Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:03:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436013 times)
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:13:51 AM

Apple screwed me over and I lost my 2fa codes... almost 500 vtr. Lucky I made this video, right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvosnjGxnNM heh.

Your first mistake was trusting apple

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:44:50 AM

So vtorrent has kindly let me try out the new wallet (minus torrent features); I've been asked to keep the file private but can share screenshots here.

So yes, it does exist. It is functional, it is pretty slick and barring the blockchain completely syncing (it is taking some time) it looks quite nice. There is a BitTorrent section, but it has been deactivated on this particular copy of the program (vtorrent stated that it would be without torrent functionality as this is still in private testing)

New features:
-multiple windows for trading on bittrex
-2FA via Google Authenticator
-Key management
-HD addresses
-Block explorer

Regarding the lack of any update on torrent functionality this is what vtorrent said on December 31st, 2014:
Since Magnetz scam, I prefer to keep all the details about torrent implement from public until we release our first beta client with torrent implemented.

As to when to expect torrent release, I have no information.

hmmm...    ?!

That's because its still syncing. The progress bar is on the bottom left.

I did say in my post that it wasn't fully sync'd yet.

In any case that page annoyingly only shows the blockchain 5 parts at a time. Hope it shows the full blockchain on final release.

Fixed, it is now showing 10 at the time, please keep in mind that block data is a direct feed from client's blockchain, so the client needs to be synced up in order to show current block data.

Regards,

vTorrent

@vTorrent

This image clearly shows you are building torrent functionality around Transmission, which is a great option. It also shows your client is fully syncd, that you have a fully working torrent implementation because your seed ratio clock is completely in sync with the public blockchain.

There looks like a stable release candidate on the network.

Why won't you show a small video to keep every engaged?
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:36:01 AM

Fixed, it is now showing 10 at the time, please keep in mind that block data is a direct feed from client's blockchain, so the client needs to be synced up in order to show current block data.

Regards,

vTorrent

@vTorrent

This image clearly shows you are building torrent functionality around Transmission, which is a great option. It also shows your client is fully syncd, that you have a fully working torrent implementation because your seed ratio clock is completely in sync with the public blockchain.

If you don't have a plan around open sourcing everything, a video is a very good idea to help with the price as well. Otherwise what will happen is that you'll release stuff and others will copy it and vTorrent will get left behind, despite being the creator.

If you want to start closed source, that's fine too.

But, imo, a video will clearly show everyone this project is worth backing and so it will get established. Everyone else who then tries to copy will be ignored.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:11:46 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 03:40:07 PM by leigh2k14

So vtorrent has kindly let me try out the new wallet (minus torrent features); I've been asked to keep the file private but can share screenshots here.

So yes, it does exist. It is functional, it is pretty slick and barring the blockchain completely syncing (it is taking some time) it looks quite nice. There is a BitTorrent section, but it has been deactivated on this particular copy of the program (vtorrent stated that it would be without torrent functionality as this is still in private testing)

New features:
-multiple windows for trading on bittrex
-2FA via Google Authenticator
-Key management
-HD addresses
-Block explorer

Regarding the lack of any update on torrent functionality this is what vtorrent said on December 31st, 2014:
Since Magnetz scam, I prefer to keep all the details about torrent implement from public until we release our first beta client with torrent implemented.

As to when to expect torrent release, I have no information.

hmmm...    ?!

That's because its still syncing. The progress bar is on the bottom left.

I did say in my post that it wasn't fully sync'd yet.

In any case that page annoyingly only shows the blockchain 5 parts at a time. Hope it shows the full blockchain on final release.

Regards,

vTorrent

@vTorrent

Coins my friend you should know better that to ask for anything from this dev, he doesn't give a fuck about the investors or supporters of this project, sad but true, he comes across as a bit odd to me, I can't work him out, very frustrating. Like I said previously, worst dev in crypto.

Even if the torrents went live tomorrow, it still wouldn't change the fact that we have the worst developer in crypto history.

How many times has he left everyone down? I've lost count.

Personally I hope all his children turn out to be gingers·

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

LocoMB

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:34:31 PM

Coins my friend you should know better that to ask for anything from this dev, he doesn't give a fuck about the investors or supporters of this project, sad but true, he comes across as a bit odd to me, I can't work him out, very frustrating. Like I said previously, worst dev in crypto.

Even if the torrents went live tomorrow, it still wouldn't change the fact that we have the worst developer in crypto history.

How many times has he left everyone down? I've lost count.

Personally I hope all his children turn out to be gingers·

This is crypto after all- and all those shades of unicorns and unicorn farts never cease to amaze me  Grin
No matter how hard I try, I fail to associate the devs non-communication to some kind of a con game- or... is it a double-double bluff with triple pivot we are all falling for here ?!?!?!  Huh Huh Shocked Shocked  Grin  ... yeyeyeyyyeeeahhahahahaha ... goes to welcome those friendly chaps in white that always appear after a while of this reasoning Grin Grin

But leaving this aside, I wonder if the dev is planning on a different communication strategy if the product is ever delivered- because the graveyard of software projects is littered with groundbreaking tech that broke on inadequate marketing/community/mass adoption strategies.

And I also wonder if this will grow wings and fly just by itself without any guidance by the core dev(s) at all.
ElitistCA

Activity: 477

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:45:56 PM

When can I use torrenting with this crypto? Is there any timeline for real world implementation?

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
DogTheHunter

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:52:20 PM

When can I use torrenting with this crypto? Is there any timeline for real world implementation?

Looks like the dev has a working implementation but he is not releasing it just yet. He is making us all sweat a bit while he picks up some cheap coins.
slugmandrew

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Everything's a bubble, idiot

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:01:35 PM

Looks like the dev has a working implementation but he is not releasing it just yet. He is making us all sweat a bit while he picks up some cheap coins.

Everything pumping but vtorrent is the sleeping giant of crypto

ALCTEC

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:39:49 AM

Everything pumping but vtorrent is the sleeping giant of crypto

Seems to be in a coma at the mo. @Dev!!! Please give your loyal investors an update.. what is the hold up with new client?
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:58:19 AM

My nipples get hard just thinking about the next dev update!
ALCTEC

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:18:09 AM

Lol im getting ltcgear flashbacks
slugmandrew

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:57:21 PM

Lol im getting ltcgear flashbacks

This is no scam. If it is, it's a pretty odd one.

I have faith the devs are just working hard on ironing out some issues in the new wallet. They don't like pumping the price for no reason. We HAVE had comms from the dev... small messages but messages nonetheless, usually every couple of weeks.

Great price atm for anyone wanting to get in to a project with one of the highest potential payoffs in crypto.

DogTheHunter

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:29:02 PM

Quote from: dev and Coins

@vTorrent

If you look at the bottom of the image it clearly shows torrent functionality is working on the devs client. The text in red looks like something cooking on the payment for torrents front  Cool

I also just noticed that torrents are working on the current version of the client, so we probably don't have to do a hard fork to see it working (or do we?)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:15:33 PM

Quote from: dev and Coins

@vTorrent

If you look at the bottom of the image it clearly shows torrent functionality is working on the devs client. The text in red looks like something cooking on the payment for torrents front  Cool

I also just noticed that torrents are working on the current version of the client, so we probably don't have to do a hard fork to see it working (or do we?)

He is running this:
Code:
QString
132 TorrentDelegate :: shortTransferString( const Torrent& tor ) const
133 {
134    const bool haveDown( tor.peersWeAreDownloadingFrom( ) > 0 );
135    const bool haveUp( tor.peersWeAreUploadingTo( ) > 0 );
136    QString downStr, upStr, str;
138    if( haveDown )
139        downStr = Utils :: speedToString( tor.downloadSpeed( ) );
140    if( haveUp )
141        upStr = Utils :: speedToString( tor.uploadSpeed( ) );
143    if( haveDown && haveUp )
144        str = tr( "Down: %1, Up: %2" ).arg(downStr).arg(upStr);
145    else if( haveDown )
146        str = tr( "Down: %1" ).arg( downStr );
147    else if( haveUp )
148        str = tr( "Up: %1" ).arg( upStr );
149    else
150        str = tr( "Idle" );
152    return str;
153 }

Unless they have made some big changes, it's 100% Transmission
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:12:46 PM

Dev, does the testnet currently run?
jw_industry

Activity: 327

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:59:03 AM

Any updates on wallet?
slugmandrew

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:38:45 AM

Very friendly community here but most action happens on slack now.

Come join us if you haven't already Smiley

https://vtr11.herokuapp.com/

Roll Eyes

Just bumping the slack invite for anyone who wants to come down and chat Smiley

DogTheHunter

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:02:25 PM

You have to admit dev, this is tough to see, especially for the growing number of people that want this project to do well.

Some info would really help with morale.

This project has so much potential, please support your supporters a little more.
Armchair Miner

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 06:41:19 AM

Mr Kim getting similar secure chat/riot ideas. Competition's heating up!

@KimDotcom 29m29 minutes ago

On top of MU2 and Bitcache I'm building a secure >AI< email / messenger / video call app. Secure comms >even if ur device is compromised<!

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:49:23 AM

You have to admit dev, this is tough to see, especially for the growing number of people that want this project to do well.

Some info would really help with morale.

This project has so much potential, please support your supporters a little more.

After over 2.5 years invested in this project, it's starting to give the whiff of vapourware.

Prove me wrong dev!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: