Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: permabulls not only lost the control over this section-in fact they are extinct  (Read 12251 times)
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 08:12:59 AM

You bulls don't know how to have a real conversation... You just bash and bash while the price goes down and down

Down and down? More like up and down.

So you are calling the bottom at 275???
Just like you did at 800 & 600 right lmfao...
Please understand we still didn't break the $500+ coin that was needed to break the downtrend... Even with that huge manipulation to 470!
We are still on a short term heavy downtrend from 685 & a long term down trend all year since the $1,100+ shameful manipulation that still has many convinced BTC is god

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smalltimer (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:18:20 AM

You bulls don't know how to have a real conversation... You just bash and bash while the price goes down and down

^
this

the first one to shut up when price actually rises is me, but this shit does not rise anytime soon and people around here look at it like blasphemy if you say it's going lower still.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:50:04 AM

^
this

the first one to shut up when price actually rises is me, but this shit does not rise anytime soon and people around here look at it like blasphemy if you say it's going lower still.

As the guy in this Bitcoin video said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlydjg1tiso
To succeed in life it's not enough to be stupid, you also need to have good manners Smiley
I guess good manners aren't common around these parts.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:18:01 AM

^
Is Coinbase as ill-informed as I am?  Why don't they forgo waiting for confirms Huh
Did you at least do your reading?

6 confirms is no guarantee. <snip>

You can ignore this again if you want, but I'll just leave it here because it states how long IRL Bitcoin transactions take.
This text is taken from the Dell website.  Dell is a merchant "accepting Bitcoin."  Can you think of a better example?  I won't even dwell on the fact that Dell actually accepts cash--it's Dell's payment processor, Coinbase, that accepts Bitcoin.  
One final word:  Keep your eyes peeled for the the emboldened, red text--it might be something relevant!
Here we go now:

Regarding paying with Bitcoin, merchant adoption etc., etc, let's look at reality.
Dell is the hobbyhorse that often gets trotted out when merchant adoption is brought up.  Let's check what actually happens & how instantaneous it is:
Transactions verified by Bitcoin network.
Once a Bitcoin transaction is submitted to the Bitcoin network, it may take an hour or longer for the Bitcoin network to fully verify the transaction. A transaction is not complete until it is fully verified. Dell has no control over this timeframe imposed by the Bitcoin network.
Taken from http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/campaigns/bitcoin-terms-and-conditions

Just in case you missed it, here it is again:

"it may take an hour or longer for the Bitcoin network to fully verify the transaction. A transaction is not complete until it is fully verified."

Both Dell and Coinbase could benefit greatly from your expertise, and it is your civic duty to call them without delay!
Whatever you do, don't let some dumb secretary hanging up dissuade you from completing your quest!  Let them laugh, sgbett, but dial again and again!
Godspeed!

What coinbase and dell do is their business.

Posting the same thing (which incidentally is an argument from authority) without reading what *I* posted, after calling out other people for not reading? thats not smart.

You even failed to understand the pretty pictures that brg444 posted - your native language.

you keep using the red sentence, which contains the assertion "fully verified". You think that means something, but if your google fu was up to it you'd know that "fully verified" is an arbitrary definition, based on math. It's a function of assumed network conditions and acceptable risk.

This is *exactly* what i stated in my prior post. That you ignored, or didn't understand, or don't care to acknowledge because you just want a fight OTI?

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:32:33 PM

What's the point of this? Everyone involved in the last few pages have been around long enough to know all the arguments and counterarguments being thrown around. This isn't a discussion about technology and facts, it's just fighting for its own sake.

Don't blame everyone for one silly little troll.

Mind you, they don't need to quote her.
Anyone knowingly feeding a troll is guilty of the trolls trollery. Which is why they have taken over this little corner of the net.

it would be so nice to have the ignore function working in a way that it would automatically *snip* the ignored contend, even if quoted.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:32:45 PM

What coinbase and dell do is their business.

Posting the same thing (which incidentally is an argument from authority) without reading what *I* posted, after calling out other people for not reading? thats not smart.

You even failed to understand the pretty pictures that brg444 posted - your native language.

you keep using the red sentence, which contains the assertion "fully verified". You think that means something, but if your google fu was up to it you'd know that "fully verified" is an arbitrary definition, based on math. It's a function of assumed network conditions and acceptable risk.

This is *exactly* what i stated in my prior post. That you ignored, or didn't understand, or don't care to acknowledge because you just want a fight OTI?

What is it about "we're discussing how things are, not how they could be" that's so difficult for you to grasp?  You are trying to defend RodeoX's lulzy claim, here:

... Bitcoin is the single greatest development in payments since the credit card. There is nothing faster, cheaper, or more secure. ...

I pointed out that CC transactions are far faster than Bitcoin.
I gave you real life examples of how long BTC transactions take.
You and your buddy countered with how things could be, in theory.

I don't care how things could be in theory, RodeoX's claim didn't read:  "Bitcoin ... is utter shit for now, but, in theory, it could be awesome."  His claim was that Bitcoin IS faster.  It clearly is not.

In theory, both Communism and Christianity lead to righteousness and bliss.  Practice proves otherwise.

TL;DR:  If you'd like to discuss how good Bitcoin could theoretically become, let's level the playing field and discuss how good a Credit Card could become.  In theory.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 01:41:29 PM

NotLambchop tries to paint a picture like if you go online or in person and make a purchase you'll have to stand in place checking BlockChain.info or Bitcoin Core for like 1 hour before you can go on your merry way.

Major failure.

It's the same as if you use your precious Mastercard or Visa or AMEX.  Soon as it's verified, you're on your merry way.  Could be a few seconds to a minute or so.  I know.  I've bought things with Bitcoin, bought Bitcoin through LocalBitcoins, bought miners from Bitmaintech with Bitcoin.

NotLambchop doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Anyways...good luck with that credit card charge that takes 1 to 2 days to fully confirm:

http://usa.visa.com/merchants/become-a-merchant/how-a-visa-transaction-works.jsp

A Visa transaction is a carefully orchestrated process. When a Visa account holder uses a Visa card to buy a pair of shoes, it’s actually the acquirer — the merchant’s bank — that reimburses the merchant for the shoes. Then, the issuer — the account holder’s bank — reimburses the acquirer, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Lastly, the issuer collects from the account holder by withdrawing funds from the account holder’s bank account if a debit account is used, or through billing if a credit account is used.

Also, make sure if you do alot of banking, just make sure it's not Chase:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/10/02/jpmorgan-discovers-further-cyber-security-issues/

Also, if you happen to shop at Target or Target.com, maybe lay off the plastic:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-03-13/target-missed-alarms-in-epic-hack-of-credit-card-data

(Drops mic...awaits pointless gif)

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:50:32 PM

I pointed out that CC transactions are far faster than Bitcoin.

You did and that is what I disagree with, right now, not in some imagined future scenario that you have invented.

As we keep pointing out to you, BTC transactions are fast (right now).

I gave you real life examples of how long BTC transactions take.
You and your buddy countered with how things could be, in theory.

No you didn't, you told us how many confirmations coinbase and dell want before *they* consider the BTC to be "fully verified", which as has been pointed out is an arbitrary measure.

That is not the same as "how long BTC transactions take". BTC transactions take seconds (right now).

Here is something that is not theoretical, but how bitcoin is already being used in practice i.e. right now.

Why don't you time it...

https://vimeo.com/114076370

Do not blink. You will miss it.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:01:46 PM

<snip>

I don't care if some guy accepts BTC without any confirms, I'm interested in how DELL, A REAL RETAILER THAT ALLEGEDLY ACCEPTS BITCOIN, does it.
Thanks for the link to a shit video that no one watched, for bonus points try Rickrolling me next time.
Like dealing with sullen, differently-enabled children I swear grumble, grumble...

Regarding paying with Bitcoin, merchant adoption etc., etc, let's look at reality.
Dell is the hobbyhorse that often gets trotted out when merchant adoption is brought up.  Let's check what actually happens & how instantaneous it is:
Transactions verified by Bitcoin network.
Once a Bitcoin transaction is submitted to the Bitcoin network, it may take an hour or longer for the Bitcoin network to fully verify the transaction. A transaction is not complete until it is fully verified. Dell has no control over this timeframe imposed by the Bitcoin network.
Taken from http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/campaigns/bitcoin-terms-and-conditions
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 11:01:57 PM

Back on topic, permabulls lost control over this section & more bulls will continue to become bears everyday that passes.

I do NOT want to have to quote Warren Buffett here but what he said really is true & since buying at the bottom (that nobody would admit was a bottom) was the way I got rich in stocks I can't deny at ALL that when nobody want's to invest in solid assests with a good track record... It is in fact the best time to buy in.
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:14:20 PM

I don't care if some guy accepts BTC without any confirms, I'm interested in how DELL, A REAL RETAILER THAT ALLEGEDLY ACCEPTS BITCOIN, does it.

Of course you want to change the subject, because you've realised that trying to maintain "bitcoin isn't fast" is a bit silly when you just saw it happen in < 2 seconds.

Parent said bitcoin is fast. You said it wasn't. Video proves it is. Your hard on for Dell is neither here nor there.

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:29:21 PM

...Video proves it is. ...

How is it that you remember to breathe?

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:38:26 PM

Time to break out the ignore button. Again.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:20:58 AM

...Video proves it is. ...

How is it that you remember to breathe?

Can you really be sure I am breathing? Do you have 6 confirmations? What does Dell have to say about it?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:47:01 AM

Bulltrolls are the worst Roll Eyes

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:22:46 AM

Hahaha it's hilarious how this entire place is now a trollfest run by bears. Guys obviously upset they lost a lot of money, missed and opportunity or just have some weird agenda against bitcoin.

This kind of attitude tells me there's good things in the horizon. Still buying, it's worth the risk imo... and people here who make radical claims don't know shit.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
homo homini lupus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Hahaha it's hilarious how this entire place is now a trollfest run by bears. Guys obviously upset they lost a lot of money, missed and opportunity or just have some weird agenda against bitcoin.

This kind of attitude tells me there's good things in the horizon. Still buying, it's worth the risk imo... and people here who make radical claims don't know shit.

someone sounds a little angry.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:53:19 AM

name: homo
activity: 0
friends: none
hobbies: dick

Ignore button: activated

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
homo homini lupus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:00:39 AM

name: homo
activity: 0
friends: none
hobbies: dick

Ignore button: activated

he is indeed a bit tense  Roll Eyes
hate me for being right.
thanks for the warm welcome.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 05:41:31 AM

^ People are really mad bitcoin is down 70%
You must understand everytime these guys buy more bitcoin & are happy to bring their "cost-average" per coin down BTC goes down again and they have to do it again and again and again...
Cut these people some slack, you would need it too if you bought every dip since $1,100+  Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: