Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:00:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif  (Read 149396 times)
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:41:03 AM

Is there an Nvidia miner for this yet?

Not an optimized Nvidia miner but the miner that wr104 made does work.

Thanks, I searched around and couldn't find this, is a source or precompile available?

It's in the OP: https://github.com/kryptohash/cgminer-khc/releases

I can't remember which one exactly works for the Nvidia card with multiple gpus. I put mine on something else for now as the 750ti's was only getting about 50 kh/s but the 970 gets about 150 kh/s with the cgminer. I am hoping that when wr104 gets sgminer going it will work better.
Looks like that's AMD only, maybe I'm missing something but checked the readme and install guides and tried it out.

It does work for Nvidia just not the best but it works. Like I posted in the quote the speeds I got on my 750ti ' s and 970.

You need to put in the number of Cuda Cores for the shaders.

I'm on Linux and getting this when trying to compile from source, all the premades were for Windows it seems.

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/cgminer-khc'
  CC     cgminer-cgminer.o
  CC     cgminer-util.o
  CC     cgminer-sha2.o
  CC     cgminer-api.o
  CC     cgminer-logging.o
api.c: In function âmessageâ:
api.c:1421:7: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]
cgminer.c: In function âraw_diffâ:
cgminer.c:3388:26: error: âstruct workâ has no member named âktargetâ
make[2]: *** [cgminer-cgminer.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cgminer-khc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cgminer-khc'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:46:40 AM

Thanks, I searched around and couldn't find this, is a source or precompile available?

I can't remember which one exactly works for the Nvidia card with multiple gpus. I put mine on something else for now as the 750ti's was only getting about 50 kh/s but the 970 gets about 150 kh/s with the cgminer. I am hoping that when wr104 gets sgminer going it will work better.
Looks like that's AMD only, maybe I'm missing something but checked the readme and install guides and tried it out.

It does work for Nvidia just not the best but it works. Like I posted in the quote the speeds I got on my 750ti ' s and 970.

I'm on Linux and getting this when trying to compile from source, all the premades were for Windows it seems.

CC     cgminer-cgminer.o
  CC     cgminer-util.o
  CC     cgminer-sha2.o
  CC     cgminer-api.o
  CC     cgminer-logging.o
api.c:1421:7: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]

Oh sorry about that. I just assumed you was running Windows.

I have no idea about getting it going on Linux.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
wr104 (OP)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 03:05:06 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 02:41:34 PM by wr104

CC     cgminer-cgminer.o
  CC     cgminer-util.o
  CC     cgminer-sha2.o
  CC     cgminer-api.o
  CC     cgminer-logging.o

Oh sorry about that. I just assumed you was running Windows.

I have no idea about getting it going on Linux.

It seems you didn't run the configure with the right flags or, you are missing the AMD APP SDK.  Download the APP SDK from here: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/

Then run:

autoreconf -fvi
      CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2" ./configure --enable-opencl --enable-kryptohash
      make
      strip cgminer

doitASAP

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:26:47 PM

nonce-pool is down again  Sad Sad Sad
a waste of hashpower for 4 hours
nonce-pool

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:54:19 PM

nonce-pool is down again  Sad Sad Sad
a waste of hashpower for 4 hours

The pool has been running non-stop for days, did your miner go to sleep? We found on one machine when the monitor goes to sleep the miner would stop hashing.
doitASAP

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:13:07 PM

Dev,we really need another pool.  Angry
WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:34:06 PM

Why don't you put one up?  The download link to the python code is available in this thread.  Are you asking for a bounty?  Being that the coin is attracting more attention to exchanges means the dev has to go cross platform for the wallet further so that lengthens his todo list.

On the current pool there are two ports open, one is stratum, and the other is standard http like in solo mining.  Both will accept shares and both can be put in one cgminer conf file if is becoming a problem for you, you can use the load-balance variable in the conf file so your miner will use both but when there is multiple block detection going on your miner will still pause and idle as it has to wait for work.  I've spent many hours mining on the pool, there are a couple things that can generate questions but I didn't note that there was a problem other than the current pool could stand to be run on a little faster hardware.
doitASAP

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:37:09 PM

Why don't you put one up?  The download link to the python code is available in this thread.  Are you asking for a bounty?  Being that the coin is attracting more attention to exchanges means the dev has to go cross platform for the wallet further so that lengthens his todo list.

On the current pool there are two ports open, one is stratum, and the other is standard http like in solo mining.  Both will accept shares and both can be put in one cgminer conf file if is becoming a problem for you, you can use the load-balance variable in the conf file so your miner will use both but when there is multiple block detection going on your miner will still pause and idle as it has to wait for work.  I've spent many hours mining on the pool, there are a couple things that can generate questions but I didn't note that there was a problem other than the current pool could stand to be run on a little faster hardware.
I am just a miner,setting up a pool is not my job.
WORE

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:18:37 PM

And on the other hand, the dev doesn't run a pool.
nonce-pool

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:50:24 PM

A lot of folks have voiced there displeasure with the pool so we will try to explain a few things so they will be a better understanding of mining kryptohash.

First of all the algo is very difficult to mine, (think about this before letting go of them so easily)
Pool shares are only diff 1, this is as low as we can set it.
Even with diff 1 shares it can take a long time for your miner to find shares.
With the pools low share submission rate it is hard to get a very accurate hash rate calculation on the pool.
The rounds are fairly quick which resets the statistics and with the websites page caching the pool stats can look rather weird at times.

The longpoll and stratum port function nearly the same only the networking code is different.
Folks should be using the stratum port for best results, we will leave the longpoll port up as a backup.
The work restarts you see in the miner happens when there is no work for your miner to do (right after a block is found) the pool gets 0s from the daemon and that is sent to your miner allowing it to idle down. This by design is unique to kryptohash.
We have a simple bash script running that checks the mempool every second for new work and creates a new transaction for miners to work on if the mempool is empty (these tx fees are paid by the pool as well) this keeps your miners running nearly 100% of the time instead of idling down.

Building a pool for kryptohash is not exactly trivial but not that hard either, we have given out the python-hash-code so others can build their own pools without having to start from scratch.

There are probably some other things but this should cover the bulk of it. We will gladly answer any questions.
wr104 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 08:18:43 PM

Dev,we really need another pool.  Angry

Why don't you put one up?  The download link to the python code is available in this thread.  Are you asking for a bounty?  Being that the coin is attracting more attention to exchanges means the dev has to go cross platform for the wallet further so that lengthens his todo list.

On the current pool there are two ports open, one is stratum, and the other is standard http like in solo mining.  Both will accept shares and both can be put in one cgminer conf file if is becoming a problem for you, you can use the load-balance variable in the conf file so your miner will use both but when there is multiple block detection going on your miner will still pause and idle as it has to wait for work.  I've spent many hours mining on the pool, there are a couple things that can generate questions but I didn't note that there was a problem other than the current pool could stand to be run on a little faster hardware.

I won't come up with my own pool. That would constitute a conflict of interest on my part, no different than me setting up my own exchange.
wr104 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 08:33:07 PM

BTW, I'm working on a new cgminer-khc version that I'm expecting to release by tomorrow.

More details to come.

doitASAP

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:55:46 PM

Why don't you put one up?  The download link to the python code is available in this thread.  Are you asking for a bounty?  Being that the coin is attracting more attention to exchanges means the dev has to go cross platform for the wallet further so that lengthens his todo list.

On the current pool there are two ports open, one is stratum, and the other is standard http like in solo mining.  Both will accept shares and both can be put in one cgminer conf file if is becoming a problem for you, you can use the load-balance variable in the conf file so your miner will use both but when there is multiple block detection going on your miner will still pause and idle as it has to wait for work.  I've spent many hours mining on the pool, there are a couple things that can generate questions but I didn't note that there was a problem other than the current pool could stand to be run on a little faster hardware.

I won't come up with my own pool. That would constitute a conflict of interest on my part, no different than me setting up my own exchange.

okay ,forget about the pool,someone may do that in the future when the price is up.
how about a bigger exchange?
KHC is good coin,you could contact some exchanges and I think they may like to add it.
WORE

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:03:46 PM

okay ,forget about the pool,someone may do that in the future when the price is up.
KHC is good coin,you could contact some exchanges and I think they may like to add it.

Correct, it is a good coin, but I don't think they are looking at explosive growth for pump and dump.  There is plenty of potential in this coin, and I get the feeling they are going about it the right way by not putting the cart before the horse.
doitASAP

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:16:25 PM

Correct, it is a good coin, but I don't think they are looking at explosive growth for pump and dump.  There is plenty of potential in this coin, and I get the feeling they are going about it the right way by not putting the cart before the horse.
Good coins also need promotion,a bigger exchange itself is promoting in some sense.
bitman008

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:21:45 PM

More than half the net hashrate is solo mining,not in the pool. Cheesy

bitman008

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:28:23 PM

DEV,when will the IOS and Android wallet come out?

wr104 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:43:39 PM

DEV,when will the IOS and Android wallet come out?

They are the next items on my To Do list.  The Android wallet will come first since that's what I got on my Smartphone.   Cheesy

bitman008

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:46:58 PM

what does that region code for?  Huh

WORE

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:54:12 PM

Good coins also need promotion,a bigger exchange itself is promoting in some sense.

The 320bit hash algo and use of PID to diff calc sells itself, there is no other coin that has done these things let alone get it stable in the time this coin has, not even BTC did this but then again it is based off a later release of the BTC wallet.  It can also potentially sell itself into trouble if the cart is put before the horse.  The person behind this coin is an adult, there is no gimmick, and you'll find that adults are pretty FUD resistant when compared to the kids behind a [scrypt'jane+mo+frank'] coins which are based entirely off the LTC wallet.  Pretty sure that when dev is satisfied with his creation's ability to serve the masses, then he will undoubtedly move to promote it.  Until that time he has the ability to make it rock solid without the stress of debug and release growing pains involved in multiple code bases.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: