Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:26:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PPS multipool] NiceHash.com pool - higher profits than direct mining BTC!  (Read 98590 times)
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:09:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have tried using this exact address : stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3334 , but I have never tried the extranonce. I have 4 S3's on Westhash right now, and they will all connect with or without the extra // prefix on the address. The Bitcoin address is definitely valid, it is the same one that the S3's are using. My miners are numbered 11-15, so I have the addition of worker on the end of address (Bitcoinaddress.11-.15) and I have also tried using no suffix on the S5 bitcoin address, as well as trying one of the other address's with a different suffix with no luck. I am stumped on this one, although I have a feeling it is something simple to fix.

Edit to add: Are you saying I should enter this entire address(including the stratum+tcp:)into the address bar on the S5? stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3334

Edit again: I used the entire address including the stratum+tcp: prefix and it worked!

Solved! I figured it was something simple. Very strange that the S5 will not connect using the address without the stratum+tcp prefix but the S3's will.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:47:54 PM

[BTC +1000%] Try NiceHash.com pool, INSANE Bitcoin up to +1000% profits atm!!!

yea right BS!

I would like to know how to achieve that if it's legit which I doubt it sounds like a big fat ponzi scheme!
dog1965

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:49:20 PM

Is it really worth buying hashing power or its just a 100 percent loss ?

I just started using that site and I am lost.

Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:47:47 PM

Usually you can rent out and get right at the projected BTC yield. That is better than any regular BTC pool is doing these days. Renting is usually done by people chasing pumped coins. Last week it was UNB.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:25:19 PM

Rent some power and point it to this solo pool https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763510.0 to have a chance to win 25BTC Cheesy

nicehash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:38:54 PM

Rent some power and point it to this solo pool https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763510.0 to have a chance to win 25BTC Cheesy

Exactly! And you can make use of our fresh NiceHashBot which will help you sustain desired hashing power with a minimum effort and best price: https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashBot

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 05:13:39 PM

[BTC +1000%] Try NiceHash.com pool, INSANE Bitcoin up to +1000% profits atm!!!

yea right BS!

I would like to know how to achieve that if it's legit which I doubt it sounds like a big fat ponzi scheme!

It happened for a week back in December due to GAW launching the PoW phase of their coin.  People were paying outrageous prices to get gear to mine that coin which was supposed to have a $20 value floor.  That didn't hold for more than 30 minutes when the official GAW exchange opened up.

Anyway, I don't intend to drag this thread into the myriad others already discussing GAW and their coin, but I wanted to point out how it is that folks with gear on nice/westhash were indeed making 1000% during that timeframe Smiley.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
tlhIlwI

Activity: 305

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:13:43 PM

I've had 3 miners pointed to NiceHash/WestHash for when the payout is >3% above BTC and using BitAffNet as a secondary for the lower payout times and it has worked well until BitAffNet stopped paying (It's been over a week since payout and they just retroactively adjusted the payout to the new difficulty resulting in a 7.71% loss!).  I'm now looking for a new pool(s) for my secondary on these 3 miners since I'm done with BAN.

If I stick with PPS, I'm probably looking at a 4% pool and I'd set WestHash to 2% below BTC.  I'm not certain if this is the best (most profitable) approach though.

For those with experience doing so, how well does hopping on/off WestHash work with a PPLNS pool?  It would seem that with high N value it would even out, but the variance does make it difficult to determine.  Maybe speading out across multiple PPLNS pools could reduce the variance/risk from switching on/off WestHash?

What is a good value to set WestHash at when using along with PPLNS?

Subscribe to my Bitcoin Mining YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7eam9msr3I2qxzsCzRTuVQ
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:53:29 AM

I've had 3 miners pointed to NiceHash/WestHash for when the payout is >3% above BTC and using BitAffNet as a secondary for the lower payout times and it has worked well until BitAffNet stopped paying (It's been over a week since payout and they just retroactively adjusted the payout to the new difficulty resulting in a 7.71% loss!).  I'm now looking for a new pool(s) for my secondary on these 3 miners since I'm done with BAN.

If I stick with PPS, I'm probably looking at a 4% pool and I'd set WestHash to 2% below BTC.  I'm not certain if this is the best (most profitable) approach though.

For those with experience doing so, how well does hopping on/off WestHash work with a PPLNS pool?  It would seem that with high N value it would even out, but the variance does make it difficult to determine.  Maybe speading out across multiple PPLNS pools could reduce the variance/risk from switching on/off WestHash?

What is a good value to set WestHash at when using along with PPLNS?

Look for a p2pool node near you. Set your miners and wait and be patient.
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 07:04:07 AM

Again there are currently some very well paying orders. Past 7 days average price is also good: +5% more then direct Bitcoin mining. You are welcome to join our service.

Rum152

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:46:41 AM

I have been mining on this pool for months now and I must admin, no issues so far. Payments are regular.

I simply don't understand why bother mining elsewhere. If you look at the 30 day chart, you see that NiceHash pays 1.5% more than Bitcoin mining. It is pay per share pool and it has 2% fee. That makes it -0.5% less than Bitcoin mining or in other words - as a 0.5% fee PPS pool. No other pool can survive this on long term. And I didn't consider the 10 fold payment increase that lasted whole week in december.

I don't even set p parameter. Because on long term, NiceHash pays more and additional pool switching just causes troubles with my antminers.

Whoever thinks that there are better paying pools out there should do the math and recalculate again.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 04:42:49 AM

I have been mining on this pool for months now and I must admin, no issues so far. Payments are regular.

I simply don't understand why bother mining elsewhere. If you look at the 30 day chart, you see that NiceHash pays 1.5% more than Bitcoin mining. It is pay per share pool and it has 2% fee. That makes it -0.5% less than Bitcoin mining or in other words - as a 0.5% fee PPS pool. No other pool can survive this on long term. And I didn't consider the 10 fold payment increase that lasted whole week in december.

I don't even set p parameter. Because on long term, NiceHash pays more and additional pool switching just causes troubles with my antminers.

Whoever thinks that there are better paying pools out there should do the math and recalculate again.
Since nicehash is actually a proxy pool, you are not mining directly on the actual upstream pool. You are assuming there is no hit to performance by doing this. I've been trying to help someone with a large farm debug why they take a massive reject hit which far more than offsets the fee at certain times on nicehash and the fact it's a proxy pool is the only valid explanation. I've seen it do some funky mining with restarts every 3 seconds - no mining hardware can work efficiently with that.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 08:32:55 AM

Since nicehash is actually a proxy pool, you are not mining directly on the actual upstream pool. You are assuming there is no hit to performance by doing this. I've been trying to help someone with a large farm debug why they take a massive reject hit which far more than offsets the fee at certain times on nicehash and the fact it's a proxy pool is the only valid explanation. I've seen it do some funky mining with restarts every 3 seconds - no mining hardware can work efficiently with that.

Buyers of hashing power at NiceHash/WestHash are not only mining Bitcoin, they are also (sometimes) mining various other coins. Some of them are still at very low difficulty, switching jobs very fast, etc. Unfortunately manufacturers of ASIC miners are putting very weak controllers in their miners (saving a few $ in a machine, worth hundreds even thousands of $ Sad ) with non-optimized software and are thus unable to process large number of shares/jobs/work-restarts. A typical example was KnC Titan (not SHA256, but an Scrypt miner) which was only able to mine Litecoins until the controller software was properly optimized. Recent example of a SHA256 miner that is having a few issues with rejects is AntMiner S5, hopefully Bitmain will improve it soon. If manufacturers would put a multi-core Raspberry Pie 2 in their miners (with a good controller software - I'm not talking only about cgminer/bfgminer, but also drivers, etc. handling of low difficulty coins, switching jobs very fast, proper handling of flushwork, etc.) there would be no issues. For example, there are no issues with sgminer mining any GPU based coin, running on PC (which always has a decent CPU). Probably there is also room for improvement in cgminer itself for these issues.

Anyway, we are aware of these issues and we've implemented measures to mitigate these issues a long time ago. We are rewarding providers (sellers) with extra shares paid by buyers when fast work restarts happens. If you are a seller it is very important for you to monitor the average mid-term hashrate, reported on our website (it is calculated from shares, rewarded to your miner) and the actual earnings, not only the hashrate or accept/reject ratio that is displayed by your miner hardware/software, since in some cases you will be rewarded for more then your miner is showing you in terms of hashrate. Details are explained in this FAQ.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 09:37:45 AM

Buyers of hashing power at NiceHash/WestHash are not only mining Bitcoin, they are also (sometimes) mining various other coins. Some of them are still at very low difficulty, switching jobs very fast, etc. Unfortunately manufacturers of ASIC miners are putting very weak controllers in their miners (saving a few $ in a machine, worth hundreds even thousands of $ Sad ) with non-optimized software and are thus unable to process large number of shares/jobs/work-restarts. A typical example was KnC Titan (not SHA256, but an Scrypt miner) which was only able to mine Litecoins until the controller software was properly optimized. Recent example of a SHA256 miner that is having a few issues with rejects is AntMiner S5, hopefully Bitmain will improve it soon. If manufacturers would put a multi-core Raspberry Pie 2 in their miners (with a good controller software - I'm not talking only about cgminer/bfgminer, but also drivers, etc. handling of low difficulty coins, switching jobs very fast, proper handling of flushwork, etc.) there would be no issues. For example, there are no issues with sgminer mining any GPU based coin, running on PC (which always has a decent CPU). Probably there is also room for improvement in cgminer itself for these issues.
Scrypt miners have nothing to do with this, and I object to you blaming cgminer or the hardware for these issues. 3 second restarts will cause a loss of 10-15% of hashrate no matter how powerful the controller. You are mining shitcoins and miners are losing income as a result, thinking the bonuses will make up for it somehow.  Being aware of the issues and planning to tackle them is good but please choose your scapegoats wisely.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 01:29:12 PM

Scrypt miners have nothing to do with this, and I object to you blaming cgminer or the hardware for these issues. 3 second restarts will cause a loss of 10-15% of hashrate no matter how powerful the controller. You are mining shitcoins and miners are losing income as a result, thinking the bonuses will make up for it somehow.  Being aware of the issues and planning to tackle them is good but please choose your scapegoats wisely.

ckolivas, we respect you as a cgminer developer and overall contributor to Bitcoin community and we are not looking for any scapegoats here ... we're just trying to run a service where both - owners of the mining devices and those who are seeking for hashing power to rent - can benefit. We'll continue to work with hardware and software providers to make sure that various crypto coins (not all of them are shitcoins) will be mineable by various mining devices.

Rum152

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:35:17 PM

It works for me just as advertised and shown on front page. Like I said before.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:57:16 PM

ckolivas, we respect you as a cgminer developer and overall contributor to Bitcoin community and we are not looking for any scapegoats here ... we're just trying to run a service where both - owners of the mining devices and those who are seeking for hashing power to rent - can benefit. We'll continue to work with hardware and software providers to make sure that various crypto coins (not all of them are shitcoins) will be mineable by various mining devices.
Your wording was clearly choosing a scapegoat ... since you claimed the hardware and miner were at fault but provided no details of why the hardware or the miner were at fault.

Mining just BTC works fine.

As soon as you add merged mining that prioritises the merged mined coin above the BTC mining, to either make "extra profit" for you, or "extra payout" for your clients, of those merge mined coins, the result is loss of shares on BTC.

3 second restarts means that the merged mined coins are getting priority over the BTC restarts and miners are losing BTC.
Sounds like a REALLY bad idea to me ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 7593

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 05:14:19 AM

I never cared much for coin hopping tech.   I use nicehash - westhash at  kano's pool, ck's pool and mmpool.  all are btc and I commit for 24, 48 ,72 hours or more of rented hash at those pools.

Coin hopping  needs to be limited to 1 hop an hour (pick a number)  not 1 every 3  seconds.  

Basically here is why.  If I sell a 'magic' miner with magic software and point it to a  pool that switches every 5 seconds the edge vanishes  as people adapt it.

A lot like a 500gh miner is now a piece of shit too small.

Or a 1 watt per gh miner is now power hungry.

So I make a phillie willy miner.  it is primed to switch super fast.  I point it to west/nice hash multipool  with exotic  custom software that kano and ck have been paid to develop.

And for 30 days or 60 days it stays ahead.  Then someone reverse engineers the software the miner and west-nice hashes switching multi pool you are back to square one.

Guess what happened to BTC  it got weakened by it all.

Just study what gaw-zen did to price of coins with it methods.  I have supported west-nice hash and still will but in this case I am not big with switching pools.

I saw what zen-gaw did to LTC and other alts.  I also see zen-gaw's methods as a threat to btc.  Now Nice/west is not doing that the hash is online pointed at various pools but it dilutes btc and we need more to point at btc only.  

Or anyone coin not 100 different coins. There is not enough room for all the coins and pop up coins.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
dog1965

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:51:54 AM

Nicehash and westhash are highway robbery there is no way you can make a profit it is all BS do the math.

Rum152

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:07:21 AM

Nicehash and westhash are highway robbery there is no way you can make a profit it is all BS do the math.

You are saying this from buyers point of view? Me, as a seller, I constantly make profit, small, due to high electricity cost, but more than mining direct Bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: