Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:58:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PPS multipool] NiceHash.com pool - higher profits than direct mining BTC!  (Read 98597 times)
Megaquake

Activity: 630
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 05:09:50 AM

believe what you want. when was the last time a gpu hit a block? 2012?

its not about amount of hash in a given time frame I wanted/ordered 5 for 24hrs. that's what I want not 50 for 1 hour. I put a limit on it for a reason.

I agree with you

Mines at Kano.is best profit in the world!

在Kano.is的BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WorkHorse78

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:36:33 AM

its not about amount of hash in a given time frame I wanted/ordered 5 for 24hrs. that's what I want not 50 for 1 hour. I put a limit on it for a reason.

I agree with you

Is there the same amount of coins generated on the network in 1 hour as amount of coins generated in 24 hours?

If I ordered 24 hours worth of hashing at any speed, I'd be pissed if it only gave me 1 hour!
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 06:54:21 AM

I agree with you

Is there the same amount of coins generated on the network in 1 hour as amount of coins generated in 24 hours?

If I ordered 24 hours worth of hashing at any speed, I'd be pissed if it only gave me 1 hour!

Hi,

Please take a look at this FAQ: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqb16

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

WorkHorse78

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:43:34 PM

I agree with you

Hi,

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

That did NOT answer my Question.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:03:27 AM

I agree with you

Hi,

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

That did NOT answer my Question.
i see it pretty clear.. if you paid for 5th and you see 7th its because there wasnt enough miners available to give exactly 5th.. unfortunately they dont give you the extra 2 for free..
it also says that if they give you 7th for a short while, they can also lower it down to say 2th for awhile to even it out..

in the end.. you will have produced the same amount of shares.. whether its 5th for an hour, or 10th for 30 minutes..

its how it works..

Legacy2005

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:18:51 PM

but there is still the fact that they are assigning underpowered crap to be the miners of these contracts.

yes the number of shares may even out over the length of contract and that is fine if you mining to a pool and that pool pays for your submitted shares. but when you are solo mining its not so much about the number of shares but the quality of those shares submitted. an old crap miner will never hit a block where as an s7 or avalon 6 may hit several.

i will be using mrr from now on for my rentals. it might be a touch more expensive but at least i know that when i set a contract for an s7 worth of hash power i will be getting an s7.
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:15:28 PM

an old crap miner will never hit a block where as an s7 or avalon 6 may hit several

Do you actually believe there is such thing as "quality share"?  Cheesy

Sure AntMiner S7 has higher chances of hitting a block, but merely due to the fact that is faster than "an old crap miner like AntMiner S1" and it thus processes more shares ... and more shares means more chances to hit a block. But there is no such think as quality of a share. And if you rent hashing power on NiceHash these shares are coming from real miners and are as "quality" as those from using directly any physical miners.
Legacy2005

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:53:17 PM

an old crap miner will never hit a block where as an s7 or avalon 6 may hit several

Sure AntMiner S7 has higher chances of hitting a block, but merely due to the fact that is faster than "an old crap miner like AntMiner S1" and it thus processes more shares ... and more shares means more chances to hit a block. But there is no such think as quality of a share. And if you rent hashing power on NiceHash these shares are coming from real miners and are as "quality" as those from using directly any physical miners.

laugh all you want but your statement just proved my point. an s7 will put out more shares at this higher diff then an old s1, therefore those s7 shares are of higher quality as they are closer/more likely to hit the required #. take a look at the blocks found on the ckpool thread when is the last one found with an old miner, ages and ages ago.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 07:57:20 PM

Blocks are found by NH rentals all the time on -ck's solo pool.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:17:16 PM

laugh all you want but your statement just proved my point. an s7 will put out more shares at this higher diff then an old s1, therefore those s7 shares are of higher quality as they are closer/more likely to hit the required #. take a look at the blocks found on the ckpool thread when is the last one found with an old miner, ages and ages ago.

again you are confused about how bitcoin mining works..

it doesnt matter if you have 1000 1 ghs miners, or 1 1000ghs miner, you will produce the same amount of shares and have the SAME chance at finding a block.
Legacy2005

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:42:37 PM

it doesnt matter if you have 1000 1 ghs miners, or 1 1000ghs miner, you will produce the same amount of shares and have the SAME chance at finding a block.

ya sure.. believe what you want. check the stats. when was the last block found by a 1gh miner vs that of a 1000gh miner.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:44:08 PM

ya sure.. believe what you want. check the stats. when was the last block found by a 1gh miner vs that of a 1000gh miner.

how would you know?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1623

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 08:48:38 PM

I try not to get involved in these discussions because it gets tiring correcting misinformation all day every day, but if you want an authority to chime in on this debate: you're completely and utterly wrong. 1000 x more blocks are found by a 1000gh miner than a 1gh miner, but that doesn't mean the 1gh miner "stops finding blocks". There's no such thing as quality of hash, only total hashes. A miner that has 1000x the hashes has 1000x the chance of finding a block. The others are right when they say 1000 1gh miners find a many blocks as 1 1000gh miner.  The total hashes of all 1gh miners left in the universe though don't come anywhere near the total hashes of all 1th miners though so it only stands to reason that more blocks are being found by the 1th miners now.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
bctmke

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:24:36 PM

The easy answer is that if you want more control over WHAT type of device is hashing for you - don't rent from NH.

They're just going to provide you what is promised which is really a total shares #.  The FAQ is absolutely right.

As you mentioned you'll be going elsewhere for hash - and that's how it should be.  Having options is always nice.

NXS is on the move!   Come subscribe to our subreddit  https://www.reddit.com/r/nexusearth/
Come mine NXS at http://nxsminingpool.com
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:24:36 PM

i been noticing on the ethereum pool long stretches of flat lines (1 or 2 hours).. like my miner isnt sending in any shares..

is something wrong with the site?
daniele_83

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:22:55 PM

Hi, I am having a problem with the Pool Verificator, it fail everytime!!!

"Received authorization result... Error: Failed to authorize. Wrong username or password."

what are the password supposed to put there?

Truffacoin l'ho denunciato alla polizia di stato per diffamazione, lui ancora non ne ha risposto. Allora quello che c'è scritto qua è vero http://truffacoineunatruffa.com
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 01:30:49 PM

Hi, I am having a problem with the Pool Verificator, it fail everytime!!!

"Received authorization result... Error: Failed to authorize. Wrong username or password."

The user and password are the one registered in the pools. It happens for each pools I try to verify!

I put there the user and password registered for the pools

Example for http://www.bravo-mining.com/index.php

I put my login and password details

What's wrong?
Since you're asking about my pool, let me try to help you.  Can you provide me your username on my pool?  Also, we probably want to move this discussion to my pool's thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1330452.0 because I know the pool verification function works:

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
daniele_83

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:34:03 PM

Hi, I am pretty sure I am the one in mistake here.

It's the same for another pool server where i am registered so I am pretty 99% sure I am making something wrong.

Btw I am using worker1  as user to test in jonnybravo

Truffacoin l'ho denunciato alla polizia di stato per diffamazione, lui ancora non ne ha risposto. Allora quello che c'è scritto qua è vero http://truffacoineunatruffa.com
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 01:37:34 PM

Ok... you need to put in your pool account name dot worker name.  For example, on my pool, my username is "jonnybravo" and a worker I have is "rental" (yes, I know, creatively named).  So, to test this, I must put
Code:
jonnybravo.rental

Your worker name must exist on the pool, to pass the verification.  The password you enter must also match.

daniele_83

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:54:46 PM

Cool, now that I wish like to test this pool it keeps popping me opinable captchas to solve...

btw again

Received authorization result... Error: Failed to authorize. Wrong username or password.

EDIT
I SUCCEED! Grin Grin Grin

Thank you Jonny for support! It helped me making a step at least!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: