hassling you, but trying to educate/advise on the situation and explain why I don't support using those values.

Okay, I agree.  Cheesy  I've got no problem with that.. So we're reserving lower 1000 IDs (from 1 to 1000) for core use???

Then I think I'll take 1000 to 1200 then (I'll need to revise my app, but thankfully, I haven't really uploaded too many transactions yet).. IF there is no objection.. Thanks for the feedback, btw.. Really appreciate it!

btw i am working out a php API wrapper to allow wider adoption and also give other webdevs and supporters the chance to launch own qora-services. i miss a mobile wallet so thats the first thing i am going to build upon my API lib.

i ll opensource all of my work. and i ll post updates here as well as on the site which will be hosting the mobile wallet.

check it out!

Sent 2m qora to you.
Wish you can do better.
If you have any idea or something about crypto , you can pm me. I am working coinport which focus on bitcoin payment.
scriptmastr

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:25:05 PM

First, remember, these can't be "reserved" only "preferred".  Second, I recommend that you use number of 1,000 or higher, ask suggested bt CIYAM and myself earlier.  This is so that these IDs can be resevered and used in a more-official sense in the future.

My .02 cents on it.  You can do whst you want to do, but after working in IT and with communications for years, I can say that "cherry picking" lower IDs (which is how this could be perceived) is a little unprofessional.

Please understand, I'm not hassling you, but trying to educate/advise on the situation and explain why I don't support using those values.

Okay, I agree.  Cheesy  I've got no problem with that.. So we're reserving lower 1000 IDs (from 1 to 1000) for core use???

Then I think I'll take 1000 to 1200 then (I'll need to revise my app, but thankfully, I haven't really uploaded too many transactions yet).. IF there is no objection.. Thanks for the feedback, btw.. Really appreciate it!

check it out! http://qora2go.pw

Sent 2m qora to you.
Wish you can do better.
If you have any idea or something about crypto , you can pm me. I am working coinport which focus on bitcoin payment.

oh wow! thanks a lot for this generous gesture. i really appreciate it. i am glad to be part of this yet young but so innovative and promising project! i ll drop you a message later on.
and thanks again!!
calvinstm

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:25:23 PM

So I'd like to share a great news with the community.

I've just had the most interesting talk with scriptmastr, and I'm happy to announce that we've got two extremely talented developers from Switzerland joining the Qora team!

(Sorry i forgot your friend's ID.. is it cs333?  Tongue)

Anyways, I think you're extremely talented and very happy to have you guys on board! I'll let you guys introduce yourself.  Smiley

Regards  Smiley

scriptmastr

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:06:02 PM

So I'd like to share a great news with the community.

I've just had the most interesting talk with scriptmastr, and I'm happy to announce that we've got two extremely talented developers from Switzerland joining the Qora team!

(Sorry i forgot your friend's ID.. is it cs333?  Tongue)

Anyways, I think you're extremely talented and very happy to have you guys on board! I'll let you guys introduce yourself.  Smiley

Regards  Smiley

thanks for the kind and motivating words. my collegue is ca333. he s a very active and skilled developer and i am sure that he ll be an enrichement for this project. very excited about the future of the project and very optimistic regarding this dev-team as well as this community. thanks for the opportunity to join it!
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:58:17 PM

Wow, I am really excited about what is going on here! Now, with skilled developers and people with ideas, we can make the world understand the true potential of Qora. You guys have my full support!
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:08:24 PM

i am happy to believe and trust to Qora. it was bottom when i met qora but i believe its potential and it ll increase day by day
ca333

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:05:55 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 01:12:25 AM by ca333

i am happy to believe and trust to Qora. it was bottom when i met qora but i believe its potential and it ll increase day by day

Hello QORA-user and QORA-team,

the potential is very big. and with a team which work together, share idea together and MAKE THING HAPPEN TOGETHER. then the limit is nonexistent. I looked for many projects in last weeks, and have soo big interest for helping a coin and go in a OS community and cryptocurrencies project because i have big faith in the soul of OS. So now i find the a good project to also help! thank you for this chance in this project.

i will put all things i make for qora in: https://github.com/ca333/qora/
also you can see my other projects i make or see my posts in bitcointalk so you see what is my interest and hobby.
i have graduated from ETH zurich and have deep knowledge in many fields of IT most i work in networkrealted projects and cryptography.
one from my new projects is satoshihack.com, bitcoinhackme.com and bitcoinhack.com under the project satoshislab.com. my project goal for this is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=993678
and i will make it now in the first hackathon for BTC and QORA in satoshislab.com - so i bring more and more skilled people from IT with more knowledge in various IT-fields in the crypto-community.

thank you!
ca333

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:48:06 PM

Wow this is all incredibly good news.  Thank you and welcome to our new developers!

I have an idea regarding the Qora services that I think could be a big deal for Qora's future.

In some other coins, there is the concept of having the blockchain be profitable.  For example, in Ripple, Bitshares, and NXT (3 of the top 10 coins), there are ways in which the currency is burned forever when the services of the blockchain are used.  (There are also ways to pay dividends or yield on assets within the system, as another way that profitable enterprises can run in the blockchains.

My idea for QORA is: what if some percentage of the QORA which was spent on these services that we develop was burned forever, thus reducing the QORA supply permanently? 

Even if the burned amounts are very small, this could generate a lot of excitement for the coin.  This is the entire value proposition behind XRP (the ripple coin), as small amounts of XRP are burned whenever ripple is used.  The idea of a deflationary, profitable coin is something that gets a lot of people very excited, and should gather us more support for QORA.

How I imagine this would work is:
There is a community standard that 10% (or some amount) of all payments for the QORA services are permanently burned. 

This percentage could be configurable such that the person running the service could set the burn rate (higher burn rates would be more attractive to the QORA community, but if they person needed to burn 0% thats fine, as long as people support them).  Alternately, it could be a fixed amount like 10%.

Service providers could either slightly raise their price, or just accept getting slightly less QORA, knowing that the process was very good for QORA itself and was increasing the value of their coins.

What we would need:
* A way for QORA to be burned permanently.  Does this exist in the code?
* Code for service providers to set the burn rate of their service.
* Community agreement that this is a good idea, and agreement on what the standard burn rate is, or whether it is up to the service provider.  (We could all vote on this in the voting system).

Do you all like this idea?  Especially devs working on services, are you opposed to this, or do you like it?  We definitely do not want to implement something liek this if it would alienate our developers.

If this is implemented, it could be a powerful idea for us to market to the crypto community to gain more QORA supporters.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:51:00 PM

Counterparty used burning too.. and it had a good ROI

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
olcaytu2005
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:57:52 PM

sorry guys. would anyone send me some qora? Not much. i just wanna try to deposit in my wallet if it works.

QPk9aqLmP7wEqSzNTMZNXpnxojJxEPfeFP

Thank you.
HalFinneysBrain

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:00:38 PM

sorry guys. would anyone send me some qora? Not much. i just wanna try to deposit in my wallet if it works.

Thank you.

Go to: qora.co.in/faucet.php
Get 20 QORA to test. Smiley
olcaytu2005
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:04:15 PM

Thank you.

Go to: qora.co.in/faucet.php
Get 20 QORA to test. Smiley

Thank you. i am testing now:)
ca333

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:18:35 PM

Wow this is all incredibly good news.  Thank you and welcome to our new developers!

I have an idea regarding the Qora services that I think could be a big deal for Qora's future.

In some other coins, there is the concept of having the blockchain be profitable.  For example, in Ripple, Bitshares, and NXT (3 of the top 10 coins), there are ways in which the currency is burned forever when the services of the blockchain are used.  (There are also ways to pay dividends or yield on assets within the system, as another way that profitable enterprises can run in the blockchains.

My idea for QORA is: what if some percentage of the QORA which was spent on these services that we develop was burned forever, thus reducing the QORA supply permanently? 

Even if the burned amounts are very small, this could generate a lot of excitement for the coin.  This is the entire value proposition behind XRP (the ripple coin), as small amounts of XRP are burned whenever ripple is used.  The idea of a deflationary, profitable coin is something that gets a lot of people very excited, and should gather us more support for QORA.

There is a community standard that 10% (or some amount) of all payments for the QORA services are permanently burned. 

This percentage could be configurable such that the person running the service could set the burn rate (higher burn rates would be more attractive to the QORA community, but if they person needed to burn 0% thats fine, as long as people support them).  Alternately, it could be a fixed amount like 10%.

Service providers could either slightly raise their price, or just accept getting slightly less QORA, knowing that the process was very good for QORA itself and was increasing the value of their coins.

What we would need:
* A way for QORA to be burned permanently.  Does this exist in the code?
* Community agreement that this is a good idea, and agreement on what the standard burn rate is, or whether it is up to the service provider.  (We could all vote on this in the voting system).

Do you all like this idea?  Especially devs working on services, are you opposed to this, or do you like it?  We definitely do not want to implement something liek this if it would alienate our developers.

If this is implemented, it could be a powerful idea for us to market to the crypto community to gain more QORA supporters.

yes is simple. only add unspendable pubKey linked to new sendbutton [BURN] and send tx to unspendable key. so its burned forever.
i also think this is good idea! it will minimize cap and rise value.

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
HalFinneysBrain

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:30:03 PM

yes is simple. only add unspendable pubKey linked to new sendbutton [BURN] and send tx to unspendable key. so its burned forever.

Awesome!  Anyone else like this?

Also, which of you just bought all the 5 sat QORA at bter that I wanted to buy tonight. Wink  Dangit.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:32:41 PM

it s done. Thank you faucet Smiley

tx: 31zNFcHHuAmYMBpyHtSypagzqvQafBwupEzVgkeigqhpmhL2EZ3LR74T8ZgkSt79YcUWC7MAi4ZyH1Y QSxtEQcW7
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:33:57 PM

Also, which of you just bought all the 5 sat QORA at bter that I wanted to buy tonight. Wink  Dangit.

I bought 20M )

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:34:16 PM

Also, which of you just bought all the 5 sat QORA at bter that I wanted to buy tonight. Wink  Dangit.

Roll Eyes

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
xyz

Activity: 1858
Merit: 774

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:47:27 PM

Wow this is all incredibly good news.  Thank you and welcome to our new developers!

In some other coins, there is the concept of having the blockchain be profitable.  For example, in Ripple, Bitshares, and NXT (3 of the top 10 coins), there are ways in which the currency is burned forever when the services of the blockchain are used.  (There are also ways to pay dividends or yield on assets within the system, as another way that profitable enterprises can run in the blockchains.

Even if the burned amounts are very small, this could generate a lot of excitement for the coin.  This is the entire value proposition behind XRP (the ripple coin), as small amounts of XRP are burned whenever ripple is used.  The idea of a deflationary, profitable coin is something that gets a lot of people very excited, and should gather us more support for QORA.

This percentage could be configurable such that the person running the service could set the burn rate (higher burn rates would be more attractive to the QORA community, but if they person needed to burn 0% thats fine, as long as people support them).  Alternately, it could be a fixed amount like 10%.

What we would need:
* A way for QORA to be burned permanently.  Does this exist in the code?
* Community agreement that this is a good idea, and agreement on what the standard burn rate is, or whether it is up to the service provider.  (We could all vote on this in the voting system).

Do you all like this idea?  Especially devs working on services, are you opposed to this, or do you like it?  We definitely do not want to implement something liek this if it would alienate our developers.

Sorry, I don't agree! I don't see what can be good to burn coins! Maybe I don't understand well...
But many coins will be lost on other ways - for example in lost wallets...
I love that coins are NOT burned, but go as fee from one wallet to another!

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: