Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Criptoe.Com Physical Coin thread  (Read 6344 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 11:19:25 AM

Fuse and I have been in constant contact about this and other things. I have no worries about the shipment as I receive USPS parcels regularly. I have tried to contact them, but they, logically, could not provide me with any information based upon receiving address alone.

All problems with LitePaid that you might have had are also things I have had with my WooCommerce shop. It took Kenny personally to alter the code of my shop to resolve, so there also lies no blame on Fuse for that matter.

I will distribute all sendings the minute I receive Fuses package, lets hope we make it before Christmas.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:22:14 AM

Any news about the shipping?

Sorry, Frais, I should have updated the thread.  I shipped two packages via USPS.  One to a user outside of Europe and the US, and one to LTEX.  However, USPS would not provide tracking numbers for the international packages.  I have notified both LTEX and the other receiver, and they have both responded.  I offered to provide confirmation of shipment to them to confirm the package left my local post office.

Had I known that they would not provide tracking info, I would have used a different shipping service.  I will be using Fedex or similar for future shipments.  I will ask LTEX and the other user to confirm they have gotten this info as well.

I'm sorry for the confusion and delay in notification.

-Fuse

Hope all goes well, no tracing is allways a bad thing Smiley, let's hope the packages get to their destination Grin

Frais

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:56:39 PM

I am looking in to a referral program as well.  I will release additional info when I get it all sorted out.

I know this is a common way to attract more buyers.. if you sell diet ebooks or some other commercial product. This is a collectors item, I don't think you'll get way more promotion than you have now. Besides, you take the risk that your shop url will appear on obscure spam sites. All for the clicks and sales.

Maybe instead of a referral system you can create a discount for your existing customers. For example a discount on their second order/coin, and a bigger discount on their third order/coin. A lifetime discount. In this way you can activate the real Guldencoin fans to buy more coins at once or placing a second or third order in the near future.

Let the word of mouth do its job..
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:28:24 PM

I am looking in to a referral program as well.  I will release additional info when I get it all sorted out.

I know this is a common way to attract more buyers.. if you sell diet ebooks or some other commercial product. This is a collectors item, I don't think you'll get way more promotion than you have now. Besides, you take the risk that your shop url will appear on obscure spam sites. All for the clicks and sales.

Maybe instead of a referral system you can create a discount for your existing customers. For example a discount on their second order/coin, and a bigger discount on their third order/coin. A lifetime discount. In this way you can activate the real Guldencoin fans to buy more coins at once or placing a second or third order in the near future.

Let the word of mouth do its job..

Word of mouth was my original intention with the referral program.  I was just thinking it might help spread the word if I offered a discount/free coin to people who helped get the word out.  It's not a necessity at this point though.

I don't mind the pace of the sales, but I want to make sure I reach a wider audience so the coins aren't all held by a handful of people.  I was thinking that I need to get the site translated to Dutch as well.  The store system has an easy translation, but I need to get the product description translated as well.  And better pictures lol.

I agree though that this is a collectors item.  It's not like the original casacious coins that were traded.  I see these as being something you stick on your desk in a display stand, and in 3-4 years they're worth a considerable amount of money, in both NLG and in terms of collectibility.  I just hope the community sees them the same way.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Frais

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:45:43 AM

Once I've received my coins I'll try to take some pictures with my SLR camera, maybe there're good enough to use in your shop. And a translation:

Vol trots presenteert het Criptoe Team de eerste fysieke Guldencoin. Deze unieke munt is beschikbaar in een beperkte oplage van 250 stuks. Een zeldzame mogelijkheid om een stukje Guldencoin geschiedenis in huis te halen. Dit is tevens de allereerste fysieke munt die Criptoe uitbrengt.

Deze fysieke Guldencoin heeft een diameter van 44,45 milimeter en is 3 milimeter dik en is qua design gebaseerd op het Guldencoin logo. Op de voorkant van de munt is een uniek nummer gegraveerd, staat de waarde van de munt en de datum 4 april 2014, de dag dat het eerste Guldencoin block is gevonden.
Op de achterkant van de munt zit een uitsparing voor wallet informatie, staat Criptoe plus het serienummer. Aangezien het hier om de allereerste (Guldencoin) munt gaat die Criptoe uitgeeft is het serienummer 1. De Guldencoin is in zijn totaliteit afwerkt in de het officiële Guldencoin blauw, dit geeft de munt een speciale uitstraling die je niet terug zal vinden bij andere collectible munten. Op de zijkant van deze Guldencoin munt staat de tekst "BETALEN MET GULDENCOIN".

Elke munt wordt geleverd inclusief 2 hologram stickers en een speciale munt enveloppe. (I ignored "Shipping packaging will vary depending on country.", since this text is only for the Dutch)

*Bestellingen bestemd voor Europese landen worden naar het Nederlandse Guldencoin community lid LTEX gestuurd, hij verzorgt de verder distributie. Om de verzendkosten voor de kopers te drukken worden de bestellingen gebundeld en dan pas naar LTEX verzonden.

**De vervaardiging van deze Guldencoin munten is voornamelijk handmatig gedaan, het is daarom mogelijk dat een munt minieme oneffenheden bevat, dit is echter extreem uitzonderlijk. Als je niet voor de volle 100% tevreden bent over je Guldencoin munt, neem dan contact op met ny2cafuse op bitcointalk.org. Het is niet mogelijk om je bestelling te retourneren of om te ruilen.

Original text:
The Criptoe Team is proud to present the first physical Guldencoin collectible coin. Only 250 were made, and they are now available for you to purchase. Get your piece of Guldencoin history.  These are also the first physical coin that the Criptoe team has ever released.
The 44.45mm round & 3mm thick coin takes it’s design from the Guldencoin logo. The front face of the coin features and individual engraved number, the coin value and the birthday of the genesis block. The back face of the coin features a recessed groove for wallet info, and the Criptoe name and series number. This is a first for the Criptoe team, so this is Criptoe Series 1. Recessed features of the coin are done in Guldencoin blue colorfill, and it adds a special look to the coin not found in other collectible coins. The edge face of the coin is stamped with the phrase “BETALEN MET GULDENCOIN”, which translates to “pay with Guldencoin”.
Each coin ships with 2 hologram stickers and a paper coin envelope. Shipping packaging will vary depending on country.
*European orders will be shipped to Guldencoin community member LTEX, who will handle European distribution.  Orders will be bundled together and shipped to LTEX first, saving buyers in additional shipping costs and customs fees.

**Because the manufacturing process includes a lot of work done by hand, some coins might contain extremely small blemishes, although it is extremely rare.  If you are not 100% satisfied with your coin, please contact ny2cafuse in the bitcointalk forums. No refunds or exchanges.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:20:00 PM

Once I've received my coins I'll try to take some pictures with my SLR camera, maybe there're good enough to use in your shop. And a translation:

Vol trots presenteert het Criptoe Team de eerste fysieke Guldencoin. Deze unieke munt is beschikbaar in een beperkte oplage van 250 stuks. Een zeldzame mogelijkheid om een stukje Guldencoin geschiedenis in huis te halen. Dit is tevens de allereerste fysieke munt die Criptoe uitbrengt.

Deze fysieke Guldencoin heeft een diameter van 44,45 milimeter en is 3 milimeter dik en is qua design gebaseerd op het Guldencoin logo. Op de voorkant van de munt is een uniek nummer gegraveerd, staat de waarde van de munt en de datum 4 april 2014, de dag dat het eerste Guldencoin block is gevonden.
Op de achterkant van de munt zit een uitsparing voor wallet informatie, staat Criptoe plus het serienummer. Aangezien het hier om de allereerste (Guldencoin) munt gaat die Criptoe uitgeeft is het serienummer 1. De Guldencoin is in zijn totaliteit afwerkt in de het officiële Guldencoin blauw, dit geeft de munt een speciale uitstraling die je niet terug zal vinden bij andere collectible munten. Op de zijkant van deze Guldencoin munt staat de tekst "BETALEN MET GULDENCOIN".

Elke munt wordt geleverd inclusief 2 hologram stickers en een speciale munt enveloppe. (I ignored "Shipping packaging will vary depending on country.", since this text is only for the Dutch)

*Bestellingen bestemd voor Europese landen worden naar het Nederlandse Guldencoin community lid LTEX gestuurd, hij verzorgt de verder distributie. Om de verzendkosten voor de kopers te drukken worden de bestellingen gebundeld en dan pas naar LTEX verzonden.

**De vervaardiging van deze Guldencoin munten is voornamelijk handmatig gedaan, het is daarom mogelijk dat een munt minieme oneffenheden bevat, dit is echter extreem uitzonderlijk. Als je niet voor de volle 100% tevreden bent over je Guldencoin munt, neem dan contact op met ny2cafuse op bitcointalk.org. Het is niet mogelijk om je bestelling te retourneren of om te ruilen.

Original text:
The Criptoe Team is proud to present the first physical Guldencoin collectible coin. Only 250 were made, and they are now available for you to purchase. Get your piece of Guldencoin history.  These are also the first physical coin that the Criptoe team has ever released.
The 44.45mm round & 3mm thick coin takes it’s design from the Guldencoin logo. The front face of the coin features and individual engraved number, the coin value and the birthday of the genesis block. The back face of the coin features a recessed groove for wallet info, and the Criptoe name and series number. This is a first for the Criptoe team, so this is Criptoe Series 1. Recessed features of the coin are done in Guldencoin blue colorfill, and it adds a special look to the coin not found in other collectible coins. The edge face of the coin is stamped with the phrase “BETALEN MET GULDENCOIN”, which translates to “pay with Guldencoin”.
Each coin ships with 2 hologram stickers and a paper coin envelope. Shipping packaging will vary depending on country.
*European orders will be shipped to Guldencoin community member LTEX, who will handle European distribution.  Orders will be bundled together and shipped to LTEX first, saving buyers in additional shipping costs and customs fees.

**Because the manufacturing process includes a lot of work done by hand, some coins might contain extremely small blemishes, although it is extremely rare.  If you are not 100% satisfied with your coin, please contact ny2cafuse in the bitcointalk forums. No refunds or exchanges.

My man!

PM incoming.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Frais

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:47:49 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 02:58:07 PM by Frais

I've sent you some corrections.
syncsam

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:11:46 AM

Just received my coin, cheers Fuse, looks even better in person  Grin
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:31:43 AM

An ETA on delivery in Holland?

LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 01:08:06 PM

Package just arrived! Once I have the list of adreses I wil sent them off...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:22:27 PM

I'm glad to see they made it in a timely manner.  With the exception of no tracking, the fact that they made it to two separate countries very far apart at the same time is pretty awesome.

I'll be sending the shipping invoices within the hour.

Cheers, all!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:18:17 PM

Update:

Invoices have been sent to LTEX for shipping.  Grin

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:28:04 PM

Merry Christmas, everyone!

In celebration of the season, I have created a coupon for today only that will give a 20% discount on all orders.  At checkout, you can enter the code "xmas" for the 20% discount.

All orders made before the weekend ends will ship Monday/Tuesday of next week.

Cheers!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:27:20 AM

In celebration of the season, I have created a coupon for today only that will give a 20% discount on all orders.  At checkout, you can enter the code "xmas" for the 20% discount.

Cheers!

-Fuse

Xmas isn't valid anymore, bug or meant to?

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:01:13 PM

Cheers!

-Fuse

Xmas isn't valid anymore, bug or meant to?

It was just Xmas day, PST.  Sorry, mate.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:24:47 PM

pm sent

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:05:25 AM

pm sent

-Fuse

Great customer service!

Furio
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:34:16 PM

Got the coin, very cool, big and heavy, just need some help with putting in the hologrom and qr code Smiley

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:40:52 PM

Got the coin, very cool, big and heavy, just need some help with putting in the hologrom and qr code Smiley

Sorry for the delay in that post... got wrapped up with my buddy digithusiast in the main thread.  Oh, the joys of being hated for no legitimate reason lol.

I will double post to keep the info clean.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:56:27 PM

Use of the hologram stickers:

I have included 2 stickers in with each coin.  This is in case you totally mess up putting it on or the first sticker gets tweaked somehow.  Either way, it's pretty straightforward.  There is a clear square in the middle of the hologram that will line up with the indent on the back of the coin.  You need to create a paper wallet key pair, and print it out on a paper no wider than 0.5" in one dimension.  It can be longer in the other dimension because it can be folded over.  See this post for more info on the wallet:

If anyone is wondering about loading these, I would like to note that I will not personally load them.  I want the end user to load it themselves.  This is more secure, and it takes a key issue out of the equation - losing digital coins if the physical coin gets lost/stolen in shipping.  Additionally, I don't want to be responsible for making 250 wallet/pairs that could be claimed I still have access to.  More secure IMO.

For those of you that want to know how the key pair could possibly look, I made one in Illustrator with a wallet generated from Cryptolife.net.  It's 0.5" x 1.5", and would be folded accordion style into thirds.  The space on the coin for the pair info is 0.5" x 0.5".  The font used for this pair was 7pt, and it is perfectly legible when printed on a laserjet printer.  I don't have an inkjet to test with, but I'm sure you could get similar results.  Here it is:

FYI... thats a throw-away address, and no one should use it as it's now public.

-Fuse

Additionally, you could use a qrcode, as long as you have a printer capable of high resolution at smaller sizes.  I was able to scan a wallet address as a QR code at a 0.5" x 0.5" size.  I haven't tested Bram's QR code generator with the added NLG image, but I think that would be even cooler.  You can find it here: http://guldencoinqrcode.nl/.

You could also just print the wallet address, and then keep the private key separate.  That way if you lose the coin, you never lose the digital coins loaded on it.  You could also do a two-factor key pair... it's really all up to you how you want to "load" the coin.

Once you have the paper wallet, I found it was easier to attach the paper to the hologram first and then attach the hologram to the coin.  I placed the hologram sticky side up on a flat surface and then carefully placed the paper on the sticker, aligning the sticker with the clear square in the middle.  Once the paper was attached, I used a paperclip as an applicator of sorts to put the sticker on the coin.  I didn't want my fingerprints to transfer to the sticker, or the oils on my hands to get on the coin.  So I pressed the paperclip against the sticker while it was on the table, and then I was able to pick up the sticker without handling it directly.  It also made it easier to place the sticker on the coin because my big fat fingers weren't in the way.

For reference, this is what it would end up like:

It's hard to write a good description of how I did all this, but I hope that helps.  If needed, I can post a video of how I do it when I get home tonight.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: