Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:01:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOO]NooCoin | Nootropic Payment Gateway | 25% Discount | Now Shipping!  (Read 87330 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NooHackTeam (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:20:21 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 12:07:14 PM by NooHackTeam

Hello MemoryShock,

We appreciate your concerns and would like to address some of them.

In fact, a simple amount of research into all of the drugs will show that all of them are not approved by the FDA (admittedly, the FDA is bought and paid for so I'll take that with a mild grain of salt) but more importantly that they are all stimulants.  They are all involved in research and there can be no true assertions regarding their benefits (There are times when switching to a work brewed coffee instead of the Red Bull that I have consumed for a period of three weeks results in noticable physiological changes; it is actually an argument that the modus of delivery of a stimulant (differently brewed coffees, energy drinks)  is more important than the actual ingredient.

The products are not all stimulants, far from it. Most of the products fall under the ampakine family, specifically racetams. They and are very well tolerated, and none of them can be classified as true stimulants. Some of them, such as phenylpiracetam, do produce slight CNS stimulant effects, but the most of their work is done in the background, boosting cognition.
Another product, Phenibut, is in-fact a sleep aid and a muscle relaxant that has reported anxiotic use.
The one product that is a stimulant is Adrafinil, but unlike classic stimulants such as ritalin, Adrafinil doesn't work on dopamine receptors, and as such doesn't cause the associated neurotoxicity.
Then we have Alpha-GPC, a choline source that we all produce naturally. The reason we sell Alpha-GPC however, is due to the action of the racetam family. They use a neurotransmitter known as acetylcholine which is linked to memory. It is beneficial to the user to keep an intake of choline due to this mechanism of action (choline can be found in eggs, fish, and even turkey!). Alpha-GPC is just the most efficient source in regards to crossing the blood–brain barrier, replenishing at a faster rate.
We have taken care to choose these products due to their safety. However as stated on our site, their are two products that come with warnings: Phenibut and Adrafinil. The warnings are regarding overuse of the supplements, which of course is never a good idea. Due diligence is always recommended to our buyers. It is of course it is in our best interest as a company to ensure the safe use of our products. This is a priority.

In regards to their true benefits, you of course have a point. Everybody reacts differently to compounds, and these products are no different. The effects stated can however be backed up by in-vivo studies into the compounds. There is also a climbing number of people consuming these compounds, leading to many reports and logs regarding their effects.

One must remember, as you stated, that these are not FDA approved compounds, hence our ability to sell them in the manner that we are. It is therefore in the buyers best interest to carry out research into these compounds before buying.

Now, I know that the people involved probably mean well.  But it can not be stated that they aren't here to make money and as well it can not be stated that there is any kind of relevant medical representation involved with this product or the coin that is intended to market it.  In fact, a simple amount of research into all of the drugs will show that all of them are not approved by the FDA (admittedly, the FDA is bought and paid for so I'll take that with a mild grain of salt) but more importantly that they are all stimulants.  They are all involved in research and there can be no true assertions regarding their benefits (There are times when switching to a work brewed coffee instead of the Red Bull that I have consumed for a period of three weeks results in noticable physiological changes; it is actually an argument that the modus of delivery of a stimulant (differently brewed coffees, energy drinks)  is more important than the actual ingredient.

But that is another part of the problem I have that would take long discussions.  Which I am down for.  

It should be noted that I have a major problem with people selling drugs to people who don't need them (I have family who was mis-prescribed ritalin for non existant ADHD).  

I just think that there might be an issue with the interests of the sellers here and the benefits that one can expect from the product.  Increased cognitive ability, even in the short (which can be gained from a number of factors) is not going to replace knowledcge and experience. It might make you more reactive to patterns (which might be valuable to some in this industry) but it's not going to make you more intelligent.

Not buying this one and am waiting for counter arguments.

Our interest is to create a synergy between cryptocurrency and nootropics. The two markets, from our experience, converge very well. It is the key demographic. Of course we have an interest here. We are running a business! Given that, we would not and could not succeed if we were not to take the necessary precautions here. We are offering the cryptocurrency community an insight into the cognitive enhancement world that is evolving around us.

We are fully acceptant of your negative connotations towards pharmaceutical medicines, especially Ritalin, the well known dopamine reuptake inhibitor, neurotoxic, addictive, and over-prescribed medication. We understand that, at this point, this might not be the market for you.

In the next day or so we will be uploading a lot more information in regards to the science behind the products we are selling. These will be seen on the product pages along with updated here.

Regards

The NooHack Team

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:31:22 AM

Great road map for the coin,  investors will be very happy
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:43:45 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 08:45:26 AM by MemoryShock

Hello MemoryShock,

We appreciate your concerns and would like to address some of them.

I actually appreciate the entirety of your reply and the thought that went into it.  It provides me with a reasonable amount of confidence regarding the conversation.  Please note that I am not going to change my opinion on the coin but nor am I here to actively dissuade people.  I merely think that I would like to hash out a few points before I move along.

The products are not all stimulants, far from it. Most of the products fall under the ampakine family, specifically racetams. They and are very well tolerated, and none of them can be classified as stimulants. Some of them, such as phenylpiracetam, do produce slight stimulant effects, but the most of their work is done in the background, boosting cognition.

That is not entirely accurate.  Pramiracetam is in fact classified as a central nervous system stimulant in addition to the racetam classification.  

The research done on Pramiracetam has also been expanded beyond Alzheimer's to diabetes (which highlights the ambiguous nature of our understanding of it) in that it is being implicated as a "protein glycation inhibitor".  Glycation is implicated in oxidation and dehydration of cells (this is why nano research is very interesting regarding drug administration; the ability to directly effect the health of cells is potentially mindblowing but that has nothing to do with general digestion of racetams) which, when compounded, results in organ damage...to varying levels over the course of impact before failure (which can be decades but overall physiological distribution of resources is impacted...including inclined cognitive resources).
http://www.google.com/patents/US8686037

Oxiracetam is also included in the above amongst other racetams...which are both included on the front page of the Noohack website.  What is also mildly concerning to me is that most of the 'most oft cited' research regarding cognitive benefits of the former is from the late eighties and early nineties...and are based in observed rat functions (if there is a counter to this than I would be appreciative to read).

The overall application of a chemical additive to increase and better the functioning of ones body is a great thing indeed.  It is something that I would love to see.  There is no arguing that there is a possibility that racetams do increase cognitive focus.  But there is no consensus on how that focus manifests nor is there any way to determine how responsible the user is...meaning there is a valid chance that misconception will lead to misuse - it can effect dietary (or is effected by) and activity habits and interrupt the circadian rhythm to an extent that negates the benefits.  As well, there is no way to know if it is merely a cellular cleansing or incremental knowledge increase...the former leads to a better physiological feeling which may be misconstrued with increased intelligence and the latter is simple due diligence - research/reading/discussion/sleep/rinse and repeat.

My point is that there is not enough to suggest that these drugs actually work more than a placebo effect...and I really do not want to debate the merits of field testing.  I might have to bring up a particular trepanation field test that was recorded to prove the cognitive enhancements from actually drilling a hole in ones skull (there are pictures and after a month of jubilation he regretted it).  I'm not saying trepanation and racetams are the same thing but the lack of definitive research regarding the cognitive benefits of racetams are still dubious at best.

Our interest is to create a synergy between cryptocurrency and nootropics. The two markets, from our experience, converge very well. It is the key demographic. Of course we have an interest here. We are running a business! Given that, we would not and could not succeed if we were not to take the necessary precautions here. We are offering the cryptocurrency community an insight into the cognitive enhancement world that is evolving around us.

We are fully acceptant of your negative connotations towards pharmaceutical medicines, especially Ritalin, the well known dopamine reuptake inhibitor, neurotoxic, addictive, and over-prescribed medication. Sorry to hear about your encounter.

In the next day or so we will be uploading a lot more information in regards to the science behind the products we are selling. These will be seen on the product pages along with updated here.

Regards

The NooHack Team

Your response was well received and pointed to some relevant aspects of my original post.  I am not going to reinforce the unanswered portions specifically because I am not here to create a 'FUD atmosphere' though I feel that they are very relevant...however, I think that maintaining talking points and not broadening the discussion to include the specifics of scientific research, when they occurred, by whom they were performed by, et cetera is more conducive to a business attention than it is for the benefit of people...and on that note, placebos have been known to work.  

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:04:39 AM

Just over 24 hours left to invest in noocoin. The info is all there. The OP here, the graphics here, the website, the COA, the roadmap, the whitepaper, the exchange announcement, and the increased rewards for investors, the vetted and verified dev team. This is a very solid investment. If you have been waiting until the final day, the time has arrived. Don't forget to pick some up in the next 24 hours, don't miss out!

Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:17:20 AM

How much is invested in the crowdfund/ico already? Can't really see it on trex and it's pretty important info.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 09:33:13 AM

How much is invested in the crowdfund/ico already? Can't really see it on trex and it's pretty important info.

Roughly over 28 BTC so far (there was 250 BTC in NOO for sale at the beginning)
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:23:07 PM

Roughly over 28 BTC so far (there was 250 BTC in NOO for sale at the beginning)

Thank you. Their minimum is 100 BTC, wonder how much buyers there will be tonight.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:41:35 PM

how much is sold?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:31:07 PM

how much is sold?

Roughly over 30 BTC so far (there was 250 BTC in NOO for sale at the beginning)

NooHackTeam (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:46:04 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 05:10:55 PM by NooHackTeam

I actually appreciate the entirety of your reply and the thought that went into it.  It provides me with a reasonable amount of confidence regarding the conversation.  Please note that I am not going to change my opinion on the coin but nor am I here to actively dissuade people.  I merely think that I would like to hash out a few points before I move along.
Glad to hear, and we fully understand if you personally don't want to invest. The conversation is healthy!

That is not entirely accurate.  Pramiracetam is in fact classified as a central nervous system stimulant in addition to the racetam classification.  
They are not stimulants in the classic sense, in-fact they are psychostimulants. Adverse to the CNS stimulant claim, phenylpiracetam even has anticonvulsive effects.
This is obviously not relevant to the effects nor benefits that nootropic fans are seeking, but is useful for reference regarding mechanism of action.

In regards to Pramiracetam and other claims to CNS stimulation, /r/nootropics recently had the very same discussion around Wikipedia's statements regarding the matter. There is no proof of these compounds being direct CNS stimulants, these are unfounded statements.

"Racetams generally show negligible affinity for common central nervous system receptors, but modulation of central neurotransmitters, including acetylcholine and glutamate, has been reported"
Ref: Wikipedia

The research done on Pramiracetam has also been expanded beyond Alzheimer's to diabetes (which highlights the ambiguous nature of our understanding of it) in that it is being implicated as a "protein glycation inhibitor".  Glycation is implicated in oxidation and dehydration of cells (this is why nano research is very interesting regarding drug administration; the ability to directly effect the health of cells is potentially mindblowing but that has nothing to do with general digestion of racetams) which, when compounded, results in organ damage...to varying levels over the course of impact before failure (which can be decades but overall physiological distribution of resources is impacted...including inclined cognitive resources).
http://www.google.com/patents/US8686037

Oxiracetam is also included in the above amongst other racetams...which are both included on the front page of the Noohack website.  What is also mildly concerning to me is that most of the 'most oft cited' research regarding cognitive benefits of the former is from the late eighties and early nineties...and are based in observed rat functions (if there is a counter to this than I would be appreciative to read).
Many of these compounds have risen to popularity thanks to the anecdotal reports of users over the many years. In my opinion, Oxiracetam, Aniracetam and Pramiracetam (those who's studies for medical use have been abandoned), deserve far more insight from the scientific community. They seem to have been looked over, yet remain extremely popular in the nootropics world due to their beneficial and desired effects.
The obvious reason being is that these compounds have not proven useful as medication, and thus have not picked up the attention of large pharmaceutical companies who are ready to jump on anything to inflate their multi-billion dollar industry. That said, the claims regarding safety remain and many of these products are indeed licensed by (albeit small) pharmaceutical companies. The trade names that these companies use for the compounds in question are easily found via search.
The other compounds (Phenylpiracetam, Adrafinil, Phenibut, Noopept) do have more recent studies, which as mentioned, we will be referring to more in the next couple of days.

The overall application of a chemical additive to increase and better the functioning of ones body is a great thing indeed.  It is something that I would love to see.  There is no arguing that there is a possibility that racetams do increase cognitive focus.  But there is no consensus on how that focus manifests nor is there any way to determine how responsible the user is...meaning there is a valid chance that misconception will lead to misuse - it can effect dietary (or is effected by) and activity habits and interrupt the circadian rhythm to an extent that negates the benefits.  As well, there is no way to know if it is merely a cellular cleansing or incremental knowledge increase...the former leads to a better physiological feeling which may be misconstrued with increased intelligence and the latter is simple due diligence - research/reading/discussion/sleep/rinse and repeat.
My point is that there is not enough to suggest that these drugs actually work more than a placebo effect...and I really do not want to debate the merits of field testing.  I might have to bring up a particular trepanation field test that was recorded to prove the cognitive enhancements from actually drilling a hole in ones skull (there are pictures and after a month of jubilation he regretted it).  I'm not saying trepanation and racetams are the same thing but the lack of definitive research regarding the cognitive benefits of racetams are still dubious at best.
It is a fascinating field indeed, and the nootropics community is only but expanding and growing in knowledge!
As mentioned, there are plenty of reports and studies that show the positive cognitive enhancement effects of racetams. Of course you still have a point, the nootropics sector in general is only just starting to break through to the general public and the action of racetams are in general very complex, with each compound acting on different sub-receptors and carrying a variety of nootropic benifits that are yet to be fully understood.  
The other products (Phenibut, Adrafinil, and Alpha-GPC) have a much stronger history. On the other hand, racetams such as Aniracetam, Noopept, and Oxiracetam remain the compounds which retain the most interest from both the community and analytical data.

In summary, these products have a variety of uses and purported effects, many of which are only just being uncovered!

Kind regards,
The NooHack Team

cubydu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:14:53 PM

Infomercial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v9OQfNv4Bg

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:46:51 PM

12 hours left and 32 BTC raised...

NooHackTeam (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:21:55 PM

12 hours left and 32 BTC raised...

Spread the word and lets get this off the ground!

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:08:55 PM

If I'm correct this is a 100% premined coin?  There will be no mining and no more coins created correct?

vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:14:18 PM

If I'm correct this is a 100% premined coin?  There will be no mining and no more coins created correct?

Correct, and leftover coin when ICO ends will be destroyed.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:28:23 PM

Complete breakdown of NooCoin - NooCoin Brings Nootropics to the Masses

"Developed by the NooHack team, NooCoin was created with a goal to give back savings, provided by accepting and using cryptocurrency. This, unlike with traditional fiat processors, allows them to return savings back to the people and allows easy access to high-quality nootropics.."

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:06:54 PM

I think this is showing that people here are sick of IPOs, ICOs and other raise money plans.  After the SYS clusterfuck, I guess I would be also.  I invested a little bit, but it is the holidays and people are on vacation or spending time with their families.

What happens if the 100 BTC is not met?  I know our BTC will be refunded, but what happens to the project?

hussar

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:13:09 PM

the only ipo's that were a "success" lately, and i use the term loosly. are the ones with multiple nefarious pump groups converging to pump hundreds of bitcoins in an attempt to extract thousands of bitcoins from the market. awsome Roll Eyes

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
MomoCoin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:43:04 PM

I do hope we see some investors buy in at the last minute. NOO is doing things right so I will watch how this plays out!

@MomoCoins
https://twitter.com/MomoCoins
No, I am not a coin.
NooHackTeam (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:20:35 AM

I think this is showing that people here are sick of IPOs, ICOs and other raise money plans.  After the SYS clusterfuck, I guess I would be also.  I invested a little bit, but it is the holidays and people are on vacation or spending time with their families.

What happens if the 100 BTC is not met?  I know our BTC will be refunded, but what happens to the project?

Well, obviously there is still some time for the minimum to be hit. In the case that we are not successful, we are not abandoning this project as literally months of work have gone in to make it a possibility.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: