Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:02:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Piratebay taken down  (Read 10784 times)
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:22:16 AM

Too bad, I really liked it, my gf liked it even more, why did they took it down?

Your girlfriend likes pirated files more than you? Cheesy I guess you need to spend more time with her. Maybe it is sign to do that.

Why they took it down? I think it has something to do with piracy being illegal...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:53:56 AM

This is a fairly good torrent site for tv and movies as well. My current replacement for PB. http://extratorrent.cc  Roll Eyes

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 12:49:30 PM

They will multiply their servers.
http://rt.com/news/213387-pirate-bay-party-chairman/

There we go.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Danx-

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:14:47 PM

really sad for anyone who isn't an owner of something they provided for free Cheesy . There are plenty of other torrent sites and tons of copies for TPB so till it comes back there won't be a "torrent" shortage.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:40:54 PM

They can't stop it. Demonoid goes away, something new pops up. Megaupload goes away, something new pops up. Btjunkie goes away, something new pops up. TPB goes away, something new pops up. Why will the government not stop already. They are never ever going to end file sharing.

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:08:54 PM

They can't stop it. Demonoid goes away, something new pops up. Megaupload goes away, something new pops up. Btjunkie goes away, something new pops up. TPB goes away, something new pops up. Why will the government not stop already. They are never ever going to end file sharing.

Because it's not the gov that really cares. It's hollyweird, mpaa, and the global movie investors who are getting their panties in a bunch.

I stopped using tpb years ago.  Kickass.to all the way baby
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 03:12:36 PM

Because it's not the gov that really cares. It's hollyweird, mpaa, and the global movie investors who are getting their panties in a bunch.

I stopped using tpb years ago.  Kickass.to all the way baby

I tend to use kickass as my backup site to go download stuff from, but yeah, they can't stop it, especially when they have funding sources like Bitcoin which can't be shut down.
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:13:26 PM

I'm curious if this take down is related to the U.S. gov's claim to have broken tor? Is there a link between the two?
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 03:22:57 PM

I'm curious if this take down is related to the U.S. gov's claim to have broken tor? Is there a link between the two?

We can only theorise really can't we? But if I were to it would certainly be part of a larger PR exercise and a show of force not only to people resisting the U.S but also to convince their masters who's in charge.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 07:07:32 PM

We can only theorise really can't we? But if I were to it would certainly be part of a larger PR exercise and a show of force not only to people resisting the U.S but also to convince their masters who's in charge.
I highly doubt that it is. TPB was run on virtual servers where only 1 part of it was exposed.
It had to be found one day.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 07:32:59 PM

I highly doubt that it is. TPB was run on virtual servers where only 1 part of it was exposed.
It had to be found one day.

Never know really, but either way, we'll win Tongue
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 08:15:42 PM

I am wondering why gov is doing this.

They should already understand that they cannot stop pirates.

They can bail whoever they want, they can close as many servers as they want.
This will only change the form of piracy. For stronger.

I was born almost 30 years ago. In my country in 80's and 1st half of 90's people were selling 'illegal' copies of music, movies and later on 8-bit games with no restrictions. It was 'legal'.

Every weekend there was  (it is going on till now! Smiley ) a huge flee market placed in my city were people were mostly selling VHS, Floppy disks, tapes with games/music/movies.

I was buying copied games for C-64 and later on for Amiga with no problem in most of the computer shops from those times.
It wasn't illegal. Well.. maybe it was but no one was giving a fu** about it.

Later on the new law came and they start chasing pirates with the police.
It was let say 20 years ago ... did they won with pirates? No.

Now on you cannot buy copied games in the computer shop, but every weekend people are doing this on the mentioned before flee market.
It is illegal but for some reason they are doing this for years and well ... only a little percent of them get any fine or smthing like that.
Well ... I don't understand why people are buying anything from them when they have/had a Pirate's bay and their own Internet but perhaps for many people using a torrent is just too hard to learn. Better pay other pirate for downloading and burning Smiley

What was my point ... Ah, yes. Pirates cannot be stopped.
Pirates will always come with new ideas. Just stop chasing them ... that will save money (money from our taxes) and their time...

Same thing with Tor... I must say that I highly respect Tor idea. But I am not using it. I don't really feel that I need to do it. And with all security issues inside of Tor I choose to not use it. But it is really amazing how does it work and I respect it a lot.
Gov cannot stop Tor. They can brake it but ... someone will came with another idea which will be even better.
So why they not just leave it ... ? Smiley ...

Eh.
BTW. I hate the way in which gov's system is trying to have control over everything.
And I hate democracy. Most of the world is using democracy but well ... it seems to be not working well.
It is "we" who are choosing those people who are trying to take control over us.
It is "we" who are paying them with taxes.
it is "we" who SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OVER EVERYTHING... Sorry for the caps... Just my heart beat 2 times faster when I think about that.

Kind regards.

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 10:19:33 PM

I was born almost 30 years ago. In my country in 80's and 1st half of 90's people were selling 'illegal' copies of music, movies and later on 8-bit games with no restrictions. It was 'legal'.

Every weekend there was  (it is going on till now! Smiley ) a huge flee market placed in my city were people were mostly selling VHS, Floppy disks, tapes with games/music/movies.

I was buying copied games for C-64 and later on for Amiga with no problem in most of the computer shops from those times.

Now on you cannot buy copied games in the computer shop, but every weekend people are doing this on the mentioned before flee market.
It is illegal but for some reason they are doing this for years and well ... only a little percent of them get any fine or smthing like that.
Well ... I don't understand why people are buying anything from them when they have/had a Pirate's bay and their own Internet but perhaps for many people using a torrent is just too hard to learn. Better pay other pirate for downloading and burning Smiley

Pirates will always come with new ideas. Just stop chasing them ... that will save money (money from our taxes) and their time...

Same thing with Tor... I must say that I highly respect Tor idea. But I am not using it. I don't really feel that I need to do it. And with all security issues inside of Tor I choose to not use it. But it is really amazing how does it work and I respect it a lot.
Gov cannot stop Tor. They can brake it but ... someone will came with another idea which will be even better.

Eh.
BTW. I hate the way in which gov's system is trying to have control over everything.
And I hate democracy. Most of the world is using democracy but well ... it seems to be not working well.
It is "we" who are choosing those people who are trying to take control over us.
it is "we" who SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OVER EVERYTHING... Sorry for the caps... Just my heart beat 2 times faster when I think about that.

Kind regards.

When I visited China years ago I was blown away by how easy it was to find and buy knockoffs and pirated wares. Somewhere like China (I think) would be ideal as a home base of operations for sites like ThePirateBay.

Democracy is a sham. Ideally it was a means for the general population to vote in one of their peers to represent them in government, yet it has obviously been subverted by the oligarchs to serve their needs, while merely maintaining the guise of acting in the best interest of their constituents. Most politicians are not representative of a country's general population, since most politicians are millionaires, while much of the general population struggles to remain above the poverty line. It is safe to say that the peers of these politicians are the oligarchical class who would very much like to remain in (or gain even greater) positions of power and live in the lap of luxury.

I too get anxious just thinking about it or when trying to convince people "The World is a Stage" and things are often not as they seem.

shenron276

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:35:27 PM

They already have a backup server, domain and what not. Nothing can bring them down. They're invincible. Their power level is probably OVER 9000. Cheesy
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:03:30 AM

This sucks, but there are more sites out there.

What do you guys think of private trackers? Worth the money?
Chohannes

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:05:34 AM

It is going to take some time for it to come back up

I got an invite to speed.cd, a private tracker.. altough i wont risk getting banned if u just leech Tongue
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:11:12 AM

Eh.

Kind regards.

When I visited China years ago I was blown away by how easy it was to find and buy knockoffs and pirated wares. Somewhere like China (I think) would be ideal as a home base of operations for sites like ThePirateBay.

Democracy is a sham. Ideally it was a means for the general population to vote in one of their peers to represent them in government, yet it has obviously been subverted by the oligarchs to serve their needs, while merely maintaining the guise of acting in the best interest of their constituents. Most politicians are not representative of a country's general population, since most politicians are millionaires, while much of the general population struggles to remain above the poverty line. It is safe to say that the peers of these politicians are the oligarchical class who would very much like to remain in (or gain even greater) positions of power and live in the lap of luxury.

I too get anxious just thinking about it or when trying to convince people "The World is a Stage" and things are often not as they seem.

China? Really? You realize to share files they would need an internet connection to the rest of the world, right? lol

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 07:22:40 AM

China? Really? You realize to share files they would need an internet connection to the rest of the world, right? lol

WTF was I thinking?! I forgot how censored the internet is there.  Embarrassed

sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:48:12 AM

IT's impossible to take down pirate bay
They will rise up again

Even they able to take down pirate bay
There are plenty torrent/P2P sites

Law can't take down ilegal content  Sad
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:48:59 PM

WTF was I thinking?! I forgot how censored the internet is there.  Embarrassed

ROFL   I have days like that. It's when I say things like, "does anyone know what color blue is"?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: