Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:52:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436017 times)
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:19:58 PM

Just an update of sorts.
At this stage the dev has logged on a few times and as far as we can tell has read about the deadline.

Hoping for an update.
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:04:16 PM

So even though the dev doesn't post here like ever here are the PMs I've received from him in relation to development (I did PM and ask him but he didn't reply back obviously so I just assume its fine to share this stuff).

May 20:
"About current development status,

Core wallet that being tested contains all patches and many important bug fixes to match latest commits (May 9, 2016) of Shadow Project (see https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/commits/master)

Block number for requires hardfork of new protocol is currently planned for block 1,000,000 but could be postpone if needed.

Security wise, our 2FA is being hardening in some areas.

Bittorrent implementation is still in CLI phrase, nothing like pretty UI yet but I will try to provide you some screenshot or screencast showing what I am working on hopefully within next month.

Regards,

vTorrent"

July 26:
"Hello,

Please do not worry about that as all of the client running 0.8.1 are getting over 6 connections most of the time.

There are some problems in building Windows client since version 0.8.1, it is compiled with 0 errors but still get dozen of linker issues.

Once we get that problem solved with no other issue, 0.8.1 will be officially release to public.

Regards,
vTorrent"

As a side note I have paid for 3 months of premium at cryptoguru for the block explorer
http://cryptoguru.tk/CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR

As a disclaimer: I don't have any direct relationship to the dev, I'm just a long time investor in this project so would like to see it succeed eventually. The one shining quality about this project seems to be the complete lack of communication, I suppose if the dev really wanted to he could've pumped and dumped this shit like a thousand times over with bullshit announcements etc, but he hasn't. It's already been about 2 years of waiting for me, so I will remain patient and optimistic.

Can you quit with this self proclaimed King Maker shit already.

Like I said you're demands for an answer to your question because you are pissed off is hurting other peoples investment in both waiting time and money.
ik_do

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:39:12 PM

So even though the dev doesn't post here like ever here are the PMs I've received from him in relation to development (I did PM and ask him but he didn't reply back obviously so I just assume its fine to share this stuff).

May 20:
"About current development status,

Core wallet that being tested contains all patches and many important bug fixes to match latest commits (May 9, 2016) of Shadow Project (see https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/commits/master)

Block number for requires hardfork of new protocol is currently planned for block 1,000,000 but could be postpone if needed.

Security wise, our 2FA is being hardening in some areas.

Bittorrent implementation is still in CLI phrase, nothing like pretty UI yet but I will try to provide you some screenshot or screencast showing what I am working on hopefully within next month.

Regards,

vTorrent"

July 26:
"Hello,

Please do not worry about that as all of the client running 0.8.1 are getting over 6 connections most of the time.

There are some problems in building Windows client since version 0.8.1, it is compiled with 0 errors but still get dozen of linker issues.

Once we get that problem solved with no other issue, 0.8.1 will be officially release to public.

Regards,
vTorrent"

As a side note I have paid for 3 months of premium at cryptoguru for the block explorer
http://cryptoguru.tk/CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR

As a disclaimer: I don't have any direct relationship to the dev, I'm just a long time investor in this project so would like to see it succeed eventually. The one shining quality about this project seems to be the complete lack of communication, I suppose if the dev really wanted to he could've pumped and dumped this shit like a thousand times over with bullshit announcements etc, but he hasn't. It's already been about 2 years of waiting for me, so I will remain patient and optimistic.

Can you quit with this self proclaimed King Maker shit already.

Like I said you're demands for an answer to your question because you are pissed off is hurting other peoples investment in both waiting time and money.

So you propose to do nothing so that people continuously buy into a project where the dev has failed to provide any updates in a long, long time?

Again, look at what you're quoting, I paid for the block explorer. Several times. I've put money and time into this project (beyond investing itself, I've paid for several things).

I can completely reasonably make a demand for answers if I want to, at a time when I choose to. The dev has been given all the time in the world to think, but I want to see proof of the goods.
bugreporterr

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:10:57 PM

Is every person here 15 year old?

Who cares what the dev does? Hold a bit in case of moon, meanwhile buy low sell high. You have multiple chances to double money in last year. Why did you not take them?

Complain complain complain lol. Not surprised dev does not want to talk to noisy children.
DogTheHunter

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:51:14 PM

I can completely reasonably make a demand for answers if I want to, at a time when I choose to. The dev has been given all the time in the world to think, but I want to see proof of the goods.

I have no issues with you making demands for an update.

But a demand or else "I'm declaring this project dead" is not reasonable for those of us who disagree with your finality. If you don't get an answer, you have the absolute right to complain, then walk away.
hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:44:24 AM

If he will not give us any answers by Monday then don't forget to leave negative trust:

pnoch
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=189897
vtorrent dev
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=402107
spartak_t
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=202461

They are all working together. Vtorrent dev running multiple scam projects stealing money and wasting investors time. Spartak_t is in contact with pnoch and admitted that he dumped his vtr. Probably pnoch told him it's a scam. Now check my previous post where I posted the screenshot where pnoch is telling other community member that torrent functionality is working. Fucking thai bastard.

Maybe other people won't lose money.
DogTheHunter

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:39:36 AM

don't forget to leave negative trust:

IK_DO, you've effectively tried to create a run on a bank for this project.

Stop fucking around with other people's money.
ALCTEC

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:01:40 AM

I don't see how a deadline affects anyone else's investment. People can continue to hold and play pnd even if dev doesn't answer. Living in a fantasy and clinging onto false hope imo though
ik_do

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:25:25 AM

I don't see how a deadline affects anyone else's investment. People can continue to hold and play pnd even if dev doesn't answer. Living in a fantasy and clinging onto false hope imo though

Agreed. I'm not the priest and you don't have to listen to my gospel, all I'm doing is trying to force an answer on a project in which I've had a significant financial stake. Bear in mind this is the closest anyone is going to come to achieving an answer out of the dev and it isn't something which I especially enjoy doing, but I've sent repeated PMs to the dev that has gone unresponded for quite some time.

This is all I (and presumably) anyone else has left to do, try to force the dev out and to give a status update. If you have a bright idea, then please share it, but if the dev doesn't want to post updates and doesn't want to respond to PMs then I will keep doing what I'm doing.

A fair amount of people in this thread invested (from my understanding) more than a year back meaning they made 5x what they put in (besides the increase in bitcoin itself). Some people got on the pump and dump trains that started more or less during this year. This was always a moon shot project and you should always do your own research and never commit to more than you're willing to lose. Especially with cryptocurrency. And please don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I think the whole witch hunt thing (tracking down who is responsible etc) needs to stop, we are still not at the deadline.

Also keep in mind that this project was mined from the beginning, some of us here did actually mine during the very early days. This was not an ICO. Only something like ~3% was premined and as this was not obviously dumped onto the market during formative days it doesn't matter at all.

There's a lot of speculation that the dev has been sustaining the price and pumping/dumping etc. Please keep in mind that with all projects in cryptocurrency there are people who accumulate huge amounts of projects and then try to manipulate pumps, there are bots constantly active on basically any cryptocurrency and there are sharks in the pool. I'm not saying the dev is a saint or whatever, but all of these things happen with every project.
DogTheHunter

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:25:28 AM

we are still not at the deadline.

Whose fucking deadline? Yours?

Well who the fuck are you telling me or anyone else how to invest their time and money?

You lost all credibility when you didn't respond to my question about selling up.

It's easy to sit in an Ivory tower when you've just used a pump to exit and then hand down judgements on those who believe in the project long-term. For all we know, you're the one who pumped the fuck out of the project.

Dox yourself and you might regain some credibility. I give you a deadline of Monday to dox yourself, or get the fuck out of here.
badinvesterguy

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:37:39 AM

Well who the fuck are you telling me or anyone else how to invest their time and money?

You lost all credibility when you didn't respond to my question about selling up.

It's easy to sit in an Ivory tower when you've just used a pump to exit and then hand down judgements on those who believe in the project long-term. For all we know, you're the one who pumped the fuck out of the project.

Dox yourself and you might regain some credibility. I give you a deadline of Monday to dox yourself, or get the fuck out of here.
Lol
Go ahead and do what tf you want, no once gives a shit about where you invest in, whats your problem
ik_do

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:31:15 PM

Invest your time and money how you choose.

I'll invest it how I choose.
kattokassinen

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:21:48 AM

What is more worrisome is that the dev is pouring fuel on fire by remaining quiet.
cinogrin

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:45:14 AM

I'm just mystified why he thinks the dev is going to adhere to some random dude's timeline. Yes, you're a random dude. I don't care what you've spent supporting the project - to the dev, you're a nobody, just like all of us. How is that not 100% clear by now?

Nothing about this project's prospects has changed in months. It's a huge risk and is dirt cheap. Same it's been for months. Your little tantrum isn't going to change anything lol. Just sell and be done with it, you obviously invested more than you could've afforded to lose, like our boy Doggie did. Learn your lesson, move on if you feel that's what you need to do. The tantrum is ridiculous and you 100% know the dev wasn't going to respond to it, you're just being a drama queen.
kattokassinen

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:11:48 AM

I'm just mystified why he thinks the dev is going to adhere to some random dude's timeline. Yes, you're a random dude. I don't care what you've spent supporting the project - to the dev, you're a nobody, just like all of us. How is that not 100% clear by now?

Nothing about this project's prospects has changed in months. It's a huge risk and is dirt cheap. Same it's been for months. Your little tantrum isn't going to change anything lol. Just sell and be done with it, you obviously invested more than you could've afforded to lose, like our boy Doggie did. Learn your lesson, move on if you feel that's what you need to do. The tantrum is ridiculous and you 100% know the dev wasn't going to respond to it, you're just being a drama queen.
You're right, but I think there still should be some level of communication.
cinogrin

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:45:05 AM

The dev views this forum pretty much every day. If he wasn't convinced to communicate more with the first 680 complaints about it, what is the point of continually repeating the same request? I agree with the guy who said wtf have you people been doing there have been waves to play on this coin, but you sit and hold those bags and hope and pray and rant and rave, maybe something will change, eh? Just one more pleading request and I'm sure the dev will finally come around and help you out. Lol...

This is a coin you put 1% or less of your bankroll in if you don't have any insider advantage - hell it has never had the volume to even tempt me into doing more than that. If you freeze like a deer in headlights trying to manage losing positions instead of cutting them and changing strategies, just save yourself the heartache and put your money into index funds so you can sleep at night.
kattokassinen

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:59:55 AM

I think it's reasonable to ask if the development is still on-going or not. It's not much to ask for.

Could be though that the dev wants to keep the communication level at minimum, since this project is about torrent ecosystem, and torrents alone are quite controversial subject to authorities. This way he/they can preserve some amount of their anonymity,
badinvesterguy

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:24:50 AM

The dev views this forum pretty much every day. If he wasn't convinced to communicate more with the first 680 complaints about it, what is the point of continually repeating the same request? I agree with the guy who said wtf have you people been doing there have been waves to play on this coin, but you sit and hold those bags and hope and pray and rant and rave, maybe something will change, eh? Just one more pleading request and I'm sure the dev will finally come around and help you out. Lol...

This is a coin you put 1% or less of your bankroll in if you don't have any insider advantage - hell it has never had the volume to even tempt me into doing more than that. If you freeze like a deer in headlights trying to manage losing positions instead of cutting them and changing strategies, just save yourself the heartache and put your money into index funds so you can sleep at night.
All hes doing is making your point clearer for inexperienced people? If you only check forum you might see the project is likely to be abondened, but in a lot of cases the dev is active on slack or something, this is just a statement from the guy who started(?) the slack, dev is afk.
sarakeyyy

Activity: 99

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:26:53 AM

Good coins, before buying some with spare cash, and now a lot of income it
ik_do

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:18:56 AM

"you obviously invested more than you could've afforded to lose"

This is something that people have said to me like 20 times so far.

You do realize some of the people in this thread have been following the project since when it launched yeah?
The price of bitcoin in that time has risen by about 1000% and the price of the project's currency has risen by about 400-800% or some figure like that.

Do the math.
And no, I didn't keep all my eggs in one basket. I've been following several other projects (including some which are starting to deliver on the same space as VTR)

The biggest investment besides money is time though, and some of us here were (and still are) genuinely interested in a torrent on blockchain concept. Someone on slack described it as "the holy grail" and it pretty much is. It's the most obvious idea since sliced bread which multiple teams and developers have tried to do. There have been scam coins, there have been ICOs, there have been numerous other projects come and gone in the same time this project has been around.

It takes serious time to follow a project properly, and its impossible to follow several dozen projects properly while doing all the proper due diligence.  I spend what people would consider an inordinate amount of time following projects to find out as much information as possible. It's not possible to do this for 6000 projects at once.

The biggest turning point for this point has been the discontinuation of ShadowCoin which this coin used for some core features. Without any clear plan from the dev going forward (this is why zCash was mentioned at some point) then it's very difficult to tell what is going on without any messages.

Some of us invested in cryptocurrency projects because we read about projects and were intrigued by the possibilities of the software. Not just from a money perspective, but from a "future of the internet" perspective. Just keep that in mind.
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: