Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436011 times)
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:44:45 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2017, 11:03:54 PM by leigh2k14

So the general consensus among those on this forum at least is a wait and see approach.  I get that, our Dev is pretty lackluster in the info department, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing as long as there is progress being made.

I'm more than willing to just sit back and 'see what happens', but first, just a thing to consider.  Most successful projects at some point get some holders together to try and spread the word about the project, what's happening with DASH right now is the perfect case in point.  They have been hitting marketing real hard for a real long time.  So, if someone in the future wants to try and organize some kind of communal fund in VTR to fund the different things we all know this project needs, I'll be there to pitch in my staking reward at minimum to help out.

Good idea, can you imagine if we used to the staking reward to buy targeted ads on the major torrent sites. BOOM! Potentially, we could get millions checking VTR out very quickly.

I'd be willing to put forth my staking reward... though i doubt they'll amount to what others are staking.

I'll put forward mine too.

It should be done within the next 10 days in order to provide liquidity on the run up to the fork.

Suggestion - create a decent sized banner and advertise on a talk show like The Crypto Show; Mad Bitcoins; or sponsor an episode of letstalkbitcoin; or something around torrentfreak.

Interested to hear any other ideas.
I think the majority of the target market should be torrent based sites, crypto sites too, but after all VTR will be a torrent network.

Obviously Torrent freak would be our main target Smiley

I'm up for spit balling some ideas, anyone else have some suggestions?

Edit: i'm thinking when/if we go live, to market this.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 11:38:27 PM

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/325699/court-allows-extradition-of-torrenting-site-owner-to-us
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:26:34 AM

Shits getting real.

Looks like kim.dom might be getting extradited: http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/324933/court-rules-dotcom-eligible-for-extradition

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ALCTEC

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:47:47 AM

Yep my country sold out to hollywood, shame on us
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:21:54 AM

I think the majority of the target market should be torrent based sites, crypto sites too, but after all VTR will be a torrent network.

Obviously Torrent freak would be our main target Smiley

I'm up for spit balling some ideas, anyone else have some suggestions?

Edit: i'm thinking when/if we go live, to market this.

I think the marketing awareness process should not start with typical torrent sites. Here is my view on that.

If you pay to advertise or sponsor a torrent news site of some sorts, you will get the attention of those users. Their first reaction will be, great another BitTorrent client. Then they'll try to download the client and then you've lost them. You don't usually get a second chance at making a first impression.

If you target crypto users, quite a fair number of them are BitTorrent users. They'll get it straightaway. Oh, it's not ready yet? No problem, looks like the coins are still cheap too: FOMO.

Spending the marketing money on crypto sites should mean that the number of people interested in vTorrent goes up and so will the price. You can then use the increased value of the stake rewards to build up a war chest and when the time is right, you'll have the financial ammunition to go and sponsor torrent news sites.

That's when the project starts cooking on gas. You'll find it will be much easier to convert BitTorrent users to being crypto users once they see something they are familiar with and can use to do what they already do from the minute they download the vTorrent client.

Just my view.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:31:15 AM

For those who may have noticed I've taken out my vTorrent sig.

That's not to suggest in any way I've lost interest in vTorrent. I think this project has got the potential to be one of the best top 10 coins in crypto and the vTorrent devs are pretty epic for taking on this challenge, they are just not very communicative.

As I proposed with forking vTorrent if necessary, I'm forking another project that was not looking like it was heading in the direction I thought it should go. I'm taking stewardship of the fork and pushing it forward along with many others in the direction we think it should go.

So my offer to fork vTorrent as a plan B if it looked like the end of the world was upon us - that was not a hollow promise.
ALCTEC

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:23:29 AM

That's not to suggest in any way I've lost interest in vTorrent. I think this project has got the potential to be one of the best top 10 coins in crypto and the vTorrent devs are pretty epic for taking on this challenge, they are just not very communicative.

As I proposed with forking vTorrent if necessary, I'm forking another project that was not looking like it was heading in the direction I thought it should go. I'm taking stewardship of the fork and pushing it forward along with many others in the direction we think it should go.

So my offer to fork vTorrent as a plan B if it looked like the end of the world was upon us - that was not a hollow promise.

Fair enough, but still you didn't really explain why you took it off your sig - will you be putting one up for the other forked project?

**Urging shilling and shameless promotion up to hard fork date**
Testudoguy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:55:27 AM

So u want to fork vtorrent? What the point? Are u saying
that u can finish torrent implementation on blockchain?
that missing link we are waiting from current
Dev? Or did i get this wrong? Or will u have
Another solution? What good will fork do for
Current vtorrent holder? Coins will
Be distributed as per current holdings or?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:50:25 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 01:29:05 PM by coins101

Look. I've been following this project for years now. I'm not going to do anything to disrupt it. Not one single thing.

What I hear all the time is people saying they are not investing in vTorrent because it doesn't have BitTorrent yet, as promised. And they also say, what if it never gets delivered?

This really pisses me off. I wouldn't be here nearly every day for years now if I didn't think the vTorrent devs could deliver.

I have bought all my coins. I was soaking up a lot of the dumps people were making when they called vTorrent a scam. Some still do. Why would I risk my Bitcoins when people were dumping and calling it a scam if I didn't believe in this project?

Look at all the extra features added during the last fork....we now have more and much better features than projects valued at $10m or more. We have better features than Litecoin and Dash, combined.

The reason we have such a low market value despite being better than coins in the top 10, is because of one single issue.

WHERE IS BITTORRENT FEATURE? I'M NOT INVESTING UNLESS I SEE BITTORRENT.

That's it. Despite being the only coin with 2FA protection which alone should give us $2m marketcap - WHERE IS THIS F****** BITTORRENT.

I'm pissed of with it.

So I made a promise to those who say, it's never going to happen; or it's a scam project.

My promise is to fork vTorrent if BitTorrent doesn't happen or it's a very long con scam.  That is your insurance policy to everyone.

JoyStream has no option but to go open source. If it doesn't, people won't use it.

When it goes open source and IF vTorrent doesn't deliver or is a scam, I will fork JoyStream and merge it into vTorrent.

But, I don't want to do this.

IT'S AN INSURANCE POLICY.

You only claim on an insurance policy if bad things happen.

Pickleninja

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:47:49 PM

Look. I've been following this project for years now. I'm not going to do anything to disrupt it. Not one single thing.

What I hear all the time is people saying they are not investing in vTorrent because it doesn't have BitTorrent yet, as promised. And they also say, what if it never gets delivered?

This really pisses me off. I wouldn't be here nearly every day for years now if I didn't think the vTorrent devs could deliver.

I have bought all my coins. I was soaking up a lot of the dumps people were making when they called vTorrent a scam. Some still do. Why would I risk my Bitcoins when people were dumping and calling it a scam if I didn't believe in this project?

Look at all the extra features added during the last fork....we now have more and much better features than projects valued at $10m or more. We have better features than Litecoin and Dash, combined.

The reason we have such a low market value despite being better than coins in the top 10, is because of one single issue.

That's it. Despite being the only coin with 2FA protection which alone should give us $2m marketcap - WHERE IS THIS F****** BITTORRENT.

I'm pissed of with it.

So I made a promise to those who say, it's never going to happen; or it's a scam project.

My promise is to fork vTorrent if BitTorrent doesn't happen or it's a very long con scam.  That is your insurance policy to everyone.

JoyStream has no option but to go open source. If it doesn't, people won't use it.

When it goes open source and IF vTorrent doesn't deliver or is a scam, I will fork JoyStream and merge it into vTorrent.

You're a good hodler coins... i'mma buy you a drink when we reach moon.

-pickle
Testudoguy

Activity: 86

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:14:28 PM

I'm pissed of with it.

Frankly i support yout idea. I am following vtr project also
For 2 years now and more and more it look that will
Delay for another long time. Dev has a serious
Social problems. When u planning a fork. I am supportive
Of you.
digitalgrow

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:58:01 PM

Day 2 miner here so been holding over 3 years now

Dev you have very little good vibes around this project right now which is a shame as alt coins have a feel good factor right now and you are not capitalising on the this by providing any updates on the torrent feature, most ppl will just abandon your project and all your hard work will be for nothing
ALCTEC

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:56:07 PM

A big thanks to all weak hands for the cheap VTR
Pickleninja

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:04:36 PM

I want you all to know that: 

1. I'm drunk.
2. I didn't base 100% of my savings on vtr.
3. I've developed software before.

Satoshi didn't have any expectations when developing bitcoin. He was free to develop what he wanted to, when he wanted to.

We all know this tech is coming. Theres no immediate competition. And every fork has brought something new. 

Back off vtorrent. He'll deliver when its ready!

And unless you want to roll up your sleeves and jump into c++, sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy the ride!

-pickle
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:43:00 AM

Dev you have very little good vibes around this project right now which is a shame as alt coins have a feel good factor right now and you are not capitalising on the this by providing any updates on the torrent feature, most ppl will just abandon your project and all your harrd work will be for nothing

With no ICO the vtr dev must be planning to make a return on his time from buying a stash on the open market, that's probably why he doesn't communicate news that might raise the price before he's done buying. This is a fair and honorable course to take, dev has not dribbled out 'news' to profit from temporary trading volatility,  he's consistently said nothing. All things considered the dev will only profit from the post torrent release price correction.
ALCTEC

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:57:29 AM

Dev you have very little good vibes around this project right now which is a shame as alt coins have a feel good factor right now and you are not capitalising on the this by providing any updates on the torrent feature, most ppl will just abandon your project and all your harrd work will be for nothing

With no ICO the vtr dev must be planning to make a return on his time from buying a stash on the open market, that's probably why he doesn't communicate news that might raise the price before he's done buying. This is a fair and honorable course to take, dev has not dribbled out 'news' to profit from temporary trading volatility,  he's consistently said nothing. All things considered the dev will only profit from the post torrent release price correction.

Dev has a small premine, incentive enough to make this big
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:13:20 PM

I want you all to know that:  

1. I'm drunk.
2. I didn't base 100% of my savings on vtr.
3. I've developed software before.

Satoshi didn't have any expectations when developing bitcoin. He was free to develop what he wanted to, when he wanted to.

We all know this tech is coming. Theres no immediate competition. And every fork has brought something new.  

Back off vtorrent. He'll deliver when its ready!

And unless you want to roll up your sleeves and jump into c++, sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy the ride!

-pickle

Deserves a bump  Grin I like this sentence the most, its so real: "...We all know this tech is coming."                
AnotherNode

Activity: 178

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:20:32 AM

Not sure who ^^he  is, but what ^^ he said.

In other news, is there a prize for guessing the next hard fork date?

3-18-17 1:59 PM
Pumpkinetic

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:21:43 AM

Are people still investing here, vtr is dead, vidz proved that and now novus will hammer the final nail in the coffin. Sell all your vtr before its too late!  Wink
ALCTEC

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:11:39 AM

Are people still investing here, vtr is dead, vidz proved that and now novus will hammer the final nail in the coffin. Sell all your vtr before its too late!  Wink

err Vidz was a PND scam and now the same guy is going to rinse and repeat under his alter ego. In saying that there are plenty of lemmings, so guess you can make a quick buck or two.
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: